The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 237 238 239
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-10 20:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, heres my small bit of info. I went in solo as whm just to get to the top, and finish the RoE.

There was a translocator on floor 5 out of the way. It said it was number 3. I did not find one on floor 7 after i finished my objective, nor did i see one on floor 6. Assuming they dont spawn randomly (heavy assumption so far), id assume there is one on floors 1, 3 and 5(I did not go back down to floor 3 to confirm if it was there or not, but if they dont spawn randomly, makes the most sense). There could still be one on every floor but only on certain runs, who knows.

Touching the one on 5 said i could now use it, and it would let me go back down to floor 1. Dont know if this is run specific, or floor saving for the future.
 Asura.Botosi
Server: Asura
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-10 21:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I’m staying away from this just like I’ve stayed away from DI. Just another shitty daily to waste your time on.

Why couldn’t they just give us a new Nyzul. Would’ve been infinitely more fun.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 21:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it new content though? Serious question. What's different than farming swarts? or heroism? or alex? or dynamis money? Nothing is locked. Nothing is accessed by killing specific mobs. No event specific drops. is that still content? is that how low you set the bar now?

It's kill Sweetwater trash mobs for detritus scales gil. it's a shittier omen, I think complaint is justified in that aspect.

Just giving Unity NPCs 60m for augments, 'yay new "content"'
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-03-10 21:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
You whine if they don't give you new content. You whine if they do. Why do you even play?

I only whine when they give us broken/content locked behind time gates. Honestly (and I’m definitely in the minority here) I think this game has TOO MUCH content.

I barely get to play and there’s way too much stuff in this game to be able to “complete” it unless you buy gil or have no life. I’d be perfectly fine with them never adding new content again and just adding QoL adjustments. I’d just enjoy my dynam/ambu/omen.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-10 21:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Emp +2/3 will never be released. Either they will refuse to do it for 'balance' reasons, or the game will finally shutdown before they actually do it.

Yeah, they have no development team. I'm much rather have good content every 2-3 months, than rehashed or poorly implemented content every month, or straight up slaps in the face, looking at you job 'updates.'
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-10 21:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Loynis said: »
Emp +2/3 will never be released. Either they will refuse to do it for 'balance' reasons, or the game will finally shutdown before they actually do it.

Yeah, they have no development team. I'm much rather have good content every 2-3 months, than rehashed or poorly implemented content every month, or straight up slaps in the face, looking at you job 'updates.'

Most of the underperforming jobs got massively fixed with the job updates.... i cant think of a single reason to complain about them unless youre a ranger bow main.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 21:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

The ones they actually tried on were well done. enspells drg and mnk(technically wasn't a job update but acc cap and ws update combination) ((pup got an ok pupdate, but its still quite a way from where it could reasonably be))

The problems aren't jobs need updates, the game fundamentals do.

Enmity is still screwed up, power creep is totally ***, elemental magic is back where it was in 2010, magic ws are imbalanced (not only compared to actual magic but physical damage too) theres nothing to do but gain money (not just Gain-Money), but nothing to spend gained money on. (oh more shiney ***to collect dust in your MH)
[+]
 Fenrir.Loynis
Server: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Loynis 2020-03-10 21:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG, I think MNK, I mean, I guess you can toss DRK in there with their sycthe adjustments, only because I can't remember if that put any scythe WS on the level of Torcleaver. PLD, NIN, BST, DRK (because they didn't really get anything), BLM? They didn't really fix most of them, hell they haven't even touched most of them yet, assuming they continue the adjustments next month, I wonder what the next job they'll fix break. There are still jobs that are broken, that really shouldn't be. As I said in the PLD thread, they have had YEARS, to fix these jobs, and the simply refuse to.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
the game fundamentals do.

Enmity is still screwed up

I've played solo so much I've mostly forgotten they screwed enmity calculations up.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-10 22:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Loynis said: »
DRG, I think MNK, I mean, I guess you can toss DRK in there with their sycthe adjustments, only because I can't remember if that put any scythe WS on the level of Torcleaver. PLD, NIN, BST, DRK (because they didn't really get anything), BLM? They didn't really fix most of them, hell they haven't even touched most of them yet, assuming they continue the adjustments next month, I wonder what the next job they'll fix break. There are still jobs that are broken, that really shouldn't be. As I said in the PLD thread, they have had YEARS, to fix these jobs, and the simply refuse to.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
the game fundamentals do.

