Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-13 14:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Went in as Pup/Whm. Killed 3 Fetters, champion NM on floor 7 after fetter, and a few other random mobs using automaton only.

Literally no drops + exit only gave me 5k gil.

I wonder if you need to take an action on the fetters or something yourself before you can get drops or credit for killing them.

No, you need to kill Fetter AND beastman mobs around it to get credit for personal box at the end and 10 Izzat. I assume you killed only Fetters.

Hmm. That makes pup solo with my gear out of the question unless i remake my pup augments.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-14 00:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

THF can pick the locks/chests in odyssey, in case no one mentioned, or knows about it yet. However some times mimic will pop out. Unsure how hard they are, as it opens with deathtrap, and his mule has sparks gear (and it got one shot). Credit goes to mischief

"Either gave a 'however it has no effect' message and consumed the tool, opened the chest, or a mimic popped out"
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-03-14 00:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

As group you are suppose to kill Fetter at floor 1,3,5 and 7 and run to otherworldy vortex at the end. You should get 4 PERSONAL box from otherworldy that way and I think one more personal box from killing beastman kings at floor 7 (they are around Fetter there).

So thats 5 personal chests

This is what we do but it's 4 chests, 5 if u are completing Roe for first time.
By Haziko 2020-03-14 08:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
As group you are suppose to kill Fetter at floor 1,3,5 and 7 and run to otherworldy vortex at the end. You should get 4 PERSONAL box from otherworldy that way and I think one more personal box from killing beastman kings at floor 7 (they are around Fetter there).

So thats 5 personal chests

This is what we do but it's 4 chests, 5 if u are completing Roe for first time.
What is your strat for killing fetters without killing all the trash mobs? We have been lowmaning it, and that is usually the biggest time killer.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-03-14 10:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Haziko said: »
What is your strat for killing fetters without killing all the trash mobs? We have been lowmaning it, and that is usually the biggest time killer.

Sleep them
By TheBombDotCom 2020-03-14 11:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

As far as getting these telepoints, mentioned on BGwiki's Odyssey page that you're supposed to be able to travel between to get to further levels of Odyssey, does anyone have any info on the requirements to gain access to these? Do you have to kill all of the fetters to go up a floor? Also, has anyone tried going in with a group of six and then disbanding and everyone using their own trusts to expediate the process of both killing enemies on every floor, taking care of all the fetters on a floor and then popping the nm's so that you might progress to these tele-points if those happened to be the requirements? I know some players might have found that they can farm higher amounts of the Lustreless Scales solo rather than teaming up but if you go in with 6 and then make you're own parties with trusts.. and there are multiple telepoints with up to say 15 sets of mobs and fetters then the possibility of having a high return still might be worth it.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-14 11:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Floors can be traveled up to freely, and the confluxs are static. The eschan like ones, I assume these are for going down, are not static.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-14 11:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
I'll be updating the main page and most recent page with he latest updates..
Would be nice if OP kept his word so people would stop asking the same question every page regarding progressing floors.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-14 11:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
I'll be updating the main page and most recent page with he latest updates..
Would be nice if OP kept his word so people would stop asking the same question every page regarding progressing floors.

Update BG Wiki instead. It looks fairly solid, but linking or embedding (if allowed) a video showing where the confluxs are to climb up would be the next thing to do on that page. I know one was posted from a JP player in this topic somewhere.

To quote from page 4...

Shiva.Thorny said: »
If you wanted to accumulate data on the event in a format that's helpful to others, you should have been contributing to bg-wiki.

More likely you just wanted to associate yourself with the thread in advance so you can pretend you're cutting edge or whatever. They are correct that it didn't need to exist yet.

There are no set formulas or guidelines in these forums about when to make thread for these kinds of situations like new events and content so... I'm going to go ahead and let people get mad with their OCD about when people make threads.. etc..That's their issue and that's their opinion..

Usually data from this or other sources get transfered to bg-wiki.. This is here mainly as another source.. You don't have to post here.. Make your own thread if you feel your soul has been violated..

I'll continue to update as my LS gets new data once the update hits..

Honestly, it makes better sense to do one of two options here; A) Throw everything we have accumulated at BG Wiki. B) Start a brand new topic with someone responsible enough to maintain for the next month this will be hot and sort information accordingly.
By SimonSes 2020-03-14 11:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Loynis said: »
Floors can be traveled up to freely, and the confluxs are static. The eschan like ones, I assume these are for going down, are not static.

They are static and afaik let you also go up to floor 3 and 5 when you unlock them on those floors.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-14 11:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's odd, I don't have the video now, but when I watched it, and did my run side by side, they had an eschan portal on floor 3, right near the warp in spot, and I did not.

How do you go down floors, as I feel I read that was possible somewhere.
By SimonSes 2020-03-14 11:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's odd, I don't have the video now, but when I watched it, and did my run side by side, they had an eschan portal on floor 3, right near the warp in spot, and I did not.

