New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 237 238 239
By Mrgrim 2021-06-08 03:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
What's the 2nd and 3rd NM people opt to when using amplifier? Gogmagog and Henwen?

it seems this is the best drops to RP and only requires H2H due to having those nms weak to blunt, would be interested to see the best setup for those, seems SMN is really important for Henwen for buffs

For me atm its Dealan-dhe, for him I use a team of PLD BLU DRK DNC SMN SCH. SCH keeps everyone healed, SMN buffs with hastega along Ecliptic Growl/blessing. These said buffs will help PLD in not losing important buffs such as haste easily as the butterfly tends to dispel often. Every now and then the smn can use carbuncle to shed some hate with pacifying ruby, don't think its necessary though, I'm just too lazy to unlock atonement XD. BLU does mighty guard to cap haste along tenebral crush for def down, and Expiacion/Savage to contribute to DD. DNC contributes with box step and DDs along those sambas, and sometimes backup heal. DRK, well just do drk things.

Sgili is the 3rd one. For him I use RUN RDM RNG BLM ANY ANY. For this to work you need to have Nicander necklace along 2 blenmot rings +1 for your holy water set on RUN with that you'll have almost guaranteed doom removal with just 1 holy water. RUN AM3s 1st then does herculean slash > trueflight for scission skillchain for blm to MB. Using Tellus Gambit/rayke will melt Sgili in no time, dont be surprised in removing more than 50%HP in the 50 secs that gambit and rayke are active together. RDM just buffs everyone with proper hastes/flurries/refreshes. Then they can just deal with giving Sgili AIDs. I just need like 2-3 more Bumbas, and I'll be R20ing all pieces, so I might start tackling Gogmagog instead of butterfly since I'll have MNK available!

I am curious on how are people tackling A2 V15 when using all 3 moglos for amp bonus. Henwen and Matamata seems like using a blunt job will give great results. I can't imagine being able to tackle that chapuli though. I know he's a PITA!
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-08 03:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In my group atm we're using Gogmagogg and Dealan-Dhe.
The first because it's a nice item.
The second because it's so insanely easy.

Would love to see what others use and with which jobs.
Atm we do

Bumba (WAR, DRG, WHM, BRD, COR, GEO)
Dealan-Dhe (PLD, DNC, THF, BLU, DRK, SMN) - PLD and DNC care for the little healing necessary, PLD not very reliable because Dealan-Dhe keeps on dispelling Majesty)
Gogmagogg (RUN, RDM, RNG, SAM, BLM, SCH) - SAM opens SC with Ulrr, RNG closes with Mythic WS. Mages MB, RDM debuffs like hell, RUN does Rayke/Gambit and tanks.

Hope I didn't miss anything.
By Mrgrim 2021-06-08 03:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »

Shield blocks on PLD seem to prevent the hate reset on Barreling Smash. I never lose hate when he uses it. So Ochain+Reprisal and hate is rock solid.

EDIT: Oh and blocking also prevents the Terror effect on Terrifying Snap.

That's some pretty good info there, I might have to work on making an Ochain! What is your your current setup on genetically perfect bacon by the way?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-08 03:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Would Priwen + Reprisal offer comparable if not better results to Ochain, in that regard I wonder?
By Malaketth 2021-06-08 06:50:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
In my group atm we're using Gogmagogg and Dealan-Dhe.
The first because it's a nice item.
The second because it's so insanely easy.

Would love to see what others use and with which jobs.
Atm we do

Bumba (WAR, DRG, WHM, BRD, COR, GEO)
Dealan-Dhe (PLD, DNC, THF, BLU, DRK, SMN) - PLD and DNC care for the little healing necessary, PLD not very reliable because Dealan-Dhe keeps on dispelling Majesty)
Gogmagogg (RUN, RDM, RNG, SAM, BLM, SCH) - SAM opens SC with Ulrr, RNG closes with Mythic WS. Mages MB, RDM debuffs like hell, RUN does Rayke/Gambit and tanks.

Hope I didn't miss anything.

We do the same ones but our job lineup is a bit different.

Bumba: WAR DRG DNC COR BRD WHM. We purposely hold back the geo to save a buffer for faster fights later.

Gogmagog. PLD MNK SAM BLU RDM NIN. BlU is really nice to bring for one of the runs as it’s more buffs and debuffs. The SAM does surprisingly well here and keeps up Ageha and then just Fudo spam with masa. MNK is the primary DD here and the nin is partially used because it’s on karambit and partially because it’s what we have available. If we had a smn in our group I would probably use it here but oh well it’s still dead from entry in 7ish minutes.

Dealan-Dhe RUN SCH GEO BST RNG THF. This one just melts as we have buffs and debuffs from both the GEO and the BST while the RNG and THF can abuse its piercing weakness. Very quick fight.

