Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 238 239 240
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-30 11:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think nerfing Naegling into an Eletta weapon would go over too well.
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-30 11:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd still be better than any of the final pulse weapons whose WSs suck even with the weapon buffs, because base Savage is still amazing and allowing jobs like RUN to use it is a powerful effect.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-30 11:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't have to nerf it into an Eletta weapon. Give it a new bonus that's less busted. The Savage Blade+15% isn't the game breaking part, it's the fact that you can stack the ***out of useless buffs to get 40% attack on WS on top of an already strong weapon.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-06-30 11:58:54
Link | Quote | Reply

We should nerf all the weapons so they suck for perfect balance.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-06-30 12:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

joemamma said: »
We should nerf all the weapons so they suck for perfect balance.

Are we seriously going to let fonewear keep making new accounts?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-30 12:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Don't have to nerf it into an Eletta weapon. Give it a new bonus that's less busted. The Savage Blade+15% isn't the game breaking part, it's the fact that you can stack the ***out of useless buffs to get 40% attack on WS on top of an already strong weapon.

I was responding to Geriond who then doubled down, but do go on.

Geriond said:
because base Savage is still amazing and allowing jobs like RUN to use it is a powerful effect.

????
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2021-06-30 12:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just cap the number of buffs it considers to like 15 or something, it's not that complicated.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-06-30 12:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Removing the damage bonus and attack buff based on buffs would be a good start. Losing 30-40% attack would be pretty huge on any mob that nerfs geo bubbles.

Outside of that, I think TP Bonus on weapons should apply only to that specific weapon (or at least make it so normal weapons and ranged weapons don't give TP bonus to each other if you want to keep stuff like Thibron).

It needs some savage damage bonus, otherwise it would have no sense among Ambuscade weapons. You can also take bonus attack, but it would need something else instead and knowing SE they would broke it even more. Just nerf Savage Blade itself really.

EDIT: I like Kyte idea of just limiting bonus attack to some number of buffs. Thats said I dont remember anyone checking if such limit doesnt already exist.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-06-30 12:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they should make Savage Blade more powerful so you nerds can complain more.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-06-30 13:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Geriond said:
because base Savage is still amazing and allowing jobs like RUN to use it is a powerful effect.

????
Sorry, misremembered the job list on Savage. Change the job to DRG and my point stands.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-30 13:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean the weapon itself isn't that obscene it's how it's used.

Just use the repeated ws nerf. It's so simple and obvious and necessary.

Fixes all the problems (and future problems), instead of nerfing naegling and everyone moves to dolichenus/SO/tauret.

it doesn't matter if savage blade does 99k damage. it matters if 5 characters can all use it and all do 99k damage. It even "fixes" the JP bots by nerfing jinpu. 2Birds 1Nerf.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2021-06-30 13:31:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I do think Savage is a bit over-used right now, the fTP anchor at 2K is kind of a bit ridiculous. With how much WSD they've released over the past few years, it's become a matter of equipping Naegling, holding to 2K or using TP Bonus to get there quicker, then spamming savage.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-06-30 13:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what fixes all of this??

New content that is not “zerg-able” with Savage Blade or any WS...

If they didn’t make Bumba V15 or most of these V15s that are WS spammable such a pushover (minus Mboze V15 and Ongo V15) or had Bumba V15 activate Fetter spam way earlier and/or make him use more TP moves that are devastating if you Zerg him faster, then none of you guys would be complaining about Savage Blade..

But what’s funny is most people talking here exploited Savage Blade to get their Nyame R20 and didn’t really complain as much then when they needed it’s power to cap their RP.. lol

I’m not blaming the WS I’m focused on SE trying to get something right with content not as cancerous as Mboze V15 but also not as easily exploited like Bumba V15.. I liked how Ongo V15 fight experience was, it’s pretty balanced and requires/forces use of fun mechanics and team coordination skillchaining and MB.. Also V15 Arebati was pretty fun and balanced as well for the 15 minute time lock, although it was a "zerg" you still experienced the Fetters without the cancer that Mboze unleashes.. Unless you tell Mboze V15 to STFU with the TP-Inhibition Strategy that I wrote on Page 139 of this thread..

Creating content that can’t be exploited with any over powered WS can help resolve this issue rather than constantly nerfing or boosting weaponskills over and over... It’s chronic dev team development perspective issue combating this complex problem.. That’s just my approach though.. or you can keep nerfing and boosting for the rest of your career..and waste critical resources and call it “routine balancing” it’s going to be an infinite cycle...lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-30 13:51:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It also makes the barrier for entry incredibly low (not necessarily a bad thing). WAR with Sakpata 5/5, Naegling (Kaja is sufficient), and Blurred Shield can basically fill the role of DD in any scenario. Warcry, more busted DPS. Throw a rock in any direction and you will be able to find a random Savage Blade/Sakpata Warrior that puts out efficient DPS without even trying. I haven't see a more lazier/busted combination of easy mode DD since the Hagun TP Bonus Samurai days.

