Info on E/R/M weapons future
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-07-12 03:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I had never really payed much attention to Matsui's background but after reading it, I just had a big smile.

I think it's safe to say that he's a terrible game designer and a terrible producer. Objectively speaking, he has crossed the line many times, he went as far as Tanaka did with the fatigue system, he should have been demoted/removed. He still didn't cross the line completely, one foot remains on the "right side", but I expect him to have crossed it completely by December. If only FFXI was still the highlight, they would have dedicated decent producers and game designers, it makes me sad.

At this point I don't even know if reactivating for Monstruosity is a good idea if there is nobody to play with. Such a big disappointment.

I don't think RMEs are relevant in nowadays FFXI's problems. Let's be honest, bringing back RMEs in the spotlight will not bring back the players. The mistakes done with Adoulin resulted in a definitive loss.

Chyula said: »
You can take away a man's food/money/wife/life but you can't take away a man's EPEEN size!. /cry.......................................

Woman player don't exist -.-
Good ones are rare. So hard for women to resist being attention *** in the world of video games (easy as *** to manipulate teenagers/lonely men, can't blame them), but once you find them it's usually enjoyable. I made some good friends out of it.

As for the epeen size, any player worth their salt never lost any of it under any circumstance. This is the kind of thing that if you have it, you keep it forever.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-12 06:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never really thought about that phrase before. I wonder what I am worth in salt. Or is it "is the value of 1 Ashman equal to or greater than the net worth of salt he owns". What if i was the heir to the Morton Salt company? I'd never be able to be worth that.

(i know what you meant lol).
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-07-12 07:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm worth Camargue salt personally. You can compare with your own local salt's value to have an idea.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-12 07:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

As much as one might dislike or like SoA, they can't deny the old formula worked.

Every area of the game provided incentives for players to participate in the content.

Look at how FFXI + RoZ spread content across Vanadiel both in time and place:
- Relics and lore in Dynamis (Entry Cool downs)
- The rarest and best equipment from Kings ( Spawn Cool downs)
- At the time, New end game standard gear from Sky (daily events)
- A kick *** story line with Quests and Missions
- NM spawns across the map, from serket to Simurgh to Bune.
- Nation quests, missions.
- True unique jobs such as SAM and NIN

Judgment: RoZ was a 100% Success

CoP:
-Pretty much the same as RoZ but gear wise, it focused on accessories and tiny upgrades to things like relic armor.
- Limbus
- Jailers
- Absolute Virtue
- One of the longest story lines
- Ouryu + Bahamut
- The rings! Rajas/Tamas/Sattva
- The capes!
- Tenzen!

ToAU: (The last great expansion)
Succeeded in the same way that previous expansions did, but allowed for faster exp grinding. (Who doesn't miss bird camp?)

- Nyzul Isle
- Kick *** story line
- Einherjar
- Salvage
- Assault
- Beseiged and pankraton (lol)
- Mythics
- Amazing new jobs
- A new line up of HNMs

I'm not going to get into WoTg although Campaign, Dark Ixion, SW, Fiat Lux deserve a worthy mention.

All of the above equates to at least 80% of Vanadiel. 80% that no one really needs to ever invest any time into, ever again.

Its a really sad state of affairs and at the risk of sounding over dramatic, a tragic end to FFXI.

SoA will kill FFXI unless they do something drastic like make all the previous content relevant.

The worst part is it wouldn't be hard at all. Simply make everything that has been outdated a prerequisite to something spectacular and updated. But this disconnect and lack of relevance isn't going to work.

That is why R/E/Ms and especially R & M need to remain relevant- ALWAYS. There's just way too much invested in them from both SE and the playerbase for them to become 'relics of the past'.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2013-07-12 08:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
The mul fists, coruscanti, borealis. Some people went 1/1 on them, I'm sure, but the satisfaction of acquiring anything before delve is completely gone. When 80 cap etc came out at least we had a while to ease into the new gear, or some of the old was relevant for an update or two. I just really can't wrap my head around "every month this ***is now garbage" etc.

This, every time when I see ppl go "Game's better and more fun without REM!" or "You just refuse to move on like an old ppl, you should change and deal with it", I felt sad, and wanted to laugh on the same time.

