users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Info on E/R/M weapons future
Info on E/R/M weapons future
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By Afania 2013-07-10 06:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Go get Oatixurs and stop worrying :(

Oatixurs(or w/e other weapon) doesn't fill the void :( Especially when D300 weapon coming soon!
[+]
By Afania 2013-07-10 06:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
SE has no incentive to patch them in a timely or satisfactory manner.

The crybabies who are throwing fits over it have already quit, or made it clear they'll stay.

If they make your weapon better than the current best delve weapons, you'll just say you have no need to do delve because your weapon is better. Then you'll get bored, then you'll unsubscribe, and they don't want that.

Creating a clearly and massively superior weapon that can only be obtained through the new content gives players a huge incentive to actually do the new content.

If you don't like it, play FF14WoW.

Some ppl made it clear to stay because they're waiting for adjustment.

And stop pretending ppl won't do delve/new content without god tier delve weapons. Just make ppl do delve for armor/weapon upgrade/other jobs and keep REM.

Meeble/salvage/NNI/legion doesn't drop REM and ppl still do it all the time before SoA.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-07-10 06:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

heh
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
Server: Ragnarok
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-10 07:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The amount of idiocy in this thread is outstanding.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2013-07-10 08:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The funny thing: SE has announced that they are going to make REM comparable to delve weapons...Delve is not finished...so you want them to instead add the "final" incarnation of REM in the middle of the scaling event when they will just be replaced with the next chapter of the event used to determine how they will scale. Thats just great.

TL;DR;GFU: They are putting Delve out with high as *** stats, then they are going to scale REM to those ridiculously *** stats. Patience is a virtue,etc.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-07-10 08:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
The funny thing: SE has announced that they are going to make REM comparable to delve weapons...Delve is not finished...so you want them to instead add the "final" incarnation of REM in the middle of the scaling event when they will just be replaced with the next chapter of the event used to determine how they will scale. Thats just great.

TL;DR;GFU: They are putting Delve out with high as *** stats, then they are going to scale REM to those ridiculously *** stats. Patience is a virtue,etc.

This is all probably true, but the fact remains REM weapons will be outclassed for a long while.
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
Server: Fenrir
user: Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-07-10 08:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Seiryu said: »
They will just keep increasing the easiness of things to get. Higher item levels and easy-to-get ***. in two months your gear will be out dated again. Its sad how FFXI has fallen into what every other MMO has done. +188 axe skill. did they just pull a number out their ***. So next time, what will they come up with? Evasion +3000? Wouldn't surprise me.

Why wont they just give us the GM armor for LV1 also while their at it. Not like we want the challange anyway :)
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
I think the only reason the development team provides us with any information at all is to piss me off when people don't bother reading it.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/35239
 Ragnarok.Zohnax
user: Baelfael
By Ragnarok.Zohnax 2013-07-10 08:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Enuyasha said: »

This is all probably true, but the fact remains REM weapons will be outclassed for a long while.
I can deal with this as long as the end-game of Adoulin let's my old weapons be more than 200m gil vanity pieces.
 Siren.Methylated
Server: Siren
By Siren.Methylated 2013-07-10 09:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Juuust saying......But these games are for us the "Consumers" right? So should they not be keeping us the "Consumer" happy?

Just a thought.
[+]
 Sylph.Xtinae
Server: Sylph
user: Xtinae
By Sylph.Xtinae 2013-07-10 09:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Methylated said: »
Juuust saying......But these games are for us the "Consumers" right? So should they not be keeping us the "Consumer" happy?

Just a thought.
if inmates ran the asylum, smn's would get pokemon as an avatar.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-10 09:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought.
The games exist to make profit. As much as the aspie little shits that play FFXI love sitting in jeuno with their relics and jerking off to how much better than everyone else they are: that doesn't create a standing subscription. You can only be the best for so long before you get bored of having nowhere to progress and end up quitting.