Enmity is still screwed up

I've played solo so much I've mostly forgotten they screwed enmity calculations up.

PLD was one of the best improvements of all the job updates, by far.

MNK finally got a reason to use their WSs and not be considered trash because no one cares about white damage or subtle blow anymore

DNC got a massive utility boost

DRG got a massive tpgen boost and is now king of solo skillchains

SCH got a pretty great boost to its mana efficiency both sub and main, and the buffs to pld directly buffed every single non whm healer

RDM got the pld buffs so it can be used as a main healer now, as well as removed the ties to its merit points to important spells. It now has full access to everything it needs, and is king of enfeebles again. It is now a top tier support/healer and can compete with bard/geo/cor for the support slot.

And thats only 6 of the jobs that were updated, directly or indirectly.
By Viciouss 2020-03-10 22:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Our group had 2 people get stuck on floor 2, 1 on floor 5. No anchor or anything.
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-03-10 22:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We had people getting stuck on various floors. I took my main up to floor 5, on floors 4 and 5 both I seen no mobs anywhere.

Also to pop NM's, we traded 5 valkrum emperor wings and a fly nm popped which dropped a box.

Edit: also might be worth mentioning we popped nm on floor 1, we all went to floor 2 together, afterwards it was random locations. Not sure if popping a nm effects anything for certain or not.
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-10 22:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »

MNK finally got a reason to use their WSs and not be considered trash because no one cares about white damage or subtle blow anymore

SCH got a pretty great boost to its mana efficiency both sub and main, and the buffs to pld directly buffed every single non whm healer

RDM got the pld buffs so it can be used as a main healer now, as well as removed the ties to its merit points to important spells. It now has full access to everything it needs, and is king of enfeebles again. It is now a top tier support/healer and can compete with bard/geo/cor for the support slot.

Aren't you that same guy who thought RUN was a bad tank because it didn't wear heavy armor?

PLD is not fixed, not even close. SCH got next to nothing. DNC got an alright utility boost that next to no one uses. DRG's big update wasn't the jump CD separation it was the WSD and wyvern effect buff. RDM isn't competing with those supports its used alongside them, and the major RDM buffs have been a windfall of amazing gear and the composure and saboteur changes.

You probably shouldn't post about jobs.
[+]
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2020-03-10 23:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Caerda said: »
You whine if they don't give you new content. You whine if they do. Why do you even play?

It's Eiryl. He hates this game and is bored to death by it but for some unimaginable reason he still is compelled to comment on every single forum topic just to give his shitty regards because from the only thing I can think of is that this is still the best thing in his life no matter how meaningless it is to him.

Just thinking that is how I manage to get through these forums seeing his sewage posted on every page.

Give the guy a break, eh?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-03-10 23:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It actually wasn't in response to me, so, yeah

Can't whine about content when it's not even "content", there's absolutely nothing about odyssey that qualifies as "content"
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-10 23:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Friedrik said: »

Aren't you that same guy who thought RUN was a bad tank because it didn't wear heavy armor?

PLD is not fixed, not even close. SCH got next to nothing. DNC got an alright utility boost that next to no one uses. DRG's big update wasn't the jump CD separation it was the WSD and wyvern effect buff. RDM isn't competing with those supports its used alongside them, and the major RDM buffs have been a windfall of amazing gear and the composure and saboteur changes.

And youre the type of person this post is aimed at. These were far larger buffs and changes than people get. Which is why players arent in charge of game design; none of you know jack ***.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-10 23:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

And youre the type of person this post is aimed at. These were far larger buffs and changes than people get. Which is why players arent in charge of game design; none of you know jack ***.
By Draylo 2020-03-11 00:15:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Clearly the DEV team needs to hire someone important like you
[+]
By Weeew 2020-03-11 00:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Weeew said: »
Went solo COR + Trusts. Leaden Salute all the things.

Cleared the entire first floor + 1 group on the second floor. Used my first 10 izzat to spawn a nm Goobbue only dropped 1 scale box. Used my second 10 izzat to open a treasure box and got 2 scale boxes + 1 single scale. Total 124 scales. TH4 seemed to make a diff.

The nm Goobbue 1-shot August but it died in 4 x leaden salute.

I am guessing the nm's have a small chance to drop the Larger scale boxes or else they would be pointless to kill since there are enough boxes to use your izzat on and based on people's reports they can drop 1-3 of the smaller boxes.

I'm currently thinking doing that or solo on THF.
It looks like 1 scale is Very common drop, but you can get 2 scales from one mob too. I wonder how much better would be TH8-9 over th4 to proc that additional scale.

