users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 4 ... 237 238 239
By fonewear 2020-03-04 15:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
fonewear said: »
I really want to fight trash cans that yell ***at me !

So basically this forum?

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
[li]Fi follet Cape +1 - ??? its on my list for some reason[/li]

Is it BIS Enhancing Magic Skill? /unsure

Probably something I'm forgetting about.

Yea I want to fight ffxiah users over who is more right on the internet.

Then only can we make ffxi great again.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-04 15:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I think everyone is missing the real star of the UCNM+1 augment show:

[+]
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-04 18:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Depending on what they do with this Armor..

It can potentially beat Top TP Set Armor Kasuga +1 Body if they enhance STP / Zanshin (This may only be a temporary dominance until Empy +3 Reforged Update..):

and/or Kendatsuba +1 Body (Although Less Likely to beat this as TA trait is incredibly potent on this body):

and/or can compete with Wakido Domaru +3 (Also Less Likely to beat this as DT trait is incredibly potent on this body):

Tatena Haramaki +1 is right on the edge of beating Kasuga Domaru +1.. An armor that is long overdue for being upgraded in SAM's arsenal for BIS Low Acc. Zanhasso TP Overflow Set..

Just depends what they choose to enhance on Augment Slot..

Lots of speculation. I think about 10-20% of our gear will be overthrown with these new augments.. (Just my guess)..
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 18:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't even a point to speculate.

They could turn every single piece of unity gear BiS on a whim. They could drop 50 STR on Seething Bomblet just because.

The event sounds like ***though, so good luck with that. They even used "trash mobs" red flag. Better learn to love it regardless cause you'll be doing it for years.
[+]
By Aerix 2020-03-04 19:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Isn't even a point to speculate.

They could turn every single piece of unity gear BiS on a whim. They could drop 50 STR on Seething Bomblet just because.

The event sounds like ***though, so good luck with that. They even used "trash mobs" red flag. Better learn to love it regardless cause you'll be doing it for years.

How are "trash mobs" a red flag? Only having to fight NMs doesn't make an event automatically better.

The wording is probably just a poor translation of the phrase the Japanese use to refer to "small fry" and because it's common lingo.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 19:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly a joke. Red flags are still red though.

Fetters, and trash, and exploration, and luck, and possibly pop items/conditions and more gimmicks. All bright red flags.

You obviously can't judge the content till it drops, but yeah, it doesn't sound promising.
By Aerix 2020-03-04 20:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

None of that sounds like a red flag to me. In fact, it sounds like content that can't just be mindlessly grinded and/or botted, which is great.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-04 21:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mostly a joke. Red flags are still red though.

Fetters, and trash, and exploration, and luck, and possibly pop items/conditions and more gimmicks. All bright red flags.

You obviously can't judge the content till it drops, but yeah, it doesn't sound promising.

Eiryl.. I am surprised you only ranked this content as "***" .. We all have read worse from you.. This means this content will be pretty descent if I were to translate your Diarrhea based ranking system, I had to ask some people from Nasomi to translate what you mean, they speak Diarrhea too..

We all have to read the diarrhea that comes from you in a special way in order to understand it.. lol

I am confident that what you said about Dyna-D and every content that ever came out was worse than "***" .. so I assume this will be better and keep us occupied until the next thing that SE releases..

Until then.. Keep downgrading your thoughts about SE's content and we will keep enjoying and thriving off everything that you hate while you stomp your feet on the ground....
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-04 21:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

It ain't out yet. I'll have detailed how ***it is when it drops, don't worry <3

Right now, it sounds like a solid third for worst content ever. But gotta wait for dem details.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-04 21:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It ain't out yet. I'll have detailed how ***it is when it drops, don't worry <3

Sounds good.. Give us a full detailed report about this ***..
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-04 22:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

First is Pankration, right?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-03-04 23:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

What I wonder is if it will be like woe, like abyssea, or more like incursion/vagary room3 (instanced and laggy areas)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-04 23:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I kind of got the impression it was going to be like NNI. Trash mobs, rare NMs occasionally, gimmicky objectives and as lot of open space zones to explore. Sounds almost exactly like it, just swap lamps with fetters.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-03-05 07:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerix said: »
In fact, it sounds like content that can't just be mindlessly grinded and/or botted, which is great.
I wouldn't question the resolve of the engineering community that play this game.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-03-05 07:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh how people are already setting themselves up for complete disappointment.