You sure you are not talking about vortex? It for popimg nms. Eschan like portal on floor 3 is behind first group of mobs you see when you warp to 3 with conflux. Its in alcove that is free from mobs. Its always in same position there. You can use it to go to floor 1 anr I think also to 5. That 5 im not sure about because I just unlcoked 3 today on few chars.
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-14 12:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, that must have been what I saw. Thanks for clearing that up.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-14 16:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Aegypius NM:

Bird
Popped using 5 Abyssdiver feathers
Uses Broadside Barrage and Damnation Dive
Uses Perfect Dodge at low HP and gains an Encumbrance aura that stays for the rest of the fight
By Viciouss 2020-03-14 16:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Sleep them

Do you just run to the flux afterwards and let the person that has hate just die?
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-03-14 18:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Beware of the Treant NM Ptelea and its dangerous Leafstorm AoE. Leafstorm is hybrid wind based. It can crit, miss, be absorbed by shadows and Elemental Sforzo. One For All, Gelus Valiance and Baraero substantially reduce damage.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 19:37:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a quick map of Odyssey to make ease to hit the fluxes.

Etheral Junctions, Fetters and camps change apparently random.

EDIT: all maps have North heading the upper border.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 19:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

If you check the flux youre starting (flux 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12) you have the option to get back to previous floor.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-03-14 19:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I traded 1 warblade beak hide and it popped an NM just like him. Dead in about 7 or 8 leaden salutes. NMs popped with UNM items, are they always the family of the item traded?
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 19:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing i noticed maybe means nothing but i saw some pixels floating out of nowhere that seemed like a mobs name. Maybe a glitch? Or the others maps? Or a random mob?

[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-14 20:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure people regularly killing fetters/beastmen already knew this, but AoEs that would have hit the untargettable/invisible beastmen will still generate enmity on them, so people should watch for that if they're sleepgaing or horde lullabying fodder.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-14 20:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So, call me crazy, I wasn't around for Omen's releases, but I would imagine once things are all said and done, they will allow a few of the KIs to stack over time. Speculation, but it's possible no?
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 20:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Omen they allowed to store tags. Dyna div never had its entry system changed since start. If they will make so you can accumulate odyssey tags, its unsure.

Odyssey kinda feels like delve. Adds, mid NMs, limited time. Maybe in the future they will add a mega boss which will require you to kill some amount of NM to unlock it.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-03-14 20:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Omen they allowed to store tags. Dyna div never had its entry system changed since start. If they will make so you can accumulate odyssey tags, its unsure.

Odyssey kinda feels like delve. Adds, mid NMs, limited time. Maybe in the future they will add a mega boss which will require you to kill some amount of NM to unlock it.

I sure hope so, it's kind of silly to require 30 mins every day and another hourish for DI. One and a half hours every day on two events is lame. Specifically for burnout factor. IDK about you, but forcing people to do the same exact stuff every day gonna burn people out quick. Especially if they keep adding more stuff with that frame of mind.

Variety is the spice of life. Events that allow you to do blocks of them for a couple hours a couple times a week > daily nonsense.

But I am sure we will hear from the "so don't do it then" crowd now. My bad.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-03-14 20:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think its better get used to it because this seems to be the content devs will put more resources this year.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-03-14 22:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
So, call me crazy, I wasn't around for Omen's releases, but I would imagine once things are all said and done, they will allow a few of the KIs to stack over time. Speculation, but it's possible no?

Doubt it, you can get 100+ scales per run easy, so 10 runs and you maxed out a piece of armor. Why allow more than 1 per day?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-14 23:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people don't want to be forced to do it daily. It's more convenient to do multiple at once instead.

But spoiler, daily is how they keep you logging in daily, so. yeah. And daily is how they artificially stop a queue from being 100+

But also there is absolutely zero purpose in doing it at all, so there's that too. Definitely not enticing enough for a forced daily. The carrot is too small and dry.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-03-15 00:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
I sure hope so, it's kind of silly to require 30 mins every day and another hourish for DI.

People who have been doing DI consistently since the re-launch probably already have most (if not all) of the R/E gear that they care about. So really, DI at this point for people who viewed it as a "daily" is rapidly transitioning toward being little more than a rather inefficient way of gil/ash farming and is bound to die off anyway before that long.

And man, this is everything with FFXI. They'll probably add the ability to hold more Moglophone KIs over time (just like they did with stuff like Omen or Abyssea).

Besides, even now you can go twice back-to-back. Just grab a KI and use it the next day (followed by another run). If you want, cycle current content? If you want to spend roughly an hour a day, do 2x Odyssey on Mon/Wed/Fri, do DI on other nights if you still care to keep that in regular rotation, do other stuff instead (or in addition to Odyssey/DI) if you feel like it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-15 01:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bayonette said: »
I traded 1 warblade beak hide and it popped an NM just like him. Dead in about 7 or 8 leaden salutes. NMs popped with UNM items, are they always the family of the item traded?

This is what I've noticed. Also, I'm not sure if the floor your on determines how many items you need to pop an NM at an ethereal junction. Or if the number of pops goes up by every successive NM you kill. Popped an NM on the first floor with 3 mats, then used another 3 for a different NM on floor 3 and it told me I didn't have enough pops. Tried with 4 and still got the same message.
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-03-15 01:35:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »

Sleep them

Not sure this will work if you are aiming for the personal loot at the end. You can kill the fetters, but my understanding is that you also need to kill the beastmen around it in order to get the chest upon touching the Otherworldly Conflux.

Also, can you still climb the next floor with enmity? I had a PUP mule take some true sight mobs (not near Beastmen or fetters; I believe they were those pink blob things you encounter in Caedarva Mire) so the rest of my mules and I could climb, and I got the msg, "You are too busy to do that" (paraphrased) at the conflux. It wouldn't let me climb until I killed those mobs. So, wouldn't sleep also prevent you from climbing?

Thanks in advance.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 237 238 239