The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 237 238 239
By devasbismarck 2020-04-01 15:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

devasbismarck said: »
Mastery went to III upon killing 2nd NM (izzat popped)

395 mobs
6 chests
3 unique NM (1 izzat popped, 2 item popped

Mastery IV upon killing 5th NM

416 mobs
6 chests 0 coffers
5 unique NM (2 izzat popped, 3 item popped)

Mastery V upon killing 9th NM

472 mobs
6 chests 0 coffers
9 unique NM (2 izzat popped, 7 item popped)

Mastery VI upon killing 12th NM

549 mobs
7 chests 0 coffers
12 unique NM (2 izzat popped, 10 item popped)

Mastery VII upon opening 11th chest

627 mobs
11 chests 0 coffers
15 unique NM (2 izzat popped, 13 item popped)

I expect to get another mastery on the 16 unique kill but thats on hold for the time being.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-04-01 23:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
Weeew said: »
Weeew said: »
Moogle Mastery V
8 NMs (4 unique nm's)
1040 Nostos
20 chests
2 coffers

Moogle Mastery VI
9 NMs (5 unique nm's)
1140 Nostos
23 chests
2 coffers

Moogle Mastery VII
12 NMs (8 unique nm's)
1303 Nostos
33 chests
4 coffers

Moogle Mastery VIII
16 NMs (12 unique nm's)
1413 Nostos
38 chests
5 coffers
I got lvl 7 with these stats:
Moogle Mastery VII
31 NMs (all unique nm's)
651 Nostos
4 chests

I soloed one as THF instead of monk for a change and got MM VIII (8) eactly as I opened a chest with a key and got loot from it so chests also give points toward mastery for sure, even when not opened with izzats. I had these stats:
Moogle Mastery VIII
36 NMs (all unique nm's)
751 Nostos
16 chests
2 coffers

Also the cactuar N is easy to solo on monk, his 4k needles only do 700 mg on me which is nothing compared to my HP, you can see trust setup and damage below

Much more dangerous are his counters and hundredfists so keep your HP high:

Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2020-04-02 01:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Altana bless us! What the hell did you do to your icons?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-04-02 01:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

XIview
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-04-02 02:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Altana bless us! What the hell did you do to your icons?
I used xi-view to change the icons, trying it out, so far I kind of like it because it does things like color rolls and bard effects differently so you instantly know which rolls/songs you have on without having to select them to see the description.
The messages in the chat are also changed with battle mod which has some advantages (more compact) but a few drawbacks (it was easier to see when my per-punch damage was capped before when it wasn't added together. I'm good either way but so far I don't mind these changes
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-04-02 02:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

where can i find the abyssdiver equivlent of odyessy? i think am doing things wrong am killing 2 elementals and opening 2 chests before time runs out

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By ashcrow 2020-04-02 03:06:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lioncourt said: »
Trade abyssdiver wings to a vortex.
any vortex? also how do you check the auguments in game?
By SimonSes 2020-04-02 04:03:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Also the cactuar N is easy to solo on monk, his 4k needles only do 700 mg on me which is nothing compared to my HP, you can see trust setup and damage belowMuch more dangerous are his counters and hundredfists so keep your HP high:

I did this NM on THF with brd, cor buffs and I was never countered I think (probably because of high evasion), or maybe I was but Im waring full Malignance and havent even noticed.

Almost every NM I fought so far died from 3 step darkness SC on THF (sam/chaos roll, minuet V, Honormarch, Dia III from KoH). Fly is the weakest I found and it's at ~20% even before 3rd WS (its squishy and has bonus to piercing).
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-04-02 04:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also the cactuar N is easy to solo on monk, his 4k needles only do 700 mg on me which is nothing compared to my HP, you can see trust setup and damage belowMuch more dangerous are his counters and hundredfists so keep your HP high:

I did this NM on THF with brd, cor buffs and I was never countered I think (probably because of high evasion), or maybe I was but Im waring full Malignance and havent even noticed.

