The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 242 243 244
 Bahamut.Seonyx
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Seonyx
By Bahamut.Seonyx 2021-03-11 19:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

On one of our attempts on Mboze, run had Sforzo up for the timbeeer, can confirm it reduced the dmg taken to 0. Everyone else in range however, we’re not so lucky.
By Guyford 2021-03-11 19:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

zixxer said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
We tried V15 Snapweed with COR DRK BRD WHM PLD GEO and he's just gross once he starts spamming tp moves. It's too much to handle up front, and he resists all physical damage types. Even with defensive bubbles. MB setup was just a lot easier.
Asura.Geriond said: »
The problem with V15 Raskovnik was killing it in time with physical damage, not surviving. It's got like 65% PDT to all weapon types, a good chunk of HP, and sizeable defense.

Even with SP songs, and other SPs used, we timed out at about 35%.

Thank you both, you guys definitely saved 6 KIs today.
We tried jinpuing this thing, it does not work.
Cleared +10 fine with melee setup, then went MB for +15 a couple days before the lag was fixed.

PUP COR SMN SCH BLM RDM. PUP COR SMN were trio boxed and handling the scs. Lag made bursting difficult and won with about 20 seconds left.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-11 20:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Players should get unique titles if they cleared stuff before lag was fixed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-03-11 21:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Can be a disaster or a really quick fight. Hope this vid helps some who have yet to take on this new challenge. Will release a more complete strategy guide once more is known about proc's and weaknesses.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-11 21:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seonyx said: »
On one of our attempts on Mboze, run had Sforzo up for the timbeeer, can confirm it reduced the dmg taken to 0. Everyone else in range however, we’re not so lucky.

If you were able to survive the damage from Tiimbeeer using just Scherzo, did it still apply Doom after?

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'm curious: did anybody test Invincible and Elemental Sforzo against Tiiimbeeer from Mboze?
It's difficult to test these, because timber is instant use, and there's no immediate indication of when it might be coming.

As far as I'm aware Elemental Sforzo did nothing as well.
By fillerbunny9 2021-03-11 22:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Players should get unique titles if they cleared stuff before lag was fixed.

"I completed this when it was thoroughly unplayable, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Bippin
Server: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-12 02:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
So if the party leader has V15 cleared on A1s, what level of V can they do up to on A2?

What you should do is take ppl in for V15 T1 and V15 t2, then they will have clears for all levels of T1 and T2 doing each NM just once

Does this work? Can four different people get T1s to V15 then one at time take each party member into V15 and unlock each Vengeance level? And then again for T2s
 Bahamut.Seonyx
user: Seonyx
By Bahamut.Seonyx 2021-03-12 02:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Elemental Sforzo does work to protect the run from damage from Timbeeer. As far as I remember, he did not suffer from doom afterwards. This was back in the early days however, before lag was addressed, and he was afflicted heavily with massive delay. I checked the log afterwards to find his 0 dmg taken line from Timbeeer.

Seems Brahmsz has not properly read my previous post, and has even quoted me saying Sforzo, then referring to it as Scherzo.

It still seemed like blind luck that he was able to have it active at the right time, and still failed that attempt. In our successful run, we landed on an all out zerg, and got lucky with an aoe Liement from run that allowed us to absorb damage from an Uproot, and subsequently narrowly survive the canopierce that followed a second or so after. It did not use Timbeeer in this run, which was primarily our reason for success.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-12 02:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I'm curious: did anybody test Invincible and Elemental Sforzo against Tiiimbeeer from Mboze?
It's difficult to test these, because timber is instant use, and there's no immediate indication of when it might be coming.
Yeah I asked for people who used it in advance and got "lucky" to be hit by Tiiimbeeer during the JA active.

I had the impression that when my pet used Invincible, he got hit by Timber for 0 but I wasn't sure and forgot to carefully read the log, so maybe it was a wrong impression.
Going by Seonyx's post I'd rather say I was wrong.

This gives us an important information though.
Tiiimbeeer is not physical damage, it's magical. Otherwise Elemental Sforzo wouldn't work against it, right?
Guess I should add this information to my list
I think we need to confirm point 1 of my list though, about it being elementally alligned with something or not.
Earlier tests seemed to hint there was no elemental affinity, but those tests might have been skewed by the excessive lag?
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-12 04:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There must be specific enfeebles or other things (maybe geo bubble etc) that make the tier4 boss harder because I was surprised by how easy it was, likely soloable but I won both duo with 4 trusts and later trio with 3 of my trusts to help someone else get the clear, but I heard full parties of decently strong players have repeatedly hard times beating it.

On monk I used at least 2 debuffs both times which seem safe, plague from shijin spirals and penance from chi blast. Those did not seem to trigger any bad moves and kept the fight even smoother I think. But that might change at higher vengeance if it acts like Alexander merit battle where it's more lenient at lower levels.

In my first duo win I also had King as one of my trusts, so I think dia3 might also be safe to use, and any move that Amchuchu does is also likely safe, and so were light skillchains. I think it absorbed a gravitation accidentally made by the cor but it wasn't a big deal.

Also I was wondering if maybe it scales with the number of people in the party, because I had such easy fights with trusts compared to some full PTs stories, but I don't think that's likely, because it was something like a 4min fight with mnk + cor and a shorter 3 min fight adding a bard.
By SimonSes 2021-03-12 04:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It can use Yaegasumi. If you have full pt spamming WS I can imagine it might end up badly, which probably is less of a solo problem.
By eeternal 2021-03-12 05:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Full cure stoneskin might be viable sub 50
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-03-12 05:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
SimonSes said: »
Odin.Senaki said: »
So if the party leader has V15 cleared on A1s, what level of V can they do up to on A2?

