Oh~and Youre Parents Must Be Straight...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Oh~and youre parents must be straight...
Oh~and youre parents must be straight...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Malekith 2010-03-11 04:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

@Blindphleb you proved my point, so please don't take me out of context.

We're obviously reading the same things. If I really care to dig deeper, I just have to make a few phone calls out there to find out what my friends who do practice in that area think.

The quote you threw at me says it all, "Their actions might be legal, but that doesn't make them right," she said. "It's frustrating and disappointing."

I read that, and I took from it that folks are upset but really have their hands tied. Much as it looks like it may be illegal they have nothing but sour grapes and sad faces...

IF this whole unfortunate situation was so heinous this would be national news and Oprah would be all over this like white on rice. It is not, It's not going to be, and in a few weeks it will die down.

@Blurr hey man if you're from colorado and want to throw me a statute Code and section please do. Sadly my workplace won't let me use Lexis-Nexis to go digging the way I'd like to and frankly I got better things to do than use google to go digging to win an argument on the internet.

The ball is in your court, I'd really like to see what the law on point says. So show me that I'll take my words back and my interest level in this whole affair will go from ho-hum to hmm... interesting...

Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-03-11 04:37:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Kind of strange a lesbian couple would enter their child in a private (let alone Catholic) school willingly. Seems kind of counter productive considering the general background of the way things are for their family and how Catholic administrators would look/act upon individuals of that particular group.

I agree it's *** up in general, and in this case it seems to be breaking a state law or two based on discrimination limits; but really, the kid is better off going to a public school where a wider range of parents and children and overall community is understanding and accepting for those of different creed, gender, sexual orientation, culture, race etc.
 Garuda.Feifongwong
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2010-03-11 04:39:53
Link | Quote | Reply

just reading the OP, i'm not sifting through a 6 page thread after 5am...

Obviously its the child's fault. Come on, the kid should have chosen better parents if they wanted to go to that school!! What the hell wrong with that kid? Geez lesbian parents, that kid should have spoken up about their parents' sins!

150% the child's fault!!

Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-11 05:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act_of_1964#Title_IV

and what is defined as an employer of colorado ?

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:Kevwyy4UsJ0J:www.lac.org/doc_library/lac/KYR-trainings/CO_KYR.pdf+Colorado+anti-discrimination+act&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESha1-S3hVLW85LTeHrJfuLXmAMir8BYfLRkNdRPpHJrpTwVYc95Tgb_Yy3Lf5N2mlg8pVfhCXXs3m6Ul1fvmm3XdaeA_OYa0Tv2Mrqg2K2GPKfR4l2Cs_5rCcAXUNWyspfu3Ahr&sig=AHIEtbS1I4oXtoSU3Qh_z1K6mfYSvEj8Zg

Q6. what employers are covered by CADA (colorado anti-discrimination act)
A6. CADA defines "employer" as the state of colorado or any political subdivision, commission, department, institution, or school district, and every other person employing persons within the state, except religious institutions.

a catholic school is NOT a religious institution.. which by definition is an institution that is established for not-for-profit and is for religious purposes only.
Asura.Malekith said:
@Blurr hey man if you're from colorado and want to throw me a statute Code and section please do. Sadly my workplace won't let me use Lexis-Nexis to go digging the way I'd like to and frankly I got better things to do than use google to go digging to win an argument on the internet.

The ball is in your court, I'd really like to see what the law on point says. So show me that I'll take my words back and my interest level in this whole affair will go from ho-hum to hmm... interesting...

im not from colorado, im not gay, and im not a parent. i just dont like seeing people get pushed around for no reason, especially people that cant defend themselves.. like kids >.>

Ramuh.Kalyna
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-11 07:41:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to a catholic school K-12, and all i have to say is the catholic priests are all bullshitters. (I'm not religious anymore thanks to going to a catholic school). What you guys probably didn't know bout catholic schools is that the education level is college level, aka hard as ***, but good education, besides Religion class. I admit the school i went to is a good school w/ good teaching but they need to do "religion" class once every other year or something to keep the students from going "ok i heard this 1000 times before last year..." then finding the loopholes in the Bible, in religion and whatnot. (Like this issue for instance. The idiots go "Love one another as you love yourself" yet they discriminate)

"a catholic school is NOT a religious institution.. which by definition is an institution that is established for not-for-profit and is for religious purposes only." - Blurr

Question: Have you ever been enrolled in a catholic school? You'd know that a catholic church owns it.
Honestly, they do whatever the hell they want with it. Yeah, it's good education (compared to public schools) but they admit who they want. If they're low on students they'll admit almost anyone. If they have enough students they'll deny people. The government doesn't pay private schools, the community does (thru donations via church and via the school). The reason why my school went from K-12 to K-8 was because the priests kept buying mercedes, and expensive cars and leaving them out on the road after they got a ticket thinking it was bad luck on the car (and buying loads of church wine and drinking it themselves).

