Oh~and Youre Parents Must Be Straight...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Oh~and youre parents must be straight...
Oh~and youre parents must be straight...
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Garuda.Trunksc
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: trunksc
By Garuda.Trunksc 2010-03-10 09:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How unfortunate for that kid to be caught in the middle of this debate.
 Caitsith.Blurr
Server: Caitsith
user: blurr69
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-10 09:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:
What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah? It is abundantly clear that homosexuality was the primary evil. The biblical account of Sodom and Gomorrah is recorded in Genesis chapters 18-19. Genesis chapter 18 records the LORD and two angels coming to speak with Abraham. The LORD reiterated His promise to Abraham that he would have a son through Sarah. The LORD also informed Abraham that "the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous." Verses 22-33 record Abraham pleading with the LORD to have mercy on Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham's nephew, Lot, and his family lived in Sodom.

When parents do wrong or experience punishment on earth, their children share the ill effects - if a parent is put in jail, their children are adversely affected; if a parent is abusive or negligent, their children suffer. This sort of thing occurs in many places in the Bible. For instance, Achan and his family died as a result of his disobeying God (Joshua 7). However, while children often shared the earthly punishment of their parents, they would not be punished for their parents' sins in the afterlife. Ezekiel 18 makes it clear that the real guilt belongs to the person who sinned, not their family. Deuteronomy 24:16 is an application of this principle to human-administered justice: while God decreed that some sins merited the death penalty, humans were not to apply the penalty to anyone other than the guilty party. If, as in the case of Achan, a family or nation was to be corporately punished, only God had the authority to decide that corporate punishment was merited.

lol.. A. you make it sound like god him/herself came down and told all of that to man kind somewhere in history.. where its recorded clear as day >.>.. your quoting ***from the king james bible, which has been sliced/diced in translation after translation, revision after revision...
god knows what the hell any of it originally said or meant <.<.

and B, wake up and smell the coffee. its 2010 now.. not 1950... the hella majority of ppl understand that law/order arent exclusively disseminated from government/religion.. that in fact, people can be decent human beings from just basic primal sympathy/empathy.. but if the fear of god is what makes your kids turn out all right, cool. just dont be making other people feel like ***to promote your own agenda in anyway/shape/form. other than protecting life, i dont see how anyone can justify hurting other living things in todays age..(humans down to dogs)

and if that means nothing to you, do me a favor and put your hand on lit stove top. try to imagine that being the emotional pain your thoughts and actions may have on someone else. now look around and see theres just as much scientific evidence to support a child has no more or less control coming out black or white as they do gay... then ask yourself, do i hate or condone hurting any children, of any kind ? would god condone me hating children ? but really, you vest so much stake in ***PEOPLE WROTE hundreds of years ago on blind faith, why not at least trying to see the blatant tangible evidence ppl can easily give you today ?

its all right to be wrong/misinformed too man, i accept that your no more victim of reality than anyone else.. all kinds of people slip though all sorts of cracks in modern day society;;
[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-10 09:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion: Giving a reason for people to be *** towards others since the dawn of time.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Holman
Server: Lakshmi
user: holman
By Lakshmi.Holman 2010-03-10 09:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion: Means to divide others.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-10 09:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Phoenix.Drunktexan said:
Once the government starts mandating who a private entity accepts into their group, you no longer live in a free society.

I am sick of everyone pushing for more and more government intervention... That is simply the opposite of a free society.
Hai, the civil rights movement would like to have a word with you.

If we listened to your argument blacks would still be eating out of the back of restaurants.
Apples and Oranges my friend...

When it comes to a public setting government can dictate who we associate with, when, where and how.

We're not talking about or arguing over the validity of that proposition. The instant case pertains to a private, non tax payer funded, religious school.

Uh... Businesses aren't tax-payer funded, and they still don't have the right to discriminate because (as mentioned earlier) it violates the constitution. Moot point is moot, /fail.

[+]
 Phoenix.Mogue
Server: Phoenix
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-10 09:50:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:
What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah? It is abundantly clear that homosexuality was the primary evil. The biblical account of Sodom and Gomorrah is recorded in Genesis chapters 18-19. Genesis chapter 18 records the LORD and two angels coming to speak with Abraham. The LORD reiterated His promise to Abraham that he would have a son through Sarah. The LORD also informed Abraham that "the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous." Verses 22-33 record Abraham pleading with the LORD to have mercy on Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham's nephew, Lot, and his family lived in Sodom.

