Info on E/R/M weapons future
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-10 18:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i dont know about you but i missed the part where masa did hateless damage or offered anything besides damage

is it really that hard a concept: the weapon was completely and utterly outclassed by other weapons of the time, they just weren't for sam

there wasn't a time in ffxi's history where i would say '*** YEA MASA SAM' at the prospect of getting one into my dd party
 Fenrir.Krucial
Server: Fenrir
user: Krucial
By Fenrir.Krucial 2013-07-10 18:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's kinda ironic we all boo'ed then cheered for for Matsui's end (or however u spell it) and all anyone wants now is BALANCE
By Solrain 2013-07-10 18:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Now it's relevant.
[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-10 18:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
a good weapon needs to do comparable dps to the other good weapons of the time

Your words not mine. Your definition of a good weapon isn't even consistent if you believe annihilator to be a good weapon. In the end anyway our definitions of what "a good weapon" is differs fundamentally so its pointless to continue discussing this further. What you call a "good weapon" to me is more like "the most powerful weapons" (dps wise). Semantics I guess.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-10 19:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You can classify a weapon by what it does for the job, I don't think anyone would say that Anni or Apoc are incredibly powerful weapons, but what they add to their respective jobs is unmatched. 85-95 caps, Masamune did more for SAM than really any other GKT. By the same metric Ukon and Vere did more for thier jobs than any other weapon. The fact that SAM doesn't excel in Abyssea doesn't mean that Masamune is or ever was bad. Fudo is still the most powerful WS SAM gets.
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2013-07-10 19:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So, just wanna ask a quick question...as a career drg. Ryunohige or grab a Upukirex?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-10 19:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said: »
So, just wanna ask a quick question...as a career drg. Ryunohige or grab a Upukirex?

Considering the base damage difference and that Ryun still wins in some situations...
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2013-07-10 20:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Considering the base damage difference and that Ryun still wins in some situations...

I suppose I fall into the group that alot of people up here are in. I got my delve polearm weapon, and rank 15'd it in less than a week and a half. The amount of damage I do is significant vs my Gungnir/Herja's, etc, so my fear is that even IF they upgrade my mythic (when i finish), it'll become obsolete within weeks. Even upukirex is a easier feat to accomplish than mythic, I can potentially purchase the ki for much less than the full price of Ryu at some point, and its newness alone guarantees its usability for a while. I wont go as far as whine about R/E/M becoming obsolete, but I do find it rather disheartening that so much time/gil spent making something is flushed down the drain in a weapon that I can max out in such a short time.
By Chyula 2013-07-10 20:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

this thread should merge with that thf should be a dd inside delve thread. I see high potential.
 Phoenix.Purpleeyes
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Purpleeyes 2013-07-10 21:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Enuyasha said: »
The funny thing: SE has announced that they are going to make REM comparable to delve weapons...Delve is not finished...so you want them to instead add the "final" incarnation of REM in the middle of the scaling event when they will just be replaced with the next chapter of the event used to determine how they will scale. Thats just great.

TL;DR;GFU: They are putting Delve out with high as *** stats, then they are going to scale REM to those ridiculously *** stats. Patience is a virtue,etc.

This is all probably true, but the fact remains REM weapons will be outclassed for a long while.

Kind of how like empyrean completely shat on relics and mythics when they came out at lvl 85. How long did it take relics to be relevant again?

I'll be surprised if REM gets an update this year. This is FFXI. They take forever to do anything.
 Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tenshibaby 2013-07-10 21:28:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Purpleeyes said: »
Shiva.Paulu said: »
The funny thing: SE has announced that they are going to make REM comparable to delve weapons...Delve is not finished...so you want them to instead add the "final" incarnation of REM in the middle of the scaling event when they will just be replaced with the next chapter of the event used to determine how they will scale. Thats just great.

TL;DR;GFU: They are putting Delve out with high as *** stats, then they are going to scale REM to those ridiculously *** stats. Patience is a virtue,etc.

This is all probably true, but the fact remains REM weapons will be outclassed for a long while.

Kind of how like empyrean completely shat on relics and mythics when they came out at lvl 85. How long did it take relics to be relevant again?