Any other questions on private catholic schools, ask me. I lived through it 13 years of my 25 year life. (actually 14 years, pre-kindergarden too lol) and was forced most of that time to church on sundays AND Saturday school.
 Ifrit.Cright
Server: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-03-11 09:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is the separation of Church and State if the State dictates what the Church can and can't do?
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-03-11 09:17:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:
Where is the separation of Church and State if the State dictates what the Church can and can't do?
Tbh i don't think the couple care if the government is involved, i mean look at the supporters they have because of it. Even people from the church that owns the private school are on the lesbian-couple's side on this. (because they know it was wrong)
what happens when you lose suporters? you lose their donations. what happens when you lose your donations? you can't pay bills/pay the teachers/so on. what happens when you can't pay? your church and school's reputation goes down the drain.
it's all on reputation and money. this church and school will fall soon down the shitter within the next 20 some years. (and i'll laugh when i see it happen and say "THE GAYS TOOK DOWN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!" -- i'm not anti-gay i just find it hillarious that the church listens to what they interpret a fictional book instead of what their followers or what the #1 thing God wants of us: Love another as you love yourself.)
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-11 11:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
@Blindphleb you proved my point, so please don't take me out of context.
1. I didn't prove your point. 2. Where did I take you out of context?
Asura.Malekith said:
We're obviously reading the same things. If I really care to dig deeper, I just have to make a few phone calls out there to find out what my friends who do practice in that area think.
So I can't use what Jaerik says to bolster my points, but you can lean on the opinions of supposed make believe friends?

You claimed Jaerik's post wasn't factual did you not? If you disagree with his post why not list the failings of it? Instead you attempt to belittle me without really confronting the main argument of Jaerik's post.
Asura.Malekith said:
The quote you threw at me says it all, "Their actions might be legal, but that doesn't make them right," she said. "It's frustrating and disappointing."

I read that, and I took from it that folks are upset but really have their hands tied. Much as it looks like it may be illegal they have nothing but sour grapes and sad faces...
The quote does say it all. Counter to your assertion, groups are taking this situation seriously. Once again, you claimed no GLBT group was looking into this or questioning the legality of it. The facts show that indeed GLBT groups are looking into the legality of it. I will give you that they doubt it will produce results, but they are trying.
Asura.Malekith said:
IF this whole unfortunate situation was so heinous this would be national news and Oprah would be all over this like white on rice. It is not, It's not going to be, and in a few weeks it will die down.

And now that your assertion that no GLBT groups are covering this is false, you search for a new litmus test. As if all that is worthy of being covered shows up on Oprah. Why don't we just screen all lawsuits through her? It would clean up the legal system wonderfully don't you think?
 Ramuh.Ilvex
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-03-11 12:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I love how some of you are trying to discount this by saying it was a planned stunt or w/e

You know the Rosa Parks Montgomery Bus incident was also a well planned "stunt", should we discount that too?
 Leviathan.Syla
Server: Leviathan
user: Syla
By Leviathan.Syla 2010-03-13 15:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Ilvex said:
I love how some of you are trying to discount this by saying it was a planned stunt or w/e

You know the Rosa Parks Montgomery Bus incident was also a well planned "stunt", should we discount that too?

I agree w/ this. Even if they planned it doesn't make it any less disappointing. Religious individuals are supposed to be the ones setting the example of tolerance. According to them aren't we all equally god's creatures? Why should it matter to anyone if the kid's parents are gay? That fact is no one's business besides the parents' anyway. Penalizing a child by denying them an education because of something their parents can't even control is a new low, even for the catholic church. When will people realize that religion isn't who you are but just something that you do? The best and only commandment that should exist is, "Keep thy religion to thyself!" If you want to believe in fairy tales and take them as fact (yes, the bible is a work of fiction) that's your business. Just because you believe it doesn't make it true. But the second one's beliefs affect others' lives negatively is the second there's a problem. Abolishing religion in all forms is the only answer if you ask me. What good has religion done anyway?
 Bismarck.Mikeyc
Server: Bismarck
user: mikeyc
By Bismarck.Mikeyc 2010-03-13 16:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL, religion. I find it absolutely hilarious that people still believe in that hocus pocus. People actually believe that "god" is for the greater good, yet hates a group of people that were born a certain way? ABSOLUTE LOGIC FAIL.

