Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Info on E/R/M weapons future
Info on E/R/M weapons future
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2013-07-09 19:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 95's. Spent 320 millon on HMP's . I am kind of pissed. I played on the 360. No bots and only 1 account. I farmed dyna, and Abby, even pulled tricks in Port Jeuno. LOL!! It seemed like it took forever. People I feel really bad for are those with 99 though.
[+]
 Asura.Gabba
Server: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-07-09 19:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Bloodbathboy said: »
I have 2 95's. Spent 320 millon on HMP's . I am kind of pissed. I played on the 360. No bots and only 1 account. I farmed dyna, and Abby, even pulled tricks in Port Jeuno. LOL!! It seemed like it took forever. People I feel really bad for are those with 99 though.

get them 99?.. simple..
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2013-07-09 19:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If I come back I will. Spent to much time making them even to 95. It is a matter of principle now.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-09 19:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has no incentive to patch them in a timely or satisfactory manner.

The crybabies who are throwing fits over it have already quit, or made it clear they'll stay.

If they make your weapon better than the current best delve weapons, you'll just say you have no need to do delve because your weapon is better. Then you'll get bored, then you'll unsubscribe, and they don't want that.

Creating a clearly and massively superior weapon that can only be obtained through the new content gives players a huge incentive to actually do the new content.

If you don't like it, play FF14WoW.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-07-09 20:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

The crybabies who are throwing fits over it have already quit, or made it clear they'll stay.

If they make your weapon better than the current best delve weapons, you'll just say you have no need to do delve because your weapon is better. Then you'll get bored, then you'll unsubscribe, and they don't want that.

Creating a clearly and massively superior weapon that can only be obtained through the new content gives players a huge incentive to actually do the new content.

The smartest thing would be to just continue the Dynamis story - *** it, make Dynamis - Memorial Library, peopel will buy anything. Make everyone happy.
[+]
 Bismarck.Bloodbathboy
By Bismarck.Bloodbathboy 2013-07-09 20:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if 99's do become better. I would do it to help plp who need it.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-07-09 20:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Imo, Delve alone isn't comparable to pre-Adoulin FFXI, which used to comprise several other events and forms of entertainment (Neo-Salvage, Neo-Limbus, Neo-Einherjar, Neo-Nyzul, ADL, etc etc.) which were all pretty rewarding (for the most part at least).

I'ts not just the relics tbh, rather the whole of what we used to know of FFXI that was changed dramatically.

Given the way SE always tried to keep some armor, weapons and events relevant throughout the 75>99 climb, it's only natural to expect at least the latest ones (I wouldn't expect Aby armor to stay at the top, for example) to keep up, if anything, for continuity over the path SE itself had gotten us used to.

That said, do I care if lvl75 Abj. or Sky gear is 99.9% useless nowadays? No. But if you had people endure some mind boggling (or simply very annoying) trials promising them they'd still be able to equip their lvl75 Relic or Mythic or lvl 90 Mythic at lvl99, then they ought to stick to that and keep them up to par. Otherwise they should've simply said, "lvl 75 gear is over guys, get over it" from the start.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-09 20:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You might, but a lot of people won't. Look how few completed Meebles. A lot of FFXI players only care about having the best gear, and will completely skip content if it doesn't offer an attractive enough item.

If SE wanted to patch R/M/E, they would have done it already. It could have been coded in a day by an intern. They obviously have their reasons for putting it off, and I fully support them.

@Sheelay:
Dynamis - Augmented gear is useful for nearly(if not completely) every job.
Limbus - Enif corazza is best in slot for some situations. Some of the HQ nashira is best in slot.
Einherjar - Laeradr is best in slot for DT-.
Sky - Wlegs are still the only movement option for some jobs. Zenith feet are a strong piece when augmented.
Sea - Novio, Novia still best in slot for their uses. Ninurta's/Aureole for stun. Mars for some TP sets. Minervas for MDT if no dring.
Meebles - Letalis took a blow this update, but it's still best for a couple jobs in a couple situations. Orunmila's best for stun.
Assault - Mythics, many of which are still best.
NNI - Many pieces still best.
Legion - Epic gil, handful of ra/ex that are still best.
I do have a group that can clear T6 delve, and I've got most of my delve gear. I still do quite a bit of older content, for myself or friends..
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-07-09 20:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You might, but a lot of people won't. Look how few completed Meebles. A lot of FFXI players only care about having the best gear, and will completely skip content if it doesn't offer an attractive enough item.

