Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-07-11 14:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I did cities 6boxing at 90 cap. Hi.

Delve T6 is not the end-all hardest content any MMO will see. It is, however, much more demanding than most of what FFXI has had in recent years.

How? I didn't see ppl /shout for T4 VW at 90 cap before ppl proc spam it.

Delve's only out for 2 months and now PUGs kills Tojil left and right already. Everyday when I log on I see JPs /shout for 5 NM+Tojil run, as if it's merit pt at 75.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-11 14:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't need a shout to go do something using my own characters on my own time..

I don't really see the quantity of JP PUG as relevant. If a lot of people are capable of downing the content, a lot of people can enjoy the rewards of doing so. I know on my server, most of the NA shells aren't even capable of winning with the same players every day.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-11 14:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
If killing REM makes 0 impact like you say, then you wouldn't see a new 5+ page thread about it and ppl ask for it every 2 weeks.
A dozen vocal crybabies is nothing. Half of the thread is people telling them to shut up. Most of the threads are the same people. If you really think it's a significant portion of the deactivated accounts, I have no idea what to tell you.

Implying the people who moved on love to sit around on game-they-quit-related-forums listening to "50% of the remaining population" think they're cool because now they can hand in the perle gear.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2013-07-11 14:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't played for over a month... Yet I'm on here every day lol, this game has a lock on people's souls.
By fonewear 2013-07-11 14:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I haven't played for over a month... Yet I'm on here every day lol, this game has a lock on people's souls.

That is what happens when discussing the game is more fun than actually playing it.
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
Server: Shiva
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2013-07-11 14:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoichi, for life... idc what the data say, im gonna wear my bow.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-11 14:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You have a completely unrealistic assessment of how many people actually care about REM enough to quit. Wanting it to be true will not make it so. The game has much bigger problems atm, your weapon is nothing in the grand scheme of why the playerbase is dropping.

Quote:
This logic doesn't even make sense. If you actually played in this manner you would never progress in this game. The game has always been built around the need to perform repetitive events which you may find boring in an effort to achieve something you may need before attempting something you actually find enjoyable. This form of grinding has always been present. One can even argue even more so now than before. Plasm farming is mind numbingly boring but if the result of spamming it means you are properly geared to be able to tackle the stronger delve bosses (or naakuals or whatever newer endgame content that is later introduced) then obviously you are gonna do it even if you don't enjoy it.
this might sound strange to you, but some people only do content they enjoy.. some of them are even 'successful'.. they just enjoy a wider range of content than you do

Obviously there are people that play in this manner but these aren't even the people you are directing your posts to. The people that play that way (only doing events they find enjoyable) do so accepting any ramifications the decision can have down the road (like not being invited to delve boss kills since they may have deemed plasm farming too boring to get the gear/weapons). These people aren't gonna complain cause they aren't doing the events anyway so your wasting your time if you are directing your posts to these type of people.

On the other hand if you possess the dedication needed to make a relic what are the chances that this same person is not gonna have any interest whatsoever in doing the new content? You telling these people to forgo the top endgame content cause getting the prerequisite weapons and gear as well as upgrading them to a sufficient rank is too boring? Get real lol.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-11 15:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I can only think of two people who were around on my server at So A release who poofed and my linkshell's attendance looks like the JR Yamanote line in Tokyo at rush hour. I feel like the SOA spike was mostly the novelty hound MMO- ADD types and it's mostly back to normal with a slight to moderate dip due to XlV which seems to have caught the attention of the passionate FFXI hateration brigade and few others ( at least from what 'I've heard from RL conversations: all of the RL people I've asked about the Betas have said it feels claustrophobic and " just another MMO except I have to pay for this one" which is pretty distinct from the screenshot masturbation we see on this site during Beta weekends ) So I don't know what to expect of that.

JPs seem to be operating normally although a few have bitched colorfully to me ( generally uncharacteristic of JPs ) about Daurdabla Fantasy XI.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-07-11 15:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »

Been almost a month for me and I'm on the same boat. Honestly I'm not against coming back, I'm just looking for reasons... Plus I visit BG a lot for other things and I come across FFXI threads, and in turn come here.

