users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 237 238 239
By Rive016 2021-06-04 16:00:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Pinning Nocturne, Carnage Elegy
I kinda wanna see a video or a snip-it of elegy landing D:! I am not convinced!
[+]
 Asura.Syto
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-06-04 16:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Rive016 said: »
Asura.Syto said: »
Pinning Nocturne, Carnage Elegy
I kinda wanna see a video or a snip-it of elegy landing D:! I am not convinced!

Probably landed once I may be mistaken on Elegy.. but point is to get as many debuffs on it during Nitro/SV window .. even if you can’t get Carnage Elegy it’s not make or break with the Strat... Wind Threnody II is where the money is at.. at the very minimum..
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-06-04 16:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Can someone post some BLM sets for their Ongo wins, we tried it today and damage was low existent for some reason, we did the COR RNG strat and BRD GEO strat and both we're pretty far off for some reason. Would be interested in what people are using to see if we need to adjust anything, max nuke I think I saw as like 54k a few times nothing like these numbers people are saying they are reaching.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-04 17:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Can someone post some BLM sets for their Ongo wins, we tried it today and damage was low existent for some reason, we did the COR RNG strat and BRD GEO strat and both we're pretty far off for some reason. Would be interested in what people are using to see if we need to adjust anything, max nuke I think I saw as like 54k a few times nothing like these numbers people are saying they are reaching.

You're never gonna see capped damage bursts in there, so put that out of your head from the start. My guess is that in order to raise Vengeance levels, SE boosted the base stats on these guys monstrously, because I did better numbers on BLM using Marin+1 than Laevateinn. Burst set wasn't anything unique, but the damage of T6 bursts capping around 60k was enough to win on V15 as long as you keep it up, and don't have any screwups.

Here's my current burst setup on BLM. Again, I was using Marin Staff+1(augmented) and Enki Strap as opposed to my usual Staff choice of Laevateinn.

sets.Bursting = {
ammo="Pemphredo Tathlum",
head="Ea Hat +1",
body="Ea Houppe. +1",
hands="Amalric Gages +1",
legs="Ea Slops +1",
feet="Arch. Sabots +3",
neck="Src. Stole +2",
waist="Sacro Cord",
left_ear="Malignance Earring",
right_ear="Regal Earring",
left_ring="Mujin Band",
right_ring="Freke Ring",
back={ name="Taranus's Cape", augments={'INT+20','Mag. Acc+20 /Mag. Dmg.+20','INT+10','"Mag.Atk.Bns."+10',}},}
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-04 17:29:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aldolol said: »
Make sure you do stuff like impact and the set cele posted is good I used two nq ea pieces also found it better to use amarlric boots +1 got about 65k-70k nukes. I personally would take the rng out and grab a sch for another nuker. My setup was Cor BLM GEO SCH RUN BRD. Beat V15 with like 6 or 7 mins left I think. Cor and Run can make a double dark SC which you can triple burst in. Also make sure cor is doing earth shot for damage boost before making it to lvl4 darkness.

Stoneja was one of my main spells followed by other stone spells.
Try to land burn but dont get too hung up on it be in for wildcard and random deal so you can Elemental Seal Impact a second time. Geo should be giving Acumen and INT bard should be giving out INT also for closing that gap in dINT. (on cellphone sorry if its just run on sentences)
[+]
By Titorinho 2021-06-04 20:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When reporting those 65-70k bursts, I take it that Gambit and Rayke are both up. Getting a good Gambit Rayke random deal wild card rotation are important.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2021-06-04 20:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

As Justthetip mentioned, Earth Shot may be one of most important deciding factor when beating Ongo. When gambit / rayke are up those earth shots hit for 15k+ with DP, but what makes them spicy are the earth damage boost you give with Empy +1 feet for that subsequent stoneja that lands a few seconds later. A good corsair may deal around 200k damage during the fight using earth shots a lone, so nice.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-06-04 21:00:06
Link | Quote | Reply

But that guy says you dont even use BLM on campaign
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-05 03:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Titorinho said: »
When reporting those 65-70k bursts, I take it that Gambit and Rayke are both up. Getting a good Gambit Rayke random deal wild card rotation are important.
Yes this is right with a good timed earth shot rayke and gambit I think the most I did was closer to 75k but its rare to get over like 70kish most were around 65k. Alot of this depends on how you play blm and nuking when I play blm I try to do stuff like double or triple burst on nuke windows. While 70k looks nice from one spell you can get about the same if done right with 3 timed lower tier stone spells.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-06-05 07:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Don’t forget to move your BLM merits to stone also
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-06-05 13:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Won V10 Mboze. Thanks guys. ^u^
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-06-07 06:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

For Ongo isnt BST a good idea? Fluffy Bredo does -25 MDB and its Killer Instinct Amorph is effective against Birds. According to FFXI wiki and from testing it personally it also boosts magic nuke damage as well.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-07 08:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
For Ongo isnt BST a good idea? Fluffy Bredo does -25 MDB and its Killer Instinct Amorph is effective against Birds. According to FFXI wiki it boosts magic damage as well?
No because the magic damage boost it would give either replaces a nuke job or replaces buff job. INT from bard and geo help out alot not saying it wouldn't work but would make this harder tbh.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-06-07 08:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

It would replace the Ranger slot
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-07 08:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The standard setup doesn't use Ranger, that's for relic bow owners

RUN COR BLM SCH GEO BRD
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-07 08:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It would replace the Ranger slot
So the rng is in for that setup because he is doing a skillchain for darkness from a safe spot away from mob. I personally don't like the rng setup because rng and bst are wasting a spot a nukes can be in. The setup I posted does sch blm geo brd run cor and works out alot better and smoother hell you could even do rdm in it but I'd use that as a last resort as the fast cast would hurt blm trying to land that nice stoneja right after earth shot. Killer is more useful in melee setups than mage setups.
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-06-07 08:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So a +15% to all magic damage and mdb down 25 is not good enough for a spot lol, Poor BST. Thanks for the information.

