Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 237 238 239
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-14 13:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I would assume it works in the offhand because they made it basically like utu grip for non grip users. That would kind of be a huge f u to those jobs.
By SimonSes 2021-02-14 14:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Icebrand was tested to work in offhand, Afaik none tested the dagger (because probably none got it) and none tested Flame, because its not in game yet. You can assume dagger and Flame works the same as Icebrand tho.
By Haziko 2021-02-14 17:57:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps red proc is related to crits?

We got ut twice on the Ceheutzi yesterday with ws spamming. Couldn't confirm the cause from the log though.

Edit: LS member suggested red may be based on weakness. If a MB-ed Stone procced red on Ongo, that could be it.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-14 23:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

We had some luck with procs on Kalunga(Gabbranth) today.

While we were attempting V10, We red proc'd and then blue proc'd him, causing all the fetters to de-spawn without wrecking me. And dropping the aura.

The procs were via skillchains. We did the following SC after Blistering Roar put the aura up.

Ageha>Jinpu>Detonation>Shoha>Gravitation>Fudo>Darkness

Red proc on Detonation. Blue on Grav, but sometimes on Darkness. Was weird about where the blue proc landed, but this worked twice in a row on V10, and then again on V15.

Sadly, but not surprisingly, after V15 clear, we do not have a V20 option. Augments unlocked up to R20 on V15 clear.
[+]
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-14 23:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps all t3 need to be cleared to v15 before they go higher?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-15 00:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
Perhaps all t3 need to be cleared to v15 before they go higher?
Possible, and we thought of the same possibility for Atonement II, but that one didn't pan out.

We're planning to branch out to other NMs now rather than farm RP on Kalunga, so maybe eventually we will find out.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-15 00:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Sadly, but not surprisingly, after V15 clear, we do not have a V20 option. Augments unlocked up to R20 on V15 clear.

Do you have V15 clears on all Atonement 2 NMs?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-15 00:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Do you have V15 clears on all Atonement 2 NMs?
Yes. We had to get V15 on all Atonement 2 before it would let us do any Atonement 3 at higher than V0.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-02-15 01:05:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Some thoughts on surviving Zisurru(fetter) spam as PLD. I mean, proc and prevent if you can, but living long enough to do so helps.

I've died quite suddenly to these a number of times. Sometimes they are quite harmless. Like here.
Code
[21:19:24]Zisurru hits Martel for 58 points of damage.
[21:19:25]Zisurru hits Martel for 58 points of damage.
[21:19:25]Zisurru hits Martel for 58 points of damage.

Other times they brutally destroy me before I can do anything about it.

After doing some digging through my logs I think I see what's going on.

Basically, every time I try to cast something while fetters are up, I get shredded cause I'm dropping like ~400 magic evasion going from Sakpata's to cure or phalanx, etc midcast gear. And trying to cure while your HP is low and the WHM is busy(either curing the other party members, or removing that brutal Burn effect) is a pretty normal reflex.

But the panic cure bomb was killing me in this case.

Some examples.
Code
[21:19:43]Martel starts casting Cure IV on Martel.
[21:19:43]Zisurru hits Martel for 649 points of damage.
[21:19:43]Martel was defeated by Zisurru.

I cast, I dead.

This next one is interesting cause you can see the dmg drop after the first hit, presumably once I got my idle gear back on after casting phalanx.
Code
[20:28:39]Martel starts casting Phalanx on Martel.
[20:28:40]Martel casts Phalanx.Martel gains the effect of Phalanx.
[20:28:40]Zisurru hits Martel for 1082 points of damage.
[20:28:41]Zisurru hits Martel for 82 points of damage.
[20:28:42]Zisurru hits Martel for 82 points of damage.
[20:28:43]Zisurru hits Martel for 67 points of damage.
[20:28:44]Arebati hits Martel for 0 points of damage.