That said, Glad they gave us a little more of an update on REM Adjustments. Personally at this point I'd take my "Use Relic WS without weapon" (With Potency bonus associated with a 99 REM) and call it a day, as even if they buff it to Item Level 115 or 120, In a year we'll probably be at Item level 150 or so and they'll be useless again...
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-11 15:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

If killing REM makes 0 impact like you say, then you wouldn't see a new 5+ page thread about it and ppl ask for it every 2 weeks.
A dozen vocal crybabies is nothing. Half of the thread is people telling them to shut up. Most of the threads are the same people. If you really think it's a significant portion of the deactivated accounts, I have no idea what to tell you.
Ignoring the outraged playerbase from several months ago is folly. Just because not all of them are still going on tangents on forums doesn't mean they don't still think, "When are they going to update this?" Sure, some maybe have moved on, some people are too addicted to really quit, or perhaps because they said they'd address it at some point, again, people aren't going off about everyday. (Save for a few people who aren't as up to date on what Matsui posts.)
[+]
By Zerowone 2013-07-11 15:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of this is absurd. This expectation to have the R/M/E's adjusted at this very moment or near future is more of an emotional demand than a reasonable one. If a developer has an intent to implement another 2 to 3 sets of "game breaking" weapons and armor, then why in the hell would they adjust R/M/E's for the currently released content; only to have to make further adjustments when the current content cycle is complete? Also what would be the point of implementing new weapons and activities if all the player base wants to do is focus on one tier of weapons from 2yrs ago? The obvious thing is to dangle a proverbial carrot and lead the player base through new content and items. Then when it is finally done and only then make an adjustment to R/M/E's to match or outclass the new end game content items.

tldr: don't be like old people who do not welcome change and stop being so emotional over digital material.
[+]
By Afania 2013-07-11 15:46:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Some of this is absurd. This expectation to have the R/M/E's adjusted at this very moment or near future is more of an emotional demand than a reasonable one. If a developer has an intent to implement another 2 to 3 sets of "game breaking" weapons and armor, then why in the hell would they adjust R/M/E's for the currently released content; only to have to make further adjustments when the current content cycle is complete? Also what would be the point of implementing new weapons and activities if all the player base wants to do is focus on one tier of weapons from 2yrs ago? The obvious thing is to dangle a proverbial carrot and lead the player base through new content and items. Then when it is finally done and only then make an adjustment to R/M/E's to match or outclass the new end game content items.

tldr: don't be like old people who do not welcome change and stop being so emotional over digital material.

May as well not paying for the product if you're not emotional over digital material.

Honestly what's the point to make ppl NOT being emotional over digital material, when you're selling digital material? Ppl buy iphone, Benz, or w/e product they like, and most of the time it's not even reasonable.

If I'm making an MMO, I'll be super happy if everyone <3 the items in game, and has an emotional attachment to it, because that means more profit. If players don't love their items, they don't pay for it, simple.
[+]
By Tsol 2013-07-11 15:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't really thank you enough for posting this.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-11 15:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

their job is to make the company money by keeping the current player base pleased and/or entice a larger player base than leaves to join.

The exact opposite has happened since Tanaka left (i know. it blows my mind too).

They're not curing cancer or saving the world. They're a dev team. Not to dev a "work of art" or "do the right thing even if its unpopular". Do you think Matsui got a raise after delve dropped? No he probably heard "fix these sub sales. i dont care how or youre gonna be having budget ramen for dinner with tanaka".
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-11 16:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Implying that it's impossible to find a way to drag R/M/E 99 owners through Adoulin content at some point. Most weapons had situational uses over another before Delve came out The expansion just launched, and Matsui even said himself the content was instituted poorly. I like how now that this is an issue, the response from the opposing side is, "Why should old content continue to be relevant?" We've been doing old content for years through one rehash or another, lol. It's what the game has been surviving off instead of trying to come up with brand new content every update. Limbus 2.0, Salvage 2.0, Nyzul 2.0, Einherjar 2.0, synergy augments from ground kings/odin/sky. Where was the bitching about old content then?
 Siren.Knivesz
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-11 16:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of this is absurd. This expectation to have the R/M/E's adjusted at this very moment or near future is more of an emotional demand than a reasonable one.