Ideally my plan would be to kill 3 feathers + mobs around them to get 36 Izzat, then 2 more easy families of mobs to get 4 more Izzat and open 4 chests total.

I think just once I saw 3 scales drop from a trash mob.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-11 00:30:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »

Clearly the DEV team needs to hire someone important like you

Better than someone that thinks the changes to PLD werent gamechanging and completely shaking up meta comps and what can realistically be run simply by having whm no longer be mandatory.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-03-11 00:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Better than someone that thinks the changes to PLD werent gamechanging and completely shaking up meta comps and what can realistically be run simply by having whm no longer be mandatory.

A cute theory, except PLD's m.eva is ***and most meaningful AOE come with status effects. Let's just ditch our whm and rely on cure4-ga from the guy who's going to be standing in aoe stun/petrify/terror/para/silenced. Which, by the way, has to be removed mostly one character at a time because you didn't want a yagrush WHM.

It's a niche patch that allows pld to function with rdm healer in a few very specific bits of content. RUN going hybrid is still offering more than using rdm over whm ever will on weaker foes, and defensive RUN has far more sturdiness for fights that are more threatening.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-11 01:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

A cute theory, except PLD's m.eva is ***and most meaningful AOE come with status effects. Let's just ditch our whm and rely on cure4-ga from the guy who's going to be standing in aoe stun/petrify/terror/para/silenced. Which, by the way, has to be removed mostly one character at a time because you didn't want a yagrush WHM.

It's a niche patch that allows pld to function with rdm healer in a few very specific bits of content. RUN going hybrid is still offering more than using rdm over whm ever will on weaker foes, and defensive RUN has far more sturdiness for fights that are more threatening.

You still have a rdm or sch who is capable of handling most cures if need be, however now that pld has the utility to main heal when it is able to (and it almost always will be able to), you can have a sch or rdm doing other things besides healing, something whm is largely unable to do. Not to mention most statuses can just be removed via medicine. Gil isnt an issue anymore, so DDs can just spam remedies and panacea all day. But even without them; a rdm can usually handle a couple of DDs that need removal, and SCH can remove more than a whm usually until they have mythic (mythics are a terrible argument to use, as you dont balance around top tier gear. If everyone has it, its no longer really a top tier thing) Usually meds will go off well before a whm is able to respond anyway.

If you think RUN is more sturdy than a pld... youre just off your rocker.
By cuddlyhamster 2020-03-11 01:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

(mythics are a terrible argument to use, as you dont balance around top tier gear. If everyone has it, its no longer really a top tier thing)

I always assume everyone has top-tier gear. there is no reason to compare different jobs without assuming they have everything at their disposal. saying that yagrush is a bad argument is comparable to a sch being only a dark art sch and choosing not to cure. which they can, and do.

everyone having top tier does not magically make them stop being top tier. i wish my onion rod was also a top tier mythic yagrush
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2020-03-11 01:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy is either a troll or straight up HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE; it's almost like he isn't playing the same game we are.

Quote:
Gil isnt an issue anymore

Quote:
mythics are a terrible argument to use

Pick one
[+]
By cuddlyhamster 2020-03-11 01:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried to do RoE today, Lost the whm on the third floor and couldnt get the warp point thing. clicking on it did nothing. the tank got stuck on the fourth floor, blu and geo on the fifth. rdm and brd got to the last one, i think, and conflux did nothing. no way to go back down so gained nothing from the whole run.

btw, which floors has the warp points?

Edit: no anchor or fastcs
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-11 01:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

cuddlyhamster said: »
I always assume everyone has top-tier gear. there is no reason to compare different jobs without assuming they have everything at their disposal. saying that yagrush is a bad argument is comparable to a sch being only a dark art sch and choosing not to cure. which they can, and do.

Game designers do not design around BiS gear for content. There is no argument to be made for or against yagrush whm; at that point you could literally put any healer into the healer slot and it would make 0 difference to the outcome because everyone has BiS gear.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2020-03-11 01:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy is either a troll or straight up HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE; it's almost like he isn't playing the same game we are.

Quote:
Gil isnt an issue anymore

Quote:
mythics are a terrible argument to use

Pick one

Dont need to. One is ~50k at most. The other is a couple hundred mil at cheapest + massive time sink + availability wait. Most people just arent going to have a mythic, and if they do, its not going to be for literally every job at their disposal.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 237 238 239