Another question I have is that the proc/fetter system is triggered by the mob using a tp move. So using tp inhibiting moves lowers the use of proc moves? Would killer effects intimidating also lower its rate of proc tp moves? Im not sure how intimidation works.
By Malaketth 2021-06-07 09:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ongo does so little with it’s moves that matter it’s a moot point but I suppose an intimate would stall a tp move going off perhaps. And if you set on using BST the BST would need to replace either the cor brd or the geo in the non RNG set up so you giving up buffs for different buffs either way and in the case of geo giving up another nuker and in case of COR the earth shot which is just a no thanks. You could replace the brd in hopes that the damage difference makes up for loss of INT which is a possibility.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-07 09:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I do not believe that mobs with AoE normal attacks can be intimidated.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-07 10:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So a +15% to all magic damage and mdb down 25 is not good enough for a spot lol, Poor BST. Thanks for the information.

Another question I have is that the proc/fetter system is triggered by the mob using a tp move. So using tp inhibiting moves lowers the use of proc moves? Would killer effects intimidating also lower its rate of proc tp moves? Im not sure how intimidation works.
I mean im not saying it's not good enough it just can't beat another full on nukes or like mala said you'd be giving up someone kinda major the bard would be the one I'd drop out of all of them.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-07 10:56:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine those BST buffs would be superior to SV BRD Etudes. Bard also adds Ballads, though, so there is that to consider.

Perhaps if you add BST to the SC to make a 3 step (something like Immanence (Gravitation) > Pentapeck or Tegmina (Darkness)), it would practically mimic the RNG setup, with higher nuke potential. Would create a longer window for the BLM/SCH to burst and allow strats to recover slightly quicker between bursts.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-06-07 11:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

BRD SV Threnody is huge, too
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-07 12:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
BRD SV Threnody is huge, too
Yes it was more so if he was really wanting to bst it tbh.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-07 13:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I imagine those BST buffs would be superior to SV BRD Etudes. Bard also adds Ballads, though, so there is that to consider.

Perhaps if you add BST to the SC to make a 3 step (something like Immanence (Gravitation) > Pentapeck or Tegmina (Darkness)), it would practically mimic the RNG setup, with higher nuke potential. Would create a longer window for the BLM/SCH to burst and allow strats to recover slightly quicker between bursts.
So this is the thing you don't want the sch making scs he want them bursting and the cor run can already extend the sc the rng can be taken out. Also I don't think bst could give anything superior to SV etudes. The point of added the sch would be nukes because even then you can take the sch out and put rdm in so it can be changed to allow either one in the group.

Don't think of mage strats like melee strats where you can just throw attack and acc with bunch of stacking defense downs. The stat levels of these mobs are kinda big so you wanna close that gap when dealing with magic fights. It's why people see semi better numbers with marin over mythic staff right now.

Edit: it doesn't help that SE nerfs one of 3 sources in the game that helps nukes which is geo debuffs
[+]
By eeternal 2021-06-07 18:00:42
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the 2nd and 3rd NM people opt to when using amplifier? Gogmagog and Henwen?

it seems this is the best drops to RP and only requires H2H due to having those nms weak to blunt, would be interested to see the best setup for those, seems SMN is really important for Henwen for buffs
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-07 18:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

U Bnai is a joke, can do with mostly any DDs and auxiliary healers
Henwen is fairly simple with a MNK. Same for Gogmagog, but a little more challenging to do in same-run unless you have other blunt users in your team.
Dealan-dhe is mostly non-threatening, but he has annoying flash and such. But doable.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-07 18:11:16
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
What's the 2nd and 3rd NM people opt to when using amplifier? Gogmagog and Henwen?

it seems this is the best drops to RP and only requires H2H due to having those nms weak to blunt, would be interested to see the best setup for those, seems SMN is really important for Henwen for buffs
Interesting note for Henwen. Shield blocks on PLD seem to prevent the hate reset on Barreling Smash. I never lose hate when he uses it. So Ochain+Reprisal and hate is rock solid.

Sadly I can't do much dmg on PLD(Club or not) cause he guards freaking everything from the front, So I've just been focusing on Atonement spam to keep hate stable.

EDIT: Oh and blocking also prevents the Terror effect on Terrifying Snap.
[+]
By eeternal 2021-06-07 18:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, been thinking of doing them in the same run, only issue would be Henwen, due to having most buffers locked out.

Perhaps PLD..BLU(blunt).. DNC(Karambit).. SMN(Buffs + Healing).. BST? not sure what would be the best remaining jobs, DRK + BST?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-07 18:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Monk is going to be your bread and butter for Henwen. PUP a close second if it is well-geared. Blunt Fencer WAR could work, but it would be slower than the previous two options. GEO can join in on the Henwen clubbin', and if you use a PLD tank, you don't need to bring a healer to the fight at all. So GEO+PUP for Henwen, MNK+ (whatever, RDM) for Gogmagog could work.

I am not sure how your runs are set up, and where you use your buffers. But you would probably want at least 1 support job for either of the blunt weak bosses.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 139 140 141 ... 237 238 239