remember that we've had trust HP bonus all month
 Shiva.Znitch
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-08-27 12:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
have you dropped beastmen which are still ghostly?
I've been able to lose ghostly Antican and Sahagin with flee and movement speed, but Tonberries follow me until I die no matter what.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2020-08-27 13:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Znitch said: »
I've been able to lose ghostly Antican and Sahagin with flee and movement speed, but Tonberries follow me until I die no matter what.
thank you.

it was tonberries.
By snakeplisken 2020-08-27 14:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder if clearing tonberry hate would affect this
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-27 14:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably the super rare tracks by scent. All the mobs in there have atypical detection. Nothing to do with damage mechanics (tonberry hate).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2020-08-27 15:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't able to drop aggro from all of them the first couple of times I tried to flee. However, I started using deodorize after I ran a considerable distance and they actually didn't follow. So maybe their smell doesn't bypass deodorize the same way true sight/hearing does.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-08-27 15:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Having Khim in the pic for the next update makes me kinda hope there are actual bosses to this content that might actually drop stuff.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-27 16:00:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't count on it. It's likely just more of the same.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-08-27 16:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Wouldn't count on it. It's likely just more of the same.

I expect the worst and hope for the best. Always disappointed.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-27 16:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

There could always be a 'super baddie' at the end (after C) that requires MM 10+ from each zone and 99 scales 99 hides and 99 "new items" as entry.

A super zilant or shinryu

(they could also retro-add super bosses into ABC)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-27 16:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that Khim should be Shedu's Odyssey version.

But thinking about that, just imagine going there and poping Tumults Curator Odyssey version and grinding it with trusts.

I do think odyssey NMs are stronger than UNM so i guess it will be a challenge ranking up your MM with this dude right there.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-27 16:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It seems unreasonable to add tumult as random pop, even as a force pop, there really isn't many/any blood out there to use and you can only pull 10 a week from points.

Can it even be done with 6 without conduit
By Pantafernando 2020-08-27 16:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Giving people reason to redo old content is one of the greatest SE strategy to trap players into FFXI.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-27 16:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

But thats the thing there is no point. Has no drops, unlocks nothing, and MM is largely a joke in the first place.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-27 16:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

IBF4 all lv135+ UNM drops augments are just unlocked after 50x kills on Tumult V2.

After all, with less NM than Sheol A and B, they need to compensate it with more repeats.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Server: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2020-08-27 16:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if completing new missions and quests will grant key items that allow you to hold more moglophones?
By Taint 2020-08-27 16:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

SE will troll us all:

MM45 unlocks Cornelia Trust.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-27 16:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dont ask that, they gonna add it as a reward for 100000 deeds of heroism
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-27 19:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I do think odyssey NMs are stronger than UNM so i guess it will be a challenge ranking up your MM with this dude right there.
A lot of the Odyssey NMs are easier than their UNM counterparts.

Most Unity NMs have widely varying stats, unique patterns, and special abilities that only they have. In comparison, Odyssey NMs are just generic versions of that mob family with an SP and that Sheol's gimmick tacked on. For example, compare Glazemane and his Odyssey counterpart.

Glazemane has decent stats, counters all magic damage with scripted Riddle and overpowered (10k+) Heat Breath, gains attack over time, uses Mighty Strikes multiple times, and can be blue procced to weaken him.

Chnubis is just a standard Manticore with Invincible, but with Sheol B's gimmick of popping 2 adds and gaining a stat buff while they're alive.

Or take Tiyanak; he's deadly to most jobs, attacking crazy fast with a powerful Endark, and is able to cast Dread Spikes. Leucippe, his Odyssey counterpart, is just a generic, uninteresting bat with Perfect Dodge and an attack down aura added to it.

Tumult Creator's counterpart is just going to be a single form Dvergr with Sheol C's gimmick added on top. It's probably going to have respectible stats given it's the third area, but it's not even going to be remotely close to as hard as TC.
[+]
By Mrgrim 2020-08-27 21:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It seems unreasonable to add tumult as random pop, even as a force pop, there really isn't many/any blood out there to use and you can only pull 10 a week from points.

Can it even be done with 6 without conduit

Nah, as soon as it hits 75% it'll pop astral flows and you will be hit by 8 different avatars which will kill all the ramuhs, and if they bring it down low enough, he gonna do another astral flow again lol. I know Ejiin has zerged it down with yaegasumi up since it apparently nullifies avatar's astral flow moves. I've killed with 7 with my monk, but I bring a rune fencer to reduce the astral flows with 1 4 all. Also you just reminded my I got to pop 20 tumult coffers!
 Shiva.Znitch
user: znitch
By Shiva.Znitch 2020-08-27 23:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
SE will troll us all:

MM45 unlocks Cornelia Trust.

I'm holding out for Sheol D: the final zone with CL145 versions of the Unity mobs we aren't expecting: Hugemaw Harold, Sleepy Mabel and the other level 75/99 mobs. Everyone's gonna be running around in Perle/Teal/Aurore gear again!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-03 01:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I think Evil Weapons aggroing low HP was either a bug that they recently patched or they only aggro on certain floors. Was on floor 1 close to one with yellow HP and none of the Evil Weapons aggroed me. Didn't test on Ghouls.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-09-03 02:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that was the bug they fixed, I feel like it was indirectly mentioned in the notes.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-09-03 03:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I see it now, it was listed in the bottom and I missed it.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-09-03 04:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

btw I got mastery 6 in B on what seemed to be the 3rd NM with at least 3 repeat kills (got mastery on 3rd repeat kills of a NM and had another one at 4 repeats and another at 6 repeats plus almost all other ones at 1 kill), and didn't get another mastery level for soloing all 27 unique NMs in B at least once.
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2020-09-04 11:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have finally finished covering all 27 NM's in Sheol B on my channel. If anyone is having trouble with a specific NM be sure to check my channel for some suggestions. Here is the final one. Onto Sheol C!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-09-04 16:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Logical said: »
I have finally finished covering all 27 NM's in Sheol B on my channel. If anyone is having trouble with a specific NM be sure to check my channel for some suggestions. Here is the final one. Onto Sheol C!!!

YouTube Video Placeholder
I second the point about charm for gravehunter, I've resisted it before in the right gear but if it hits you while in ws gear you're in trouble:

An interesting thing is if it summons the 2 adds and gains that very strong regen (seems to be up to 2% a second?) and then the adds despawn because you or someone else or a pet die, he gets to keep that regen which makes it way harder to recover.

I mention this since someone earlier mentioned BST could let the pet die to make adds despawn but for NMs like this it's actually not a good thing, you want to defeat them to remove the regen or it stays on and can recover 15% hp in the time it takes you to make a skillchain.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-09-04 21:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

do thief's tools pop more mimics than living keys or just require more keys to get the result?
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 238 239 240