First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 238 239 240

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-13 02:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it was briefly mentioned but wanted to share my experience with Sheol C's NM gimmick. SP abilities spike hate greatly of whoever is second on the hate list (and possibly completely reset hate of person at top of hate list).

Every NM fight I did yesterday, AAEV was tanking fine up until the SP, then NM seemed to be locked onto me (I am monk, she actually holds hate very well despite). The moment it's SP wore off, it went right back to AAEV. Today, I decided to try the opposite: give me all the hate initially while AAEV sits there using hate tools. So I popped HF/warcry/smite spam and sure enough, in 3 NMs this run, hate went back to AAEV during the SP moves. However, I pulled hate back on one of the NMs (Asena) before the SP move wore off, so it's actually not a guaranteed hate lock on the 2nd person on hate list. It basically promotes whoever is 2nd on the hate list to 1st (might even reset the current highest player's hate as well). Knowing this, I summoned an extra healer so that during SP (Mighty Strikes, HF), AAEV would not die and I could freely dps while she took the brunt of the nasty abilities I wanted to avoid. It worked perfectly (she died at the end of SP, but by then it was mission accomplished).

This might also explain why some people have experienced "erratic hate" if you weren't using a tank trust and you're doing all the dps/tanking. Once SP move goes off, it targets whoever is next on the hate list (your healer trust) and once that one is killed, the next, etc etc.
[+]
By alamihgo 2020-09-13 15:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dabbat al-Ard (Sovereign Behe UNM) began to level up after his SP wore off ~55%. I counted 2 level-ups before I got gored by Wild Horn at 17%. I couldn't pin down a trigger, so I can only assume soft enrage to complicate a slow and steady approach with a sub-optimal damage type.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-13 16:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

were you on MNK? I didnt experience this. Was a rather easier NM comparatively.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-14 08:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I know it was briefly mentioned but wanted to share my experience with Sheol C's NM gimmick. SP abilities spike hate greatly of whoever is second on the hate list (and possibly completely reset hate of person at top of hate list).

Every NM fight I did yesterday, AAEV was tanking fine up until the SP, then NM seemed to be locked onto me (I am monk, she actually holds hate very well despite). The moment it's SP wore off, it went right back to AAEV. Today, I decided to try the opposite: give me all the hate initially while AAEV sits there using hate tools. So I popped HF/warcry/smite spam and sure enough, in 3 NMs this run, hate went back to AAEV during the SP moves. However, I pulled hate back on one of the NMs (Asena) before the SP move wore off, so it's actually not a guaranteed hate lock on the 2nd person on hate list. It basically promotes whoever is 2nd on the hate list to 1st (might even reset the current highest player's hate as well). Knowing this, I summoned an extra healer so that during SP (Mighty Strikes, HF), AAEV would not die and I could freely dps while she took the brunt of the nasty abilities I wanted to avoid. It worked perfectly (she died at the end of SP, but by then it was mission accomplished).

This might also explain why some people have experienced "erratic hate" if you weren't using a tank trust and you're doing all the dps/tanking. Once SP move goes off, it targets whoever is next on the hate list (your healer trust) and once that one is killed, the next, etc etc.

I was noticing this over the weekend as well and in todays runs confirmed it 100%. Kept 100% hate on Asena until he used Hundred Fist which switched him immediately to ArkEV. Works very well. Will be posting vid shortly of course. Definitely looks like having a backup tank to tank the last half (instead of the first half like on Sheol B) is a solid strat for Sheol C.
By Taint 2020-09-14 09:58:23
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest the NMs in C don't require a tank (trust or real).

They don't hit hard with a Hybrid set on. Bring another buff trust is my advice.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-14 10:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

They don't hit hard with a Hybrid set on. Bring another buff trust is my advice.

It's not a matter of them hitting hard as your right they don't. It's more about controlling the odd hate issues people are experiencing. When the SP ability is used your hate is erased and if there is no tank he immediately starts tearing through your trust. With a backup tank the hate automatically falls to him leaving the rest of your trust alive while you provoke/get hate built back up.

Additionally, it allows you to more easily position the mob so that he doesn't kill your trust when it happens. For instance I've seen when the SP ability gets used the Wyrm immediately spins to the trust and uses breath and wipes them all out in a single attack as they are all in front of him, however leaving arkev off to my side like I normally do has the wyrm face him when the 2 hr is used and he lives through the breath with my trust safely still behind the wyrm. With Cerberus who uses hundred fist it buys you the time to get hate back as otherwise he will usually take out 2-3 trust before you get hate back on him after hundred fist is used. So it's not really a matter of them being dangerous to you, they are quite easy to tank. It's purely for the hate reset when the SP ability is used.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-14 10:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asena fight showing the hate reset strategy Buukki mentions above.

