Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 237 238 239
 Phoenix.Logical
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Logical 2021-02-26 14:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalunga Solo Complete. Same strategy can be used on Mboze but you will be just hoping that he doesn't user Tiiimber as that will be what kills you. I'm gonna try to get lucky on Mboze and not get a Tiimber and then move onto the 2 Blunt NM's next week. Hope this helps.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Kwech
Server: Bahamut
user: Kwech
By Bahamut.Kwech 2021-02-26 14:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
I know nothing about PUP or it's viability, but it almost seems like Mboze shifted toward pet jobs. If nobody is surviving Timber, couldn't you jam a PUP, BST, and SMN in there and be fairly gucci? Toss in a RDM, GEO, and COR for buffs/gravity.

I feel dirty for suggesting pet setup.

We tried our first time with PUP, Timber smoked it.
By eliroo 2021-02-26 14:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Guyford said: »
Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
endxen said: »
Mboze was really easy with Rdm, Cor, Brd, Whm, Run and SMN. Cor and Rdm melee it down to 50%. Gravity, take it downstairs and kite for the last 50%, Smn kills it with Garuda's Predator Claws.

I caveat with it may have been luck on TP moves. But we went in with sam war brd cor geo whm and full buffed. The sam engaged first and the war stayed back for impending death. The sam absolutely destroyed it and the war never got to even engage.

We tried something like this once and got unlucky. It timbered the first DD at about 40%, sam went in and got off 2 fudos before it timbered again.

Sounds like you just needed a third DD : )
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-26 14:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if I missed it, can any of the new Odyssey gear sets be stored? My guess is no because it can be augmented, but jw pre-augment if they can.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Bobst97 2021-02-26 15:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever tried soul enslavement on mboze?
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-26 17:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

What kind of damage is Tiiimbeeer?
Breath? Physical? Magical earth based? Does the number of targetts in range affect its damage?
I dunno, tell me everything you know! <3
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-02-26 17:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mewing Lullaby removes 90% of the enemy's current TP then 10~90% TP depending on how long the SMN waited before using it again, it is the same nerf as in Lilith BC. This is a slow method but V5 are killable from 100% HP with Mew or TP Drainkiss and BP/WS/Disengage strat. V10/15 have too much HP but a ghetto setup (no BRD/COR/GEO, just SMN DDing with Mew/TP Drainkiss) is able to finish them on the second round if they have about 20% HP left.
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2021-02-26 18:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Mewing Lullaby removes 90% of the enemy's current TP then 10~90% TP depending on how long the SMN waited before using it again, it is the same nerf as in Lilith BC. This is a slow method but V5 are killable from 100% HP with Mew or TP Drainkiss and BP/WS/Disengage strat. V10/15 have too much HP but a ghetto setup (no BRD/COR/GEO, just SMN DDing with Mew/TP Drainkiss) is able to finish them on the second round if they have about 20% HP left.
Thanks, been using mewing for my strat along with perfect defence, was wondering why the nm's were still slowly gaining tp during conduit mewing spam, I just assumed they gained a high regain, will spread out my mewing from now on.
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-02-26 18:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe it's just a good old fashioned KITED fight. You boys remember those?
By Taint 2021-02-26 18:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Time for Boost Chi-Blast Rotations!

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-26 19:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If I were to clear all the T1s up to Vengeance 15 with a friend, but he hasn't done a T2s.

Would the T2s automatically allow him to trigger a Vengeance level since we did T1s on V difficulties already?

Or rather, would his first attempts at the T2s allow him to enter on a V level as a party leader after clearing V levels on T1s?
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-26 19:23:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Belkin said: »
I know nothing about PUP or it's viability, but it almost seems like Mboze shifted toward pet jobs. If nobody is surviving Timber, couldn't you jam a PUP, BST, and SMN in there and be fairly gucci? Toss in a RDM, GEO, and COR for buffs/gravity.

I feel dirty for suggesting pet setup.

What about Drg? Drg is a pet job too.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-02-26 19:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Senaki said: »
If I were to clear all the T1s up to Vengeance 15 with a friend, but he hasn't done a T2s.

Would the T2s automatically allow him to trigger a Vengeance level since we did T1s on V difficulties already?

Or rather, would his first attempts at the T2s allow him to enter on a V level as a party leader after clearing V levels on T1s?

His level of V on T2 would be 0, he would have to clear them normally, unless someone brings him in higher.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-26 19:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

His level of V on T2 would be 0, he would have to clear them normally, unless someone brings him in higher.

Would he be able to fight the mobs on V level from the get go, or would he need to do the NQ fights before he can do so? (As party ldr*)
-------

In order to unlock the process to V a Tier. Do I need to beat all the NQ fights first?

Like: Kill all NQ T2s, can start doing Vs on T2s, regardless of T1 V levels.

Or do you HAVE to do all the T1 V15 -> To start V T2?