I'll be surprised if REM gets an update this year. This is FFXI. They take forever to do anything.
Yeah was it 2005 or 2006 when they promised SMNs new avatars AND NO I DON'T COUNT ODIN AND ALEX!!
By fattrav 2013-07-11 12:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

can i desynth my 99ukon and get the plates and dross back?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-11 12:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Solrain said: »

Now it's relevant.

gungnir should have been "im ok with this" face. "Everyone else is now on my level :D"
 Leviathan.Kincard
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-11 12:05:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say he looks the least upset in that one.
[+]
By Chyula 2013-07-11 12:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone post a animated gif of that Kid banging his Keyboard. and replace the keyboard with a REM.
By Mileslong 2013-07-11 12:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
I had a friend who spent almost 2yrs getting his Kanagi to 99. 2 weeks later , he was like WTF, lol.
lmao
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-11 12:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

*** everyone who *** about RME because you don't even know my plight, I finished Kenkonken the same day Rigors were released .. Still haven't gotten to use them for anything but Kenkonken trials.
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-07-11 12:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
How to keep REM relevant (new trial)

Obtain 4000000000000 Plasm to upgrade dmg +1

for rank 1.

I stretched the universe, dont kill me!

1 up manship (mine has 2 more zeros!)
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-11 12:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

If you HAVE Ryu, then you can stick with it if you want.

In current end game, Upukirex will probably beat out Ryu in most situations simply because keeping AM3 up all the time is hard. Upu is easier so you don't have to be a super badass drg who's going balls to the wall and having to be very careful in planning tp gain to deal amazing damage. Also, in many cases Upu will win even if you can keep AM3 up. Also lightens your acc requirements some, if that's a worry at all.

Now after the REM updates? It'd be hard for Ryu to not win but we have no idea when that will happen or how long it'll stay "the best". But it'll be far cheaper to make it now than after the REM update when thousands scramble to finish weapons and make Alex, scoria, plates, currency and riftcinder/dross exponentially rise in price and drop in availability.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-11 12:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have any gifs but I feel its appropriate to repost those images I made back when Delve first hit, as bad as they might be.

[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-07-11 12:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You might, but a lot of people won't. Look how few completed Meebles. A lot of FFXI players only care about having the best gear, and will completely skip content if it doesn't offer an attractive enough item.

If SE wanted to patch R/M/E, they would have done it already. It could have been coded in a day by an intern. They obviously have their reasons for putting it off, and I fully support them.

Lol let's clear a couple of misconception every REM hater been spreading ok?

Misconception No.1: If this game has no REM, casual and newer players can catch up, so it's fine to sacrifice REM crybabies! Game would get better and more fun without them!

Fact:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/39427/is-it-just-sylph-or-is-every-server-dead

I've been paying attention to FFXI population since SoA, and compare it before SoA, I think it's somewhat like this(may not be 100% accurate, but it's certainly something similar, sorry for bad drawing)

Population spiked highest when SoA was out, that was before SE killed REM.

Now it's dropping. If killing REM makes the game better, and more players are coming back and staying, I should see 3k player per server, not something like 1.3k or less than 1k. The game simply isn't more fun nor more appealing without REM.

Misconception No.2: Nobody would do new content if REM still on top.

Fact: If you can get an armor from delve with stat like this:
Legs: Haste +25%, Hand to Hand skill + 188, dagger skill + 188, sword skill + 188, Attack+ 400, Accuracy + 400. Triple attack+5%. All jobs.

Please say / if you're not doing delve for it, let's see if everyone says /.

Put your god tier armor w/e in new content, every REM owner would still want to do the content unless they quit.

Misconception No.3: God tier weapons should belong to "real" endgame player, not random gimps spamming brainless dyna everyday for 3 months! You just want best gear to show off in PJ!

Fact: Random gimps who spammed dyna for 3 months for a relic before SoA just to get best gear for showing off in PJ, they would farm gil for 3 months and buy delve clear. In the end it's all the same. You still get ppl showing off, and you still get gil buyers or gimps getting best gears in the game by paying for it. You can buy delve clear, just like how you can buy a relic. Oh, and those who showed off relic for having best weapon, they're gonna show off their delve boss weapon bought with gil/RMT too, It's all the same.