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Taint 2020-09-14 10:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »

It's not a matter of them hitting hard as your right they don't. It's more about controlling the odd hate issues people are experiencing. When the SP ability is used your hate is erased and if there is no tank he immediately starts tearing through your trust. With a backup tank the hate automatically falls to him leaving the rest of your trust alive while you provoke/get hate built back up.

Additionally, it allows you to more easily position the mob so that he doesn't kill your trust when it happens. For instance I've seen when the SP ability gets used the Wyrm immediately spins to the trust and uses breath and wipes them all out in a single attack as they are all in front of him, however leaving arkev off to my side like I normally do has the wyrm face him when the 2 hr is used and he lives through the breath with my trust safely still behind the wyrm. With Cerberus who uses hundred fist it buys you the time to get hate back as otherwise he will usually take out 2-3 trust before you get hate back on him after hundred fist is used. So it's not really a matter of them being dangerous to you, they are quite easy to tank. It's purely for the hate reset when the SP ability is used.

Gotcha I haven't had those issues. They always go for Montebaux and I just voke them back. The wyrm turns pretty often but the breath hasn't killed my trust. (MM10 total) Kill speed is often the best counter to NMs in this game.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-14 10:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, you multibox. Some people are doing these with one character, which limits your options both in terms of kill speed and survivability.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-14 11:54:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the issue is the strength of the NMs, as I feel like the NMs in B were significantly more challenging because of their gimmick combined with some of their SP abilities made certain fights an absolute wreck (Kuk Shadow Dragon + Body slam + Mighty Strikes for example). It's just about countering it's mechanics and working smarter, which is why I suggested using a trust tank. I would sometimes go BST to certain NMs in Sheol B, not because I couldn't kill it with another job, but because handling the gimmick was easier by using the pet trick. I feel like using the gimmick to your advantage in Sheol C is again, a viable strategy for people who don't have full blown buffs to just power through the mechanics. Obviously this strategy would not apply to that crowd since they can kill np and aren't relying on trusts or fight mechanics. AAEV is good enough to hold hate on her own and help out with cures in the fight, and she is more than capable of surviving the 1hrs (or taking most of the damage so you can focus on full dps instead of hybrid sets).
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-09-14 13:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What is looking to be the easiest NM for a MNK to solo?
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-14 13:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

On Asura, Bastok and Windurst are tied for 2nd place. This means that no nation is in 3rd. How do we buy living keys off NPCs now?? Only NPCs in nations in 3rd place sell the keys. I tried the Windy NPC and it wasn't selling.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-14 13:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »

From the sound they're all "incredibly easy" as long as said mnk has appropriate gearsets aka malignance and aoe healing trust.

Asura.Botosi said: »
On Asura, Bastok and Windurst are tied for 2nd place. This means that no nation is in 3rd. How do we buy living keys off NPCs now?? Only NPCs in 3rd place sell the keys. I tried the Windy NPC and it wasn't selling.

***outta luck bruhv. Get to crafting.

Make a new mule, get their full inventory upgraded, and buy 1000 stacks, for weeks where this happens.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-09-14 13:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

From the sound they're all "incredibly easy" as long as said mnk has appropriate gearsets aka malignance and aoe healing trust.

Asura.Botosi said: »
On Asura, Bastok and Windurst are tied for 2nd place. This means that no nation is in 3rd. How do we buy living keys off NPCs now?? Only NPCs in 3rd place sell the keys. I tried the Windy NPC and it wasn't selling.

***outta luck bruhv. Get to crafting.

Make a new mule, get their full inventory upgraded, and buy 1000 stacks, for weeks where this happens.

Womp womp womp
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-14 13:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Chaos Steward, The Dvergr is incredibly easy. Just hit Victory Smite about 5-6 times and he's done. Zero threat and by far the easiest.

Cerberus + King Behemoth aren't too bad, you can cheese them by popping Inner Strength (or a good counter set), which will completely nullify it's Hundred Fists.

Wyrm is relatively tame. His Horrid Roar is one buff dispel instead of full removal, so he's easy enough to just control. Can let tank have him and MNK can easily handle MS.

Khimaira - this one, though not hard, is just about being annoying. It's all about killing him before he goes TP spam happy, since Dreadstorm/Fulmination will stun everyone and leave them to get picked off one by one.

Hydra is going to be the most annoying thing to solo, I wouldn't recommend it on MNK. Formless Strikes does not bypass Polar Bulwark, which it will spam back to back (like 5 times). And then it will use Invincible somewhere in between then, and it has a Blunt resistance (like -50% damage taken). Likely to time out on this one, super hard pass.