If SE wanted to patch R/M/E, they would have done it already. It could have been coded in a day by an intern. They obviously have their reasons for putting it off, and I fully support them.

Imo Meebles was a short lived event simply because there were too many "adequate" alternatives to the gear the event offered, so instead of trying something totally new, people went for the usual sets of events.

Imo the only reason SE hasn't updated them yet is because they are focused on other, more urgent (or who knows, even completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, given it's SE) matters.

They are probably delaying the R/E/M update because of how easy and repetitive it had become to finish a R/E/M and SE wanted to shake players out of getting all the "goodies" once and for all, potentially becoming bored and leaving the game for good.

By causing the R/E/M uproar instead, and delaying pertaining fixes, they are getting many players back in the grinder to have them work on replacement "goodies".
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-09 20:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Imo, Delve alone isn't comparable to pre-Adoulin FFXI, which used to comprise several other events and forms of entertainment (Neo-Salvage, Neo-Limbus, Neo-Einherjar, Neo-Nyzul, ADL, etc etc.)

Most of Neo salvage/limbus/nyzle/ein piece that were best in slot before adoulin, are still best in slot now outside of wpn/adl/vw plate farm, almost everything is still usefull now.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-07-09 20:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Imo, Delve alone isn't comparable to pre-Adoulin FFXI, which used to comprise several other events and forms of entertainment (Neo-Salvage, Neo-Limbus, Neo-Einherjar, Neo-Nyzul, ADL, etc etc.)

Most of Neo salvage/limbus/nyzle/ein piece that were best in slot before adoulin, are still best in slot now outside of wpn/adl/vw plate farm, almost everything is still usefull now.

Useful but not best.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-09 20:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not claiming they WON'T update R/M/E. I'm saying it's not on their priorities, and it's certainly not in their best interests. There should be little doubt they're deliberately delaying it, it's a very easy implementation.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-07-09 20:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of Neo salvage/limbus/nyzle/ein piece that were best in slot before adoulin, are still best in slot now outside of wpn/adl/vw plate farm, almost everything is still usefull for now.
ftfy
 Ragnarok.Alahra
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2013-07-09 20:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not claiming they WON'T update R/M/E. I'm saying it's not on their priorities, and it's certainly not in their best interests. There should be little doubt they're deliberately delaying it, it's a very easy implementation.

It's very easy to those of us that think rational. The FFXI team (both old and new) has always had a problem with doing things in a manner far more convoluted than they need to be.

They're probably paranoid that they have to do this "right," as I think the attachment to REM for those that were most vocal caught them off guard. Personally, I don't understand why they didn't just incorporate them into the new grind to begin with. 60k plasm and your Relic is Item Level 113, 120k plasm and it's 120 (or whatever--numbers pulled out of thin air).

I would have thought they'd have already been familiar with the fact that part of the playerbase wanted REM weapons to stay current after Empyreans came out and they added the Magian Trial updates later (from what I understand, in response to players being upset with Empyreans out-dating Relics to begin with).
 Asura.Thessius
By Asura.Thessius 2013-07-09 20:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait till they come out with the synergy recipe to combine all the weapons. I personally can't wait for the moment I can make my spharai have 999999999 base and gives me the ability to shoot wildfire out my rear then wave my hands for mystic boon, while air guitaring my dauradabla to the tune of Kefka destroying the world....... If only.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-07-09 21:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's continue to beat this dead horse ehhh? Old topic meow.
By Sieha1 2013-07-09 21:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

so much emo over stuff you paid so much money for. I knew it would happen, i didnt 99 my relics, I kept my money haha everyone was suckered into that.

now much better spend that money on upgrading delve weapons and have some left over for good food.
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-09 21:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Useful but not best.

salvage
Usu feet/usu head/usu body are still as good a preupdate.
Ares legs/Hands still best.
Sigyn/Nabu that were best still are.
Ein: body/head still best.
Nyzle:
Most of thaumas/phorcys are still best.