Misconception No.4: I don't have REM, and I can't get pt invite! Sooooo happy that SE got rid of REM.

Fact: After delve was out I saw a many delve DD only delve /shout. Now PUGs starting to kill delve boss left and right, sooner or later you may see /shout like this

"Tojil+5NM run do you have it? Oatixur MNK x4 can I have it?"

No joke, I just joined 5 NM+Tojil run with 4 Oatixur MNKs, and I made a major mistake that may cost a run. I wasted my Wildcard. But in the end ally still won.

The fact that ally has 4 Oatixur MNK gave more room for error like this, otherwise pt may time out or fail without JA reset. Wait for 2 more months when more ppl gets Oatixur, it'd become a requirement to join /shout delve boss group just for easier clears.

Misconception No.5: I don' want to do 5 year old content for 2013 content.

Maybe a fact: If things go as SE planned, you may have to do delve boss clear for 2015 content, because you'd be too gimp to do 2014 content without an Oatixur, just saying.

Misconception No.6: You're just a gimp crybaby if you cry about REM.

Fact: Stop being blind, FFXI didn't change much without REM. It's still same old FFXI that's dying and doing same grind over and over, except the game is less exciting without Legendary Weapons. One cool aspect about FFXI was gone, and certain negative aspect we all hate stays.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-11 12:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

All these arguments surrounding population mean little because the only people that have the subscription numbers is SE. True, we can probably do some (ultimately unreliable) guesswork based on /search and XIAH data but that still has its problems.

Only thing you can do is cancel your account, do something else, and hope that the drop in subscriptions gives them a clue and they'll take the game back in a direction that you like.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-11 12:52:59
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @self made graph with no official or credible sources being used as a reliable source of infomartion.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-11 12:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed where she said it's how she thinks it went?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-11 12:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

Misconception No.3: God tier weapons should belong to "real" endgame player, not random gimps spamming brainless dyna everyday for 3 months! You just want best gear to show off in PJ!

This is actually true to an extent. FFXI's battle system ceases to be fun somewhere around the vacinity of level 20 on your first job. If you're still entertained by "auto-attack and use JA once a minute" then more power to you.

The average player either plays to get the best gear, or plays to stay ahead of the other guy. If you had a magic button that gave you the best gear the second it came out, how long could you honestly have fun grinding and grinding for nothing? I also am of the opinion that anyone who says "i don't play to be better than anyone" is a liar (but that's an opinion).
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-11 12:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, there is certainly no doubt that there are less people logged into the game throughout the day now. The problem is that automatically assuming that it only has to do with REMs is baseless.

Quote:
I also am of the opinion that anyone who says "i don't play to be better than anyone" is a liar (but that's an opinion).

I've met players throughout the game's lifetime that played for things like exploration and such, but these people:
1. Almost never post on community sites
2. Almost never care about the newest patch, they just log in and play

I knew a guy that soloed BLM from US launch. When he quit, he was like, level 60 in Xarcabard wearing awful gear and fighting skeletons or some ***, lol.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-11 12:56:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You sure put a lot of words in my mouth. I said one thing: new and powerful weapons give an incentive for people to do the new content.

Ragnarok.Afania said: »

I've been paying attention to FFXI population since SoA, and compare it before SoA, I think it's somewhat like this(may not be 100% accurate, but it's certainly something similar, sorry for bad drawing)

***chart

Population spiked highest when SoA was out, that was before SE killed REM.

Now it's dropping. If killing REM makes the game better, and more players are coming back and staying, I should see 3k player per server, not something like 1.3k or less than 1k. The game simply isn't more fun nor more appealing without REM.
Now do some math on how many of the people who quit actually had RME. Protip: It wasn't a lot. The majority of the playerbase did not have RME, even at adoulin launch.

Quote:
Misconception No.2: Nobody would do new content if REM still on top.

Fact: If you can get an armor from delve with stat like this:
Legs: Haste +25%, Hand to Hand skill + 188, dagger skill + 188, sword skill + 188, Attack+ 400, Accuracy + 400. Triple attack+5%. All jobs.

