Not a damn thing (yet)

But you better cap that ***out before the next update to Odyssey
By SimonSes 2020-03-21 04:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Not a damn thing (yet)

But you better cap that ***out before the next update to Odyssey

Source? Do you even do Odyssey?

Moogle Mastery does exactly what it says it does. It boosts power of your Trusts. Details are unknown tho, but I can tell you that even with Moogle Mastery II damage increase on Tenzen WSs is easily visible for someone familiar with his normal damage output.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-21 04:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Boosted ***is still ***. It doesn't matter how many iBoosts melee trust get they're trash.

When it starts applying to songs and rolls it'll matter
By SimonSes 2020-03-21 04:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Boosted ***is still ***

You obviously have no idea what are you talking about. If they are getting meva and will be able to reliably resist stun from Mimic, then it's a huge buff. Currently I have seen Tenzen doing up to 10k WSs with almost double skillchain damage while I was soloing on BRD.

This might not have an impact for 6ppl groups, but even for 3-4 boxers + trusts and obviously for solo players, that might be a huge thing.
[+]
By Weeew 2020-03-21 05:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
I've got 756 nostos, 12 chests, 1 coffer, and 8 NM kills (7 different types), and MMV.

Nostos: 836, NM's: 4, 1, 1, Chests: 16, Coffers: 1, MM V.
By devasbismarck 2020-03-21 08:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Mastery went to III upon killing 2nd NM (izzat popped)

395 mobs
6 chests
3 unique NM (1 izzat popped, 2 item popped

Also i dont know if ppl have noticed but you cannot use items on a junction that pops after an agon + fetter camp, it seems to be 10 izzat only. You must use one of the already existing junctions to use items.

Has anyone tested being able to pop a lvl 75-99 or 125 unity NM?
By Weeew 2020-03-21 10:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Moogle Mastery V lowers the cost of opening chests to 9 izzat... Didn't check if it does the same with spawning NM's.
[+]
By Waykenbake 2020-03-21 12:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hit Moogle Mastery III and noticed the next chest I opened only cost 9 izzat as well.
By Weeew 2020-03-21 12:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Waykenbake said: »
I just hit Moogle Mastery III and noticed the next chest I opened only cost 9 izzat as well.

Weird... was there an update? Or maybe it was triggered by the amount of chests opened in total?
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-21 14:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Weeew said: »
Waykenbake said: »

Weird... was there an update? Or maybe it was triggered by the amount of chests opened in total?

Well i have a mule that has only opened 20+ chests and nothing more, so I will check in next run.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2020-03-21 14:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Wotasu said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Where was it I saw that mobs in Odyssea can be Charmed by a BST?
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/45830/killer-instinct-the-beastmaster-compendium/99/#3494561

Thanks. Didn't think to look there.
 Fenrir.Dracosam
Server: Fenrir
user: dracosam
By Fenrir.Dracosam 2020-03-21 23:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

wich tool you better use to spawn mimic ?
living key or something else ?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
Server: Ragnarok
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2020-03-21 23:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I use thief's tool, since you can buy them from NPC. If that fails, living keys are pretty easy to make/HQ.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-22 06:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it desirable to pop the mimics or would it be better if you succeeded in picking the locks? I hadn't been keeping up on this thread for a few weeks so I've picked through the info on the last dozen pages or so but there's a lot to read. I'm not sure where living keys fall in the heirarchy but the best key to lockpick with is skeleton key, and the standard is thief's tool which can be bough from NPC vendors.

If you want to pick locks on thief with a higher rate of failures - Use thief's tools

If you want to lockpick with a higher rate of success -- Use skeleton keys

Popping mimics is associated with failures. Every time you fail to pick a lock there's a chance to spawn a mimic. The chance isn't 100%, but obviously if you succeed in picking the locks you won't spawn a mimic so skeleton keys will have an inherently lower rate of mimic spawns than any other key just because they succeed in picking the locks the most. Do we actually want mimics to pop though? I'd still like clarification on the original point.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-22 09:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Is it desirable to pop the mimics or would it be better if you succeeded in picking the locks?
I have a friend who is getting ~240 scales a run from just targeting mimics, so the Large Boxes seems to be the way to go should you want/need scales.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-03-22 10:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

How do mimics reward you with more scales than if you were to open the box directly? I must have missed that part somewhere.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-22 11:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You get a Large Lustreless Scale Box when you examine the final VC as part of your personal reward for every mimic killed.
(You get one regular Box for every NM killed too. Oops. A lapse in memory, I meant the Agon Halo + beastmen. I link the two cause usually pop a NM immediate after.)