What you should do is take ppl in for V15 T1 and V15 t2, then they will have clears for all levels of T1 and T2 doing each NM just once

Does this work? Can four different people get T1s to V15 then one at time take each party member into V15 and unlock each Vengeance level? And then again for T2s
Yes, this does work.
By eeternal 2021-03-12 06:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, but if you get dragged to A1 V15, you will unlock other tiers, but you can't pop A1 V15, correct? as you need to clear V1-15 on your character
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-12 06:24:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Seonyx said: »
Yes, Elemental Sforzo does work to protect the run from damage from Timbeeer. As far as I remember, he did not suffer from doom afterwards. This was back in the early days however, before lag was addressed, and he was afflicted heavily with massive delay. I checked the log afterwards to find his 0 dmg taken line from Timbeeer.

Seems Brahmsz has not properly read my previous post, and has even quoted me saying Sforzo, then referring to it as Scherzo.

It still seemed like blind luck that he was able to have it active at the right time, and still failed that attempt. In our successful run, we landed on an all out zerg, and got lucky with an aoe Liement from run that allowed us to absorb damage from an Uproot, and subsequently narrowly survive the canopierce that followed a second or so after. It did not use Timbeeer in this run, which was primarily our reason for success.

I don't read so food when it late. :P
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-03-12 07:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
Yes, but if you get dragged to A1 V15, you will unlock other tiers, but you can't pop A1 V15, correct? as you need to clear V1-15 on your character
I have never completed A1 Veng 5 or 10. I was dragged into every A1 Veng+15 fight. I can pop A1 Veng+15 NMs, and subsequently A2 Veng +15 as I have those clears as well
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2021-03-12 14:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Beat the atonement 4 boss Bumba with RUN, COR, BRD last night. It seems to use a dispelga move in reaction to any debuff (verification needed). The RUN pulled with flash and it used it, and it used it seemingly in reaction to odyllic subterfuge. Had some strange damage resistance at times.. and droped some fetters of difference elements. Overall it is pretty weak at V0 and we beat it first try.

Post deleted by User.
By Guyford 2021-03-12 15:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

endxen said: »
If you don't debuff him he never uses any fetters or his denounce move. We've killed him multiple times this way. Also a drg makes this fight a joke with ancient circle and dragon breaker.
But dragon breaker is a debuff
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-12 15:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
It seems to use a dispelga move in reaction to any debuff (verification needed

He can use dispelga anytime. The video I posted a couple of pages back showed him using it as soon as I ran in (glowed green). He also has access to impact, absorb line of spells as well.

He only used Heaven's Grace and Scorching Luminescence for tp moves when we didn't do any spell debuffs.

Going to spoiler this because it may not be true, AAEV used flash and koru did land dia and distract 2.

He never used denounce despite healing a lot from skillchain damage, but I think that was just luck and he can indeed use denounce at any time, with damage based on some unknown condition. Some believe it's how much damage per element he absorbs, since he switches often.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Boposhopo
Server: Leviathan
user: Boposhopo
By Leviathan.Boposhopo 2021-03-12 16:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought him a couple times, no debuffs but we still got denounce/fetters. Tried with and without Angon/Dragon Breaker, didn't seem to make a difference.
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-03-12 19:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe its a trust thing? We used no trusts, no spell debuff and no denounce/fetters have been used in any of the fights we've done. We've done quite a few... It's literally a 2 min fight so maybe its dying too fast? The skill chain thing is random. Some fights he was absorbing Fragmentation but taking damage to Light. Other fights it was absorbing Darkness. I didn't see what element the animations were so I wasn't able to tell what elemental mode it was in.
Trusts are definitely safe to use (there might be some exceptions), I used 4 trusts and it didn't use any strong moves and was an easy win on monk, I think it used dispel but it wasn't a big problem.

In fact at v0 from what I heard this fight might be easier solo with 5 support trusts until we know what triggers what.

I noticed in one of my wins that it was suddenly highly evasive at some point and then got better again, so it might have been some move//buff it did.
I think near the end fetters appeared in both of my fights but they were immediately suppressed by solo light skillchain (red and blue procs) and it didn't make more after or maintain any aura.
By RadialArcana 2021-03-12 20:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Mogolophone
[+]
By Kilogram 2021-03-13 08:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This debuff ***is cancerous, every group now mfers are like "DONT DO DEBUFFS"

its more likely that denounce is random, or triggered by healing too much of the wrong element
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-13 09:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the impression that when my pet used Invincible, he got hit by Timber for 0 but I wasn't sure and forgot to carefully read the log, so maybe it was a wrong impression.
Going by Seonyx's post I'd rather say I was wrong.
In the case that the master of a pet is killed by an attack that hits both of them, the pet will take often 0 dmg. It's.. weird but I see it fairly often.

Now if It didn't hit you too, then I have no idea. XD
 Bahamut.Harribel
By Bahamut.Harribel 2021-03-13 10:20:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone else experienced strange variance in how much lag they get in ody: C?

When I go in with just my 4-box setup it's minorly laggy, maybe a lil delay here and there, but very playable.

I just went in with 5 people, adding only my american friend to the group setup, and it was unplayably bad, it honestly felt like the same lag I get in dyna D attempts with 12+ people.

Spells were going off, but I was not able to see start-of-cast or animations finishing, and it would take several seconds to confirm that I did actually use things like Rampart.

From word of mouth the other europeans I know also experience horrendous lag specifically in Dyna D at least.
I just did a Sheol Gaol run at a T3 with the same american friend 10 minutes after our failed Sheol C run and it was within 900R and no lag whatsoever.
First Page 2 3 ... 101 102 103 ... 242 243 244