The 1940s called, it wants its trash back. I'm glad in the UK this kind of thing was obliterated years ago; Gotta love the ECHR.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2010-03-13 16:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Folks like Mikeyc have to understand there is no religion, no philosophy, no scientific theory, no system of belief that has a monopoly on the truth. Everything has something to contribute to our understanding of reality.

People are free to chose what they put more credence in, but to mock folks for the choices they make when none of us really knows what's truly going on is just ignorance.

So bro put on a shirt and chill out...

With respect to the original topic live and let live. Eventually kids from religious schools have to go out and the real world and they adjust. Not everyone who comes out of that educational environment is a bigot.

Btw for the folks concerned about the children in this situation, I'll repeat myself for 1000th time. It's called free public education. That child is not being denied anything. If anything that child is losing the free exercise of a privilege, and as we all know privileges although they are nice things they are not birthrites. Enjoy them while you have them...

Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-13 16:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
Folks like Mikeyc have to understand there is no religion, no philosophy, no scientific theory, no system of belief that has a monopoly on the truth. Everything has something to contribute to our understanding of reality.

People are free to chose what they put more credence in, but to mock folks for the choices they make when none of us really knows what's truly going on is just ignorance.

With respect to the original topic live and let live. Eventually kids from religious schools have to go out and the real world and they adjust. Not everyone who comes out of that educational environment is a bigot.

Btw for the folks concerned about the children in this situation, I'll repeat myself for 1000th time. It's called free public education. That child is not being denied anything. If anything that child is losing the free exercise of a privilege, and as we all know privileges although they are nice things they are not birthrites. Enjoy them while you have them...

for the umpteenth time too, in the state of colorado, the child WAS denied a birth right. the anti discrimination act of ca. protects everyone (minus religious institutions, which a catholic school is NOT). stop hiding behind free private enterprise to justify being a nazi <,<
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-13 17:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have rarely seen a topic on this website that has more people talking out of their *** about ***they know nothing about.

Concepts which are clearly above people comprehension level include:

* Religion
* Freedom
* Rights
* Privileges
* Exploitation of a situation for personal gain

Nearly every single post in this thread has been based on ignorance and uneducated personal biases.

Obviously, based on the actual law in that state, the school is going to be in trouble for making a decision that goes against set law. This is not up for dispute. Whether or not such a law should exist is of course up for discusion.

As far as the parents go, either one, this is just a money grab (most likely) or two, they are trying to make some sort of political statement.

Either way, they are irresponsible morons. *** people who are too lazy to actually make a living on their own and are just looking for a reason to get money for doing ***. Or *** people who decide to make a political statement by using their preschool aged daughter as the tool to make that statement. If you want to make a statement fine, but don't drag *** little *** kids into it, like, as so many of you have pointed out don't get to make that choice.

And why the *** would a gay couple send a kid to a school that is going to outright teach the kid that homosexuality is a sin?

And I don't even need to go into all the *** that the catholic church stands for a propagates.

If people really want to be treated equally (will never happen btw) then picking stupid *** fights with stupid *** organizations while throwing a preschool girl in the middle of it is not the way to go.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-13 18:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The couple isn't doing this as a political statement. They haven't even been named yet as far as I know. They haven't made any speeches. Your accusation doesn't hold water.

Many people have questioned why the parents would enroll their children in a catholic school. The answer is simple to those who have kids. Private catholic schools are often good teaching institutions and score better on standardized tests compared to their public school counter parts. I know several parents that send their children to private catholic schools because the public schools available are either unsafe or not up to the task of educating their children.