When parents do wrong or experience punishment on earth, their children share the ill effects - if a parent is put in jail, their children are adversely affected; if a parent is abusive or negligent, their children suffer. This sort of thing occurs in many places in the Bible. For instance, Achan and his family died as a result of his disobeying God (Joshua 7). However, while children often shared the earthly punishment of their parents, they would not be punished for their parents' sins in the afterlife. Ezekiel 18 makes it clear that the real guilt belongs to the person who sinned, not their family. Deuteronomy 24:16 is an application of this principle to human-administered justice: while God decreed that some sins merited the death penalty, humans were not to apply the penalty to anyone other than the guilty party. If, as in the case of Achan, a family or nation was to be corporately punished, only God had the authority to decide that corporate punishment was merited.

The world is only 5000 years old. True story.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-10 09:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Tousou said:
Interesting that business wasn't mentioned... Guess I'll start that angle!

Private people are paying for a service with their money. If those people become unhappy, it's perfectly plausible that they'll have no part of it.

Now, if allowing in 1 person will cause 5 to leave, is it truly a wise business move?

Let's take that idea to an extreme and say that many people decide to stop supporting the business altogether. This means, in the case of a school, higher costs for each person and/or a much lesser quality of learning. It could even go so far as to shutdown the school completely. Then guess what? Everybody gets screwed over!

Now I ask, how is that fair?

Once again:
Oliver_Holmes said:
]"The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."

Now, let's jump to another angle. Is it fair that group A, which has the majority, has stronger say than group B? Or person C has more say than group D?

If people are so avid on everything being "Fair" then why live in society at all?

-Finally, regardless of anyone's religion, people aren't going to be perfect. I've met the crazy Christians who can do no wrong, and I've met the ones who acknowledge the fact that they are flawed; and they just happen to have one thing in common... They're Human!

Now THIS is an argument with some validity and logic. From a business standpoint it was a wise move to exclude them, however the fees they collect from the families of those attending is NOT the only source of funding for the school in this instance so it doesn't quite hold up as a defense in this particular scenario.

That being said, it seems like a stunt to me too. The couple KNOWS that this religion discriminates against homosexuals and wants to try and send their kid to school here? Even if they allowed her to go to school imagine how alienated the child would be, picked on, possibly even physically abused because of it. I don't think it's right for the school to discriminate, but then again as a parent i'd never set my child up to be mocked, ridiculed, or physically harmed either....
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-10 09:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:
Ifrit.Cright said:

And a guy named Jonah lived in a whale, you know, like that Disney movie with the puppet.....
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-10 09:55:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Mogue said:

jesus created bacteria, dinosaurs, AND god.. what are you talking about?
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-10 09:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

Well, at least its not Xenu..... ROFL
 Ifrit.Cright
Server: Ifrit
user: Crighton
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-03-10 10:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
And a guy named Jonah lived in a whale, you know, like that Disney movie with the puppet.....

Yes, yes he did.
and Moses parted the waters.
and Jesus walked on water.
and Jesus died for your salvation.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-10 10:09:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Felt this was appropriate.
[+]
 Caitsith.Blurr
By Caitsith.Blurr 2010-03-10 10:09:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Blurr said:
Phoenix.Mogue said:

Well, at least its not Xenu..... ROFL

i love scientology. where else in world history has a science fiction writer admittedly tried to start a religion to make money, and succeeded ? gonna be amusing to see how that one pans out down the road i think.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-10 10:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:

Yes, yes he did.

And santa clause delivers presents to little boys and girls every year, and the tooth fairy trades your baby teeth for money.
[+]
 Hades.Darkrift
Server: Hades
user: darkrift
By Hades.Darkrift 2010-03-10 10:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Malekith said:
Personally I think the archdiocese made the right call.

Look if this was a public school then we have an issue. Because FREE PUBLIC education is a right.

However, this is a private school, as such they can do what they want. There is a history of court decisions and public policy on their side, because in the end Private education is a privilege.

Privileges aren't rights, folks. It's not even close. As such they are easily gained and lost, wholly dependent on the whim of whomever issued them in the first place.

although i agree with this statement, and feel 100% that they can do what they please seeing its a private school....

It just disgusts me though. I mean seriously? When are people going to get over homosexuality as a bad thing? Also there is no god, religion is a joke, and AMERICA *** YEAH!
[+]
 Ifrit.Cright
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-03-10 10:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:

Yes, yes he did.

And santa clause delivers presents to little boys and girls every year, and the tooth fairy trades your baby teeth for money.

