The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 237 238 239
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 12:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
All I want to know is how you managed to not get any lag the entire fight.

I actually had a bit of it, for a good potion of the vid I'll hit ws macro, nothing will happen for 1 second, then tp will show that a ws has been used, then 2-3 seconds will pass, then the ws animation goes off. I just got used to it really, I hit the macro and just assume it's going to go off, definitely have to plan ahead on your actions haha. Really hope SE fixes it soon though as I know some are having far worse experiences.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-18 12:14:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is a very good clear. I will take your lag vs mine any day of the week. Hit macro. five seconds go by. I lose TP, but don't see WS. :/

Also, I noticed Xevioso didn't pop Fetter (I skipped through video, maybe I missed). What exactly stops him from using Fetter, since people are reporting its SC, but Evisceration makes no SC.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 12:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It is a very good clear. I will take your lag vs mine any day of the week. Hit macro. five seconds go by. I lose TP, but don't see WS. :/

Also, I noticed Xevioso didn't pop Fetter (I skipped through video, maybe I missed). What exactly stops him from using Fetter, since people are reporting its SC, but Evisceration makes no SC.

Thanks! To me it seems to be just the piercing damage that causes it (The mobs weakness). So my guess is people reporting that sc's help may be using a SC aligned with the weakness of that NM which would also work. There is an obvious trigger on Xevioso that he uses right before the fetter which causes knockback, I've learned that when that happens just charge back in and evis right away... normally works, sometimes it will still pop a fetter for a brief second before I get my second evis off and then it depops. This was seen on all 4 examples I don't believe it to be a fluke either. Hope this helps!
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 13:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The fetters start getting put up when the mob puts up their aura, which is triggered by a specific WS, and is the same mechanic as in the original versions. In this case, it got the aura and started popping fetters after it used Droning Whirlwind at 12:36. When the aura is active, the fetters pop after every TP move, but depop on their own after about 5 seconds (only to get put up again by the next TP move). The aura also unlocks their last TP move, which in Xevioso's case is Incisive Denouement. In Odyssey, they seem to gain access to the aura-spawning move at under 75%.

Getting rid of the aura requires getting a red proc and then a blue proc soon after. Looking at that video, there were several red procs that didn't lead to a blue proc, but you managed to get a blue proc at 13:05 with a Darkness SC (made from Evisceration > Vorpal Blade > Evisceration).

The red proc is harder to tell since there's no clear thing that jumps out whenever they happen, but my best guess would just be powerful piercing damage in general since you were doing that almost constantly.

Thus, my guess for proccing is:

Step 1: You get a red proc by hitting them with their damage type weakness (Piercing/Blunt/Slashing/Magic), which opens up the window for a blue proc.

Step 2: Within a time limit of 5-10 seconds after getting a red proc, you get a blue proc by hitting them with their elemental weakness (Wind/Fire/Earth/Water/Ice/Thunder), which dispels the aura and stops fetters from spawning.

If it's similar to how the auras work in Delve, higher damage = higher chance of proc.

If that's true, you got kind of lucky with the accidental 3-step SC you did with AAEV. The longer the aura stays up, the more and more fetters the NM pops with each TP move, so AAEV would likely have died if it had stayed up much longer.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 13:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The fetters start getting put up when the mob puts up their aura, which is triggered by a specific WS, and is the same mechanic as in the original versions. In this case, it got the aura and started popping fetters after it used Droning Whirlwind at 12:36. When the aura is active, the fetters pop after every TP move, but depop on their own after about 5 seconds (only to get put up again by the next TP move). The aura also unlocks their last TP move, which in Xevioso's case is Incisive Denouement. In Odyssey, they seem to gain access to the aura-spawning move at under 75%.

Getting rid of the aura requires getting a red proc and then a blue proc soon after. Looking at that video, there were several red procs that didn't lead to a blue one, but you managed to get a blue one at 13:05 with a Darkness SC (made from Evisceration > Vorpal Blade > Evisceration).

The red proc is harder to tell since there's no clear thing that jumps out whenever they happen, but my best guess would just be powerful piercing damage in general since you were doing that almost constantly.

Thus, my guess for proccing is:

Step 1: You get a red proc by hitting them with their damage type weakness (Piercing/Blunt/Slashing/Magic), which opens up the window for a blue proc.

Step 2: Within a time limit of 5-10 seconds after getting a red proc, you get a blue proc by hitting them with their elemental weakness (Wind/Fire/Earth/Water/Ice/Thunder), which dispels the aura and stops fetters from spawning.

If that's true, you got kind of lucky with the accidental 3-step SC you did with AAEV, haha. The longer the aura stays up, the more and more fetters the NM pops with each TP move, so AAEV would likely have died if it had stayed up much longer.

