Weeew said: »
My second run experience soloing on COR with trusts:
  • Leaden Salute all the things

• Tact/Sam with august, ygnas, monb, star sybill, koru

• Killed everything on floor 1 and 4 groups on floor 2

• 30 izzat but could only find 2 chests to open

• both chests only dropped 1 box each so was a little unlucky

• TH4

Ended up with 135 scales. Could have been alot higher if I found a third chest and if the chests dropped more than 1 box each.

(I also got a message saying 'moogle magic II' when I killed a regular enemy. Must be to do with the total amount of things killed.)

Tonight ill be going in with my COR GEO duo. How do you do the fetters? Kill the surrounding mobs then attack the fetter while trusts keep you alive with invisible beastmen smacking you? Then the beastmen?

Pull/kill regular mobs with ranged attack. Run in to fetter with max 1 or 2 shadows aggro. Kill fetter > kill the rest.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-12 14:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just look out what you aggro. Aggroing BLM mob that stand close to middle will probably result in mass link eventually. Regular mobs dont link at all, but transparent mobs (before and after killing fetter) do.
 Asura.Vanixim
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-03-12 16:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Had a question. Killed fetter, group around it, two trash mob groups, popped a UNM (Brachys? Crab NM), and started running out of time. Climbed to the very top, but there was no flux or exit point? Was I supposed to touch the flux at the very start to leave, or do you have to clear the last group of trash mobs for the flux to appear?

Still haven't finished the Sheol RoE, lol.

Thanks in advance.
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-12 16:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Boy, that first flux sure is well hidden. Lol.
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-03-12 16:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »

lol, is that the one to leave, or does it take you to another area?

Thanks in advance.
By tyalangan 2020-03-12 16:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Each flux takes you to a higher floor. There are 7 floors with the 7th floors flux being the exit and the RoE objective.
[+]
 Asura.Vanixim
By Asura.Vanixim 2020-03-12 16:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you sir!
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-12 17:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just popped an NM solo on DRK because everyone I'd heard talking about it said the NMs weren't too hard.

...got a slime named Gloios that immediately oneshotted 4 of my trusts, had the standard -50% physical damage taken, and used Mighty Strikes and put up a defense down aura at 50% and started doing 1000 per hit in 50% PDT. After I died (with it at 20%), I reraised far away from where it popped, but it came halfway across the zone to murder me again anyway.

Ugh.

In case it matters, the monsters it popped around were Leeches.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-12 17:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, if any mob can pop that is in the 119-122 range, you would have to expect that Garbage Gel variant could pop. It's possibly the only strong one. Fluid spread is ***.

1/16 chance that you get owned
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-12 17:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vanixim said: »
Odin.Llewelyn said: »

lol, is that the one to leave, or does it take you to another area?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah multiple people, me included, didn't notice the path to it, see
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/54555/the-odyssey-strategy-and-discussion/11/#3494821
for more details, but you have to keep hugging left wall to find the first one and it looks like the black crystal you entered from in rabao, but on a path that's kind of behind some trees
[+]
By Faibel 2020-03-12 21:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this was mentioned, but did anyone ever encounter invisible Orc mobs that you could not target, but they aggro and you have no choice but to die? XD
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-12 21:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots of people; you should read the topic.
By Gorion 2020-03-12 21:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Invisible mobs are true sight and sound I think so best to bring Reraise items if going for ROE , Sheol A
By Faibel 2020-03-12 23:25:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Great thanks! Must have missed that in the thread when skimming thru the last 11 pages.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-13 01:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if it was mentioned, but looks like you can't pop the same NM twice from UNM mats in the same run. Popped once on first floor, and later on the 4th floor it gave a message saying we couldn't pop the same NM again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2020-03-13 07:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
For what it's worth, if any mob can pop that is in the 119-122 range, you would have to expect that Garbage Gel variant could pop. It's possibly the only strong one. Fluid spread is ***.

1/16 chance that you get owned

I popped him yesterday and I did indeed die as SAM/BRD/WHM. Twice he caught my SAM and WHM in not DT sets and got one shotted.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-13 08:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sharing Shamgi's notes posted in the BST forum for relevant details:
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 08:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
so it was easy to pull them one by one, as they don't link either.

Im almost sure this is false. Beastman mobs link (with themselves, not with fetter). Maybe he was lucky because Orcs link by sight and they were looking in different direction.
By Hammrtime 2020-03-13 09:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They do link, my experience has been all sight linking though (fought orcs and yags so far). Do not link with the Fetter though, found this out by trying to range attack the fetter down, only to realize the fetter is immune to auto-range attacks.
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 09:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hammrtime said: »
They do link, my experience has been all sight linking though (fought orcs and yags so far).