This is true. A more reasonable expectation would have been for SE to have had plans already in place that would have allowed the upgrades of R/M/E to take place alongside the release of each tier of these new weapons. That or they should never have allowed relics and mythics to have been upgradeable in level via magian trials in the first place as this act is the primary source of all the confusion in this mess. If relics/mythics were never intended to be the pinnacles in weaponry why are they even allowed to be upgraded past 75? Waiting till the current content cycle is over to implement the R/M/E upgrades makes no sense either since you will either:

(1) Force the players to make the delve weapons anyway in order to be able to participate in the events (after which who gives a **** if they upgrade R/M/E you already have a delve weapon or higher you can use)

(2) Force players to unsubscribe for months until all the content in the current content cycle is released and they finally receive their R/M/E upgrades. Then repeat this same problem when the next content cycle arrives and these same players unsubscribe again till the end when their weapons are made relevant again.

The second situation actually wouldn't be so bad if SE released content at a continuous and accelerated rate (thus minimizing the amount of time these people are unsubscribed) but this is SE we are talking about and it takes them years to even add new summons, let alone complete content cycles.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-07-11 16:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zohnax said: »
Implying that it's impossible to find a way to drag R/M/E 99 owners through Adoulin content at some point. Most weapons had situational uses over another before Delve came out The expansion just launched, and Matsui even said himself the content was instituted poorly. I like how now that this is an issue, the response from the opposing side is, "Why should old content continue to be relevant?" We've been doing old content for years through one rehash or another, lol. It's what the game has been surviving off instead of trying to come up with brand new content every update. Limbus 2.0, Salvage 2.0, Nyzul 2.0, Einherjar 2.0, synergy augments from ground kings/odin/sky. Where was the bitching about old content then?

Right here on this forum? No one was happy that they were just rehashing old events, especially after Limbus 2.0 turned out to be worthless. Nyzul 2.0 created a lot of bitching as well. Einjerhar 2.0 came and went with barely any notice. People wanted new events, and they wanted them to be good. One of those things happened.
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2013-07-11 16:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

their job is to make the company money by keeping the current player base pleased and/or entice a larger player base than leaves to join.

The exact opposite has happened since Tanaka left (i know. it blows my mind too).

They're not curing cancer or saving the world. They're a dev team. Not to dev a "work of art" or "do the right thing even if its unpopular". Do you think Matsui got a raise after delve dropped? No he probably heard "fix these sub sales. i dont care how or youre gonna be having budget ramen for dinner with tanaka".

The job of this game for the SE team IS to make money. Its 5:22pm EST time, and as of now there are 612 people on my server on. Compared to 3 weeks ago, when the number was well past 1200. I'm standing here for 40 min now, and I've seen 2 shouts total, one for dynamis xarc exp, and amazingly someone wants to plasm farm. I log on to do something, noone is here, log off, then do it all again later. I'm not here to *** about R/M/E, I got one relic (Gungnir, i know, i know...), but I DID like to farm dyna for a lil pocket cash. That's worthless now. Was gonna make a mythic polearm, but for 1/4 of the gil, I can get a DMG 266 polearm that totally smokes its ***. Heck, if i could uninstall every expansion but adoulin I could potentially free up 9gb on my hard drive, since the rest are almost worthless anyway. Where the PEOPLE AT??? I CAN tell u one thing, they can't be happy, cus they damn sure ain't here....
[+]
 Sylph.Jrpg
Server: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-07-11 16:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Misconception No.3: God tier weapons should belong to "real" endgame player, not random gimps spamming brainless dyna everyday for 3 months! You just want best gear to show off in PJ!

This is actually true to an extent. FFXI's battle system ceases to be fun somewhere around the vacinity of level 20 on your first job. If you're still entertained by "auto-attack and use JA once a minute" then more power to you.

