New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 237 238 239
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-09 13:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Nikkije said: »
Would that belt replace Fotia for Resolution?
Unlikely, Resolution has fTP transferring, so you're trading constant +~0.1 fTP per hit for a slightly higher chance at additional hits.
I don't think the extra +~16.5 base damage would exceed the extra +~0.1x damage.
Would need to fully math it out, but I can't see it happening off the top of my head.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-09 13:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not only a matter of fTP transfer, but also fTP value. At 1000TP Fotia adds way more (almost 12% assuming Fotia neck already) to Resolution than at 3000TP (a little over 4%).

So the answer is yes and no probably. It will replace Fotia at 3000TP, but not 1000TP.
[+]
 Asura.Cherished
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cherished 2020-03-09 23:20:40
Link | Quote | Reply

looks like you enter through Rabao
And you have 30 min to kill a bunch of trash mobs. Probably a boss at the end too.
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-10 01:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

About to enter Odyssey for the first time.

I'll report back. Setup is PUP, COR, BLU x2, SMN, RDM

Ok, it's looking like they made this content specifically to prevent BLUs from cleaving through this content.

Only main target took full damage. Surrounding targets took 90% reduced damage (main targeet 15k, all others 500 or less)

All mobs can be fully enfeebled (Sleep, Silence, Slow, Para) but standard rules apply for mob types (we saw Skeletons, couldn't Blind them)

I can very easily see a RUN or PLD tank running in and aggroing the group of mobs, with a BRD sleeping them all. 2 DDs kill one by one with proper support. SMN Bloodpacts were doing full damage on single mobs (same rules for BLU applied for SMN when we tried Thunderspark for lulz)

At the end, we found a group of mobs (bats) with a Fetter and a group of untargetable Yagudo. We cleared the bats, then killed the Fetter. Once the Fetter is killed, the Yagudo become targetable. For killing all of the Yagudo, you get 10 Izzat.

In total, we farmed 20 Izzat. We'll try using them tomorrow on boxes, maybe even spawn an NM. After we killed the fetter, a conflux spawned that gave us the opportunity to spawn a monster for 10 Izzat. We were low on time, so we just chose to exit.
[+]
By Ruaumoko 2020-03-10 02:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Gelatinous Ring +1 gets VIT+15 HP+100
PDT-7% VIT+15 HP+135 total, that's actually really good.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2020-03-10 02:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Augury Cuisses +1

+60 attack
+30 mab
+10 to all stats.

Good for few of those jobs magic weaponskills. +46 mab and +43 int.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-10 02:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Scales are sellable on AH as well as tradeable and Bazaarable
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-10 02:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Ok, it's looking like they made this content specifically to prevent BLUs from cleaving through this content.

Only main target took full damage. Surrounding targets took 90% reduced damage (main targeet 15k, all others 500 or less)

All mobs can be fully enfeebled (Sleep, Silence, Slow, Para) but standard rules apply for mob types (we saw Skeletons, couldn't Blind them)

I can very easily see a RUN or PLD tank running in and aggroing the group of mobs, with a BRD sleeping them all. 2 DDs kill one by one with proper support. SMN Bloodpacts were doing full damage on single mobs (same rules for BLU applied for SMN when we tried Thunderspark for lulz)

At the end, we found a group of mobs (bats) with a Fetter and a group of untargetable Yagudo. We cleared the bats, then killed the Fetter. Once the Fetter is killed, the Yagudo become targetable. For killing all of the Yagudo, you get 10 Izzat.

In total, we farmed 20 Izzat. We'll try using them tomorrow on boxes, maybe even spawn an NM. After we killed the fetter, a conflux spawned that gave us the opportunity to spawn a monster for 10 Izzat. We were low on time, so we just chose to exit.

Izzat is shared amongst all party members and will be lost once your current Odyssey has ended.

According to SE on the announcement page. Rip.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-03-10 02:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in RUN, BLU, WHM, RDM, BRD, GEO.
AoEs suck, main target took full damage around 10-15k, everything else took 800-1200 damage. Was still able to petrify and sleep trash mobs. Looks like u get 1 Izzat for half a type of mob killed, and a second one for kill all mobs of that type. Like raptors, or treants, or bugard. going through logs, looks like every 5 mobs.

Ran to a fetter to try the beastmen. had run aggro them all away from fetter and killed the fetter first. beastmen were immune (resist) sleep, dream flower, and entomb. Fetter behaves like dyna wave3, AoE farts. beastmen did not use any 2hs.

Popped a NM crab Brachys from an Ethereal Junction. Costed 10 Izzat.
PLD/MNK seems like. It countered and around 40% used Invincible that made it immune to physical and magical damage. Didnt hit too hard. 1k crits. Big Scissor hit run for 1.5k damage while in DD gear. Dropped 3 singles and a box. Box gave 18 singles.

I did not try any chests
 Bismarck.Xurion
Server: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2020-03-10 02:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Went in with trusts. Was able to 1 shot most things with leaden.

Yield: 31 scales and 3 scale boxes (from the chest).

Edit: Chests gave 11, 13 and 16.
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-03-10 02:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Moogle also keeps track of how many mobs u kill, which nms u kill, and i guess how many boxes you open for some raisen

Post deleted by User.
By cuddlyhamster 2020-03-10 02:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Regular Unity NPC that does the regular upgrades and stuffs.
Have to complete new ROE before you can upgrade gear. Costs scales and 30k Accolades
I did not see where the Sheol was when i went into Odyssey. Is it all the way at the end or something?
[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-10 02:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »

Izzat is shared amongst all party members and will be lost once your current Odyssey has ended.

