2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 237 238 239
By soralin 2020-09-10 11:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So not only are there only 12 chests instead of 18 in Sheol C, but already in 6 runs recording my data is indicating the ratio of boxes:wings is much much lower than Sheol B, seems to be like less than 20% boxes, compared to closer to 33% in Sheol B.

So even after 6 runs, including the free 3 large boxes, I ended up with less than 1000 wings.

Compared to the usual 1300~1400ish I get from 6 Sheol B runs, which dont even have the large box bonus of course.

So prices on Wings will have to be substantially higher than Hides for farmers to justify even bothering.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 11:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheol C video is up going over maps, conflux, translocator and mob locations.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-09-10 11:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Yes Tumult as well seemed to spam TP moves much quicker then unusual. Thanksfully none were overly nasty... most in the 500-900 AOE Damage range but he did spike to like 1500 AOE at one point and took our Koru.

you drinking while typing? you slurring your words.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 12:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

First Sheol C NM Vid is out covering Tumult Curator NM called Chaos Steward. Further vids will follow on the channel covering the other 6.

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 12:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

That was extremely disappointingly simple (even for floor 1) It's not even tumult, where's the astral flow?

Which 'skillchains' lua is that? its much higher quality than skillchains
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 12:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
That was extremely disappointingly simple (even for floor 1) It's not even tumult, where's the astral flow?

Which 'skillchains' lua is that? its much higher quality than skillchains

Agreed, really am wondering if I just got really lucky or something and he didn't have a chance to use it as that was frankly a joke. The skillchains plugin I just started using this week. I found it here https://github.com/Ivaar/Skillchains
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 12:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I see, that is the same file I have, but they must've updated it.

I don't change my stuff unless something breaks so, you've probably got a higher version than 1.8
Quote:
_addon.author = 'Ivaar,Sammeh(Mod)'
_addon.command = 'sc'
_addon.name = 'SkillChains'
_addon.version = '1.8.0'
By Crossbones 2020-09-10 12:39:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more interested in all that ***you got on your screen than anything else tbh.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 12:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

All pretty standard stuff... that's how quite a few people play now

Skillchains
Parse
Scoreboard
timers
gearinfo
equipment viewer
debuffed
The maps i'm unfamiliar with, is that just a picture overlay on the screen?
By Crossbones 2020-09-10 12:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah don't know how standard running two different parsers is but that not scoreboard one is what I'm interested in (with parry rates and ***). Skillchains one is dope looking also. Can you see the menu when you open it up with all those add-ons up?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-10 12:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You can see the spot where the menu would be.

[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 12:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Yeah don't know how standard running two different parsers is but that not scoreboard one is what I'm interested in (with parry rates and ***). Skillchains one is dope looking also. Can you see the menu when you open it up with all those add-ons up?

"Parse" is the one with DPS and such. It doesn't block anything.
Skillchains is also a new one and yes in it's current position it does block parts of menu's and such but since it only pops up for those few seconds when I'm sc'ing I haven't found a problem with that so far. The other plugins I use are documents here in case your interested.

[+]
By Crossbones 2020-09-10 13:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice thanks a ton, I'll be sure to take a look (sorry for hijacking ody thread for a few posts). Don't want toooo much stuff on my screen but that parse addon seems like it's better than scoreboard, any reason you run both?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-10 13:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Of note is that it seems that practically everything in Sheol C has at least a 50% darkness resistance rank or worse.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-09-10 18:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dabbat al-Ard (Behemoth) uses Hundred Fists
Kurmajara (Adamantoise) uses Invincible
Lotanu (Wyrm) uses Mighty Strikes
Asena (Cerberus) uses Hundred Fists
Wayra Tata (Hydra) uses Invincible
Bygul (Khimaira) uses ??? (he died before he could use it)
Chaos Steward (Dvergr) uses Manafont
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-10 18:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Dabbat al-Ard (Behemoth) uses Hundred Fists
Kurmajara (Adamantoise) uses Invincible
Lotanu (Wyrm) uses Mighty Strikes
Asena (Cerberus) uses Hundred Fists
Wayra Tata (Hydra) uses Invincible
Bygul (Khimaira) uses ??? (he died before he could use it)
Chaos Steward (Dvergr) uses Manafont