Sorry I'm super confused on how to unlock the ability to start getting V done.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-26 19:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The person taking you in must have the Veng+ kills to take you into them on higher tiers. If the leader has all A1 kills at Veng+5, then they can take you into Veng+5 on A2. If someone going with them does not have the kills they would not be able to take you to A2 if they don't have all the A1 kills. Now if someone doesn't have access to those kills they will get credit for that kill if the leader takes you in. Example, leader takes player 2 in A2 veng+5, player 2 hasn't done any kills at all. Player 2 will get credit for the kill but would not have the access to go back into that same nm by themselves. They would have to clear all the prior nm's to do so.

I see, ty.

My big question really is:
The ability to unlock V-levels as a party leader, is it only gained after completing the NQ nms of an attonement level?

So as an example, if someone has V0 T1, and V0 T2, but has killed all the T3s. Can they try the higher V levels on the T3s?

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-02-26 19:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So if the party leader has V15 cleared on A1s, what level of V can they do up to on A2?

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2021-02-26 19:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Not sure if I missed it, can any of the new Odyssey gear sets be stored? My guess is no because it can be augmented, but jw pre-augment if they can.
they are not storable, but it forces you to spend a few days of gear min-maxing and spring cleaning trying to make room for these an maybe retire some pieces of older gear to porter or locker or mules.
 Sylph.Ticktick
Server: Sylph
user: mofat
By Sylph.Ticktick 2021-02-26 22:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As I understand it:

For Tier 1
To spawn NM X on Veng 0, there are no requirements.
To spawn NM X on Veng Y, where Y > 0, you must have beaten NM X on Veng max(Y-5, 0) or greater.

For Tier N, where N > 1
To spawn NM X on Veng 0, you must have beaten all NMs on Tier N-1 on any Veng.
To spawn NM X on Veng Y, where Y > 0, you must have beaten NM X on Veng max(Y-5, 0) or greater AND beaten all NMs on Tier 0 through Tier N-1 on Veng Y or greater.
By SimonSes 2021-02-27 01:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

So if the party leader has V15 cleared on A1s, what level of V can they do up to on A2?

What you should do is take ppl in for V15 T1 and V15 t2, then they will have clears for all levels of T1 and T2 doing each NM just once
By SimonSes 2021-02-27 02:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kwech said: »
We tried our first time with PUP, Timber smoked it.

If you use SMN to deal damage, it shouldn't matter anyway since you can just deploy automaton again, but one SMN doing dmg is not enough for higher difficulties :(

and Rng.

I doubt you will have success doing damage on tree with gun or bow. Probably better to get SAM and fight first 50% normal way, then below 50% start kiting and get tp from distance with a bow and run in to WS with gkt when it's safe (while casting for example).
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-27 06:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So about Tiiimbeeer, info I gathered from the last few pages:

1) Ignores Earthern Armor, Scherzo and Migawari
2) Can be used freely under 50% even if aura isn't up
3) Seems to be unaffected by PDT/MDT
4) Seems to be unaffected by Def
5) Seems to have some sort of correlation with HP

I only experienced the move/fight once yesterday, DRK got hit for around ~3.5k, while I got hit for ~4k on RUN. No bloody clue which set I was in when I was hit, I couldn't even see the monster on my screen, imagine the amount of lag.
I had 3x Flabra Runes up, not sure if Vallation/Valiance was up, think One For All was up but I'm not 100% sure.

From this I would dare to say that the move has no elemental affinity.

Is it physical though? A physical damage move that ignores physical damage reductions? (Defense, PDT), sounds strange. Is there anything like that in game atm?
Could it be non-elemental Breath Damage?
Maybe, but this doesn't explain the fact that damage seems to go further up the more HP you have.

Have you guys tried getting multiple people hit by Tiiimbeeer at the same time, to sese if damage is shared or something strange happens?
By eeternal 2021-02-27 06:29:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe something similar to Cait Sith mechanics? total hp of party members divided by x amount? so fighting it with ~1800-2000 hp on tank and ~1500 on others to reduce dmg?
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-02-27 06:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

What you're describing is basically spritis within. A non-elemental magic attack that scales based on HP, and possibly the mobs own TP as well.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-27 06:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

eeternal said: »
Maybe something similar to Cait Sith mechanics? total hp of party members divided by x amount? so fighting it with ~1800-2000 hp on tank and ~1500 on others to reduce dmg?
That wouldn't explain why different people in the same pt receive different damage, unless I misunderstood you.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-02-27 06:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
What you're describing is basically Spritis within. A non-elemental magic attack that scales based on HP, and possibly the mobs own TP as well.
Spirits Within scales with the user's HP though, not the target's HP, I think?

Also if I remember correctly Spirits Within and similar WSs are classified as Breath Damage.

Edit:
Oh wait, were you talking about the original Spirits Within used by the Enemy AA EV? Not sure how that worked.
First Page 2 3 ... 89 90 91 ... 237 238 239