Words can't describe how it felt when I got my lv 85 empy(and other accomplishments took months or years to get). It's probably *** easy to obtain now and doesn't mean ***, but I did VNM stage at 75 cap and started working on empy items before red proc was discovered, it was much harder and I spent months of hard work to finish it. When lv 85 empy was done, it was rare at that time, and very game changing, the empy just has personality itself. Most important of all it's supposed to be top tier gear for next 5 years or until server shut down at least. So all that months of effort and hard work is worth it. I was very, very pleased and satisfied with the reward. It was a memorable epic experience that I can't get in any other RPG nor other MMORPG titles.

As for delve boss weapons, I logged on randomly, saw a group of ppl doing Morimar NM runs, so I joined on Blue Cotehardie NQ(which was a lv 75 era gear, mind you) COR, messed up entire run for 45 min. 45 min later I went to the NPC, happened to had 200k plasm, and got a Buramenk'ah.

The entire time I spent on getting a Buramenk'ah, which is currently best sword in this game, was about 10 hours. 10 hours including getting 200k plasm(doesn't take very long to get 200k when 1 tojil death gave 60000), waiting for ally to gather together, and a fail try with another PUG last week.

Then I sit in my MH looking at Buramenk'ah, thinking "Damn, this sword looks ugly, and I probably need to toss it after 3 months for better gears". Well, I was happy that I got a Buramenk'ah, but nowhere near as happy as getting a lv 85 empy for 1st time when the idea of having to toss Buramenk'ah after 3 months kept coming back at me.

I already gave delve weapons a chance for 30k weapons, then gave it another chance for 200k weapons. But it failed to satisfy me over and over. Ppl need to stop telling me "forget about REM, move on and do new content", I already tried, and proved that it doesn't feel the same.

This is a pretty good sentiment. My first "super weapon" was Maschu. I was the first ukko's fury on Ragnarok that I saw and loved it. I felt pretty godlike for a while. Then I made Aegis and what a feeling it was when I picked up my first shiny.

I was working on mythic gaxe when abyssea came out. That spiked the price of alexandrite and killed my want/capability to do mythic for quite a while. Last October I decided to restart the mythic alexandrite buying craze. Building the weapon had me on all the time, the pursuit was at times fun, at times exciting, at times depressing! I was just about done when all of sudden...SoA...Bloodbath Axe, Razorfury. I finished just for sake of being so close, but have little desire/motivation to even get it to level 80. Conqueror was always a big dream, way back to the days it came out...and SE did a perfect job at sucking the amazing feeling and accomplishment of getting one. I'm not on even half the time I used to be. Any idiot can bumble/stumble their way to plasm now and get the same gear everyone else and their mannequins have. There is no sense of accomplishment anymore. Sure you have the fracture bosses, but you beat each one once, get your points, and gtfo. How anyone can defend whats been done is beyond me. Yes, as an additonal event delve/fracture is pretty cool. But they made it the only event really worth time to do - and that is pretty boring.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 09:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
You can take away a man's food/money/wife/life but you can't take away a man's EPEEN size!. /cry.......................................

Woman player don't exist -.-

you'd be suprised how many women players there are. a lot just don't admit it, because 50% or more of idiots go "omg here's all my gil & I love you! i'm going to mindlessly follow you around & send wierd tells with winks at the end every time you log on" so a lot of women will hide the fact they're women just to avoid BS. hell my wife quit the game a couple times because dudes were making her uncomfortable.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 09:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never really thought about that phrase before

me niether, but my first notion would be, since salt was so important back in the old days, my theory is it was more like

"we need so much salt for this wagon train out to californa to get gold"

"should we bring jim?"

"ya, I guess he's worth his salt, by wilickers"

idunnojustathought
[+]
 Asura.Rekin
Server: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2013-07-12 09:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said: »
I half expect them to sooner just give us the R/E/M we would like for free then to "fix" them (or make the RW, MW, & EW Kupons Rank 5). Or just give them to us in XIV like Cait Sith.

Oh sure its easier to get them, but the grind to get them is not worth it, why spend 1 week+ or so getting an R/E/M when you can get one of those new over stuffed weapons in one day or a few hours?