According to SE on the announcement page. Rip.

FML.....oh well.
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2020-03-10 03:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I either encountered a bug or idk what happened.

Used conflux #3 to floor up. Some characters were able to teleport up, but others would go through the animation... but stayed literally where they were. Some of the characters at conflux #4 (after taking #3) couldn't teleport back to conflux #3. Same thing: animation would play, but they were not moved at all.

Was on what I assumed to be the last floor (conflux #4) and found Translocator #2, but upon interacting would just not do anything.

Timed out before I can ever find the "otherworldly vortex" described in the ROE.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2020-03-10 09:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Random info:
-Killing trash gave izzat and lustreless scales
-Using 10 izzat to pop chest gave 2 scales and a box
-Killing fetter made untargetable yagudo killable, giving 10 izzat killing them all
-Popping NM with 10 izzat from ethereal junction spawned a red morbol that did blood weapon and dropped 2 boxes of scales
-Not sure what items you need to trade to junction to spawn monsters
-Was unable to use the thing at the start after killing fetter/yagudos/morbol, may have to kill all trash? I looked around and missed a pack, timed out before I could kill them all
-Moogle keeps track of trash killed, physis, and chests, and the power of your alter egos while in odyssey (Moogle Mastery)
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-10 09:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

From rank 1 to Rank 2 its 50 (or 55 RP) and one scale is worth 5 RP.

Rank 2 to Rank 3 is 80RP Augment went up from Def +2 to Def +4 on Unmoving Collar +1

Rank 3 to Rank 4 is 120RP Def +6

Rank 4 to Rank 5 is 170RP Def +8

Dont have more scales for now to go further.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-10 09:33:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Rank 2 to Rank 3 is 80RP Augment went up from Def +2 to Def +4 on Unmoving Collar +1

Exact same numbers as every other RP system(it's likely they are coded the same internally). So, 1192 scales to get to R15. At 75ish a solo run that's ridiculously bad, but we'll probably figure out more in the coming days.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-10 09:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

so wait, the only point of odyssey is to get scales, that you can just buy off the AH???

Wat?

then whats the damn point of the content lmao?
By SimonSes 2020-03-10 09:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Exact same numbers as every other RP system(it's likely they are coded the same internally). So, 1192 scales to get to R15. At 75ish a solo run that's ridiculously bad, but we'll probably figure out more in the coming days.

I was able to solo farm 20 scales from 30 mobs on floor 7 (not sure if they have better drop, higher lvl there), but I lost 10 min to actually get to floor 7 and touch the end, before I went farming. I havent been using TH too and mobs were dropping 0-2 scales, so TH might be a big factor here. I think you can for sure get at least 30 scales from mobs and open at least one chest. Svens said chest gives box, but havent said how many scales is in that box. Its maybe chance for large box on higher floors too?
By SimonSes 2020-03-10 09:47:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
so wait, the only point of odyssey is to get scales, that you can just buy off the AH???

Wat?

I will only guess but:
1. How is that different from su5 and neck?
2. None knows if wearing upgraded item inside odyssey doesnt work the same as in dynamis
3. They said they will add content to Odyssey including unique gear drops
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-10 09:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
Went in with trusts. Was able to 1 shot most things with leaden.

Yield: 31 scales and 3 scale boxes (from the chest).

Edit: Chests gave 11, 13 and 16.
is what i was going off, but yea the large box is unknown

worst case though, around 15 solo runs to cap a piece
By Meeble 2020-03-10 09:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They may add +1/+2 scales later in the year if/when they add the remainder of UNM gear, possibly via higher CL Odyssey scenarios.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-10 09:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

large box

Large box gave me 45 scales, but idk where it drops, beside getting it one time from finishing RoE.
 Asura.Bayonette
Server: Asura
By Asura.Bayonette 2020-03-10 10:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Gelatinous Ring +1 gets VIT+15 HP+100
PDT-7% VIT+15 HP+135 total, that's actually really good.

/smiles in Upheaval
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-03-10 10:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

Wat?

I will only guess but:
1. How is that different from su5 and neck?
2. None knows if wearing upgraded item inside odyssey doesnt work the same as in dynamis
3. They said they will add content to Odyssey including unique gear drops

1. Dynamis drops other things than just crystals.
2. they didnt include it in their upgrade methods, so safe bet is you cant.
3. i didnt see them say that, if they did, why isnt it in there now? makes no sense.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-03-10 10:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I only watched the japanese video the other day without subtitles, so I wasn't' careful on the translation, but I think he was saying that it is supposed to be more profitable by farming nm's.

they also emphasized the importance of getting the clear first.
By Felgarr 2020-03-10 11:24:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what is needed to clear the RoE for Sheol A? We were able to kill everything in a traditional DD setup with RUN/DRK/COR/GEO/WHM + Ygnas Trust ...but we didn't know:

1.) What to trade to Ethereal Junction to get something to spawn
2.) Some chests wanted an item traded to it to be opened (Scale/Scale Box did not work, Unity Armor did not work....maybe it's unity items, like Mender Logs or Sovereign Hides? I have no idea).
3.) There was a targetable thing that we traded 10 Izzat to spawn an NM cactuar called Cyanara. Killed it ~3-5 WSes as DRK+RUN.

We timed out without being sure what else to do. When you go back to the conflux in Rabao, talk to the ??? (Moogle) and he gives you a "Status Report":

First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 237 238 239