PW/legion are still the only way (unless maybe mog garden?) To get some of the mats for the crafted wpn.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-09 21:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
Let's continue to beat this dead horse ehhh? Old topic meow.
There was a section near its tail that hadn't been emulsified yet.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-07-09 21:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It would appear so.
 Odin.Setto
By Odin.Setto 2013-07-09 21:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gib said: »
Odin.Setto said: »
focalin said: »
So came back to the game today to find SE srewed r/e/m owners really bad. I heard they were going to fix this somehow in the future. Anyone have more info on this as I am going to deactivate my accounts again till this bs is fixed.
I spent two weeks and 100 million gil on a piece of equipment it should be future proof! Q.Q

So you're making fun of how easy R/E are to obtain?

Last time I checked there's a lot less time involved getting a Delve weapon rank 15. Hell even Tojil weapons are easier.

When something gets upgrade paths like R/E/M and you continually invest time to keep it up to date, yeah you kind of expect it to continue to stay current.
oh please, indulge me, how hard is it to get those weapons :P I know people that camped sky for YEARS to get pieces of armor and even they didn't *** as much as some do over R/E's

and people got a lot of good months/Relics out of those weapons, I mean should the game stay stagnant cause a minority of the player base spent a lot of time/money on gear?

I never said they were hard, they are time consuming. At each level cap SE introduced a new trial to keep R/E/M relevant and all I'm saying is a lot of us expected them to keep up because as the work compounds with each trial only more and more time was spent to get it there. Because of this I've always felt different about R/E/M weapons, I've been playing since NA PC release I know all about the wait for Sky gear, and many other events. Hell I even would say some days I miss the old lv75 point system LSes, but now I'm getting sidetracked. Most gear you get and yeah you expect it to be replaced but 99 weapons that were built up trial after trial and I just feel different about them. I started building Masamune before it was called Masamune. I thought hey that 89base dmg gkt could be interesting, probably won't beat my Hagun but lets build it and have some fun!

I think it's hilarious you make fun of how 'easy' 99 relic and empyrean's, sorry I find Delve weapons 100x easier. It's far easier to buy Airlixir +1 than it is to buy Heavy metal plates, especially now that less and less people are doing VW. Hell even when I did my 99 Cinders were so short in supply I had to make a ton of shouts and beg everyone in my shout to sell me their Cinders. You say these weapons can be built in two weeks, well maybe for some but for a lot of us we chipped away at these and put effort in. Maybe I'm too attached to my weapon, maybe I just don't to feel like all that work was for nothing.

I get your point other gear is replaced and it's almost silly to care about any of it, but for some reason I care about my Masa. Yes SE says "don't toss your R/E/M" but how long is that fix going to take? Also knowing SE it won't actually be fixed. After all with 25 save tp on Tsurumaru it gives a lot more flexibility in gear.

You probably think I'm silly and that your opinion, but weapons coming out that are easier and are miles ahead in a lot of cases doesn't feel right.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-09 21:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So came back to the game today to find SE srewed r/e/m owners really bad. I heard they were going to fix this somehow in the future. Anyone have more info on this as I am going to deactivate my accounts again till this bs is fixed.
I spent two weeks and 100 million gil on a piece of equipment it should be future proof! Q.Q
So you're making fun of how easy R/E are to obtain? Last time I checked there's a lot less time involved getting a Delve weapon rank 15. Hell even Tojil weapons are easier. When something gets upgrade paths like R/E/M and you continually invest time to keep it up to date, yeah you kind of expect it to continue to stay current.
oh please, indulge me, how hard is it to get those weapons :P I know people that camped sky for YEARS to get pieces of armor and even they didn't *** as much as some do over R/E's and people got a lot of good months/Relics out of those weapons, I mean should the game stay stagnant cause a minority of the player base spent a lot of time/money on gear?
I never said they were hard, they are time consuming. At each level cap SE introduced a new trial to keep R/E/M relevant and all I'm saying is a lot of us expected them to keep up because as the work compounds with each trial only more and more time was spent to get it there. Because of this I've always felt different about R/E/M weapons, I've been playing since NA PC release I know all about the wait for Sky gear, and many other events. Hell I even would say some days I miss the old lv75 point system LSes, but now I'm getting sidetracked. Most gear you get and yeah you expect it to be replaced but 99 weapons that were built up trial after trial and I just feel different about them. I started building Masamune before it was called Masamune. I thought hey that 89base dmg gkt could be interesting, probably won't beat my Hagun but lets build it and have some fun! I think it's hilarious you make fun of how 'easy' 99 relic and empyrean's, sorry I find Delve weapons 100x easier. It's far easier to buy Airlixir +1 than it is to buy Heavy metal plates, especially now that less and less people are doing VW. Hell even when I did my 99 Cinders were so short in supply I had to make a ton of shouts and beg everyone in my shout to sell me their Cinders. You say these weapons can be built in two weeks, well maybe for some but for a lot of us we chipped away at these and put effort in. Maybe I'm too attached to my weapon, maybe I just don't to feel like all that work was for nothing. I get your point other gear is replaced and it's almost silly to care about any of it, but for some reason I care about my Masa. Yes SE says "don't toss your R/E/M" but how long is that fix going to take? Also knowing SE it won't actually be fixed. After all with 25 save tp on Tsurumaru it gives a lot more flexibility in gear. You probably think I'm silly and that your opinion, but weapons coming out that are easier and are miles ahead in a lot of cases doesn't feel right.

