First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 237 238 239
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-02-24 14:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bixbite said: »
I overdrived the T3 Shark with Valoredge Taeon Set. I had to Dawn several times throughout the fight. He did die within 30 seconds left of OD and I had Cor rolls.

How's your PUP? Like, were you using Xiucoatl C and top-end gear, or something less?
By Guyford 2021-02-24 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Sadly, but not surprisingly, after V15 clear, we do not have a V20 option. Augments unlocked up to R20 on V15 clear.

Do you have V15 clears on all Atonement 2 NMs?
Yes. We had to get V15 on all Atonement 2 before it would let us do any Atonement 3 at higher than V0.

We can pop +5 T3s after clearing all T2s at +5. We have all T1s cleared at +15, 2 T2s at +15, one at +10, rest at +5 and all T3s are available at +5.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-02-24 14:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm super confused on how to unlock different Vengeance tiers.

What do you need to do in order to unlock Vengeance 5,10,15 for T3 Atonement NMs?

Do you need to clear Vengeance 1, 2, 3, 4, AND 5 to unlock Vengeance 10? Or do you just need to clear Vengeance 5?
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-02-24 14:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So let's say you have Vengeance 5 ready to go for U Bnai (having already beat him once on Veng 0). When you go to fight him, you'll get options Vengeance 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. If you pick 5 and beat him, you will then have the option to do 6-10 on him.

You only need to do the highest level to unlock the next set. So you only do U Bnai at 0, 5, 10, 15. The in between levels don't unlock anything, but they do grant a scaling amount of RP.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-24 15:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is the secret. Find friends to agree to split bosses solo, then team up for the +15 kill. You spend less segments this way.

Example

Player A - Kills U Bnai at 0, 5, 10, unlocks 15
Player B - Kills Sgili at 0, 5, 10, unlocks 15
Player C - Kills Gogmagog at 0, 5, 10, unlocks 15
Player D - Kills Dealan-dhe at 0, 5, 10, unlocks 15

All players join back together for all 4 kills at +15, despite only ever clearing one NM each. They all get the +15 clear and can effectively "skip" farming up tiers, saving valuable segments in the process.

Costs 21,000 segments to get all 4 +15 clears this way
vs doing it solo
Costs 48,000 segments if you clear everything from scratch yourself

Another alternative is to just have someone with +15 access drag you into each Veng+15 battle, so you only need to do 4 kills for your A1 clear. Then you can repeat on A2. This is a good way to drag mules into your group for clears. In this case, it only takes 12,000 segments to get all A1 clears, vs the above numbers.
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2021-02-24 15:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Here is the secret. Find friends to agree to split bosses solo, then team up for the +15 kill. You spend less segments this way.

Example

Player A - Kills U Bnai at 0, 5, 10, unlocks 15
Player B - Kills Sgili at 0, 5, 10, unlocks 15
Player C - Kills Gogmagog at 0, 5, 10, unlocks 15
Player D - Kills Dealan-dhe at 0, 5, 10, unlocks 15

All players join back together for all 4 kills at +15, despite only ever clearing one NM each. They all get the +15 clear and can effectively "skip" farming up tiers, saving valuable segments in the process.

Costs 21,000 segments to get all 4 +15 clears this way
vs doing it solo
Costs 48,000 segments if you clear everything from scratch yourself

Another alternative is to just have someone with +15 access drag you into each Veng+15 battle, so you only need to do 4 kills for your A1 clear. Then you can repeat on A2. This is a good way to drag mules into your group for clears. In this case, it only takes 12,000 segments to get all A1 clears, vs the above numbers.

This^ We had one player with an absurd amount of segments. We just entered each NM with him and unlocked veng15. Only had to mess with each tier 1/2 once.
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-02-24 15:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the approach we've taken as well.

Could you describe what happens to the Atonement 2 NMs if you beat all Atonement 1 NMs on V15? BG mentions it unlocks the respective V# for Atonement 2 from doing Atonement 1, so I read that as you being able to skip -some- Atonement 2 V ranks if you have a higher V rank in Atonement 1
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-24 16:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Batton said: »
Could you describe what happens to the Atonement 2 NMs if you beat all Atonement 1 NMs on V15?