A "Repeat-WS" nerf mechanic would be an interesting way of forcing every melee off of their favorite WS. Torcleaver, Expiacion, Savage Blade, Upheaval, Victory Smite, Last Stand, Tachi: Fudo. If you are the only DD in a situation, then weapon choice/TP frequency becomes part of the discussion and strategy. It would indirectly force people to play different jobs, or at least using different weapons(skills). They could easily implement this in the new HTBF coming up next month, as a test-pilot to see how it affects the meta.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-06-30 13:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-30 14:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Just use the repeated ws nerf. It's so simple and obvious and necessary.
100%, this is the solution right here if they don't want to get in there and retune the weapon or the WS itself. We've just traded AC/AF zergs for savage zergs.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-06-30 14:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

the repeated WS nerf would have to be a Savage/Naegling specific one (can they even do that?) though.
Otherwise it would end up hurting a lot of other jobs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-06-30 14:46:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't "hurt" any jobs. it makes you actually pay attention and hit control 3 and control 4 occasionally instead of control 1 ad-infinitum.

If all you do is spam fudo/ten/savage/smite/evis you really aren't doing anything more than watching the game play itself, you just happen to be pushing the use ws button. (some of you can't even be bothered to do that for Christs sake with gearswap automating weaponskills)

Encourages "team-play", incentivizes skillchains, (hello blm and magic burst), encourages "diversity", critical thinking outside the meta. All good things. *** "spam one ws" is what you would do on FFXImobile.

Remember; https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Inundation have you literally EVER even cast the spell? They sure abandoned that prospect fast as hell.
[+]
 Asura.Friedrik
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-06-30 15:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

kusaregedo77 said: »
people whined about conduit burns for years, its about time to change the subject. all hail naegling

I took advantage of both making Aeonics and maxing out my Nyame. Doesn't mean it still isn't the inevitable outcome of ***design.
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-06-30 15:10:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone done RNG strat for Xevioso V15?
 Bahamut.Unagihito
Server: Bahamut
user: eelman
By Bahamut.Unagihito 2021-06-30 15:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this forum is only a small subset "playing" population. But when I see these kind of conversations I always wonder does the JP forum pop have similar concerns? Are they on the Naegling/SB bandwagon too?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-06-30 15:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Demhar said: »

I tried it when I first started bosses and I think a few people commented on it early on, but found that it was basically a mess because of the hate reset. Tank was effectively useless once he lost hate, and it made the fight a lot harder to manage. Found it easier to just use 2-3 DD up close (with COR shooting close by) and just keep the hate between those few attackers, rather than having the Bee fly all over the place and making healing a mess.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-30 15:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Toyed with it for one run, but haven't given it a really heavy focus. The damage is fine- his hate reset move can cause issues.

I do plan on trying it more, and toying with different options. On that front, I'm leaning towards completely abandoning hover shot for this fight entirely and riding decoy shot instead.

I used Armageddon for the one attempt I tried on RNG with my group (we got our V15 unlock a while ago, and right now mix in RP runs on him when I can rip the guys away from Bumba^^). But after that experience I do think I'd opt for Annihilator. Since we can ride Decoy so effectively now, all TP phase damage can be applied hate wise to a tank or heavy DD up close, and WSs would be essentially free. I would probably use my Arma aftermath set for TP'ing vs my Anni one as I have Arma's built to include more +crit rate gear and anni to include more +PDL gear right now.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-06-30 15:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tired of savage blade spam. Let me get on SAM and spam fudo !
[+]
 Odin.Demhar
Server: Odin
user: Demhar
By Odin.Demhar 2021-06-30 16:14:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

Toyed with it for one run, but haven't given it a really heavy focus. The damage is fine- his hate reset move can cause issues.

I do plan on trying it more, and toying with different options. On that front, I'm leaning towards completely abandoning hover shot for this fight entirely and riding decoy shot instead.

I used Armageddon for the one attempt I tried on RNG with my group (we got our V15 unlock a while ago, and right now mix in RP runs on him when I can rip the guys away from Bumba^^). But after that experience I do think I'd opt for Annihilator. Since we can ride Decoy so effectively now, all TP phase damage can be applied hate wise to a tank or heavy DD up close, and WSs would be essentially free. I would probably use my Arma aftermath set for TP'ing vs my Anni one as I have Arma's built to include more +crit rate gear and anni to include more +PDL gear right now.

Was planning on similar strat. No Hover Shot, Decoy shot on a dd in front line with Anni, or even if there is a way of getting behind the tank, most likely not an option
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-06-30 16:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

if you do plan on trying it, bring the panaceas and don't shoot while standing backline with the others, find a true shot spot that allows you to Decoy and keep others safe from Xevioso's conal stuff. If you're prepared to deal with it, its manageable for the WHM, but if all of a sudden they're having to handle not just keeping a tank vertical but also constant group Erases and -agas from what should have been conal attacks hitting 1 person...they aren't gonna let ya pewpew for long ;)

GL, and lemme know how you experience it!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-07 00:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't heard anybody mention pulling Nostos with PLD using Tartarus Platemail. Given the amount of mob hits you take over the course of a run, I would imagine you could get a handful of death procs.
 Asura.Wotasu
user: Wotasu
By Asura.Wotasu 2021-07-07 04:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Haven't heard anybody mention pulling Nostos with PLD using Tartarus Platemail. Given the amount of mob hits you take over the course of a run, I would imagine you could get a handful of death procs.
I feel like Death Spikes would only proc on Easy prey or weaker stuff sadly.
First Page 2 3 ... 146 147 148 ... 238 239 240