Havent tried Adamantoise.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2020-09-14 13:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you
By alamihgo 2020-09-14 14:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

were you on MNK? I didnt experience this. Was a rather easier NM comparatively.
THF with Twash/Cento. For reference, this was floor 1 pop with AAEV, Yoran, Monb, Koru, Joac and MM26. Extremely tedious fight doing about half the damage than what I was seeing on adamantoise NM. Full-time malignance for ACC and evading stun effect from Thunderbolt.

AAEV died right before I stole Hundred Fists. The moment his (my) HF wore off, NM got first level up. Second level up ~2 mins later. Obviously, damage output dropped significantly once tank died and it was unbuffed Rudra spam to the bitter end. Interestingly, I popped Curator on floor 2 the fight took roughly the same amount of time but without any level-ups.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-14 15:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be related to the piercing resistance? I'll pay attention next time to see if it levels up.
By Taint 2020-09-14 15:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are ranking up MM should you rotate NMs or just spam an easy one? The wording on BGwiki makes it sounds like it doesn't matter but people in this thread seem to think killing each NM X amount of times causes the rank ups.

Any definitive answer?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-09-14 16:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Back there buried but not confirmed but solid evidence.

One MM from killing every nm 1x then aanother from
Killing 6(?) different nms 6 times each (something like that)

Codegen tracked his MM pretty well

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Siren/Codegen/#forum
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-09-14 16:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are ranking up MM should you rotate NMs or just spam an easy one? The wording on BGwiki makes it sounds like it doesn't matter but people in this thread seem to think killing each NM X amount of times causes the rank ups.

Any definitive answer?
Each area has different rules and I don't think enough time has passed for people to test C rules, but my advice is to rotate and try to stop at low repeats, for example in A there are several rank ups at exactly 6 repeats for each NM. On B I got several mastery ups at repeats of 3. You can test this in B to see it's not just points but specific conditions, for example you can do all NMs exactly 2 times, and get more or less no mastery ups. Then in one run do 3 more NMs bringing the repeats to 3 at 3x, you'll get a mastery up that run. Next run do 3 other NMs that were at 2 repeats, bringing you to 6NMs at 3x repeats, you'll get another moogle mastery in that run, back to back, after weeks of no moogle mastery. Also you can't repeat NMs in the same run anyways.

I solo it on monk with 5 trusts and always try to get 3-4 NMs killed per run on floors 1-4 (can be just 3 if I need to clear a lot of mobs that could aggro like ghosts with a conflux right in the middle, or conflux in the halo area, etc.

Also I suggest you try to save a slightly harder NM for floor 1-2 and simpler repeats for floors 3-4 etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-14 16:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellent explanation Codegen.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-15 00:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Havent tried Adamantoise.

Cakewalk, nothing special. Was even able to hold it while disposing of two slimes that aggroed on pop. I kited during Invincible just because I didn't want to take damage.

alamihgo said: »
The moment his (my) HF wore off, NM got first level up. Second level up ~2 mins later.

Adamantoise leveled up around 18%. Not sure what caused it, only thing I could think of is that it is related to time kept alive. Since I was attending to adds beforehand, he was up for around 5 minutes when he leveled. How long was your NM alive before first level up?
By alamihgo 2020-09-15 21:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Popped cerb NM today on floor 1 at 26:50 and defeated at 6:39. Didn't see any levels in that time. Even if I had failed to notice them, the NM didn't get noticeably more powerful during the duration of the fight (which makes for a pretty lousy soft enrage).

After first 5 mins passed, I predicted the mob only level-ups after SP. SP fired at 55% around 9 minutes in. Larceny'd just like with behe NM, but nothing interesting happened after stealing buff or after buff duration elapsed.

The entire encounter with behemoth was around 10 minutes. I can't recall the exact time at which he gained the first level, only that it happened after SP in the vicinity of 50% HP. I've done 3 adamantoise so far, all about 5mins each, and I've never seen it level up.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-15 22:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Next question: what floor were you on when you saw behemoth level up? Turtle was on floor 2 for me, only leveled once
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-16 11:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just adding what I can to the level up discussion. For the first time I had one of mine level up. Watching video back I popped at 14:13 Remaining. He used it at 8:33 Remaining and at 3% HP immediately following the use of a Nerve Gas (had used it many times before without issue). He died about 3 seconds after he used it so can't say much more, this was on Floor 1 Agon pop.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-09-16 12:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a ~8 minute Adamantoise fight, and I didn't notice him level up at all.
By Taint 2020-09-16 12:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I had a ~8 minute Adamantoise fight, and I didn't notice him level up at all.

Same with me. That mob takes forever...Never saw a level up.

This was floor 1
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2020-09-16 12:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point of spawning NMs in Sheol?
First Page 2 3 ... 55 56 57 ... 238 239 240