First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 238 239 240
 Asura.Seizan
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Seiza
By Asura.Seizan 2021-06-03 02:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Sam does self SC to remove aura + spams fudo with empy. Has subtle blow / -dt armor on.

Iirc we had our drk healed it with light sc for like 60k, or something. Dont think he noticed before after fight when i checked the chatlog, can be hard to notice in the battle heat:)
So if light sc can heal it, then maybe not fudo spam is the best.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-03 02:23:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember the element but I remember one of the times we tried with DRK we had that issue and we noticed when the fight was already over.
That explained why the HP% was going down so slow lol

SC damage is normally crap on Mboze (all magical damage is I'm afraid), but if you use an element he absorbs, then the amount healed will be very very high, sadly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Haaydee
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Haaydee 2021-06-03 03:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone help me please?

We've been trying, and failing, to kill Mboze V10 for weeks now.

We've tried:
1. Whm, Brd, Cor, Geo, Pld, Sam -> died.
  • Pld - Rampart to save from timber. Atonement with Mythic.
    Sam does self SC to remove aura + spams fudo with empy. Has subtle blow / -dt armor on.

2. Whm, Brd, Cor, Geo, Pld, Drk -> died.
    Drk - Soul Enslavement @ 50% to keep TP low. Torcleave with empy.

3. Whm, Brd, Cor, Bst, Blu, Smn -> died.
  • Smn - Atomos to remove stolen buffs.
    Bst - Slime pet debuffs -> vermin for Killer Instinct.
    Blu - Tanks / DD.

We've killed every other V10, and few V15s. But can't find a way to kill the tree. We always have a SC to remove the aura, and our damage isn't bad, but we always fail. It either kills us by canopierce at low HP, or Timber gets us. What're we doing wrong?

Here are some generic tips that I can offer incase there is something that helps you out. For reference, we used Setup 1 from your list.

Make sure your GEO gets lupon back up between tp moves if its in danger of dying. A dead lupon below 50% is basically asking to be wiped by Timber.

I don't remember it being an issue on the V10, but turn when Mboze does its 1hr (this might only be an issue on the V15)

Minimize tp feed when it gets aura up by having people not involved in the SC turn till aura is off.

Goes without saying, but you want everyone in AOE for Cano/Timber. Low HP chars may die to Cano. Try to keep a cureskin on them, especially the WHM.

The PLD should be helping AOE heal with Majesty. During the sub-50 zerg they should be spamming cures as a pre-emptitive move.

COR may want to shift merits to 5/5 Loaded Deck and have Lanun Frac+3. PLD needs Cab Coronet for Rampart which should (under ideal circumstances with resets) give you 4+ minutes of Rampart.

Use Panceas so that the WHM can focus on cures/cureskin.

You can try dmg with just the SAM if they are well geared (should be easier to pull off on V10 than V15), in which case dont forget Auspice and maybe dont have the PLD melee (since you mentioned atonement). Conversely, you can have the COR and BRD spam Savage blade in the zerg phase along with the SAM which makes for a faster kill but healing will need to be spot on to deal with the spam AOE dmg.

Don't forget to Ageha before the zerg. OR have the BRD get tp on staff and use Shell Crusher.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
Server: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-03 04:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Could someone help me please?

We've been trying, and failing, to kill Mboze V10 for weeks now.

We've tried:
1. Whm, Brd, Cor, Geo, Pld, Sam -> died.

3. Whm, Brd, Cor, Bst, Blu, Smn -> died.
  • Smn - Atomos to remove stolen buffs.
    Bst - Slime pet debuffs -> vermin for Killer Instinct.
    Blu - Tanks / DD.

We've killed every other V10, and few V15s. But can't find a way to kill the tree. We always have a SC to remove the aura, and our damage isn't bad, but we always fail. It either kills us by canopierce at low HP, or Timber gets us. What're we doing wrong?
I was the drk for the strat we used on v15 mboze tips I have for the drk is saving soul enslavement like I think someone said til 30% or even 20% then have everyone engage and got for it when rampart is up that includes cor and bard. The pld should never be hitting mboze shouldn't even have his weapon out tbh. If you want I can pm you later on what we did to win v15 same should apply for v10.