You also get a fairly high amount of gil too. Haven't completely deduced the gil value per mob, but roughly every Nostos should get you ~5k or so gil. NMs more than that. Not sure on Mimics. Still more science to do.
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

FaeQueenCory said: »
(You get one regular Box for every NM killed too.)

First time hearing this. Are you not mistake this with killing Halo+Beastmans?
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 12:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
Is it desirable to pop the mimics or would it be better if you succeeded in picking the locks?
I have a friend who is getting ~240 scales a run from just targeting mimics, so the Large Boxes seems to be the way to go should you want/need scales.

~240 scales per run ON AVERAGE is kinda ***. Unless you sum total from few chars. Getting 2 mimics in a run is already successful. Getting 3 is lucky and would already take most of your run. ~120 per char is something I can believe in across several lucky and unlucky runs. It's also much harder for boxing, than proper group, because moving around and rebuffing is pain in the *** while boxing and takes a lot of time.

Ofc I assume you are talking about legit runs. If you are stupid enough to use flee hacks and pos warping to end, then maybe getting closer to 200 is possible.
By Pantafernando 2020-03-22 12:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Wasnt it what Papesse posted a few pages ago? killing mimics reward boxes (ive been not doing this at all, just commenting what i read)
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 12:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »

Wasnt it what Papesse posted a few pages ago? killing mimics reward boxes (ive been not doing this at all, just commenting what i read)

I mean I specifically quoted out mimics and left NMs in :D I know that Mimic kills gets you large box at the end (I just finished a run focusing on Mimics lol). It's the box per NM part that is questionable. Unless he meant small box you get from NM directly, not a personal box at the end, but how he wrote it in that context, suggest that he is talking about personal box.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-03-22 12:28:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Moogle Mastery VI (6) at 500 nostos, 15 NM and 3 chest total.

Anybody try the slime NM? Is it as hard to damage with blunt melee as the regular version and how bad is fluid spread on this version?

Also the gobbue Damysus uses blood weapon, beatdown and other regular gobbue moves
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 13:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

0 NMs
0 Nostos
32 chests
2 coffer
Moogle Mastery I
7 Izzat to open the chest

I would guess -1 every 10 chests?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-03-22 14:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh. I wonder if doing the Izzat popped NMs (or just NMs in general) will eventually lower their price as well.

Are your coffers discounted as well?
 Asura.Epigram
user: jlisic
By Asura.Epigram 2020-03-22 15:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

How are you fighting mimics? They seem to take forever to kill; unlikely to be able to do effectively solo as a thief within a reasonable time frame.
By Waykenbake 2020-03-22 15:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

0 NMs
0 Nostos
32 chests
2 coffer
Moogle Mastery I
7 Izzat to open the chest

I would guess -1 every 10 chests?

Nice observation, this could be the case as I started popping chests on my THF with Living Keys instead of farming mobs. I'm at 15 chests but still 9 izzat per attempt. You may be on to something!
By FaeQueenCory 2020-03-22 15:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
I got Moogle Mastery VI (6) at 500 nostos, 15 NM and 3 chest total.
I have only IV with 506 Nostos 6 NM (upgraded on the 6th NM's death, only have 5 distinct NMs having popped one 2x).
So your 15 NM with VI is rather interesting, as it indicates there's 2 levels in there somewhere between 7 and 15. Probably @9&12. But could be somewhere else.

Did you pay attention to the battle message to see the notification when the NM died?

(We can see from above that chests and coffers are irrelevant for MM.)
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 15:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Epigram said: »
How are you fighting mimics? They seem to take forever to kill; unlikely to be able to do effectively solo as a thief within a reasonable time frame.

Mimic kills is not a method for solo THF. Its a method for farming in groups. With full buffs mimic takes like 1-2 to kill. You kill 2-3 of them and run to finish to get 2-3 large boxes as personal loot.
By SimonSes 2020-03-22 15:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Huh. I wonder if doing the Izzat popped NMs (or just NMs in general) will eventually lower their price as well.

Are your coffers discounted as well?

Idk, coffer usually pops at random from chests, so I havent been able to check yet.

EDIT: Ok, I got some coffer on other char with chests being at 8 Izzat and Coffer was still 15. I have 3 coffers now on that char. Maybe you also need 10 coffers to make it cheaper :)
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 237 238 239