New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 237 238 239
By SimonSes 2022-03-16 14:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Cinzia said: »
I get you don't bring a WHM to this and use BLU to heal but why do you even need a tank to tank the add, so you can TP off add instead? Still need first 25% to get it down correctly without a TP move wiping everyone. If you're doing no WHM, might as well bring GEO or RDM to increase DRK's DPS or RDM to add more debuffs and sleep add.

You technically dont need a tank, you can tank on BLU and then get RDM, WHM or SCH instead of tank to cure. You can also take SMN and tank/cure on BLU, but leave TP reset to SMN. RDM can't sleep the add, because add is your TP battery. You could technically also tank/cure/TPreset on BLU and use GEO for Barrier/Fury, but that puts big pressure on BLU, so depends how comfortably BLU feels about it I guess. That being said, you dont really need GEO, you have tons of damage really. BLU, DRK and COR can all TP on add and WS Mboze from 75% to like 0% (with Unleash being used at 25% and Soul Enslavement being used after Unleash). Mboze will drop super fast like this.

From all those setups, I would generally prefer RUN tanking add or replace RUN with SMN and BLU tanking add. Reason for this is simple, BLU will generally do lots of damage and cures, which means you will risk taking hate of DRK on Mboze and if that happens everything kinda breaks, because then add resets hate on BLU and it goes for COR, BRD etc. Ofc this wont happen if RUN is tanking add and it also wont happen with SMN, who can prevent that with few Pacifying Ruby on BLU.

There is also another option that could work, which is using another slashing DD (Probably WAR) to tank add and WS Mboze and then BLU can just heal and TP reset. I don't think thats optimal tho. BLU is one of the strongest DD for this strategy, so its better to support it and free it from curing, tanking or TP resetting, instead of pushing it to back line.

Lastly a strategy where DRK is solo killing by TPing on Mboze is totally worse. It feeds way more TP and way less damage, than 3 DDs TPing on add and WSing on Mboze. It's not even close. not to mention you need to deal with add then.
 Asura.Setho
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Setho
By Asura.Setho 2022-03-16 16:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Valefor.Cinzia said: »
Lastly a strategy where DRK is solo killing by TPing on Mboze is totally worse. It feeds way more TP and way less damage, than 3 DDs TPing on add and WSing on Mboze. It's not even close. not to mention you need to deal with add then.

Well,we did just that and ignored the add, killed it in second try, all other bosses took lots more trys, maybe where just incredibly lucky, go figure
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-16 20:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend ranked up to VI in A, so far we recorded:
* 70th Nostos
* 1st NM
* 5th unique NM (6th overall)
* 9th unique NM (21st overall)
* 10th Chest

I'd bet we missed a Nostos tier.
By SimonSes 2022-03-16 22:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Setho said: »

Well,we did just that and ignored the add, killed it in second try, all other bosses took lots more trys, maybe where just incredibly lucky, go figure

You messed up quotes :)

Worse strategy doesn't mean it can't work. DRK tping on Mboze is harder to execute and requires much more feeling of perfect TP reset and possibly DRK turning around etc. TPing on add is faster and is way easier to execute, because there is way less TP feed.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2022-03-17 09:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
* 70th Nostos
* 1st NM
* 10th Chest

Do you happen to know how many Aurum you have to open to get the first reduction?
I know Aurum caps at 10 izzat per opening, atm I'm at 8 opened aurum coffers and the price is still 20, whereas I have the other two types of coffers respectively at 5 and 8 required Izzat.
By SimonSes 2022-03-17 09:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
* 70th Nostos
* 1st NM
* 10th Chest

Do you happen to know how many Aurum you have to open to get the first reduction?
I know Aurum caps at 10 izzat per opening, atm I'm at 8 opened aurum coffers and the price is still 20, whereas I have the other two types of coffers respectively at 5 and 8 required Izzat.

You will get -2 reduction per 10 Aurum opened afaik. All types caps after 50 opened.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-03-17 10:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeeeew opening 50 Aurum
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-17 11:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Eeeeew opening 50 Aurum

It takes a very long time, but you can bring a THF to speed up the process. Picking your aurums adds up over time, especially since most of the time you open chest and coffer with 13 izzat but don't have enough for an aurum, so it sits on the ground. If you're in a lower zone, killing the mimic may be worth it for the guaranteed L. Lu. Box. Waste of time in Sheol C to kill mimics IMO, because the wings are worth very little.