Please say / if you're not doing delve for it, let's see if everyone says /.

Put your god tier armor w/e in new content, every REM owner would still want to do the content unless they quit.
That armor doesn't exist. I can name over 15 people firsthand that refused to participate in delve because they were upset they weren't best any more. A few of them only got their base KI done this week, these are people that had the connections to get them anytime they want. They still ask about relic update and hesitate to try to gear up for T6. There are reasons to do it without weapons, but having a clear vastly superior upgrade to your most important slot gives an incentive to everyone. It's just taking time for some people to let go.

Quote:

Fact: Random gimps who spammed dyna for 3 months for a relic before SoA just to get best gear for showing off in PJ, they would farm gil for 3 months and buy delve clear. In the end it's all the same. You still get ppl showing off, and you still get gil buyers or gimps getting best gears in the game by paying for it. You can buy delve clear, just like how you can buy a relic. Oh, and those who showed off relic for having best weapon, they're gonna show off their delve boss weapon bought with gil/RMT too, It's all the same.
Bit of an arbitrary point to address, anyone can get anything with gil. If it's coming from endgame, the gil is going to the players that have coordination instead of bouncing around between fodder farmers. It's creating proportional reward for those players that go above and beyond trash content. Please explain to me how you're entitled to be able to solo the best weapons in the game.

Quote:
Misconception No.4: I don't have REM, and I can't get pt invite! Sooooo happy that SE got rid of REM.

Fact: After delve was out I saw a many delve DD only delve /shout. Now PUGs starting to kill delve boss left and right, sooner or later you may see /shout like this

"Tojil+5NM run do you have it? Oatixur MNK x4 can I have it?"

No joke, I just joined 5 NM+Tojil run with 4 Oatixur MNKs, and I made a major mistake that may cost a run. I wasted my Wildcard. But in the end ally still won.

The fact that ally has 4 Oatixur MNK gave more room for error like this, otherwise pt may time out or fail without JA reset. Wait for 2 more months when more ppl gets Oatixur, it'd become a requirement to join /shout delve boss group just for easier clears.
I have nothing against Oatixur-only shouts. I have nothing against REM only shouts. Attempting to control player activity is a laugh, this shouldn't even have been brought up. It does, however, provide an alternative that doesn't require in excess of 200 hours. Grinding 200 hours of dead content speaks nothing for your player ability.

Quote:
Misconception No.5: I don' want to do 5 year old content for 2013 content.

Maybe a fact: If things go as SE planned, you may have to do delve boss clear for 2015 content, because you'd be too gimp to do 2014 content without an Oatixur, just saying.
That's not even a point, is it? Most people do want old content to co-exist with new..

Quote:
Misconception No.6: You're just a gimp crybaby if you cry about REM.

Fact: Stop being blind, FFXI didn't change much without REM. It's still same old FFXI that's dying and doing same grind over and over, except the game is less exciting without Legendary Weapons. One cool aspect about FFXI was gone, and certain negative aspect we all hate stays.
Legendary weapons aren't gone. Many of them are still useful(gjall, aegis, ochain, daurdaubla, annihilator, yoichi, burtgang, carnwenhan), and the content they come from is intact. The only thing that's gone is your personal best-in-slot status on your existing weapons.

You're trying way too hard.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-11 13:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Now do some math on how many of the people who quit actually had RME. Protip: It wasn't a lot.

Speaking of which, why did they never release a census this year? I was eagerly awaiting seeing the new inflated REM numbers compared to last year, but it never came.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-07-11 13:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
lol @self made graph with no official or credible sources being used as a reliable source of infomartion.

I said I think it's something like that, and already made a disclaimer that it's not 100% accurate. Its meant for you to see the spike on March/April when it was out. I saw 3k, or close to 3k ppl once when SoA was out, now it's mostly 2.2k~2.3k on JP prime time and 1.7k on Friday NA time. My server is one of the most populated server atm, and it isn't doing much better than pre-SoA.

You can't deny the fact that /sea all population is dropping. Even if it can't accurately reflect other factor affecting population, such as FFXIV, ppl cancelling mules account and such, I still don't see how new ppl or less dedicated players suddenly start playing FFXI as it is now.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9