The average player either plays to get the best gear, or plays to stay ahead of the other guy. If you had a magic button that gave you the best gear the second it came out, how long could you honestly have fun grinding and grinding for nothing? I also am of the opinion that anyone who says "i don't play to be better than anyone" is a liar (but that's an opinion).

wanted to chime in here to say that I still enjoy FFXI's battle system. It's mainly the "thrill" of being at capped haste with 3-4 lines of buffs, doing redonkulous damage numbers and the self-satisfaction of refining your dps to as high as it can go with spreadsheet data/understanding mechanics. It's also why I leveled BRD and enjoy playing it, because I know just how valuable it is to have songs up. Just me though.

As for Delve, I like my Delve weapon, but I kinda dread doing the event nowadays to farm more plasm. I do find it a bit boring, but it's moreso feeling lazy/unmotivated lately, and there's no place for that in Delve. Go full at it with full force or nothing.
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-11 16:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Jrpg said: »

Misconception No.3: God tier weapons should belong to "real" endgame player, not random gimps spamming brainless dyna everyday for 3 months! You just want best gear to show off in PJ!

This is actually true to an extent. FFXI's battle system ceases to be fun somewhere around the vacinity of level 20 on your first job. If you're still entertained by "auto-attack and use JA once a minute" then more power to you.

The average player either plays to get the best gear, or plays to stay ahead of the other guy. If you had a magic button that gave you the best gear the second it came out, how long could you honestly have fun grinding and grinding for nothing? I also am of the opinion that anyone who says "i don't play to be better than anyone" is a liar (but that's an opinion).

wanted to chime in here to say that I still enjoy FFXI's battle system. It's mainly the "thrill" of being at capped haste with 3-4 lines of buffs, doing redonkulous damage numbers and the self-satisfaction of refining your dps to as high as it can go with spreadsheet data/understanding mechanics. It's also why I leveled BRD and enjoy playing it, because I know just how valuable it is to have songs up. Just me though.

As for Delve, I like my Delve weapon, but I kinda dread doing the event nowadays to farm more plasm. I do find it a bit boring, but it's moreso feeling lazy/unmotivated lately, and there's no place for that in Delve. Go full at it with full force or nothing.

I actually enjoy the battle system as well, but I'm lacking motivation too. I've never been in a high end LS as it's just not my thing, which means most of what I do in Delve is plasm farm. I got the three weapons and the armor pieces I wanted. While I could get a couple things to gear for Tojil or something, it just doesn't seem like it's worth the time, when we have another update in a month that could very well replace a lot of that gear.

I dunno, the rapid replacement of gear is making me feel like the sense of accomplishment doesn't feel as exciting.

Started my Mog Garden today though. That was actually kind of fun. I always loved Harvest Moon. >.>
By Blazed1979 2013-07-11 17:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

That reminds me, Why the hell did they invest server space and manpower hours into meebles only to have SoA come out one month later and make it obsolete. Does anyone meeble anymore?
[+]
By Quiznor 2013-07-11 17:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
That reminds me, Why the hell did they invest server space and manpower hours into meebles only to have SoA come out one month later and make it obsolete. Does anyone meeble anymore?

1 month later? I'm pretty sure meebles launched ages ago. It just wasnt very useful for ages
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-11 17:09:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I see like a shout for it every couple of days on Ragnarok. There's usually one item or something that people want. Letalis Mantle is great for a lot of DDs for Delve stuff.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-11 17:18:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can't beat Orunmila's Torque either.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-11 17:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the big thing to me too. It's not just RME that got shat on. I remember really wanting the pulse GA from meebles to *** around with. There is absolutely NO compulsion to do that anymore. If one dropped while farming other junk (although i have no clue why anyone would want batallia anymore) I would probably take it for an hour and *** off with it before dropping.

The mul fists, coruscanti, borealis. Some people went 1/1 on them, I'm sure, but the satisfaction of acquiring anything before delve is completely gone. When 80 cap etc came out at least we had a while to ease into the new gear, or some of the old was relevant for an update or two. I just really can't wrap my head around "every month this ***is now garbage" etc.

It's really demeaning to past updates and kind of sets a precedent for requiring leaps and bounds every update. Now instead of being able to wrangle subscriptions out of people for years they've essentially cut their potential growth "room" in half. That is unless we're going to be fighting 20million hp nms with 900 damage weapons in a year (and 1 shot fracture bosses) etc.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-11 17:37:26
Link | Quote | Reply

No he probably heard "fix these sub sales. i dont care how or youre gonna be having budget ramen for dinner with tanaka".