THF isn't too bad of a job in Segment farming if it is well-geared, and can even pull several groups of monsters to save on travel time from rest of the group. Hide also works on everything except HP aggro and Beastmen, so it's somewhat nifty. If you specifically form Mimic farm parties, you can get 50 Aurums opened within a reasonable amount of runs (maybe about a month). I had 16 from previous MM but it didn't take me long to hit 50 in Sheol A.
By SimonSes 2022-03-17 12:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
If you specifically form Mimic farm parties, you can get 50 Aurums opened within a reasonable amount of runs (maybe about a month).

Its probably much better to just run normal segments parties in C and get someone with max discount to open Aurum. You can usually open 2 per run. I think its 5>8>10 Izzat for 100/150/200 segments, so you lose almost nothing opening coffers and Aurum coffers instead of just chests, if you have someone with full discount. Mimic parties only have sense in A and B.

If you can't find anyone with full discount and you dont mind loosing some segments, you can try to bring THF to normal segments and open chests/coffers with Izzat and Aurum with keys, but just die and get Tractor > Arise if you fail to open Aurum. It's probably less time/segments lost this way, than trying to kill mimic. Just need to have someone with tractor (DRK main, SAM/DRK maybe or just WHM/BLM)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2022-03-17 13:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys have been very kind in sharing approaches and I honestly quite apreciated it, really, but still:

Eeeeew opening 50 Aurum

xD xD
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-17 14:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Its probably much better to just run normal segments parties in C and get someone with max discount to open Aurum.

My comment about Mimic farming parties wasn't in regards to Sheol C normal segment farms, since I mentioned that has such a low gil payout, it's not worth it. Thought that was obvious, should have been clearer. You can bring THF if you want to take a little less segments for box progress, but it wouldn't make sense to form a Mimic party for Sheol C. I was talking about the lower zones, where you would not do it for the segments, but the money and MM (and discounts). Also, I would be surprised if there are many people with max aurum discount in any zones from your normal static, since you're probably all around the same place in box progress from daily seg farming.

Farming for aurum discount/MM with a normal party in Sheol C is fine, it's the way I did it. But it only applies to the Aurums in that zone. If you're after capped Aurum discount even at all, you probably dont care to do it in Sheol C as much as A/B because the wings are not worth much (At least on Asura). Unless you're doing it for completionist's sake. In Sheol A/B, the Mimics are weak enough to kill, and you get rewarded for it at the end, so bringing a THF to pick boxes and killing the Mimic makes sense. You're not after Segments in the lower zones anyways, so taking the extra time is fine.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-03-17 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting on A now with MM IX already in the zone and these stats:
* 2802 Nostos
* 4 Tipuli
* 3 Dione
* 1 Damysus
* 3 Aegypius
* 5 Salmandra
* 4 Ailuros
* 4 Megaera
* 5 Eurytus
* 1 Harpe
* 7 Kusarikku
* 6 Leucippe * Leveled me up to X
* 1 Cynara
* 1 Ptelea
* 4 Physis
* 0 Gloios
* 0 Brachys
* 108 Chests
* 20 Coffers
* 0 Aurums

Ranked up to X in A when I killed Leucippe the 6th time. He was my 2nd NM to 6 kills, but overall I am about 50% done with getting them all to 6 kills.

Friend came along and got 1 level from opening his 10th chest and killing his first NM, so there's two more data points.

Edit: Friend also got one level from killing his 70th Nostos

Following Byrth format, in Sheol A, I have two characters (A/B) with identical stats:
* 10529 Nostos
* 37 Tipuli
* 12 Dione
* 12 Damysus
* 14 Aegypius
* 20 Salmandra
* 16 Ailuros
* 15 Megaera
* 20 Eurytus
* 14 Harpe
* 27 Kusarikku
* 18 Leucippe
* 12 Cynara
* 20 Ptelea
* 17 Physis
* 11 Gloios
* 22 Brachys
* 250 Chests

One note: I think it stops counting Chests at 250, I'm pretty sure I've been capped there a while even despite doing Sheol A every day.

On one char (A) I have:
* 81 Coffers
* 11 Aurums

One the other character (B) I have:
* 144 Coffers
* 23 Aurums

On character A I'm MM14 in Sheol A, on character B I'm MM15.