And another Cure>Dead below.
Code
[22:43:21]Martel starts casting Cure IV on Rejiin.
[22:43:21]Martel's Stoneskin effect wears off.
[22:43:21]Zisurru hits Martel for 297 points of damage.
[22:43:22]Zisurru hits Martel for 747 points of damage.
[22:43:23]Zisurru hits Martel for 747 points of damage.
[22:43:23]Zisurru hits Luopan for 164 points of damage.
[22:43:24]Martel casts Cure IV.Rejiin recovers 193 HP.
[22:43:24]Zisurru hits Martel for 747 points of damage.
[22:43:24]Arduwyn starts casting Cure V on Martel.
[22:43:24]Zisurru hits Martel for 747 points of damage.
[22:43:24]Martel was defeated by Zisurru.

Another factor specific to Kalunga, is that he keeps me so busy rebuffing after full dispel that I often wasn't getting barfire back up. Probably a big deal for this.

Also, note. I used Aegis for most of these. So either these have truly ridiculous base dmg(7k+) or this is perhaps breath dmg.(Or weirdo DT ignoring dmg ala divergence wave3 mijin.) Considering that other non-Aegis party members weren't getting hit 7k, I suspect one of the latter two options. Should probably test somehow.

TLDR: Maintain high magic evasion during Fetter spam and you'll probably live. This means either, Not casting during fetter spam, or casting in meva hybrid casting sets with disgustingly low cure+/enmity/etc. And maybe pop a panacea for that DoT so the whm can focus on cures.

It's a bit interesting that they finally gave PLD top tier meva gear, and then immediately made sure you Neeeded it or you're dead. <,<
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-02-15 04:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume dispel is TP move?

BST
SMN
Tank
BRD
COR
WHM

SV carols + barfira + TP drainkiss + Mewing could completely shut down Kalunga then?
By zixxer 2021-02-15 05:00:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a bit interesting that they finally gave PLD top tier meva gear, and then immediately made sure you Neeeded or you're dead. <,<

This should be put on a shirt somewhere.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-15 13:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I'm 'late to the party' on this content, as I only started doing it this last update.

Here is what I know thus far about the T1s for anyone that cares:

Dealan-dhe (Twitherym)
  • Does nothing consequentially aggressive.

• Can use perfect dodge / invincible.

• Fairly weak.

Sgili (Umbril)
  • Spams an AoE 10 sec doom. (Can be removed with holy water after a few tries).

• Can use a potent paralyze.

• Can use a weak poison.

[+]
 Valefor.Worlace
Server: Valefor
user: Worlace
By Valefor.Worlace 2021-02-15 13:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Witnessed the Red proc for Xevioso and Kalunga go off for Light WS - which healed Kalunga. Specifically Radiance. Couldn't tell what it did though. Didn't remove aura, despawn fetters, or stop them from doing their signature TP moves.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-02-15 14:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone RP farming Ongo? Is a viable strat

RUN
SCH
GEO
BLM
BLM
WHM?

just SC + MB of scission, gambit/rayke etc

TIA
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-15 14:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't use black mage twice. You can replace it with RDM for Frazzle. Ninja might even work in that setup with the right buffs. PUP would work also
[+]
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-15 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't use black mage twice. You can replace it with RDM for Frazzle. Ninja might even work in that setup with the right buffs. PUP would work also

Smn might work too tbh. The pets can MB quite nicely.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-15 15:39:16
Link | Quote | Reply

hey that RDM if they're worth their salt brings more than just Frazzle to a burst strat, still has Ea+1 gear and natural T5 spells :)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-15 16:07:37
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
hey that RDM if they're worth their salt brings more than just Frazzle to a burst strat, still has Ea+1 gear and natural T5 spells :)

They are also really good at killing a blm's mb damage by sniping the first mb. Pass on that lol...