Looks like my Chaos Steward failed to sp similar to your Khimaira... good to know it's manafont. Thanks!
By alamihgo 2020-09-10 23:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth noting that Lotanu doesn't behave like a typical wyrm. With the exception of Spike Flail, the NM will pivot to face whoever has current hate for TP moves; the age-old technique of stacking on the front paw is therefore pointless. Horrid Roar also dispels one buff at a time instead of a full purge.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-09-11 01:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing to check would be to time how many minutes into the fight they use their 2hr,
I have a feeling it might be time-based rather than triggering at a certain %, or trigger after N seconds below a certain HP threshold, because even in A and B I noticed they used their special at low % HP for me and not very consistently, so they might skip it if you kill them fast enough maybe?

Also finally the message for mastery is fixed, I wonder if anything else has changed with mastery...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-11 02:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Think it's random. First Chaos Stewart used Manafont after the first Victory smite around 85% seconds after popping. Asena didn't use HF until around 60%, about a minute in and Dabbat al-Ard was around the same 50%.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-09-11 04:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

also I tried fighting chigoes, they do not die from critical hits or weapon skills so they are not an easy target. And I noticed that my stats count for chests and coffers stayed at 0 even after I opened several chests and 1 coffer, not sure if it's just me.
By Taint 2020-09-11 05:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bygul uses Perfect Dodge. Steamrolled him and Asena.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-09-11 16:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

All NMs except the Wyrm and Hydra appear to have a huge resistance against piercing. Oddly enough, slashing seems to work on all or most of them. Wyrm is resistant to blunt.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-11 16:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Were you solo or in a group?
By Taint 2020-09-11 16:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Taint said: »
Were you solo or in a group?

TriBox.

MNK,nqBRD,RDM,Sylvia,Monber,Ygnas

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2020-09-11 22:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Shoel C is glitched on Chest count. Maybe opened 5-6 chests and when you ask for a status report from the ??? in Rabao it says 250 after my first run.
Siren.Codegen said: »
... And I noticed that my stats count for chests and coffers stayed at 0 even after I opened several chests and 1 coffer, not sure if it's just me.

Similar here, but appears to just be a display glitch. Chest cost is decreasing as expected (8 izzat after 20 open) even though I have "0" opened.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-11 23:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There has yet to be an Odyssey release that hasn't been riddled with glitches and errors. I really wonder what else is broken that we have no idea about.

"Known issues

-The strength of certain Notorious Monsters and Normal Monsters in Sheol A and Sheol B are stronger than intended.

-The rate of mimics in Sheol A are higher than intended.

-The rate of lustreless boxes from Notorious Monsters is lower than intended.

We apologize for this inconvenience"
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-09-12 03:32:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I just killed the hydra with Diabolos using nothing but night terror. Each one did 14-18k and every second bp on apogee was reduced dmg.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-09-12 06:03:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Radec said: »
endxen said: »
Shoel C is glitched on Chest count. Maybe opened 5-6 chests and when you ask for a status report from the ??? in Rabao it says 250 after my first run.
Siren.Codegen said: »
... And I noticed that my stats count for chests and coffers stayed at 0 even after I opened several chests and 1 coffer, not sure if it's just me.

Similar here, but appears to just be a display glitch. Chest cost is decreasing as expected (8 izzat after 20 open) even though I have "0" opened.
I noticed the count says zero at first, and if I check stats for Sheol B and then check Sheol C stats, it changes from zeroes to eactly the stats of Sheol B, 250 chests and the same coffer number as B. Nostos count is correct and aurum count doesn't show probably because I didn't open any yet in C.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2020-09-12 22:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
I just killed the hydra with Diabolos using nothing but night terror. Each one did 14-18k and every second bp on apogee was reduced dmg.
That's totally normal, magic damage of the same element diminishes if the damage is too close together. You need to wait about 3 seconds between magic BPs for it to clear when using Apogee. Same with Flaming Crush usually. Magic accuracy goes way down too, not that you would notice that with Night Terror. :)
First Page 2 3 ... 54 55 56 ... 237 238 239