I find it ironic that you come into the thread and chastise everyone for posting little more than personal opinion then proceed to vomit out your own.
 Bismarck.Mikeyc
By Bismarck.Mikeyc 2010-03-13 18:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:

Wat. Are ya kidding? Just because law is a social science does not mean everything else is. You absolutely cannot put maths or chemistry in the same classification (!)
Asura.Malekith said:

You do know what derogable rights are, don't you? There is only one absolute right [in the EU] and that is freedom from torture. Everything else is restricted, that means you can't go around doing anything you want. Yes, that includs the Article 10 right to freedom of expression or the Article 9 right to manifest your religion.
Asura.Malekith said:

No, I like taking it off, you don't have to feel threatened though, I'm gay ^_____________^ Ya... in my culture we go to the gym and take our tops off. (And besides I just checked my facebook and I genuinely do NOT have any pictures of me with my top on.. go on and check if you don't believe me!! The 'c' is for Catalano)
Asura.Malekith said:

No, they are the ones hiring the rent boys for £150 an hour!!!
Asura.Malekith said:

The school is acting for a public purpose, despite it being a private body. I see you don't have Lexis (unlucky) but I'm sure if you google a case like R v Ministry of Trade ex parte Datafin you will get the idea; perhaps you just don't use (the same) logic in the USA with these matters ???
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-13 18:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mikeyc said:
The school is acting for a public purpose, despite it being a private body. I see you don't have Lexis (unlucky) but I'm sure if you google a case like R v Ministry of Trade ex parte Datafin you will get the idea; perhaps you just don't use (the same) logic in the USA with these matters ???
Please don't group the rest of our citizens with these men. It may not always appear so, but we have a segment of our population that actually tries improve America instead of just resting on what our forefathers have done.
 Bismarck.Mikeyc
By Bismarck.Mikeyc 2010-03-13 18:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Bismarck.Mikeyc said:
Please don't group the rest of our citizens with these men. It may not always appear so, but we have a segment of our population that actually tries improve America instead of just resting on what our forefathers have done.

Sorry, I was referring to your primary law making body; not the population. In the UK I mean 'they' as in Parliament, for example.
 Odin.Moondaddy
Server: Odin
user: Moondaddy
By Odin.Moondaddy 2010-03-13 18:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i just think its effed up they can molest alter boys but cant let a kid into preschool cause the parents are lesbians.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-13 19:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
The couple isn't doing this as a political statement. They haven't even been named yet as far as I know. They haven't made any speeches. Your accusation doesn't hold water.

Wrong. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean anything. Cases like this don't just pop up one day and get solved the next. IF they are going to go the legal route with this then I'm sure they are already in contact with a lawyer who is advising them on what info to release and in what time frame to do so.
Blindphleb said:
Many people have questioned why the parents would enroll their children in a catholic school. The answer is simple to those who have kids. Private catholic schools are often good teaching institutions and score better on standardized tests compared to their public school counter parts. I know several parents that send their children to private catholic schools because the public schools available are either unsafe or not up to the task of educating their children.

The reason many people are bringing up this question is because it's a valid one. First of all this is PRESCHOOL. I fail to recall any standardized tests that I took back then. If we were talking about middle to high school age then what you said MIGHT have been plausible.

Also, of the "several parents" that you claim you know that send their kids to private school are any of them same sex couples? Are any of them sending preschool aged children to a school that is going to openly teach the child that their parents are sinful people and according to their beliefs should not be together? There is a big difference between sending an older child to school who already has formed opinions and sending a highly impressionable preschool child to a school that holds ideals that are in direct opposition to what you would like the child to hold as they grow up.
Quote:
I find it ironic that you come into the thread and chastise everyone for posting little more than personal opinion then proceed to vomit out your own.

Learn to read idiot. I was chastising people for spouting out *** about things they know nothing about. I didn't say a single word about personal opinion. Lrn to comprehension.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-13 19:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Irony..

Anyway, IDK if it's been said, but this 'Private Schools can do what they want' crap doesn't really sound right. You're saying if a school is privately owned, and funded (funded by parents)they can refuse a person due to such a reason. So let's look at this like this way.. If a person opens up a restaurant, privately owned and funded (by those who eat there) and the owner puts up a sign that sayes "No Gays" Are you saying that is ok? Most people would get sued because of that.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-13 20:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Irony.. Anyway, IDK if it's been said, but this 'Private Schools can do what they want' crap doesn't really sound right. You're saying if a school is privately owned, and funded (funded by parents)they can refuse a person due to such a reason. So let's look at this like this way.. If a person opens up a restaurant, privately owned and funded (by those who eat there) and the owner puts up a sign that sayes "No Gays" Are you saying that is ok? Most people would get sued because of that.

Right and wrong is only part of the issue.