Agreed in a multi-BLM setup, no doubt. But in a two burster setup, they shouldn't be a problem in the least unless you've got one super slow BLM haha!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-15 16:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't really matter who screws up the damage of the next nuke, if you can even hit it. The lag in there is so bad, you can miss the window entirely, so it's probably better right now to have 2-3 nukers deal some damage than bank on 1 BLM possibly missing the window.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-02-15 16:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It won't really matter who screws up the damage of the next nuke, if you can even hit it. The lag in there is so bad, you can miss the window entirely, so it's probably better right now to have 2-3 nukers deal some damage than bank on 1 BLM possibly missing the window.

I was more worried about my SCH getting off the SC with the lag
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-15 16:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's a timed macro it will work. I was able to get off a SC+2 MBs on NIN just from muscle memory. It's actually harder since you can't predict if you hit 1k tp with the attack round, so a SCH forcing SC would be no issue.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-15 16:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Sgili (Umbril)
Spams an AoE 10 sec doom. (Can be removed with holy water after a few tries).

Can use a potent paralyze.

Can use a weak poison.

I updated the wiki with this information, but I couldn't see which SP Umbril uses due to lag. Did you catch which one(s) he can use?
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-15 16:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
Sgili (Umbril)
Spams an AoE 10 sec doom. (Can be removed with holy water after a few tries).

Can use a potent paralyze.

Can use a weak poison.

I updated the wiki with this information, but I couldn't see which SP Umbril uses due to lag. Did you catch which one(s) he can use?

I do not recall, sorry. :(

We went in sub-optimal as: Rdm, Pld, Drk, War, Thf, Blu.
So it was mostly a holy water spam-fest on our part lol.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-15 17:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's like Gogmagog, it might have multiple that it picks randomly between. Gogmagog can use Blood Weapon, Hundred Fists, or Mighty Strikes, but only uses one per fight.
By SimonSes 2021-02-15 19:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you discussing double BLM setup at all for Gaol, when you cant use the same job on more than one char? XD
By Guyford 2021-02-15 21:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mewing lullaby did not fully reset Mboze's tp. Was getting messages such as Mboze's tp is reduced to 490 or 571 or such. Managed to win conduiting mew at 50% with a SAM zerging. Setup was brd smn rdm sam with ygnas and monbereaux. It still got off a tp move during conduit but luckily it wasn't timber. Sam saved meditate and 1hrs for 50%, rdm dia 3 and was on standby with enaero to engage only if uproot got aura up or gravity if timber killed sam. Soul Voice songs and was a super fast fight.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-16 03:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Just soloed +15 umbril on RDM. Summoned trusts in order -sakura, matsui, Joachim, shantotto 2, monbereaux, then dismissed sakura. Fully buffed (enstone, barblizz, barpara) hit it with sab frazzle distract addle dia at start, then ran to distance and summoned EV so she would pull it away from other trusts. Monbereaux handled the doomga just fine and was out of doom range himself (I paid him the 100k). Fight lasted about 7 min alternating seraph blade and RLB letting matsui and shantotto burst. Unlocked rank 20 augments on SMN ammo.

I'll see if I can pop +20 umbril after fighting a different NM or 2 next time I go in, out of segments for now. Going to do +5 acuex/fluterini with crap trusts to see if that unlocks +5 on atonement 2 (I've done dullahan +10). Will also report rp->segment exchange rate.

I tried this method 3 times on Veng+10, using the exact same method explained here. Either you were very lucky or something I am doing wrong. It seems kind of unreliable, since you are depending on Monberaux to land the Holy Water and it depends on his position. Sometimes he would land it just fine, other times he did not after 5 uses. For some reason, AAEV ran in range and not pulled it away (even though I ran back like you mentioned and summoned her), so Monberaux got hit every time with doomga. He died very early on and then it became a mess afterwards. The lag just made it even worse. I would not really recommend this method as foolproof. I will have to think about another method where nobody else is in range. Might be able to solo it on BLU with just Mon

He uses Hundred Fists as one of his SPs.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 80 81 82 ... 237 238 239