Bismarck.Batton said: »
so I read that as you being able to skip -some- Atonement 2 V ranks if you have a higher V rank in Atonement 1

You can, if someone drags you into +15. Otherwise, you have to kill al Atonement NMs on 0, 5, 10, 15 respectively as normal.

(edited because too much nonsense)
[+]
By Guyford 2021-02-24 16:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You need the tier you want to pop at cleared on all NMs for the previous tier. For example, if I want to pop a +10 T2, I need all T1s cleared at at least +10 and that T2 cleared at +5.

So to pop +15 T3s you will need to clear all T2s on +15 and that T3 on +10.
[+]
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2021-02-24 16:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhhh perfect, thank you!
By tallica 2021-02-24 18:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
You need the tier you want to pop at cleared on all NMs for the previous tier. For example, if I want to pop a +10 T2, I need all T1s cleared at at least +10 and that T2 cleared at +5.

Wait...what!!??

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-24 19:42:15
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
tallica said: »
Guyford said: »

Wait...what!!??

It's pretty self explanatory.

I thought you could increase the rank of a single NM simply by fighting it on repeat, can you not?
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-24 19:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I thought you could increase the rank of a single NM simply by fighting it on repeat, can you not?

No, you cannot. In order to unlock the ability to enter atonement 3 NMs on Veng 5 you must defeat all atonement 1 and atonement 2 Nms on Veng 5 first. In order to unlock the ability to enter on Veng 10, you must defeat all atonement 1 and 2 nms on Veng 10 first. Same with veng 15. This process cannot be skipped.

You CAN enter Atonement 3 with someone who already has veng 5, 10, or 15 unlocked and get rank point credit for the run, but it will NOT unlock your own access to enter on higher vengs if you go in as leader yourself. So if you want to be able to personally do any atonement 3 NM on higher vengs as leader (so you don't have to rely on others to do it for you), then you have to go back and re fight the older Nms on higher vengs.

Quote:
It's pretty self explanatory.
[+]
 Asura.Bixbite
By Asura.Bixbite 2021-02-24 20:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So if you want to be able to personally do any atonement 3 NM on higher vengs as leader (so you don't have to rely on others to do it for you), then you have to go back and re fight the older Nms on higher vengs.

So the leaders with high vengeance nm access are sacrificing alot of potential augments? This system is not a good one.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-24 20:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Really good post on the JP blog Two Man Cell regarding Gaol Tier 3 NM weaknesses.

The standard disclaimer. I can't read JP. I'm sifting through google translate vomit. If anyone does read JP, by all means give this a real translation.

A slightly adjusted Google translated quote.
Quote:
About red weakness and blue weakness

It seems to be confirmed below.

Xevioso
Red Weakness: Critical (Normal & WS)
Blue Weakness: Continuing from the above Critical

Ngai (Rockfin) Red Weakness:
WS
Blue Weakness: After the above WS, before the skillchain window opens, WS

Kalunga ( Gabrus)
Red Weakness: Skillchain
Blue Weakness: Linking from the above

Ongo (Wakutaza)
Red Weakness: MB
Blue Weakness: Continuing from the above MB

Mboze
Blue Weakness: Continuing from the above

Arebati ( Sefage)

If you hit the critical red weakness → blue weakness, the effect will be canceled.
It seems that the required number will increase after the second occurrence of the effect (3 step skillchain → 4 step skillchain on Kalunga).
The Rockfin weakness was enlightening. We've never hit that one before, and that makes sense, cause we were either trying multistep on MNK while I PLD tanked disengaged, Or I was solo melee on PLD after the MNK died to fetters. So at no point during our attempts did we ever have two WS landing consecutively that close together.

There's other info as well, but this was the main thing that I wanted to let people know about.

Now we just need to figure out how to reliably avoid being murdered by a 4~7k Tiimbeer on the tree NM...
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-25 00:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Really good post on the JP blog Two Man Cell regarding Gaol Tier 3 NM weaknesses.