At what point do you feel like it is ok for the government to step in and enforce "right and wrong" on people?

If a resturant refused to allow gay customers then it should be their choice to do so. However, most won't do that because of the chain of events that would follow.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-13 20:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Irony.. Anyway, IDK if it's been said, but this 'Private Schools can do what they want' crap doesn't really sound right. You're saying if a school is privately owned, and funded (funded by parents)they can refuse a person due to such a reason. So let's look at this like this way.. If a person opens up a restaurant, privately owned and funded (by those who eat there) and the owner puts up a sign that sayes "No Gays" Are you saying that is ok? Most people would get sued because of that.
Right and wrong is only part of the issue. At what point do you feel like it is ok for the government to step in and enforce "right and wrong" on people? If a resturant refused to allow gay customers then it should be their choice to do so. However, most won't do that because of the chain of events that would follow.

Right, so, shouldn't these parents be able to insta-sue the school?
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-13 20:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Right and wrong is only part of the issue. At what point do you feel like it is ok for the government to step in and enforce "right and wrong" on people? If a resturant refused to allow gay customers then it should be their choice to do so. However, most won't do that because of the chain of events that would follow.

My point was not that a gay customer could then sue the resturant but that the refusal of a customer based on such a thing would then cast the resturant in a bad light in the court of public opinion, thus driving away other customers and revenue.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-13 20:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
My point was not that a gay customer could then sue the resturant but that the refusal of a customer based on such a thing would then cast the resturant in a bad light in the court of public opinion, thus driving away other customers and revenue.

Then shouldn't parents start moving their children to another school? I wouldn't want my kids around bigotry and homophobia.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-13 20:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Wrong. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean anything. Cases like this don't just pop up one day and get solved the next. IF they are going to go the legal route with this then I'm sure they are already in contact with a lawyer who is advising them on what info to release and in what time frame to do so.
So you are saying they are guilty of pulling a "money grab" without a lick of evidence huh? Just wanted to make sure I was reading you right. Even if they are going the legal route it doesn't mean they are doing it for "political" reasons. I'm sorry but your efforts to paint this as some sort of planned coup d'état by same sex couples is failing hard.
The reason many people are bringing up this question is because it's a valid one. First of all this is PRESCHOOL. I fail to recall any standardized tests that I took back then. If we were talking about middle to high school age then what you said MIGHT have been plausible.
You have a point here. Are there publicly funded preschools? Seems a bit much for them to be so selective with a preschool unless it was for safety concerns.
Also, of the "several parents" that you claim you know that send their kids to private school are any of them same sex couples? Are any of them sending preschool aged children to a school that is going to openly teach the child that their parents are sinful people and according to their beliefs should not be together? There is a big difference between sending an older child to school who already has formed opinions and sending a highly impressionable preschool child to a school that holds ideals that are in direct opposition to what you would like the child to hold as they grow up.
Some of them are divorced, so I guess a Catholic organization would claim they are sinners. But iirc Catholics believe that we are all sinners from birth. I don't see why a person who is gay would have to give up their religion to be happy. There are plenty of black people who are Christians even though the history of that faith hasn't always had their well being in mind.
Learn to read idiot. I was chastising people for spouting out *** about things they know nothing about. I didn't say a single word about personal opinion. Lrn to comprehension.
Play semantics if you want, Sir. You are still a hypocrite.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-03-13 20:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

In certain states the gay customer could in fact sue the restaurant. The negative publicity certainly would factor into the restaurant's decision, but would most likely be overshadowed by the legal ramifications.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-03-13 20:31:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Then shouldn't parents start moving their children to another school? I wouldn't want my kids around bigotry and homophobia.

Absolutely. That is def an option for the parents of the other children in the school.

This does beg the question as to why the parents of kid wanted to send their child to the school in the first place, considering that they obviously differ from the school on such a hot button issue at a time when said issue is very much in the forefront of the public conscience.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-13 20:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Absolutely. That is def an option for the parents of the other children in the school. This does beg the question as to why the parents of kid wanted to send their child to the school in the first place, considering that they obviously differ from the school on such a hot button issue at a time when said issue is very much in the forefront of the public conscience.

Maybe, just maybe.. gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgender.. maybe they can be religious, too. And maybe this couple was and wanted their Daughter to have a Catholic education, maybe they thought a Catholic education would teach the girl to be a better person. I think the school will fail at that.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7