I see what your saying in that one example but I'm going off of all 4 of my examples. I just got through watching Attempt 3 and I blue proc right after the red proc by using nothing but evisceration. Now I haven't posted that example but if you look at my first and second runs which I did post it's the same thing. At 22:20 he does knock back, I charge back in and evis, he then does red proc, then fetter pops, I do evis again, blue proc, depop. To me this says Evis is what's depopping it, no? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fj_9oHCaLA&t=1340s
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 13:22:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. It is possible that it's the WS itself that is doing it, though I wouldn't have expected SE to make it so simple that it's the same method twice in a row.
By Guyford 2021-02-18 13:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Watch SE have snuck some kinda of time-based proc system like in abyssea or old dynamis
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 13:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. It is possible that it's the WS itself that is doing it, though I wouldn't have expected SE to make it so simple that it's the same method twice in a row.

I just watched it back and I think I have figured it out looking at the 4 examples I have to look at. In all 4 examples, the ability is used, I get pushed back and then no red proc occurs until the instant the hit it again with piericing, in some examples it's just a melee hit, in other examples it's evisceration but in each occurrence it's the use of evisceration after that first piercing hit that causes blue proc. In two of the examples I charge right back in and evisceration, causing red proc, then build up tp and evis again causing blue proc. In the other two, I put up shadows after knockback and in one example dont get back into melee range for as long as 10 seconds (attempt 1), it's not until the instant the I touch it with piercing that red !! appears... then next evis... causes blue... Using this train of thought, I should NOT be charging back in and using evisceration but instead charging back in and meleeing for a round, causing red !!, then evis, causing blue !! This is seen in all 4 examples. (3 of which are posted for people to see).

Even in the example you mention in run 4, watch THE LOG closely... once I'm pushed back I don't hit the bee at any point, all misess for a while, until 12:55 when red proc occurs. Then I eviseration and it causes blue proc. Now i'm lagging at that point in the run so that's why it's important you pay attention the log.

So to conclude, it's first doing the weakness type of damage to the mob (in any form, melee round works) then immediately doing a lot of damage with that same form (or another weakness possibly). This is confirmed in ALL 4 OF MY EXAMPLES! Just watch them back and you will see. (Can post 3rd example if needed)

Step 1: Special Ability is used, Red Proc window open.
Step 2: Hit it with a weakness for that mob in any form (melee rounds work) causes red !!.
Step 3: A spike in damage of that same form or another weakness immediately after will cause blue !! and make fetter not spawn or despawn.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-02-18 13:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I like what you are on to but I don't think this part is accurate. We tried the shark today with SAM and COR as the only DD. We got to the aura/fetter portion and Fudo spam continually proc'd Red, despite the shark heavily resisting slashing. We had absolutely no blunt damage which is his weakness.

That being said, we never saw any Blue procs.

Take that anecdotal evidence into account for future testing.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 13:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »

I like what you are on to but I don't think this part is accurate. We tried the shark today with SAM and COR as the only DD. We got to the aura/fetter portion and Fudo spam continually proc'd Red, despite the shark heavily resisting slashing. We had absolutely no blunt damage which is his weakness.

That being said, we never saw any Blue procs.

Take that anecdotal evidence into account for future testing.

Are you sure none of the weaponskills being used were elementally aligned with the mobs weakness? That would also trigger it is my guess.
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-02-18 13:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well we do know skillchains cause some procs Fudo spam would generate light scs if the cor was savage blade then there’d likely be a bunch of distortion going off. Was this proc you saw going off on the ws or after an sc
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 13:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fudo > Fudo makes Light, which would do Thunder damage on the shark. Elemental and damage type weaknesses might both work.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-02-18 14:03:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Red was triggering exclusively after light SC.

Perhaps we were hitting the elemental weakness with the light (generating a red) but failing to hit his physical weakness with blunt (thus failing to generate a blue).

So perhaps a MNK chaining Victory Smite/Shijin would hit both the red and blue naturally, thus preventing or at least disabling the aura in short order.

Then the bee, you would want some piercing boys to create a SC of whatever the hell element bztavians are weak too. Thunder? Ice?
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-18 14:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

any thoughts on the red proc being a "negative" proc that opens up the ability for fetters, and THEN a blue proc is needed to "fix" it?

Just got unlocks for Atonement 3 on V0 last night, and didnt' encounter fetters on those 3 runs, so no personal data to add yet.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 14:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
Red was triggering exclusively after light SC.

Perhaps we were hitting the elemental weakness with the light (generating a red) but failing to hit his physical weakness with blunt (thus failing to generate a blue).

So perhaps a MNK chaining Victory Smite/Shijin would hit both the red and blue naturally, thus preventing or at least disabling the aura in short order.

Then the bee, you would want some piercing boys to create a SC of whatever the hell element bztavians are weak too. Thunder? Ice?

You don't need to worry about sc's or mb's (though they will increase damage) Simply spamming piercing will work as I've shown in my examples if all your after is preventing fetters/aura.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 14:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
any thoughts on the red proc being a "negative" proc that opens up the ability for fetters, and THEN a blue proc is needed to "fix" it?