Almost every NM I fought so far died from 3 step darkness SC on THF (sam/chaos roll, minuet V, Honormarch, Dia III from KoH). Fly is the weakest I found and it's at ~20% even before 3rd WS (its squishy and has bonus to piercing).
counter damage is based on your single hit damage so it's easier to not notice it on thief compared to monk (see the 1380 from a single countered punch) or jobs with high melee hit damage. Even without a lot of evasion it's not a high counter rate like orcish counterstance but if you are soloing with 5 trusts as in the original question from a page or two back and you get a counter right after a big tp move it can get dangerous, and without honor march and buffs from 2 real players it will have more time to do hundredfists and tp moves.
By SimonSes 2020-04-02 04:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

counter damage is based on your single hit damage so it's easier to not notice it on thief compared to monk (see the 1380 from a single countered punch) or jobs with high melee hit damage. Even without a lot of evasion it's not a high counter rate like orcish counterstance but if you are soloing with 5 trusts as in the original question from a page or two back and you get a counter right after a big tp move it can get dangerous, and without honor march and buffs from 2 real players it will have more time to do hundredfists and tp moves.

Its the first time I hear that theory. AFAIK your damage has NOTHING to do with counter damage from mob. Its based on damage of mob or player who counters you. I counter for the same damage on monk regardless of what is hitting me (unless ofc it has blunt resistence/weakness or I dont cap attack or fSTR is slightly different). Unless it works differently on NMs and players, but I highly doubt it.

Also THF doing Odyssey solo will probably fight 2 NM at most. So first NM you can Perfect Dodge and 2nd NM you can Larceny. That pretty much makes all physical boosting SP (Might Strikes, Hundred Fists, Blood Weapon) they can use irrelevant when you Perfect Dodge and in case of Larceny, you just smile when you see SP being used and you can steal it :P
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-04-02 05:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the first time I hear that theory. AFAIK your damage has NOTHING to do with counter damage from mob. Its based on damage of mob or player who counters you. I counter for the same damage on monk regardless of what is hitting me (unless ofc it has blunt resistence/weakness or I dont cap attack or fSTR is slightly different). Unless it works differently on NMs and players, but I highly doubt it.

Also THF doing Odyssey solo will probably fight 2 NM at most. So first NM you can Perfect Dodge and 2nd NM you can Larceny. That pretty much makes all physical boosting SP (Might Strikes, Hundred Fists, Blood Weapon) they can use irrelevant when you Perfect Dodge and in case of Larceny, you just smile when you see SP being used and you can steal it :P
oops I actually got confused in this post with dread spikes where that is true (minus dark resist reduction), still normally it didn't hit me for anything close to 1380 on normal attacks so that NM might have some effects on counter like the one on jolt counters or the counter critical damage from reforged armor because I was in full DT-50 malignance etc when that counter hit
By ashcrow 2020-04-02 07:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

do you just full time maligance to avoid getting killed?
By Taint 2020-04-02 09:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Malignance > Odyssey

Seriously never going DRK again. Pick a Malignance job and mow down the zone....

What job do most people use for farming? Tried MNK and BLU so far and BLU was smoother. May do COR next? Leaden all the things.
By geigei 2020-04-02 09:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
May do COR next? Leaden all the things.
You'll find many mobs resisting leaden sadly.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-02 10:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Not... that many. Just need to be able to identify them so you don't waste time. Plenty of trash mobs don't resist Leaden at all.
By Weeew 2020-04-02 10:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

IMO COR is by far the fastest solo farmer.

Even the mobs that resist leaden still die in 2 WS, and as a cor with sam and tacts you will always WS before they reach you and with malignance you evade most of their autoattacks before you let out your second hit.

You can also skip mobs like the bombs, skeletons, and ghosts.
By SimonSes 2020-04-02 10:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have bis Leaden, COR is the job that will probably let you kill the most stuff solo. During Triple Shot its basically shot > leaden and mob is dead. You can probably kill group of 10 nostos during one triple shot and they wont even come near you, they die on the way.

