Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Shinjobi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Shini
By Asura.Shinjobi 2020-06-14 18:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Any recomendations for fighting mimics? Their stun spam just drags things out every time I have one pop.
 Asura.Valeena
user: Valena
By Asura.Valeena 2020-06-14 19:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Barthundra and Lightning Carol.
A DRK will have some /ja against arcana mobs that can help speed up things. Physical damage all the way.

That's with a group though. Solo, there was a strategy some pages ago with a THF using perfect Dodge and 2 trusts tank that can hold the mimic while you go die 30' farther.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-06-14 20:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Malignance set will give a large evasion from the stun, but it won't do anything for your trusts. MM seems to do next to nothing for it. When I key farm on THF, I often resist the Death Trap a few times using 5/5 malignance. Of course, a GEO with attunement or vex is going to help out a ton.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2020-06-17 11:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So, how much clean cash have you guys been neting in Odyssey per run?
By Shichishito 2020-06-27 05:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

only did like 2 or 3 runs, one of them just sneaking thru to last floor. on my last run i got a regular (between 10-20 scales) box and maybe 27 singles. so solo maybe a little less than 1 mil worth of scales. i didn't tag all mobs with TH4, just a few of them. it doesn't seem to be like dynamis where the difference between proc + TH tag and no th/proc is night and day but i could be wrong due to small test sample.

since everyone gets their own izzat count i assume with a good group and a lot of coordination it could be more but also less if ppl don't know what they are doing. hard to tell without trying.
By SimonSes 2020-06-27 07:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not your own izzat count. Its group izzat count. If someone open the chest, izzat is gone for everyone.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-27 10:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing it non-THF method, I average about 200 scales, with a record of 256. I have maxed chest and coffer discounts, though.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-27 14:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Doing it non-THF method, I average about 200 scales, with a record of 256. I have maxed chest and coffer discounts, though.

How many floors are you clearing?

I'm clearing all of floor 1 and half of floor 2 w TH4, opening almost all chests, killing 1-2 NMs per run, and I only average ~150-ish, with high in the low 200s. The runs I do where most of the chests are 3-scale seem to happen too damned often.
By Shichishito 2020-06-27 14:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

if you kill one of those glowy things that make beastmen target able, do you ignore the beastmen if possible or kill them all? i don't remember if they dropped scales.
By SimonSes 2020-06-27 15:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You need to kill them if you want 10 izzat reward.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-27 16:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

How many floors are you clearing?

I'm clearing all of floor 1 and half of floor 2 w TH4, opening almost all chests, killing 1-2 NMs per run, and I only average ~150-ish, with high in the low 200s. The runs I do where most of the chests are 3-scale seem to happen too damned often.
I first teleport to floor 3, do the beastmen node there, then go to floor 1 and mostly clear that floor until I have enough izzat. I open either 1 chest, 1 coffer, and 1 aurum (if aurum pops on first coffer) or 3 chests and 2 coffers (if aurum doesn't pop on first coffer), and I usually fit in 1-2 NMs at the end.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-06-27 17:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think most people still not aware that getting 50 chest open not only lower the cost of opening it with izzqt but also drastically increase the chance of coffer to spawn. Same for 50 coffer drastically increasing chance for Aurum to spawn. I would say its like 90%+ for coffer to spawn and around 60% for Aurum to spawn (maybe more).
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2020-06-27 19:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

does anyone know if using izzat to spawn NMs lowers the cost to spawn NMs like it does for chests? either way it seems like a waste unless you key open chests and use izzat for NMs in a group.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2020-06-27 20:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I first teleport to floor 3, do the beastmen node there, then go to floor 1 and mostly clear that floor until I have enough izzat. I open either 1 chest, 1 coffer, and 1 aurum (if aurum pops on first coffer) or 3 chests and 2 coffers (if aurum doesn't pop on first coffer), and I usually fit in 1-2 NMs at the end.

Oh smart idea jumping to 3 then jumping back down to 1. I'll give it a try next time.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-06-27 20:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Ticktick said: »
does anyone know if using izzat to spawn NMs lowers the cost to spawn NMs like it does for chests? either way it seems like a waste unless you key open chests and use izzat for NMs in a group.
It doesn't, no.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-07-03 10:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hit MMXV upon opening my 16th Aurum Strongbox.

Nostos: 8513
Tipuli: 10
Brachys: 6
Dione: 7
Gloios: 10
Damysus: 7
Aegypius: 7
Salmandra: 7
Ailuros: 7
Megaera: 36
Eurytus: 7
Harpe: 10
Kusarikku: 10
Leucippe: 6
Cynara: 7
Ptelea: 10
Physis: 10
Chests: 188
Coffers: 81
Aurum Strongboxes: 16
By Shichishito 2020-07-05 04:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Next up is an expansion to our latest battle content, Odyssey. Sheol B will be added to the game, and even more equipment will be able to be reforged. The foes found within this new Sheol are stronger than in the previous, so be sure to take full advantage of your Moogle Mastery before setting foot in this ethereal realm.