At least brd & pld shield relic & emp didn't get the nerf bat...YET.
None of the RME ever got nerfed(cept that one time for Ukon and Vere's ws) its just as far as pure dmg relics go they are simply not worth the investment. Utility weapons still find a use as they are just that, the fact they had great dmg(Apoc) compliments their job. Even then before adoulin some were simply inferior by a large margin to other options(Hai Gungnir and Rongo).

The RME revamps can be amazing(highly doubtful) as they can completely change some weapons to fill in niches and thus provide a reason to use them outside other similar options as Matsui described when he first implemented delve. But as it stands the weapons made purely for dmg(the majority of RM and all but 2 for E) simply aren't worth even looking at anymore. When you consider 80% of the older content in one way or another was related to RME it takes a serious blow to the game when players are simply told to just go past all that as the rewards:effort ratio is simply not worth the effort.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-12 09:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, gamer girls love epeen too! <insert vw parse here>
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 10:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Man, so much fun on DRG to do that... >.>

Anyways...

My thoughts on this: This game is becoming WoW. Get out now if you want to save your lives.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-12 10:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I had to spread my misery around a bit -

Applebottoms gets this dumbass song stuck in my head everytime she posts.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-07-12 10:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only found one objectively very good woman player in the 9 years I spent. Most of the women I met were very stubborn or plain not caring, others were just average or below average.

What I learned after so many years on internet is that the true gamer girls never mention the fact that they have ovaries. They're just players, which makes them even rarer and even more "mind blowing" once you get to know them.

Guess humility is a turn on.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-12 10:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like I go shouting in Jeuno "HEY I'M A GIRL", but if I'm asked or the topic is brought up I mention it. Some years ago I did try to hide it to attempt to avoid excessive attention, but I felt uncomfortable cause I felt I couldn't really have real interactions.
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 11:31:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like I go shouting in Jeuno "HEY I'M A GIRL", but if I'm asked or the topic is brought up I mention it. Some years ago I did try to hide it to attempt to avoid excessive attention, but I felt uncomfortable cause I felt I couldn't really have real interactions.
Know exactly how ya feel, back when the game first started you wouldn't believe how many guys tried hitting on me because of BEWBS. Of course, I found one I fell in love with, but another story.

It's uncomfortable when people look at you as BEWBS, so trying to hide it is understandable. I took the "yeah, I have boobs, but I still do what the *** I need to do in this game". It got to the point where it didn't matter, and any passes were met with "I have a boyfriend" and were immediately quelled and never spoken of again.

Also, when the majority of people meet me, most assume I'm a guy because of the way I act, but when I say I'm not, they just think I'm even cooler and a good friend/player. And hell, who doesn't like to hang around with a woman that can crack a good joke every now and then!?

Siren.Mosin said: »
I had to spread my misery around a bit -

Applebottoms gets this dumbass song stuck in my head everytime she posts.

True story by the way: Transferred to Titan server long time ago and wanted to come back with a different name. Friend suggested Applebottoms, and thinking it was so out there and original and awesome I agreed. Come back to Valefor and all I see are "BOOTS WITH THE FUR" shouts. Took two months for someone to show me the music video. I facepalmed.. a lot.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-07-12 11:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that feel, I understand you. Even more so if you really get to enjoy people and decide to meet one day.

Valefor.Applebottoms said: »
And hell, who doesn't like to hang around with a woman that can crack a good joke every now and then!?
There was this girl in my Salvage LS who would make kitchen jokes on everyone's behalf, such a good memory.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-07-12 11:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

The Future of E/R/M:

Quote:
What about relics, mythics, and empyreans?

While it will not take place in the August version update, we will be adjusting these to make them higher than item level 100.

I tried to answer some of the major questions that were brought up with post.

I'd like to also apologize once again for the large feeling of uneasiness towards the current adjustments due to the new equipment implementation and stat adjustments taking place in August.

The entire development team is working as hard as possible to get everything in to the August version update. Thank you very much for your patience.

If they can't communication within their own group, then our concerns/cries/priorities of importance are of lesser value to them. GG.

Quote:
Hello, Matsui here.

I would like to apologize for leaving out two items from the version update notes:
-The magical resistance value cap for both characters and monsters has been increased
-A bug wherein it was possible to charm monsters that could not originally be charmed has been addressed

This happened because the development team didn't provided the needed information to the operations team. The information was also not properly shared within the development team itself.