Items panacea for everyone in the group no reason not to have them for this fight pld should be spamming aoe cures after like 40% maybe lower depending on your setup. Drk should be in a tp set try to stack some dt/hp in it but I mostly stay in a normal tp set. If I pulled hate idk swap to a dt set right away. Another tip I can give is make sure the drk goes in with a gaxe to give it armor break at the start for defense down to speed it up a little.
By SimonSes 2021-06-03 04:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld - Rampart to save from timber. Atonement with Mythic.

Change Geo to BST. Use Generous Arthur till 50%. Change to Bouncing Bertha at 50%, use Killer Instinct, change back to Generous Arthur. Use Rampart. Random deal to get Rampart back. Use rampart again. Wild card to get Rampart back. Use Soul Enslavement and Rampart at 25% and zerg with DRK and COR. You probably want to hold TP to 2000+ on DRK to add more hits to improve TP draining. Your DPS will only drop by few % since Torc has great damage scaling with TP and there is also big white damage of Calad.

EDIT: You can also switch to Fatso Fargann after applying Ooze around 30% and Unleash TP drainkiss spam alongside Soul Enslavement to be sure that no TP move will go through between 25% and 0%.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-03 05:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Pld - Rampart to save from timber. Atonement with Mythic.

Change Geo to BST. Use Generous Arthur till 50%. Change to Bouncing Bertha at 50%, use Killer Instinct, change back to Generous Arthur. Use Rampart. Random deal to get Rampart back. Use rampart again. Wild card to get Rampart back. Use Soul Enslavement and Rampart at 25% and zerg with DRK and COR. You probably want to hold TP to 2000+ on DRK to add more hits to improve TP draining. Your DPS will only drop by few % since Torc has great damage scaling with TP and there is also big white damage of Calad.

EDIT: You can also switch to Fatso Fargann after applying Ooze around 30% and Unleash TP drainkiss spam alongside Soul Enslavement to be sure that no TP move will go through between 25% and 0%.

This I'm sure also works I didn't do with bst but people have tried and had good runs with it. I personally like the geo better. One Simon brought up is the holding tp when soul is up thats a good thing I forgot. Also try to time your last resort and stuff with Enslavement you want that up when doing it as missing Hasso kinda sucks in that. Someone said they saw light SC heal it when I did a couple times I don't think it healed it tbh I'd have to go back and look. In a fight like this you wanna hold tp to 1750+ anyway for white damage torcleaver scaling and hate management so later on in the fight you don't need to turn a bad times.
By SimonSes 2021-06-03 05:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »
Also try to time your last resort and stuff with Enslavement you want that up when doing it as missing Hasso kinda sucks in that.

This shouldnt be a problem I think, since you RD and Wild card to get Rampart back, so you should get Last Resort back too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-03 08:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Also try to time your last resort and stuff with Enslavement you want that up when doing it as missing Hasso kinda sucks in that.

This shouldnt be a problem I think, since you RD and Wild card to get Rampart back, so you should get Last Resort back too.
It shouldn't be but its the time if rampart is up and you got wanna make sure it's used before rd and wild card its 100% uptime during that last 50%. Just depends on how fast or slow the group is killing or even get Rampart back. Sounds of them having trouble with v10 rather be over prepared than under if that makes sense
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2021-06-03 09:45:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Seizan said: »

Iirc we had our drk healed it with light sc for like 60k, or something. Dont think he noticed before after fight when i checked the chatlog, can be hard to notice in the battle heat:)

Not quite, it was Darkness Skillchains that were healing Mboze, not light. The healing was when we were using Scythe based darkness SCs, the idea behind using those specifically was because there were more multihit WS available to SC with, reducing the chance of a single WS missing and killing the whole SC. Problem was that Darkness healed Mboze for at least twice what the WS damage did.
/edit Healing for 60k was on the low end, one of the SCs healed for 80k+

Light SCs are fine, Tachi Fudo etc if you want to use Sam
If you want to do Dark Knight and Soul Enslavement, make sure they have Ragnarok.
You can do a full 5 step double light with:
Resolution => Torcleaver => Scourge => Resolution => Torcleaver
and be using strong WS almost full time, but the drawback is that your SC options rely heavily on single hit WS, and a miss while clearing fetters can screw a run.
Of course, you can do SCs in fewer steps as well, just tossing that one out there for the "Great Sword cannot into skillchain" folks out there.