The standard disclaimer. I can't read JP. I'm sifting through google translate vomit. If anyone does read JP, by all means give this a real translation.

Quote:

Xevioso

WS

Kalunga ( Gabrus)

Ongo (Wakutaza)

Mboze

Arebati ( Sefage)

If you hit the critical red weakness → blue weakness, the effect will be canceled.
It seems that the required number will increase after the second occurrence of the effect (3 step skillchain → 4 step skillchain on Kalunga).
The Rockfin weakness was enlightening. We've never hit that one before, and that makes sense, cause we were either trying multistep on MNK while I PLD tanked disengaged, Or I was solo melee on PLD after the MNK died to fetters. So at no point during our attempts did we ever have two WS landing consecutively that close together.

There's other info as well, but this was the main thing that I wanted to let people know about.

Now we just need to figure out how to reliably avoid being murdered by a 4~7k Tiimbeer on the tree NM...
This makes a lot of sense, I was sure that critical hits didn't do anything for the shark NM and my solo light skillchains were not doing blue proc but all my ws constantly caused red proc (it's still better than no proc because it makes the fetters disappear, but it doesn't remove the aura and new fetters get called later).
It also eplains why Logical was was finding critical hits to work, because on those two NMs (bee and lion) they did, in fact the only two tat work that way :P
I had smooth fights in the other ones because we were hitting skillchains and mb for the respective NMs, and even with bee and lion someone was always doing critical hits.

On a side note, I have moogle mastery 41 and I used tank and healer trusts on several of the T3s on vengeance zero and they did great, stayed alive the whole fight and even kept hate in all fights other that the one i did on monk vs shark, where tank trust still kep hate for the first few minutes. One benefit of trusts until they fi the lag is that they will react to things right away, while a healer with lag won't know your hp got into red until 3+ seconds later :P
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-25 01:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new sets, is Malignance armor no longer good?
 Asura.Kusare
user: gaira
By Asura.Kusare 2021-02-25 01:20:58
Link | Quote | Reply

it's every bit as good as it ever was. gleti and mpaca cover most of the malignance jobs but they have different uses, no reason not to get both.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-25 01:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

It's just as good as ever. The lack of store TP on any of the new sets and the higher magic evasion and better defensive stats on malignance makes it a better hybrid set to build tp in than the new stuff. Gleti's attire is more of a weaponskill set than it is a hybrid set, with the added benefit that you're far less likely to get one shotted if you pull hate on something when you're in your weaponskill gear. The other sets that malignance jobs are on all follow a similar trend. Malignance has not been replaced or even been devalued in any way.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-25 01:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
No. Malignance armor is still the best defensive armor set as it was before, for magic evasion and DT for jobs that can wear it.
For example for monk you'd still swap in malignance for big magic damage or enfeeble resists, but you can use the mpaca set more for a hybrid offensive and physical damage resist. It has 90 acc less than other offensive sets though so it doesn't replace them either, they seem to have been careful to make sure that the new gear never completely replaces any top gear from before it.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-25 02:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What's this thing I keep reading about some stats on the Sakpata set being wrong?
Which stats exactely are wrong?
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-25 02:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The stats aren't wrong, there's just a bug where some of the damage reduction isn't working. It's unintentional and acknowledged by the dev team. They plan to address it in a future update.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-25 07:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
The stats aren't wrong, there's just a bug where some of the damage reduction isn't working. It's unintentional and acknowledged by the dev team. They plan to address it in a future update.

Its a bug and its gonna be fixed, but the stats are in fact wrong.

Quote:
- The [Damage taken -9] stat for Sakpata's Cuisses is not functioning properly.
* Instead of [Damage taken -9], the effect [Killer +5] is added.