I feel that the development team has a tendency to prioritize implementation over communication in order to meet deadlines. Going forward, I've taken steps to ensure that they place the same amount of importance on properly communicating information to users as they do for implementation. I'll continue to repeat this and make sure we are thorough.

I deeply apologize for the inconveniences caused by this.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-12 11:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
This happened because the development team didn't provided the needed information to the operations team. The information was also not properly shared within the development team itself.
How does this happen? There's like, five of them. >_>
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-12 11:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Quote:

I'm curious how people actually know the size of the developement team since multiple people are credited to multiple projects and I'm sure many are not credited. On top of that, people assume that the operations and developement teams are even in the remotely the same location or have an open line of communications.

It's still completely ridiculous that even a minor update can have that level of disfunction in a company as large and established as SE.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 12:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my boyfriend's friends put it best yesterday on how much WoW has changed comparing to the changes in XI.

"When Burning Crusade came out (2007), bonuses to equipment were around 10-20 boost. Then when Lich King (2008) came out, the bonuses went from 20-40. And that was awesome. Cataclysm (2010), items were sporting 40-80 boosts, and you were considered godly among the players with those stats. Once Pandaria came out (2012), 400's, 500 stats and more. ***is nuts. I can crit for over a million now."

He showed me an amulet he had with +1100 to a stat on it.

In two years, WoW changed so drastically from 40-80 boost to the thousands. It's been so far less than one year with FFXI with SoA. Your move, SE. I'll be waiting.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-12 12:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my boyfriend's friends put it best yesterday on how much WoW and changed comparing to the changes in XI.

"When Burning Crusade came out (2007), bonuses to equipment were around 10-20 boost. Then when Lich King (2008) came out, the bonuses went from 20-40. And that was awesome. Cataclysm (2010), items were sporting 40-80 boosts, and you were considered godly among the players with those stats. Once Pandaria came out (2012), 400's, 500 stats and more. ***is nuts. I can crit for over a million now."

In two years, WoW changed so drastically from 40-80 boost to the thousands. It's been so far less than one year with FFXI with SoA. Your move, SE. I'll be waiting.

If they keep up the content pace, I give it a year. The thing with WoW was that it really only did those jumps once per expansion. It seems like we're gonna get at least one more jump for Adoulin.
 Valefor.Applebottoms
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2013-07-12 12:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alahra said: »
One of my boyfriend's friends put it best yesterday on how much WoW and changed comparing to the changes in XI.

If they keep up the content pace, I give it a year. The thing with WoW was that it really only did those jumps once per expansion. It seems like we're gonna get at least one more jump for Adoulin.
Yeah, but with the recent expansion they took any relevance to the small numbers they were given before and shat that ***straight out the window. WoW players moved on.

Then again, most items in WoW don't take a year of effort/time to get either, so the pace fits.
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-12 12:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

One of my boyfriend's friends put it best yesterday on how much WoW has changed comparing to the changes in XI.

This time next year, we'll be solo'ing Delves. ;o
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-12 13:02:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The stat jumps in Adoulin aside from weapon D and acc / atk are really nothing major aside from being more widespread.. At "99" I was sporting +15 to stats on high and stuff. At "119" I'm sporting +25 in the same slots , but of more stats at once.

Once the skill + stat becomes more widely available Daurdabla will go back to being mostly luxury instead of almost compulsory and I think a wider range of groups will be able to clear the harder stuff if they actually try.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-12 13:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Quote:

I'm curious how people actually know the size of the developement team since multiple people are credited to multiple projects and I'm sure many are not credited. On top of that, people assume that the operations and developement teams are even in the remotely the same location or have an open line of communications.

In Zohnax's defense it's probably actually only 2 members and 3 interns.

It's still completely ridiculous that even a minor update can have that level of disfunction in a company as large and established as SE.

They're not profitable as a company. If they downsized to the point of being a "decent sized and established company" and re-prioritized that funding into future business (ie dev teams) budgets they might be making money hand over fist again one day.
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2013-07-12 13:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
focalin said: »
So came back to the game today to find SE srewed r/e/m owners really bad. I heard they were going to fix this somehow in the future. Anyone have more info on this as I am going to deactivate my accounts again till this bs is fixed.