Some adjustments could be made but we also have to work with jobs we have available which for a few guys in my group is a bit narrow.
[+]
By Vaerix 2021-06-08 12:02:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Mrgrim said: »
eeternal said: »
What's the 2nd and 3rd NM people opt to when using amplifier? Gogmagog and Henwen?

it seems this is the best drops to RP and only requires H2H due to having those nms weak to blunt, would be interested to see the best setup for those, seems SMN is really important for Henwen for buffs

Sgili is the 3rd one. For him I use RUN RDM RNG BLM ANY ANY. For this to work you need to have Nicander necklace along 2 blenmot rings +1 for your holy water set on RUN with that you'll have almost guaranteed doom removal with just 1 holy water. RUN AM3s 1st then does herculean slash > trueflight for scission skillchain for blm to MB. Using Tellus Gambit/rayke will melt Sgili in no time, dont be surprised in removing more than 50%HP in the 50 secs that gambit and rayke are active together. RDM just buffs everyone with proper hastes/flurries/refreshes. Then they can just deal with giving Sgili AIDs. I just need like 2-3 more Bumbas, and I'll be R20ing all pieces, so I might start tackling Gogmagog instead of butterfly since I'll have MNK available!

I am curious on how are people tackling A2 V15 when using all 3 moglos for amp bonus. Henwen and Matamata seems like using a blunt job will give great results. I can't imagine being able to tackle that chapuli though. I know he's a PITA!

Our group is running these bosses currently:

Mboze, Sam / Brd / Cor / Smn / Whm / Geo (Single DD)
Gogmagog, Mnk / Bst / Pup / War / Pld / Blu
Sgili, Blm / Nin / Rdm / Run / Sch / Any (MB Comp)

With keeping a super buffed boss and a Magic Boss in the rotation, the comp translates pretty well for multiple bosses and should translate well for atleast 2 A2 bosses. Using up all SP except for benediction leaves Tabula Rasa for our final boss and he's dead before SCH 2hr ends.

This boss order is actually pretty nice because we're gaining RP on 3 usable items at the same time, Coiste and Epitaph being great items. Once we switch from Mboze I'll post up our 3 boss run for others, we've been very successful so far. Switching from Bumba to Mboze wasn't a very big change for us, Sam swapped from Dnc, War moved to SMN which was in our Gogmagog during the Bumba runs. Having a character to clear Tp during Gogmagog 1hr basically keeps the fight easy. Umbril is actually a very easy fight if you have a good SCH and BLM,

Currently unused jobs: THF, DRG, RNG, DRK, DNC for the "ANY" slot
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-08 15:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Would Priwen + Reprisal offer comparable if not better results to Ochain, in that regard I wonder?
You'd probably have to stack some shield skill/block+ to make sure you stay capped.(I'd have to check the mob levels and blockrates etc to say for sure. I don't recall what level T2 mobs are, but I know they aren't high enough to uncapp Ochain+ Reprisal) Whereas with Ochain I can focus on TP gain, or whatever else, and don't have to worry about maintaining blockrate across casting sets, etc. It's just simpler.

Also, since I had no refresh support at all, and was the main healer, I'd just cancel phalanx whenever my MP started to get low, top off mp from Ochain blocks then recast phalanx.

And while Priwen does reduce more dmg per block, well, if blocked hits are already hitting for 0 dmg with phalanx then what's the point?

A sample of hits taken. The only thing that actually hurts is Barreling smash. And considering how the dmg on that works... I'm surprised it's even blockable honestly. Maybe Priwen could reduce the dmg more, but I'm really more concerned with making sure I block it every time and never get hate reset.
Code
[18:38:02]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:02]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:06]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:06]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:10]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:12]The Henwen uses Barreling Smash.Blocked! Martel takes 0 points of damage.
[18:38:16]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:20]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:24]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:24]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:27]The Henwen uses Barreling Smash.Blocked! Martel takes 135 points of damage.
[18:38:30]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:30]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:37]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:37]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:37]The Henwen uses Terrifying Snap.Blocked! Martel takes 0 points of damage.
[18:38:42]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:42]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:43]The Henwen uses Sweeping Gouge.Blocked! Martel takes 0 points of damage.
[18:38:47]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:50]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:50]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:38:52]The Henwen uses Barreling Smash.Blocked! Martel takes 450 points of damage.
[18:38:58]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:39:01]The Henwen uses Barreling Smash.Blocked! Martel takes 590 points of damage.
[18:39:04]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
[18:39:04]Blocked! The Henwen hits Martel for 0 points of damage.
Oh, and I guess the counters still do dmg too. But you can't block those anymore anyway. Damn it.

Shield blocks on PLD seem to prevent the hate reset on Barreling Smash. I never lose hate when he uses it. So Ochain+Reprisal and hate is rock solid.

EDIT: Oh and blocking also prevents the Terror effect on Terrifying Snap.