One thing CAN be said about the handful of 99's that were actually really good before delve is that their power is intact. The power of Mythics is intact, though most were nearly irrelevant before, the few relics that were good in thier own right like Apoc and Bravura still have thier uses. And many of the empyrean WS are still pretty potent. It wouldn't take much to make them relevant again.

Like many posters have said, as long as people are staying subbed and grinding delve weapons and gear, there is no incentive to adjust RME till that content dries up.
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-07-09 22:23:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sieha1 said: »
so much emo over stuff you paid so much money for. I knew it would happen, i didnt 99 my relics, I kept my money haha everyone was suckered into that.

now much better spend that money on upgrading delve weapons and have some left over for good food.

The hypocrisy in laughing at people who have 99 a relic because they wasted money making it and then saying your gonna waste money upgrading a delve weapon that is probably gonna be obsolete in a year from now anyway (if they aren't already) lol.
 Asura.Gabba
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-07-09 22:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Useful but not best.

salvage
Nyzle:

PW/legion are still the only way (unless maybe mog garden?) To get some of the mats for the crafted wpn.

Usu head/feets lolno...
Thaumas? Just body... Read last patch notes...

Others no idea don't play war, drg, drk, Sam.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-09 22:50:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gabba said: »
Useful but not best.
salvage Usu feet/usu head/usu body are still as good a preupdate. Ares legs/Hands still best. Sigyn/Nabu that were best still are. Ein: body/head still best. Nyzle: Most of thaumas/phorcys are still best. PW/legion are still the only way (unless maybe mog garden?) To get some of the mats for the crafted wpn.
Usu head/feets lolno... Thaumas? Just body... Read last patch notes... Others no idea don't play war, drg, drk, Sam.

SAM and MNK are the reason Usu is still good.
WAR/DRK are the reason Phorcys is still good.
Thamaus coat is still best body for a few jobs
hands for fastcast, feet are solid if you don't need haste, head for wildfire, etc.

You do realize that jobs you don't play have a use for gear you don't use, right?
 Asura.Ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-07-09 22:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Gabba said: »

Useful but not best.

salvage
Nyzle:

Usu head/feets lolno...
Thaumas? Just body... Read last patch notes...

Others no idea don't play war, drg, drk, Sam.

Can I see your sam and mnk gear please; looks like I missed the last patch note :(
By quilly 2013-07-09 22:58:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw the title thread, my hope rose a little.
Read the OP.

Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-07-10 05:59:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
No one is crying I just spent a lto of time and gil to take apoc vere and spharai to 99. If anything its the opposite, se is holding the hand of the nub player ^ ....

And I made a Mythic and zero *** would be given if they update it or not, preferably if they didn't and continued on with giving us better things to invest our time into.

Problem is game doesn't get better/more fun without REM. Stop pretending game would "get better" and "move on" without REM.
Grinding boring delve weapon and use it for 1 month just isn't exciting.

Odin.Jassik said: »

Like many posters have said, as long as people are staying subbed and grinding delve weapons and gear, there is no incentive to adjust RME till that content dries up.

Problem is grinding ugly delve weapon just to grind new delve weapon next month isn't exciting. This game gonna lose sub if REM adjustment not coming.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-10 06:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Go get Oatixurs and stop worrying :(
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9