Well its kinda expected. Orc, Yagudo and Goblins are all sight aggro/link. Quadavs are sound aggro/link and it's how they are in Odyssey too.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-03-13 09:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Hammrtime said: »
They do link, my experience has been all sight linking though (fought orcs and yags so far). Do not link with the Fetter though, found this out by trying to range attack the fetter down, only to realize the fetter is immune to auto-range attacks.

They arent immune to ranged attacks you just need to be stood in the fetter to do damage.
By Hammrtime 2020-03-13 09:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
They arent immune to ranged attacks you just need to be stood in the fetter to do damage.

So not immune to ranged attacks, but immune to any attacks from a range. XD
[+]
 Odin.Uhlquiorra
user: Sakuhra
By Odin.Uhlquiorra 2020-03-13 11:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone please upload some gameplay of a full run? I can't find any good videos on Youtube, only some short 3-4 min videos with no voice.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-03-13 12:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

There's really nothing to show, honestly. Just take 30 minutes of your own time and try it out, you'll see it's really nothing impressive besides exploration and objectives.

The zone is broken into floors with groups of monsters at each section (think regular WOE), some chests scatter around, a few fetters, and invisible monsters. There's objectives you can complete to get more Izzat (points) to get more scales (either through chests or popping NMs through Rifts), but even solo you can acquire points just killing fodder. There's something for groups or solo with trusts, but it's currently an ordinary event. A lot of running around and simple tasks. But every group can choose to do different things (some may just kill fodder for 30 minutes, others may ignore fodder and only go for rifts/fetters, others may ignore that and go to the top). Getting a video of the content won't show you anything besides fighting or running around, depending on what the player chose to prioritize that run.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-13 12:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this content more geared to 1-2 players?

I went with a full group yesterday. We spent the first floor clearing the fetter, popped the NM after killed it. Then we went to 2nd floor and couldnt find a fetter. Then we went to 3rd floor and killed a fetter and another NM.

By that time we only had like 7mins left and spent it killing trash mobs for any extra scales.

Only walked away with 4 boxes and like 30 scales for a total of 93 scales.

93 scales / 6 people = crap

What were we doing wrong here? I hear of THFs going solo just killing trash mobs getting way more scales.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-13 12:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just luck. No different than original dynamis. Sometimes you get a 100 piece(s) sometimes you don't. No boxes, no scales.

As with all farming things it's more efficient to solo, if the kill speed is high, like 119 content. 6 solos have 6x more chances for boxes.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-13 13:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
As with all farming things it's more efficient to solo, if the kill speed is high, like 119 content. 6 solos have 6x more chances for boxes.

Luck's definitely a factor; and yeah I think solo probably is best.

I think a lot of it has to do with people finding each other, people needing to sneak/invis themselves, and having to stagger the flux (so it doesn't glitch out). Was a lot of wasted time there.

Was just curious if other groups were experiencing it as well.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-13 13:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in as Pup/Whm. Killed 3 Fetters, champion NM on floor 7 after fetter, and a few other random mobs using automaton only.

Literally no drops + exit only gave me 5k gil.

I wonder if you need to take an action on the fetters or something yourself before you can get drops or credit for killing them.
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 13:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As group you are suppose to kill Fetter at floor 1,3,5 and 7 and run to otherworldy vortex at the end. You should get 4 PERSONAL box from otherworldy that way and I think one more personal box from killing beastman kings at floor 7 (they are around Fetter there).

So thats 5 personal chests
At least 40 Izzat to open chests
Probably at least 40 single scales from killing trash around fetters if you take at least TH4 with you.

Small boxes are on avg around 13 scales?
So probably around 70-80 scales at least per person, maybe more if you have time to farm more.

Very good geared solo player on specific job like COR, can get more with luck, but it might be other bonuses from killing fetters and NMs that we might dont know about.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-13 13:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Went in as Pup/Whm. Killed 3 Fetters, champion NM on floor 7 after fetter, and a few other random mobs using automaton only.

Literally no drops + exit only gave me 5k gil.

I wonder if you need to take an action on the fetters or something yourself before you can get drops or credit for killing them.

No, you need to kill Fetter AND beastman mobs around it to get credit for personal box at the end and 10 Izzat. I assume you killed only Fetters.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 237 238 239