Hey, on the bright side, Ochain/Aegis/Ghalla/Dhaurdabla are still useful! Your Apocalypse? Not so much.

don't compare delve weapon and relic weapons this is stupid all relic still usefull obv people just faith of delve ... error
 Bismarck.Samusaki
Server: Bismarck
user: Samusaki
By Bismarck.Samusaki 2013-07-12 13:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gamer girls ftw! I was that blonde girl with braided pig tails, cover all shorts and a Blossom bucket hat back in the 90's. I'd hang out at the arcade watching all the guys playing Killer Instinct. I'd put my quarters up on the ledge to play next. When it was my turn I would play dumb and ask for a quick rundown on how the game worked. When I was up I would select Black Orchid, block right off the bat, then cccccc-combo breaker! Then proceed into an Ultra Combo..lol I was a little more forgiving in Mortal Kombat 2. I'd finish them with a friendship. :-)

Today I <3 my PLD, even though that twilight helmet messes up my hair. I'm glad I have my 2 relics and 2 empy weapons. They were a lot of fun and work to get. They will forever be my trophies. I'll chalk them up with all my salvage, limbus and dyna gear. It's all about the fun of playing and getting new things. I can still look back and say "I did that" If something better comes along, by all means I'll shoot for that as well.

Yeah sure it sucks knowing how easy delve items are to get, however it's always been like that. I mined 24 khroma ore to build my Ares' body. Back then you needed 12 ingots. The ores were going for 500k each. Exactly 2 months later they tanked in price due to Abyssea and the required amount was dropped down to 6 ingots.

When I build Aegis, I waited patiently for 4 years in dynamis for my turn to sponsor runs. I was the last of 9 relics we build. Just in time to have neo-dyna come out when I needed only 20 more monts. Everyone left because the gear wasn't worth it anymore and they all could solo dyna. I ended up soloing dyna sandy every day on rdm/blm with a joytoy to finish.

Who knows what the future is. We got our trophies, let's shoot for the next one. I know no mater what I'm still making a Burtgang. I might get a delve to help me along the way.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-12 13:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In Zohnax's defense it's probably actually only 2 members and 3 interns.
They're not profitable as a company. If they downsized to the point of being a "decent sized and established company" and re-prioritized that funding into future business (ie dev teams) budgets they might be making money hand over fist again one day.

I'd imagine they are using assets on as many projects at a time as possible. The days of compartmentalizing workload are mostly past. When one group has little to do and another has far too much, flexing members from one project to another would make sense. The issue with that is that nobody is as productive as a loaner as they would be in thier primary group. So companies break with specialization and make everyone part of everything which lowers overall quality but increases flexibility and productivity.

Though, if SE was employing smart business practices they would probably be profitable, lol.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-12 15:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Alahra said: »

Yeah, but with the recent expansion they took any relevance to the small numbers they were given before and shat that ***straight out the window. WoW players moved on.

Then again, most items in WoW don't take a year of effort/time to get either, so the pace fits.

Oh, I know. The stat inflation in Cataclysm was already bothering me personally. I jumped ship after Mists, didn't even get to 90. Of course, that wasn't the only reason I left, but it was one of those things I really wish they hadn't done (even going back so far as BC, when they did it the first time, I didn't like what it suggested for the future).
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2013-07-12 15:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Samusaki said: »

Gamer girls ftw! I was that blonde girl with braided pig tails, cover all shorts and a Blossom bucket hat back in the 90's. I'd hang out at the arcade watching all the guys playing Killer Instinct. I'd put my quarters up on the ledge to play next. When it was my turn I would play dumb and ask for a quick rundown on how the game worked. When I was up I would select Black Orchid, block right off the bat, then cccccc-combo breaker! Then proceed into an Ultra Combo..lol I was a little more forgiving in Mortal Kombat 2. I'd finish them with a friendship. :-)

Killer Instinct is by far, and away my favorite fighting game of all time! <3 the wolf guy, and Glacius. I see it is coming out for Xbox one. While I have been a Playstation fanboy for like ever I will be sorely tempted to get it for KI :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9