Just got unlocks for Atonement 3 on V0 last night, and didnt' encounter fetters on those 3 runs, so no personal data to add yet.

That is technically what it is, look a few post up. This is the process to remove aura/fetters.

Step 1: Special Ability is used, Red Proc window open.
Step 2: Hit it with a weakness for that mob in any form (melee rounds work) causes red !!.
Step 3: A spike in damage of that same form or another weakness immediately after will cause blue !! and make fetter not spawn or despawn.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 14:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

No. They start popping fetters as soon as they bring their aura up, which is triggered by a specific TP move. They will do it regardless of whether you get any red procs, but blue procs (which actually bring down the aura and thus prevent fetters) can only happen shortly after a red proc.

The mechanics of the fetters and auras are known; we just need to figure out the specific details of everything that causes the red and blue procs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-02-18 14:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No. They start popping fetters as soon as they bring their aura up, which is triggered by a specific TP move. They will do it regardless of whether you get any red procs, but blue procs (which actually bring down the aura and thus prevent fetters) can only happen shortly after a blue proc.

The mechanics of the fetters and auras are known; we just need to figure out the specific details of everything that causes the red and blue procs.

Thank you for clarification. I'm guessing the bolded part is meant to be "but blue procs (which actually bring down the aura and thus prevent fetters) can only happen shortly after a red proc"?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 14:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I fixed it.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 14:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone reported earlier in this threat that Ongo (the bird) was weak to magic, but I think that's probably wrong given this discussion. We were doing lots of magic damage via enspells and magic WSs (with no piercing damage), but the only procs we were getting were from Stone MBs.

Bird might just be weak to piercing, which would make the weaknesses 2:2:2 for slashing/blunt/piercing.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 14:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone reported earlier in this threat that Ongo (the bird) was weak to magic, but I think that's probably wrong given this discussion. We were doing lots of magic damage via enspells and magic WSs (with no piercing damage), but the only procs we were getting were from Stone MBs.

Bird might just be weak to piercing, which would make the weaknesses 2:2:2 for slashing/blunt/piercing.

This is correct, I reported this last week in my vid. All are weak to some form of magic 1:1:1:1:1:1 it seems and damage 2:2:2.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 14:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone was curious, the auras should be:

Onga (bird): Goes up after Crashing Thunder, unlocks Static Prison
Mboze (tree): Goes up after Uproot, unlocks Tiiimbeeer
Xevioso (bee): Goes up after Droning Whirlwind, unlocks Incisive Denouement
Ngai (shark): Goes up after Cacharian Verve, unlocks Marine Mayhem
Arebati (lion): Goes up after Polar Roar, unlocks Glassy Nova
Kalunga (dinosaur): Goes up after Blistering Roar, unlocks Incinerating Lahar
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 14:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Based on my expereince it doesn't unlock the use of any ability. In the case of Xevioso my examples show him using Incisive Denouement from the start to finish regardless of Aura being up and before red proc.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 14:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched the video and I didn't see any outside of aura (though I might have missed it). Are you mixing it up with Incisive Apotheosis?
By Guyford 2021-02-18 14:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I can state definitively Mboze can use timber anytime under 50%, regardless of aura. Also Arebati can use glassy nova regardless of aura.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-02-18 14:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, junk the "unlocks" part until we get further information, then. I know that in several long fights, Onga never used Static Prison unless its aura was up.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 14:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched the video and I didn't see any outside of aura (though I might have missed it). Are you mixing it up with Incisive Apotheosis?

If you look at my first attempt he uses it at 81% at 9:50. In my third attempt (not posted) he uses it at 83% before any aura's. Apotheosis he only uses at low hp so yea not talking about that one. https://youtu.be/-Fj_9oHCaLA

While you are there look at the best example of what I mean by Red proc being caused by melee damage, I get pushed back at 10:50 and dont hit him again until 11:08 when Red Proc occurs, this happens like this in all 4 of my examples. Using evis next would have caused blue proc but this was my first run and i hadn't learned that yet.
By Guyford 2021-02-18 14:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »

This is correct, I reported this last week in my vid. All are weak to some form of magic 1:1:1:1:1:1 it seems and damage 2:2:2.
No, this would make the damage weaknesses 3:2:1, since bee and lion are weak to piercing, shark is weak to blunt, and tree and trex are weak to slashing. That is unless someone misreported lion being weak to piercing and is instead weak to blunt.
 Phoenix.Logical
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-18 14:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Phoenix.Logical said: »

No, this would make the damage weaknesses 3:2:1, since bee and lion are weak to piercing, shark is weak to blunt, and tree and trex are weak to slashing. That is unless someone misreported lion being weak to piercing and is instead weak to blunt.

Please note I have ONLY done Xeivoso so far so can only speak for that. But what I have down is the bird is the other Blunt. The Waktza
First Page 2 3 ... 82 83 84 ... 237 238 239