That being said, if you just want to farm scales, nothing beats THF. Just Metal Gear Fantasy through all floors opening chests and killing only aggro. If you get Mimic, put trust on it, aggro something else and die 20 yalms away from Mimic. Reraise and continue with chests. Can get up to 400+ scales per run.
[+]
By ashcrow 2020-04-02 11:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

12 big boxes 8 normal boxes some jp solo i dont understand it at all?? is he just opening chests with key?
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-02 11:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
12 big boxes 8 normal boxes some jp solo i dont understand it at all?? is he just opening chests with key?
1 big box, 20 normal boxes and 49 scales. After opening them all, he got 404 scales (assuming he didn't have any left over from the last run)
Skeleton keying, when a mimic appears, he sics his trust on it and runs away to die (deagroing the mimic)

It's been explained a few times in this thread already.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-04-02 11:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, he was just going around the zone lockpicking. I've done it too. It's quite profitable to solo on thief with skeleton keys. Heh.
By SimonSes 2020-04-02 11:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Akaden said: »

It has been explained by me in post directly above that video. Seriously guys...

EDIT: You also dont need skeletons keys. Living keys are more than enough and stack cost 60k from npc instead of 300k+ from ah. Using Living keys you usually get like 2-3 Mimics if you open every chest (21 chests total). Skeleton keys maybe lower that by 1 Mimic, which is definitely not worth the higher price. I would only use skeletons keys for Coffers and Aurum Strongboxes.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-02 12:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Living keys are more than enough and stack cost 60k from npc instead of 300k+ from ah.

I may have to start using these. Farming up sheep teeth and bat fangs just to prepare for a day's run was too tedious for me so I went back to COR farming.
Though, at 3500 + homepoint fees and farming time, technically, skeleton keys are cheaper if you can craft them.

If we're going on technicalities. But yeah, that farming time could be spent on so many better things.
By geigei 2020-04-02 12:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

1 big box, 20 normal boxes and 49 scales.
Max outcome possible is 399 on that, he probably had 100+ in inv.
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-02 12:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

1 big box, 20 normal boxes and 49 scales.
Max outcome possible is 399 on that, he probably had 100+ in inv.

My small boxes average ~15 each. I haven't gotten enough larges to get an average really, but based on what people seem to claim, the max is 50. So with a high roll on the large and some good rolls on the small boxes, I could see that number being possible. Likely had a couple scales left over though.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-04-02 12:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

That's when you switch to R15 Arma and one-shot w/ Wildfire! :)
By geigei 2020-04-02 13:00:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't max on small box 15 tho?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-04-02 13:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ashcrow said: »
1 big box, 20 normal boxes and 49 scales. After opening them all, he got 404 scales (assuming he didn't have any left over from the last run)
Skeleton keying, when a mimic appears, he sics his trust on it and runs away to die (deagroing the mimic)

He had a lucky run, probably had five or six mediocre runs that he recorded and threw away.

I save up my KI's and do a double run every other day, started writing down my results on Monday.
Code
Monday
  Run #1
  S.Box	15
  Single	45
  Total:	275
Run #2
  S.Box	17
  Single	50
  Total:	321

Wednesday
Run #1
  S.Box	13
  Single	35
  Total:	221
Run #2
  S.Box	11
  Single	37
  Total:	230

All four runs involved opening every single chest on all seven floors, sometimes I get mimics, sometimes the chest upgrades to a coffer, and sometimes right as I'm opening a monster turns around, removes sneak and I get four mobs swinging at me at once. Lots of dieing -> reraising going on. It's very very random, Monday run#2 was epic, only two mimics and several of the chests upgraded to coffers. Wednesday's runs were terrible, got all the chests but way too many mimics and chests giving me three singles. Monday run #1 was a typical run for me and something that most people can expect to average around.

I can make my own keys but honestly it's not worth the time to farm materials. With just spamming cheap living keys we can upgrade one item every four or five days.
[+]
 Asura.Akaden
By Asura.Akaden 2020-04-02 13:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
[Awesome data]

Yeah, avgs of your small boxes: 15, 15, 14, 17
Fits in line with my memory.

Did they end up fixing the dumb BS that locks you in place when a mimic spawns? Some people were talking about it a few pages back.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28 ... 237 238 239