I'm PRETTY sure MM15 requires Aurum 20 because I think I remember looking at character B and having 17 Aurum and only being MM14, but I didn't document it.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-17 15:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Buffyslyph said: »
I'm PRETTY sure MM15 requires Aurum 20 because I think I remember looking at character B and having 17 Aurum and only being MM14, but I didn't document it.

It's definitely 16 Aurums to get the last MM from boxes, because I had all other objectives done in Sheol A/B/C, and MM14 in each zone, and never got MM15 until I opened my 16th Aurum in every zone. 16 Aurums doesn't necessarily always grant MM15, unless it's the very last objective you need to clear. What probably happened in your case is you hit the last MM tier for Aurums, but was missing some other objective elsewhere (maybe like MM12-14), and then you got MM15 from something else and by the time you noticed your Aurum counts, you had like 20+ and thought it was related.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-18 21:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

As expected, I ranked up in A when I opened my first Aurum.

However, the player with me did not rank up despite it also being his first Aurum Strongbox. He must be well over 50 chests and 30 coffers, but is still rank VI.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-19 19:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Friend ranked up in A today on either his 11th unique NM kill or his 25th total NM kills. He was killing Gloios for the first time.
 Asura.Buffyslyph
By Asura.Buffyslyph 2022-03-19 21:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

*** Gloios btw, that thing sucks.
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-03-19 23:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I would only spawn it on A1. If you're in a party, WHM Divine Seal/Rapture + Accession + Cure 4 in addition to Accession + Blink should be enough to keep it from Mighty Strikes > Fluid Spread'ing your group to death, assuming you have multiple DDs focusing on it.
 Odin.Lusiphur
Server: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Lusiphur 2022-03-20 07:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
I would only spawn it on A1. If you're in a party, WHM Divine Seal/Rapture + Accession + Cure 4 in addition to Accession + Blink should be enough to keep it from Mighty Strikes > Fluid Spread'ing your group to death, assuming you have multiple DDs focusing on it.
Buff, pop, Dia > Light Shot > Tomahawk > SC it down. It's not too scary if you finish it fast.
By SimonSes 2022-03-20 10:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Can just keep is stunned whole fight with Sudden Lunge, like most NMs in Sheol A and B.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2022-03-20 11:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We were MNK + THF, so I just Larceny'd MS.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-20 11:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine how annoying that NM used to be solo with trusts before the odyssey gear creep and very low Moogle mastery rank. I used to have to come ninja and nuke him down like the Unity version of him.
By SimonSes 2022-03-20 12:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Unity version before Odyssey gear was just Sudden Lunge > requiescat > Expiacion > MB Tenebral and it's pretty much dead before it can move. Can Sudden Lunge again if he starts moving. It's amazing how many NMs can be completely locked with Sudden Lunge and how underrated this spell is still.
By Shichishito 2022-03-20 16:32:06
Link | Quote | Reply

he does.
try nin tanks like gesho and AAHM, maybe both. use RDM trust that keeps them hasted, ranged WHM. for extra safety sub /NIN fo shadows or /DRG if you have the ML to whipe hate or if you like it more risky control your DMG output.
give them a few seconds to generate hate and stay outside of fluid spread range. on BLU you could magic AoE approach him but seeing you've got COR and SMN, both good at ranged you shouldn't have too much problems.
iirc he's physical resistant so keep that in mind when selecting your BP or WS.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-03-21 17:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know what the random auras are for AT3 NM's? I know attack down, defense down and macc down. Anyone know the others?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2022-03-21 17:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Attack, defense, magic accuracy, magic attack.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Cinzia
Server: Valefor
user: Mipha
By Valefor.Cinzia 2022-03-21 17:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there evasion down too?
By Guyford 2022-03-21 18:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Atk, Def, Acc, Eva, MAB, MDB, Macc, Meva
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-03-21 18:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Atk, Def, Acc, Eva, MAB, MDB, Macc, Meva

Are you sure about these for A3, or are you referring to other NMs in Odyssey auras (SheolA and A1-2 NMs). I only recall the 4 Geriond mentioned as an aura from when the boss uses his respective SP, but have never seen evasion, magic defense bonus, and Magic Evasion down.
By Guyford 2022-03-21 18:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I am sure.

Edit: the more I think about it I'm sure MDB down is on A3s, but the only times I can specifically recall Meva down is on Mboze, whose melee hits do that too so I may have gotten confused. Still pretty sure I've seen eva/meva down on other t3s tho.
First Page 2 3 ... 177 178 179 ... 237 238 239