Essentially they had intern copy pasting stats into database and he was working on Sakpata set after Mpaca set and forogt to change Killer +5 to Damage taken -9% on legs XD :D
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-25 08:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Xevioso

WS

Kalunga ( Gabrus)

Ongo (Wakutaza)

Mboze

Arebati ( Sefage)

Very interesting and mirror's what I have seen on my two solo's so explains a lot. I just tried to take on Mboze solo and sadly died at 38%, my hope was that I was going to be able to weapon skill right after one of my trust uses one to cause the blue !!. Two such instances occured during my run and both times I did weapon skill during the window before skillchain window and it did NOT cause blue proc. Now there could be a lot going on here, perhaps trust aren't enough to trigger the the first part as they do hit for practically nothing or possibly it was the lag I was experiencing and I really was outside of the window due to that. Mboze is definitely looking like more of a challenge to me then the 2 piercing NM's. Should get another two chances tonight so play with it some more, might try the other slashing NM to see if he's any easier of a solo.

Another interesting thing I noticed, on the two piercing nm's when I died I could get back up and then resummon trust and fight again and the mob's HP level would not have changed. On Mboze he regained to 100% after the wipe. May be a DoT situation or something going on in the first examples but thought I'd point it out.
By SimonSes 2021-02-25 09:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
Very interesting and mirror's what I have seen on my two solo's so explains a lot. I just tried to take on Mboze solo and sadly died at 38%, my hope was that I was going to be able to weapon skill right after one of my trust uses one to cause the blue !!. Two such instances occured during my run and both times I did weapon skill during the window before skillchain window and it did NOT cause blue proc.

But you talking about Mboze and want to use blue magic proc strategy for Ngai? If I understand this right, Mboze requires 3 step skillchain?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-25 09:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Another interesting thing I noticed, on the two piercing nm's when I died I could get back up and then resummon trust and fight again and the mob's HP level would not have changed. On Mboze he regained to 100% after the wipe. May be a DoT situation or something going on in the first examples but thought I'd point it out.
Uproot (the move that gives it its aura) grants it a moderately potent regen effect.

I don't remember if it's a fixed duration or linked to the aura specifically, though.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-25 09:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Very interesting and mirror's what I have seen on my two solo's so explains a lot. I just tried to take on Mboze solo and sadly died at 38%, my hope was that I was going to be able to weapon skill right after one of my trust uses one to cause the blue !!. Two such instances occured during my run and both times I did weapon skill during the window before skillchain window and it did NOT cause blue proc.

But you talking about Mboze and want to use blue magic proc strategy for Ngai? If I understand this right, Mboze requires 3 step skillchain?

Oh!!!! I entirely misread that if that's the case. I assumed Continuing from above was referencing that Ngai note, must have been too soon after I woke up this morning. So the "Continuing from above" was meaning I make a skillchain to cause red !! and then another step to that skillchain to cause blue !!. Sad thing is I think this is how I first read it and then convinced myself it was the other way before trying the run... thanks for clarification, tonight will just try multistep light as I was simply spamming Shun today. Thx Simon.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-25 09:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Uproot (the move that gives it its aura) grants it a moderately potent regen effect.

I don't remember if it's a fixed duration or linked to the aura specifically, though.

Ahha! This would explain it as I wiped with Aura up. Bet you are right on this.
By SimonSes 2021-02-25 10:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »

Oh!!!! I entirely misread that if that's the case. I assumed Continuing from above was referencing that Ngai note, must have been too soon after I woke up this morning. So the "Continuing from above" was meaning I make a skillchain to cause red !! and then another step to that skillchain to cause blue !!. Sad thing is I think this is how I first read it and then convinced myself it was the other way before trying the run... thanks for clarification, tonight will just try multistep light as I was simply spamming Shun today. Thx Simon.

To be perfectly clear I have no idea what that really means. I simply guessing. That's why I put "?" there. But it clearly doesn't look like the same note as on Ngai. On the other hand Kalunga has clearly noted linking from the above, but further there is also more details about each fight and for Mboze we have

Quote:
Mboze (Igudria)
Sword Samurai Shiroginko + Monbrow + α to subdue the boss area with about 10 seconds remaining.
Even though I was unable to fight a total of 3 times at a teen bar etc., I managed to make it in time.
The effect that occurred on the way was canceled by immobility → flower wheel (red weakness) → illuminating (blue weakness).

This sound like 3 step skillchain, but Im guessing again.
EIDT: Flower wheel sounds like Tachi: kasha? XD
First Page 2 3 ... 87 88 89 ... 237 238 239