Another specific issue we were having with Mboze V10 specifically is that it uses Yaega at 50%, not 75%. The info we were relying on was V15 which has Yaega at 75%, which is actually easier to manage since you can proc it early and forget about it, whereas in V10 you get Yaega right as you would want to start your zerg, and right as Timberrr window opens up. Awkward, but can be worked around.

Finally Senaki, when your group does die, how does it happen? Who goes down first, and in what circumstances? I know in particular what was happening with us was that the Whm in particular would get AoE'd down by a combination of fetters and canopeirce or Timberrr in quick succession, killing them before a curaga could go off. Addressed that by doing a really thorough pass on -DT/MEVA gear. In general we weren't getting oneshot, but we were having issues with big AoE damage that was immediately followed by one or more smaller AoEs in very quick succession.

/Edit2
Lakshmi.Haaydee said: »
Don't forget to Ageha before the zerg. OR have the BRD get tp on staff and use Shell Crusher.
We weren't seeing any damage difference with Ageha or Armor Break, and we suspected that Mboze's very high wind resistance was keeping the defense down stat from sticking. Normally this is good advice, but unless your group has acess to a -defense debuff that isn't wind or earth based, you're just wasting TP Disregard this, I was thinking of a different NM. I believe Armor Break was landing on Mboze.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-03 09:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mims said: »
Not quite, it was Darkness Skillchains that were healing Mboze, not light

All of the Atonement 3 NMs absorb either their Light-Aligned or Dark-Aligned element during aura. So Kalunga absorbs fire and light, Mboze absorbs earth and darkness, etc. So fudo spam shouldn't heal Mboze, unless there's an additional component to the aura I am not aware of (or Mboze is dual-element). I know darkness didn't heal Kalunga when I used SAM on it during aura, so I figured they all have the same behavior for their primary element.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-03 10:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Seizan said: »

Not quite, it was Darkness Skillchains that were healing Mboze, not light. The healing was when we were using Scythe based darkness SCs, the idea behind using those specifically was because there were more multihit WS available to SC with, reducing the chance of a single WS missing and killing the whole SC. Problem was that Darkness healed Mboze for at least twice what the WS damage did.
/edit Healing for 60k was on the low end, one of the SCs healed for 80k+

Light SCs are fine, Tachi Fudo etc if you want to use Sam
If you want to do Dark Knight and Soul Enslavement, make sure they have Ragnarok.
You can do a full 5 step double light with:
Resolution => Torcleaver => Scourge => Resolution => Torcleaver
and be using strong WS almost full time, but the drawback is that your SC options rely heavily on single hit WS, and a miss while clearing fetters can screw a run.
Of course, you can do SCs in fewer steps as well, just tossing that one out there for the "Great Sword cannot into skillchain" folks out there.

Another specific issue we were having with Mboze V10 specifically is that it uses Yaega at 50%, not 75%. The info we were relying on was V15 which has Yaega at 75%, which is actually easier to manage since you can proc it early and forget about it, whereas in V10 you get Yaega right as you would want to start your zerg, and right as Timberrr window opens up. Awkward, but can be worked around.

Finally Senaki, when your group does die, how does it happen? Who goes down first, and in what circumstances? I know in particular what was happening with us was that the Whm in particular would get AoE'd down by a combination of fetters and canopeirce or Timberrr in quick succession, killing them before a curaga could go off. Addressed that by doing a really thorough pass on -DT/MEVA gear. In general we weren't getting oneshot, but we were having issues with big AoE damage that was immediately followed by one or more smaller AoEs in very quick succession.