A relic is a large time investment that you knew would not last forever. They are going to give them another time period of relevance, but you can't expect them to stay the best forever. There is new and challenging content out, why should the best weapons in the game come from something that could be cleared by a particularly intelligent monkey? By adding challenging content and undeniably superior gear that comes from it, they've either motivated you to gear up and give it your all or made you realize you only played because your relic grinding made you feel superior. Those people were not going to be long-term players anyway, it's not a recipe for enjoyment.

They're catering to the endgame playerbase, the people that have played a long *** time and enjoy the game for the game. They've made it clear they don't give a ***about people who grind easy content just to feel faux-superior. If you enjoyed farming your relic, you shouldn't be that upset to part with it. If you didn't enjoy farming it, you should *** why you play in the first place, because that's a pretty huge time commitment doing something you don't even like.
By Chyula 2013-07-10 09:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

A few hundred cry baby at most Vs a few thousand gain of new or casual players. I think the math is clear in this one, now quit or play the new contents and stfu. Be glad you're getting new contents every few months instead of no new contents for many years like during the ToAU era.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-07-10 09:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
A few hundred cry baby at most Vs a few thousand gain of new or casual players. I think the math is clear in this one, now quit or play the new contents and stfu. Be glad you're getting new contents every few months instead of no new contents for many years like during the ToAU era.

A few thousand gain of new/casual players? Lol. I don't see 3~5k ppl on my server, nice math. Let's admit getting rid of REM isn't saving the game already.
By ryson 2013-07-10 09:43:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely feel the need to post anything in forums... I have been playing FFXI for right around 9 years now and i am sorry but all of the people freaking out about things need to get a grip. Realize that the game always follows a pattern with the seasons. Here is about to be what happens ... Sometime this winter(NA) we will hear about a new extremely annoying way to upgrade all our old "Big" weapons ... we will work hard, save gil, build new sets of gear to prepare for the upcoming content...When launched, all of the new drop rates/wtfever they make us do will be way harder than we ever imagined as so to distract us from how long the wait will be to actual new release of next content ... after we do all of this preparing(and waiting) the new content will then be released at an extremely inconvenient time(presummer NA) as so that the seasoned players can let the content work the bugs out... by winter of 2014 we will be right back chomping at the bit capped out weapons and pimp *** gear for content that is meh... we are FFXI players!
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-07-10 10:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked it back at 75 relics/mythics were top tier but if you didnt have one that wad fine there were very reasonable options to use instead.

Do I think RME should stay top tier? Yes I do but like at 75 they shouldnt be the be all and end of weapons there should be slightly less powerful options. Did people *** at 75 that relics/mythics were too hard to obtain? No they didnt they got on with w/e they were doing and shut the hell up. I doubt the community can go back to that way of thinking as people get too butt hurt very easily and too quickly.
 Phoenix.Radatz
Server: Phoenix
user: Radatz
By Phoenix.Radatz 2013-07-10 10:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought.

and how do you propose they make EVERY consumer happy? yes there is a lot of outcry for REM upgrade I get that. but they have already said theyre going to fix them. everything takes time! the reason theyre waiting until the end of the update is probably because theyre testing new weapons and trying to add new gear and new items first.

why? because they have no Idea on what to do with them yet, and theyre probably looking at ways to make them much better than just a simple damage boost. if the new weapons that just came out are any clue to what we can expect, REM might get a whole lot more done to them.
 Asura.Aikchan
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-10 10:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a thought.
A relic is a large time investment that you knew would not last forever.

When did you find that ?.. after they started getting your relic to 80, then 85, oh wait 90, 95 and 99!.. sure you knew it wouldnt last forever?... try again..

It's SE fault, they could just leave them 75. then would have 2 useless "event" Dynamis and Salvage.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-10 10:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Radatz said: »
Juuust saying......But these games are for us the "Consumers" right? So should they not be keeping us the "Consumer" happy? Just a thought.
and how do you propose they make EVERY consumer happy? yes there is a lot of outcry for REM upgrade I get that. but they have already said theyre going to fix them. everything takes time! the reason theyre waiting until the end of the update is probably because theyre testing new weapons and trying to add new gear and new items first. why? because they have no Idea on what to do with them yet, and theyre probably looking at ways to make them much better than just a simple damage boost. if the new weapons that just came out are any clue to what we can expect, REM might get a whole lot more done to them.