I'm sorry I must have missed the scriptures that contain Santa Claus and The Tooth Fairy. Can you please tell me which book of the Bible I should look in?
 Midgardsormr.Dionysius
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Dionysius
By Midgardsormr.Dionysius 2010-03-10 10:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to point out that some people in the thread have turned this into "Christians this and that..." When it is a Catholic school that we are talking about in this article...
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-10 10:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Dionysius said:
Just wanted to point out that some people in the thread have turned this into "Christians this and that..." When it is a Catholic school that we are talking about in this article...
Last time I checked Christianity included Catholicism.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2010-03-10 10:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:
Ifrit.Cright said:

Yes, yes he did.

I'm sorry I must have missed the scriptures that contain Santa Claus and The Tooth Fairy. Can you please tell me which book of the Bible I should look in?

Hey psychopath. 6000 year old planet. Confirm / Deny?

Also, please sterilize yourself kthx.
[+]
 Ifrit.Cright
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-03-10 11:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-03-10 11:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Ilvex said:
Actually just because it's a private school does not mean they get to do what they want. Take renting an apartment, I cannot say because you have kids, are black, Asian, gay or w/e that you can't live here. The biggest problem for the school is the reason they are denying service.

You DO NOT have the right to refuse service based on the follow: religion, sexual orientation, race, greed, disabilities ect.

If they had denied them service for lack of money or the child wasn't up to stuff for the school, that would be ok but for the reason which they denied it violates parts of our constitution.

2gil
No, it's not unconstitutional. As I understand, there's basically a contract that says "We can kick you, keep you, give you more money, charge you full price, whatever; if you don't like it, GTFO."
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2010-03-10 11:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Cright said:

lol @ weak-minded people. Text like those and videos like this

its what makes me feel repulsed. If you dont want to believe, Don't. But STOP making yourselves look Dumb. Just because you choose to believe somethings, doesn't mean everybody else in the world is wrong. Oh~ and BTW, the Bible is NOT A BOOK OF FACTS. STOP BOTHERING PEOPLE AND CITING EVERYTHING IN IT AS A FACT. Say everyone else is brainwashed? Step back and see who is acting like a brainwash.

[+]
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-10 11:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amael said:
lol "You just earned yourself a gold star!"
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-03-10 12:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
lol "You just earned yourself a gold star!"
That's *** awesome.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-03-10 12:26:52
Link | Quote | Reply

While I'm loath to jump into a debate on the philosophy or ideology behind the decision, private institutions are not allowed to discriminate based on various state and federal laws, but it differs from case to case and state to state. It's not a constitutional issue because the Equal Rights Amendment was never passed, so it falls to local and state legislation.

Many states (including Colorado) have laws on the books saying that private institutions (the school counts) are not allowed to discriminate or deny service on the basis of sexual orientation. That puts this school in violation of state law, even if they don't take public funding.

In some states, you can privately discriminate based on sexual orientation. In some, you can privately discriminate based on gender. Agree or disagree with the principle behind the laws, but in Colorado, you can do neither, so this school should expect to be sued off the face of the planet. Their only defense could be saying their right to discriminate is a religious right, in conflict with state law, but legal precedent all the way up to the Supreme Court has repeatedly said that isn't a valid argument.
 Seraph.Dierdreh
Server: Seraph
user: Dierdreh
By Seraph.Dierdreh 2010-03-10 12:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize this is about school but for everyone else who change dthe topic:

Did God write the bible? /No. It was written by man so therefore its up for creative interpretation-End of story.
 Ifrit.Cright
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-03-10 12:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Dierdreh said:
I realize this is about school but for everyone else who change dthe topic:

Did God write the bible? /No. It was written by man so therefore its up for creative interpretation-End of story.

So your saying when Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible he just made it up? There was no Divine Intervention?
Moses wrote what God told him to write.
God is making sure his word is told, the true believers will find the true God in the writings and teachings left for us.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-03-10 12:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Religion was created as a way to explain the unexplainable. For instance, why does the sun rise in the East and set in the West? Due to advances in science, we now know the answer is because of the earth's rotation. Of course, before science, the only answer was "God did it" or "Ra did it" or whoever you worshiped. Because science has evolved as far as it has, do we really need religion anymore?
[+]
 Ifrit.Cright
By Ifrit.Cright 2010-03-10 12:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dameshi said:
Religion was created as a way to explain the unexplainable. For instance, why does the sun rise in the East and set in the West? Due to advances in science, we now know the answer is because of the earth's rotation. Of course, before science, the only answer was "God did it" or "Ra did it" or whoever you worshiped. Because science has evolved as far as it has, do we really need religion anymore?

That depends, do you want to live forever on a paradise earth or die.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7