/Edit2
We weren't seeing any damage difference with Ageha or Armor Break, and we suspected that Mboze's very high wind resistance was keeping the defense down stat from sticking. Normally this is good advice, but unless your group has acess to a -defense debuff that isn't wind or earth based, you're just wasting TP
I disagree with using rag your wasting more dps switching to rag losing AM and time switch to do that sc. If your SCing just for proc from root of the problem then you can do sc with drk and cor. Herculean slash > Herculean slaah > burning blade procs everytime. Which this is to the people saying we have no skillchain for drk its been tested and done on v15 mboze. Not saying rag isn't good if you wanted to go with that but I rather not use rag as like you said your relying on one hit weapon skills.
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2021-06-03 10:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I disagree with using rag your wasting more dps switching to rag losing AM and time switch to do that sc. If your SCing just for proc from root of the problem then you can do sc with drk and cor. Herculean slash > Herculean slaah > burning blade procs everytime. Which this is to the people saying we have no skillchain for drk its been tested and done on v15 mboze. Not saying rag isn't good if you wanted to go with that but I rather not use rag as like you said your relying on one hit weapon skills.

The issue is that adds another person to the SC.
For many groups that is fine, some groups very specifically only want a single person touching Mboze. Herc Herc RLB is great if your Cor is comfortable WSing without being engaged, but that is just a 3step SC and will not clear a second fetter sequence.
If I'm reading this right your SC is:
Herc => Herc (Impaction) => RLB (Liquifaction)
Which is a 3step, but looking at it it should be easy to just tack another Herc on the end for
Herc => Herc (Impaction) => RLB (Liquifaction) => Herc (Fusion)
to make a miss-proof 4step SC to clear the second fetter sequence if you get it

/edit misread Burning Blade as Red Lotus Blade, not a big issue, for practical purposes it works the same with either WS in this SC
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-03 10:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The issue is that adds another person to the SC.
For many groups that is fine, some groups very specifically only want a single person touching Mboze. Herc Herc RLB is great if your Cor is comfortable WSing without being engaged, but that is just a 3step SC and will not clear a second fetter sequence.
If I'm reading this right your SC is:
Herc => Herc (Impaction) => RLB (Liquifaction)
Which is a 3step, but looking at it it should be easy to just tack another Herc on the end for
Herc => Herc (Impaction) => RLB (Liquifaction) => Herc (Fusion)
to make a miss-proof 4step SC to clear the second fetter sequence if you get it

/edit misread Burning Blade as Red Lotus Blade, not a big issue, for practical purposes it works the same with either WS in this SC
I mean we had the cor hitting it to get tp and back off til we needed to sc it wasnt a big deal at all. It's not gonna take them long to get 1k tbh. Also you don't need a 4 step to proc we did it
With 3 step I'm almost sure of it I'll go back when I'm off work to look at video.

Edit: like you said if you wanted a for sure proc just to make sure it proced you could 100% do herc to Fusion but we didn't do that from what I remember.
By Chimerawizard 2021-06-03 11:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd suggest doing some HP checks to make sure your group's idle/engaged sets aren't dropping their hp% low enough to get 1shot after being cured and doing an action.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-06-03 11:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't see it mentioned yet but what songs are being used? Is Scherzo up? Without it we had problems with Canopierce too.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-06-03 11:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Berzerk said: »
Didn't see it mentioned yet but what songs are being used? Is Scherzo up? Without it we had problems with Canopierce too.
My group did soul voice HM Minuetx2 light carol(this we still testing over earth carol) and Scherzo.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-06-03 11:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen Carols mentioned before but we had better success with Dirge, over that, so HM, Minuet x2, Scherzo, Dirge. Don't think Canopierce came close to killing us, this is with barstonra up too, though.
 Asura.Mims
By Asura.Mims 2021-06-03 16:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