Tokyo is now fully within the grasp of the rainy season, with muggy days being the norm. Sleeping at night can be a bit of a struggle without air conditioning
ofc we have to grind shoel A for moogle mastery to do good in shoel B cause matsui can't sleep well...
By SimonSes 2020-07-05 05:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Or maybe because its one event divided to parts and it was kinda obvious it will be connected.. we get Aeonic by just killing Reisenjima and Empy just by getting items from last abyssea expension right?

Or more suited without sarcasm. We have easier life in next abyssea zones getting atmas fron previous. We have easier time in next escha zones getting vorseals from previous. Its kinda obvious.
[+]
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2020-07-05 07:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Have we even found out what moogle mastery does? Is it even a noticeable different between lvl 1 and lvl 15?

Does it only help trusts? If so, they almost make it seem like odyssey is more of a solo event.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-05 07:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
Quote:
Next up is an expansion to our latest battle content, Odyssey. Sheol B will be added to the game, and even more equipment will be able to be reforged. The foes found within this new Sheol are stronger than in the previous, so be sure to take full advantage of your Moogle Mastery before setting foot in this ethereal realm.

Tokyo is now fully within the grasp of the rainy season, with muggy days being the norm. Sleeping at night can be a bit of a struggle without air conditioning
ofc we have to grind shoel A for moogle mastery to do good in shoel B cause matsui can't sleep well...

If you enter Odyssey with a real group you don't need moogle mastery at all.

How can people still be confused with the purpose of moogle mastery at this point? It's clearly designed to assist people without access to groups or multiple accounts to still make progress with trust magic. If you don't need to use trusts, obviously real players would be better suited for it. It's really just an alternative path to completing goals solo, easier.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-05 09:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Shichishito said: »
Quote:

If you enter Odyssey with a real group you don't need moogle mastery at all.

How can people still be confused with the purpose of moogle mastery at this point? It's clearly designed to assist people without access to groups or multiple accounts to still make progress with trust magic. If you don't need to use trusts, obviously real players would be better suited for it. It's really just an alternative path to completing goals solo, easier.

Its like this today but none knows if this gonna have another effect later on.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-05 09:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the same old formula, like it was with coalition imprimateur, heroism deeds.

People just ignore till boom, its the time gate behind game broken toys.
By Pantafernando 2020-07-05 09:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus, whats the point to farm it just for scales when you can just buy it, and suposelly can have better cash sources? There is just the MM raising.

This should be all about Sheol A.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-05 09:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Even accidentally and casually participating in Odyssey in groups focusing on nothing in particular, you would inevitably level moogle mastery. I don't foresee it locking anything out right away, but I know how they operate so I wouldn't bet against it. However, the fact that you can "enter once and buy the gear" is irrelevant. Someone has to be doing the content for there to be a supply, because if everyone took this approach there would be no supply or inordinate prices. SE does not design things with price in mind. It's always about progressive content. If people choose to ignore the content and just grab the rewards, that's fine too. Some people have more money than time so it makes sense for them to do that. For anyone else, it's certainly not a waste of time.

Perhaps they go back and retroactively add new Odyssey rewards to bosses, or at least in the new zone, separate from unity upgraded gear.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-07-05 09:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Perhaps they go back and retroactively add new Odyssey rewards to bosses, or at least in the new zone, separate from unity upgraded gear.
That's possibly the plan.
Either they're going to add unique gear to the preexisting NMs; or they're going to add unique gear from a "Path D".

Either way, they've already said that Odyssey is going to have drops more than scales in the future.

EDIT: They could also add drop items to the current NMs that then can pop the gear NMs. There's multiple ways they can add the promised gear.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-05 09:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It just makes sense for them to add non unity linked gear to Odyssey. Many of the NMs are interesting and fun battles, and there is a strange beastmen boss at the end that presumably does nothing (not sure if anyone has tried killing this multiple times for another MM unlock). Too many things in Odyssey simply don't make sense from a current perspective so it's clear they are going to add these areas we've mentioned in the future.

I also don't think path A is totally finished either once B arrives. Instead of points or scales, I like the idea that popping NMs drops specific new gear, with higher rate or rarer dops from the higher floors. It would be similar to HTBF fights where higher difficulties have higher chance to drop better items. This would be good for stronger groups who could handle the level creep, but would not lock out beginners or solo players from farming it on lower Floors
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-05 09:58:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently, as i just started and im enjoying the content, the only complain is about those limited 30 mins. A lot of it is already wasted on running in those zones.

Though im sure for people who have been spamming it for the last 3 months they would be happy already its just 30 mins. Like dynamis div, too short time when you want to do something relevant, too large when you just have it as a daily boring grind.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-07-05 10:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
the only complain is about those limited 30 mins. A lot of it is already wasted on running in those zones.

I expect them to add 1-2 more storable key items for entry for this, the more zones that open up. Similar to Omen. I don't think they extend time in zone because the izzat function is supposed to be time intensive decision making, where you spend it before you are kicked out. I like it being 30 minutes in some cases because it's wish enough to get it done and return to my daily stuff. I don't like it being 30 minutes sometimes because when I'm getting a good farming run, I kind of don't want it to end so fast. XD
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 237 238 239