I don't buy the "testing" thing, look how long they've had to "test" things that go live with unbelievable levels of WTF. SE is just a poorly run company, there really is no more detailed explination than that. They are out of touch with thier client base and riding the success of a franchise that really hasn't been good in a long time. More and more diehard SE fanboys are walking away and they're doing next to nothing to keep the customers they have.
 Bahamut.Sobius
Server: Bahamut
user: Sobius
By Bahamut.Sobius 2013-07-10 10:54:19
Link | Quote | Reply

There is new and challenging content out, why should the best weapons in the game come from something that could be cleared by a particularly intelligent monkey?

I'm not trying to criticize your point; I do agree that the game should be moving progressively, but isn't this what Delve is now? Get the clear, farm plasm (IE currency/empy mob items) till you're blue in the face and get said item?

I guess part of the question we have to ask, is what is more challenging at this point? Making an Empy/Relic/Mythic, or happening to be in the right Delve at the right time? I suppose neither is particularly diffiuclt - I have certainly seen some poor *** DD's walking around with Delve weapons because they happened to have a couple of good PLD's and BRD's to get them through a single event. It's pretty outrageous that groups will take a Delve equipped DD in empy+1 gear over relic/mythic/empy players who, at the very least spent some actual time playing that job to get those items (in theory of course).

I think most of us can agree that everything in the game should eventually be outdated (though SE has some interesting ideas about how long that should be - we're all still using the suppanomimi after 8 years). But allowing a single drop item that is doubly better than anything else out there does seem a bit unfair, given the precedent set in the past. As unlikely as that seems at the moment, it could happen, and no one got an apocalypse dropped to them accident.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-07-10 11:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What bothers me is that the key items to purchase top tier weapons can easily be purchased from high end LSs. And of the course the AH ones are pretty much the same deal.

The new content is fun but how items are obtained...meh.
By Quiznor 2013-07-10 11:34:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aikchan said: »

Just a thought.
A relic is a large time investment that you knew would not last forever.

When did you find that ?.. after they started getting your relic to 80, then 85, oh wait 90, 95 and 99!.. sure you knew it wouldnt last forever?... try again..

It's SE fault, they could just leave them 75. then would have 2 useless "event" Dynamis and Salvage.

One word should suffice to answer your question on "when did we know that"

Hagun

Or

Destroyers

Or

(More than 1 word here) anything that wasnt gungnir

Edit: shoulda left R/M at 75,E at 90 and left delve for 99. They kept digging themselves deeper and deeper because of it now
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-07-10 12:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

It's amusing how many comments say "if you dont like it quit"

Relics were released and se said "these weapons wont be for everyone, just the dedicated few who can manage obtaining them" and upgraded them as caps went up. Mythics are newer and were made to support the toau events and dedicated members who were willing to invest into the game to have something others would see and feel proud of their achievements from the game as a whole. These things are much easier to get now but the problem everyone with these weapons isnt "QQ my weapon isnt the best anymore" its more like "i spent xx time to make something that is now replaced by gear from a 20 minute fight and despite the upgrade promised to us, will eventually be worthless again because se said they didnt plan to drag them along anymore." SoA made xi a brand new game, theres nothing wrong with people leaving it because the game they liked went away, it happened after abyssea was released too. There's also nothing wrong with those who enjoy the way things are now either.

The one thing that can't be ignored though is soa brought one of the steepest declines in server activity in the history of ffxi. With 14 rereleasing in a month, and looking very promising to boot, the outlook isnt great for xi's potential.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-10 12:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Matsui, SE's answer to Jay Wilson.

inb4 200 pages.
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 12:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

+1'd with all my accounts. Well said.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-07-10 12:10:23
Link | Quote | Reply

*footnote

Ashman & I are not blazed's mules.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2013-07-10 12:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
*footnote

Not yet at least.
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2013-07-10 12:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
I hope they never do it, personally. I'd like them set their focus on the future content and better character development rather holding the hand of people who cry over this kind of ***.

Well said!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-07-10 12:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
*footnote

OR ARE WE?