We weren't seeing any damage difference with Ageha or Armor Break, and we suspected that Mboze's very high wind resistance was keeping the defense down stat from sticking. Normally this is good advice, but unless your group has acess to a -defense debuff that isn't wind or earth based, you're just wasting TP
Disregard this, a LS mate who was there on the run reminded me that ageha/armor break were landing on Mboze. I think I had it confused with the butterfly where def down wasn't landing, sorry!
By SimonSes 2021-06-03 18:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I really have no idea why people try to switch to scythe to make multistep >.>

For Kalunga Herculean <> Resolution is "infinite" chain of scission and detonation. One WS is magical and other is 5 hits base, so it shouldnt miss.

For Mboze for 1st Aura you can do 3x Herculean, which is Impaction -> Detonation. For 2nd Aura you can add Sickle moon instead of Resolution, because scission will heal it, so its better to use low damage WS. You can also make special set for Sickle Moon with a lot of acc/da, but no att/wsd. It's only 2hits, but with capped accuracy, missing 2hits WS is very rare, especially if you proc multihit and make it 3+ hits). COR can also close that 4step with Aeolian or Shining blade (can tactician himself to avoid TP feed). 5 Step is another Herculean after Sickle Moon or Aeolian/Shining.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-06-03 19:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the delay. Thank you so much for all the tips everyone. We’ll try utilizing them this weekend. ^u^

For method 1-2. We were using:
SV Song: Victory March, Honor March, Acc+, Attk+, Scherzo. (Refresh Whm, enmity + on tank).
Geo: Indi-Str (or VIT with drk), Geo-Fury, Entrust-Attunement.

For method 3 (without Geo, with Bst and Smn) we tried:
SV Song: Honor March, light carol, light carol II, Attack+, Acc+.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-04 00:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Make better use of your song resources. That looks like it could be your primary issue.

SV HM CAROL MINUET SCHERZO MINUET/DIRGE*
By Manque 2021-06-04 02:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Silly question. Can you amnesia Mboze with Cait Sith to avoid Timber?
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-06-04 04:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

We just finished our Mboze attempts last night with the setup:

SAM,GEO, BRD,COR,PLD,WHM - somethings we changed a long the way.

For the SAM, we didn't use SU5 Weapon, Dagon Breatplate + Mpaca's Hose + Niqmaddu Ring was enough to not get too many TP Moves until 25%, at 25% go for a more offensive set to ride out Yaeg switch back if Yaeg drops before killing it.

We dropped the Light Carols in the end in favour of HM, VM5/4, Dirge and Scherzo - Uproot randomly started to one shot us but this was before we started using a tank, I have a feeling Uproots damage is based on the initial hit of the target and then an aoe based off of that? When SAM was tank Uproot was killer, when it was the PLD it was manageable.

Indi-Regen like mentioned before really does help out with the random AOE damage, you can melee this thing at like 6.2 range and not be hit by all of his moves too so don't forget to do that. We had a couple runs where Fudo did Fudo things, so during Uproot and Fetters proc we changed the Regen to Indi-Precision, Fudo would probably still do Fudo things but it was more of a safety net.

Overall though we had some good attempts that just felt like we didn't win because Random Deal/Wild Card wasn't friendly, on our win Wild Card reset everything so we go double Yaegasumi and the like and it felt much smoother due to the pure luck of that. We still had me die as the SAM at 3% but the BRD and COR finished it off. This fight is very random (Hello to you Timber as soon as it ticked to 50% that one attempt) and just a bit of slog until you get it, the best thing I can suggest is to find the strat that works for your setup and stick to it as if you keep changing it's only going to take longer.
[+]
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-06-04 11:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I tested out the Cancer-Free TP Inhibition method developed by the JPs and it’s very solid... Works really well... This is definitely the way to go.. Mboze didn’t do any TP Moves... and he’s silenced so he doesn’t cast..

The Lucky Rampart Casino Royal Method that people won by gives you cancer and PTSD... not worth wasting segments on getting lucky.. it’s not what SE intended us to go through..