Here I'll save you guys the trouble. First take the worst content you think SE could make, then try to imagine something even more horrible, and then accept that is what your going to get.
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-05 08:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

one thing i do know about this game, is that despite it not having a huge development team, its developers certainly love this game. i have faith that while they might *** up on a contents implementation, they do want to make it enjoyable for us.

TL/DR: Expect disapointment, but also expect improvements with time.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-05 08:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Here I'll save you guys the trouble. First take the worst content you think SE could make, then try to imagine something even more horrible, and then accept that is what your going to get.

Trade 10,000 Odyssey stones to augment for plus one stats.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-05 10:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The wording is probably just a poor translation of the phrase the Japanese use to refer to "small fry" and because it's common lingo.
That's quite literally what the JP side has. I would actually defend that translation though, as in gaming terms "small fry" is used in the same way we ENG ppl use "trash mobs".

Basically we can expect there to be a bunch of small mobs like there are in Omen.

EDIT: This is my 1k post. lol
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-03-05 11:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »

Trade 10,000 Odyssey stones to augment for plus one stats.

Lol no no no.

First you need to trade in 100k merits to Oboro to unlock Odyessy next you must have completed 45 RMEA weapons to rank 15 to be able to start augmenting. For each augment rank you need to kill a certain NM as well as trading in 10k odyssey stones.

Edit: stones are also EX.
[+]
By fonewear 2020-03-05 11:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 15 Unity Armor with augment makes it 0.1% better.
By Aerix 2020-03-05 12:00:20
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
That's quite literally what the JP side has. I would actually defend that translation though, as in gaming terms "small fry" is used in the same way we ENG ppl use "trash mobs".

Basically we can expect there to be a bunch of small mobs like there are in Omen.

EDIT: This is my 1k post. lol

Be that as it may, using "trash mobs" in an official annoucement isn't really professional. Not that I really care, personally.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-05 12:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

i mean, its what we call them. why not use our language?
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-05 12:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's going to be Mireu in Walk of Echoes. Kill the trash mobs to reduce it's Spike Flail damage by 1% each kill then you need to proc Mireu by hitting it from behind with a 30k+ WS on Lightsday with Full moon. Or you can proc it by doing a 6-step skillchain on it's right paw with a 15k MB on Darksday new moon while facing East.

Killing Mireu grants 10 points. 40 point cap per day; random augments on Unity gear cost 150 points each to Oseem.

This is what I expect.
[+]
 Fairy.Trig
Server: Fairy
user: Trig
By Fairy.Trig 2020-03-05 12:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I look forward to seeing the new non-ilvl bst gear.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-05 12:48:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Be that as it may, using "trash mobs" in an official annoucement isn't really professional.

Hence; Red Flag
By Monko 2020-03-05 12:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I want all the glowing fetters to be not only -99% magical/physical damage taken by which colour they are, but also -99% piercing/blunt/slashing depending on the time of day you enter. That way when the lines are 38 minutes to enter, you'll have NO idea at what point in time what kind of damage you're going to need. This is my only hope.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-05 14:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm at a point with SE where any content that provides newer gear and potential even sidegrade growth prolongs my time spent with my awesome Linkshell.. We make any dumb content really fun..

Quality of content isn't a concern for me as I know that they don't have as much resource to build something perfect or remotely close to some people's expectations..

I'm only hoping the gear trumps some of the current gear we have.. Potentially replace some gear that hasn't been replaced in a long time...

Therefore, true don't increase your expectations for the quality of content, rather look forward to the potential gear upgrade potency..

As long as I'm not camping Fafnir or Bubbly Bernie like in Nasomi, I'll be happy..
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-05 14:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
I don't care how bad the quality of the meth is as long as I can still get my fix

That is exactly what they want to hear.
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-05 14:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care how bad the quality of the meth is as long as I can still get my fix

Exactly.. Exactly why you are as well.. posting and playing this game alongside me. Lol
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2020-03-05 14:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That is exactly what they want to hear.

SE wins.. You mad bro?.. If you are still mad go try duping more meth to try to destroy the economy again... You lost.. You gotta dupe harder..
First Page 2 3 4 ... 237 238 239