I was thinking the continous log-in deal supports this assumption
[+]
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-11 17:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the big thing to me too. It's not just RME that got shat on. I remember really wanting the pulse GA from meebles to *** around with. There is absolutely NO compulsion to do that anymore. If one dropped while farming other junk (although i have no clue why anyone would want batallia anymore) I would probably take it for an hour and *** off with it before dropping.

The mul fists, coruscanti, borealis. Some people went 1/1 on them, I'm sure, but the satisfaction of acquiring anything before delve is completely gone. When 80 cap etc came out at least we had a while to ease into the new gear, or some of the old was relevant for an update or two. I just really can't wrap my head around "every month this ***is now garbage" etc.

It's really demeaning to past updates and kind of sets a precedent for requiring leaps and bounds every update. Now instead of being able to wrangle subscriptions out of people for years they've essentially cut their potential growth "room" in half. That is unless we're going to be fighting 20million hp nms with 900 damage weapons in a year (and 1 shot fracture bosses) etc.

I really wanted the Dual Wield+ katana from Meebles, as well. And there are a couple pieces of Pulse Armor I wanted from VW that I haven't had the inclination to shout for because chances are a new piece of Adoulin gear will come along that'll do the same job with fractions of the effort involved.

I can't wrap my head around it either. You'd think, with the small development staff they have, that a long period of relevancy for all content would be beneficial to them.
 Asura.Arkanethered
Server: Asura
By Asura.Arkanethered 2013-07-11 21:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you're absolutely correct here... 2+ years ago the godly gear we all fapped over was a side-grade by today's standards. The leaps and bounds have not only instilled a huge gear curve that killed r/m/e but also has *** blocked a good portion of the player base from new content. ***Takes a delve weapon to get into delve to get a delve weapon, repeat ad-nausium.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-07-12 02:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This, every time when I see ppl go "Game's better and more fun without REM!" or "You just refuse to move on like an old ppl, you should change and deal with it", I felt sad, and wanted to laugh on the same time.

Words can't describe how it felt when I got my lv 85 empy(and other accomplishments took months or years to get). It's probably *** easy to obtain now and doesn't mean ***, but I did VNM stage at 75 cap and started working on empy items before red proc was discovered, it was much harder and I spent months of hard work to finish it. When lv 85 empy was done, it was rare at that time, and very game changing, the empy just has personality itself. Most important of all it's supposed to be top tier gear for next 5 years or until server shut down at least. So all that months of effort and hard work is worth it. I was very, very pleased and satisfied with the reward. It was a memorable epic experience that I can't get in any other RPG nor other MMORPG titles.

As for delve boss weapons, I logged on randomly, saw a group of ppl doing Morimar NM runs, so I joined on Blue Cotehardie NQ(which was a lv 75 era gear, mind you) COR, messed up entire run for 45 min. 45 min later I went to the NPC, happened to had 200k plasm, and got a Buramenk'ah.

The entire time I spent on getting a Buramenk'ah, which is currently best sword in this game, was about 10 hours. 10 hours including getting 200k plasm(doesn't take very long to get 200k when 1 tojil death gave 60000), waiting for ally to gather together, and a fail try with another PUG last week.

Then I sit in my MH looking at Buramenk'ah, thinking "Damn, this sword looks ugly, and I probably need to toss it after 3 months for better gears". Well, I was happy that I got a Buramenk'ah, but nowhere near as happy as getting a lv 85 empy for 1st time when the idea of having to toss Buramenk'ah after 3 months kept coming back at me.

I already gave delve weapons a chance for 30k weapons, then gave it another chance for 200k weapons. But it failed to satisfy me over and over. Ppl need to stop telling me "forget about REM, move on and do new content", I already tried, and proved that it doesn't feel the same.
[+]
By Chyula 2013-07-12 02:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

You can take away a man's food/money/wife/life but you can't take away a man's EPEEN size!. /cry.......................................

Woman player don't exist -.-
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9