Just inhibit the MOFO and tell the tree to shut the *** up with a BLU and BST and he will...

YouTube Video Placeholder

Sorry I wrote this in between my patients at hospital so I will have to revise and add a bit more detail where I see.. But key points are mentioned..

Vital Key Points of this Strat Explained in Detail:

*Tactician's Roll in the Lobby for DRK to obtain AM3 from beginning of the fight..

**Random Deal reset the Beastial Loyalty that is used in the lobby so that BST goes into the fight with Cricket and has Beastial Loyalty ability ready to go again for the fight and to immediately call TP Drainkiss Leech (Fatso) .. Don't forget - COR will use Moogle to swap subjobs in order to reobtain Random Deal again prior to entry..

Stand far enough away and behind him. BLU will be at Max casting range and DRK will be the only one eating regular hits... standing too close gets everyone hit with regular hits and he can access TP moves with that TP Feed...

DRK - Needs to have minimum 65 Subtle Blow including Auspice in sets.. Armor Break at beginning and then Reapply Armor Break at some point before final 25-0 Zerg... DRK will eat a Wizard Cookie to gain great killer effect bonus combined with Killer Instinct.. or DRK can use any food they want..

**Increasing Plantoid Killer Effects definitely does make a difference with increased intimidation rates etc.. Although DPS goes down a tad bit compared to an Altana's Repast or some other nice high attack/acc food..

BST - Killer Instinct with Cricket in beginning and then immediately switch to Leech and use TP Drainkiss spam throughout.. Bring plenty of Dawn Mulsums incase any Magic AOE goes through (It shouldn't though with Silenced Mboze and TP Inhibited perfectly) At 25% ready for final push will use Unleash spaming of TP Drainkiss right after loading a fresh new Killer Instinct until Unleash wears out. Then DRK uses Soul Enslavement to finish remainder HP of Mboze ftw.. Must stagger Unleash and Soul Enslavement for more time to finish NM if DPS is a problem..

BLU - Feather Tickle and Reaving Wind Spam, can add Silence with Silent Storm if there is a window of time, otherwise can Spot Cure DRK with Magic Fruit incase WHM is busy casting Silena in between RW and FT.. also Mighty Gaurd the DRK for final 25-0 Push.. (All In between continuous Reaving Wind / Feather Tickle Spams)- **Also, Remember not to hit Feather Tickle or Reaving Wind at the same time as TP Drainkiss or else it's wasted, try to stagger the two in between TP Drainkiss 30 second window for best optimization of TP Drain Maneuvers.. Also don't forget to Plenilune Embrace the DRK to add some additional Attack Buffs in between TP Drain Spells..

COR - CC SAM and Chaos and Light Shot Upgrades Dia II throughout the fight. Random Deals as needed and WC's at least once before Final Push 25-0 Push..

**Can use Crooked Chaos and MNK's Roll in place of SAMs roll from 100-25% to cover any gaps in lost Subtle Blow between a weaker Auspice and a DRK that is missing Subtle Blow Gear Minimum.. Although if using MNK's roll in place of SAM's, you must switch Rolls back to SAM/CHAOS for the final push from 25-0..

**COR can also use Caster’s Roll in the back line for the BLU to decrease Reaving and Feather Tickle spam by a couple more seconds.. Although it’s not needed if staggered properly, anything to reduce the timer will help here..

WHM - Auspices DRK and Boost-VITs and Silences NM throughout the entire fight **Extremely Important to keep NM Silenced as much as possible as AOE Magic lets it gain TP for every target player that is hit, then uses Asylum and Sacro (Just Incase) for final Soul Enslavement push from 25-0..

BRD - Wind Threnody II Throughout the fight to help Reaving and Feather Tickle land rate and Nitros at 75% during Invincible break window to reapply Wind Threnody II and Pinning Nocturne.. etc and can With Wildcard, refresh SV songs for DRK: HM, Minuet x3, Madrigal..

----------------------------------------------

*In Beginning of Fight BRD will fall back with BLU, and WHM and give them a Separate Set of Songs: HM, March, Ballad x3. Then can reapply Ballads when it wears off at the end of fight..