That's some pretty good info there, I might have to work on making an Ochain! What is your your current setup on genetically perfect bacon by the way?
I'm not entirely certain what you're asking here.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
Server: Sylph
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2021-06-08 16:01:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This blog https://vanafratello.com/level-accuracy list them as:

Tier 1: 124
Tier 2: 129
Tier 3: 134
Tier 4: 139
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-08 17:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So Henwen would only be lvl 129? That's a fair bit lower than I would have thought.

That's going to be easily capped block rate using Priwen with Reprisal up, with no additional skill/block gear. Feel free to Priwen it up.
By Mrgrim 2021-06-08 18:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I'm curious what's your current 6 job setup for Henwen. I'm thinking of adding him to the list after I get Sgili RPs capped. That sash seems pretty good R20.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-06-08 18:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah I'm curious what's your current 6 job setup for Henwen. I'm thinking of adding him to the list after I get Sgili RPs capped. That sash seems pretty good R20.
PLD,THF,BLU,PUP,DNC,SMN. This is basically just what we scraped together after the other two fights.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-06-08 21:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
This blog https://vanafratello.com/level-accuracy list them as:

Tier 1: 124
Tier 2: 129
Tier 3: 134
Tier 4: 139

This is a pleasant surprise. I was estimating each tier to be about 2~4 levels higher than this.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-09 01:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So Henwen would only be lvl 129? That's a fair bit lower than I would have thought.

That's going to be easily capped block rate using Priwen with Reprisal up, with no additional skill/block gear. Feel free to Priwen it up.
Well I guess people with Ochain shouldn't bother with Priwen, given what you said.
People who don't on the other hand have a nice alternative for this fight I suppose.

Or people who just want to mess with Priwen just because they wanna try something different for once, I guess lol

Thanks Martel!
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2021-06-09 02:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to "charge" the amplifier if we use amplifiers during the "3 in a row" run ?

Ex :
RUN 1 : Sgili (use a moogle amplifier for x3 boost)
Gogmagog (use a moogle amplifier for x3 boost)
Henwen (use a moogle amplifier for x3 boost)

RUN 2 : Bumba (use a moogle amplifier for x9 boost)
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-09 03:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Doryl
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2021-06-09 04:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you^^
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-10 00:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Resolved Issues
The issue with Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol wherein using the ability Asylum while in the staging grounds would cause the ability’s effects to be carried over even after moving to the boss area.
By macsdf1 2021-06-10 00:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue with Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol wherein some of the abilities used by the following notorious monsters were incorrect.

Ngai/Kalunga/Ongo/Mboze/Arebati

wat issues??!
[+]
 Cerberus.Mrkillface
Server: Cerberus
user: bitchtits
By Cerberus.Mrkillface 2021-06-10 01:14:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Doryl said: »
Is it possible to "charge" the amplifier if we use amplifiers during the "3 in a row" run ?

Ex :
RUN 1 : Sgili (use a moogle amplifier for x3 boost)

Better yet:

RUN 1 : Bumba (use a moogle amplifier for x3 boost)

etc. etc.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-10 06:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Resolved Issues
The issue with Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol wherein using the ability Asylum while in the staging grounds would cause the ability’s effects to be carried over even after moving to the boss area.
Yay now the content is saved and hard again lol. Feel like this changed nothing hopefully they fixed the entrust thing also tbh. Sadly they can't fix the bug where I have a debuff on me when I die and homepoint.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-10 06:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

macsdf1 said: »
The issue with Odyssey’s Sheol: Gaol wherein some of the abilities used by the following notorious monsters were incorrect.

Ngai/Kalunga/Ongo/Mboze/Arebati

wat issues??!
I'd loved to know what mboze was sadly I'm sure we won't find out from them. Maybe timber got touched or he won't spam it back to back to back.
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-10 12:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-10 12:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
Resolved Issues
Yay now the content is saved and hard again lol. Feel like this changed nothing hopefully they fixed the entrust thing also tbh. Sadly they can't fix the bug where I have a debuff on me when I die and homepoint.
I wonder if this will effect DRG and Wyvern. And keeping TP from lobby
By Vaerix 2021-06-10 12:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Pets were always allowed to be carried over and it's not something that was enabled by asylum usage, I doubt tp will clear either as that wasn't linked to asylum usage,
 Ragnarok.Inx
user: Inxmonk
By Ragnarok.Inx 2021-06-10 13:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe the changes are something to do with how on re-entering after a fail the A3 mobs could start spamming out maximum numbers of fetters immediately?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 13:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be pretty stupid if they nerfed Call Wyvern/Call Beast on entry by the way they implemented the Asylum fix.
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-10 13:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I don't mean pet depopping or something. I am talking about the pet losing buffs from lobby and its current level.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Not following. Which lobby buffs? And why can't you just Spirit Link after warping to boss area, after buffs?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-06-10 13:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Buffs that you do in lobby that you give to wyvern carry over into the fight. So doing tact roll on it allows it to always have TP to take with spirit link. Its not a big thing but its nice.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-10 13:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Never realized that. Neato
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 237 238 239