BLU and BST will spam TP Drain Moves as much as possible and on time. Wind Threnody II greatly helps with land rate if your BLU isn't maximally geared for M.ACC and doesn't have Tizona. Tizona and other M.Acc REMAs and Weapons.. Silence is important by WHM and to make sure Auspice is always on, moment Auspice goes off, NM can start throwing TP Moves. **Make sure your DRK doesn' t use en-DRK or it knocks off Auspice immediately..

DRK will WS until Invincible then turn for 30 second window, and this is when Random Deal will go off to reset Nitro to reapply Songs. SV songs can be applied here and stay throughout the remainder of fight. Also use Nitro window to reapply all the debuffs like Wind Threnody II, Pinning Nocturne, Carnage Elegy? (If you can get it to land, it’s not required though for success) etc.. Mentioning this again: BRD will keep Wind Threnody II on throughout the fight you don't want to miss landing Reaving Wind or Feather Tickle. They all must land. You can miss 1-2 but its risky especially after 50% when he has access to Timber.. **Also don't fight him on Earthsday.. Windsday is best..

After Invincible Window.. Take the NM down to 26% and DRK Turns again for final refresh/prep.. This is when all the Buffs are reapplied, and prepare for final push. Armor Break should be reapplied if you haven't at this point.. This point the NM should be destroyed within 30 seconds (optimally with well geared DRK or 1 minute at most) Unleash from BST will help Inhibit if your Soul Enslavement wasn't enough. You can start with Unleash TP-Drainkiss Spam then after initiate Soul Enslavement and Finish it off in that window.. If all goes well and you are doing at least 35-45k DPS (Best Range of Torcleaver DPS is in the upper 60k+) the NM will be destroyed without even doing anything...

If a TP move went off at any point.. you did something wrong..

Upon Autopsy of the remnants pieces of Mboze's Brain it was discovered that we successfully gave Mboze:

Amnesia
Alzheimer's
Dementia
Schizophrenia

He didn't know what the *** happened to him.. TLDR; he died in peace.. We then lit the remnant pieces of his brain on fire.. and walked away wearing the same unharmed Black Leather Jackets and Suits on that we came into the fight with..

[+]
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2021-06-04 11:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
I tested out the Cancer-Free TP Inhibition method developed by the JPs and it’s very solid... Works really well... This is definitely the way to go.. Mboze didn’t do any TP Moves... and he’s silenced so he doesn’t cast..

The Lucky Rampart Casino Royal Method that people won by gives you cancer and PTSD... not worth wasting segments on getting lucky.. it’s not what SE intended us to go through..

Just inhibit the MOFO and tell the tree to shut the *** up with a BLU and BST and he will...

YouTube Video Placeholder

Would you be willing to put together a brief write-up of your method? Between the lock styles and JP text I can’t quite figure out jobs/strategies in the video.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-04 12:02:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Very solid method indeed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Vespajava
Server: Phoenix
user: Vespajava
By Phoenix.Vespajava 2021-06-04 12:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Option to silence, w/ BLU in config, using Silent Storm? sticks unresisted it's ~5 mins, and group we use has been DRK SB method, white-knuckled RD/Rampart lottery wins. Skillsets from group to group have been inconsistent, so we got away from it for a few. TIA. Feedback welcome
[+]
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2021-06-04 14:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated Strat with more details.. in previous post above.

Enjoy a Cancer-Free Life..
 Asura.Syto
By Asura.Syto 2021-06-04 14:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Vespajava said: »
Option to silence, w/ BLU in config, using Silent Storm? sticks unresisted it's ~5 mins, and group we use has been DRK SB method, white-knuckled RD/Rampart lottery wins. Skillsets from group to group have been inconsistent, so we got away from it for a few. TIA. Feedback welcome

Yes, BLU can do more things in the windows between Reaving and Feather Tickle Spam. If they can pull it off without delaying the spams then yes.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 138 139 140 ... 238 239 240