Wise Cap Or Elite Beret For RDM?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Wise Cap or Elite Beret for RDM?
Wise Cap or Elite Beret for RDM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-30 09:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So let me get this right.

The RDM that wear errant/mahatma (the well know mage gear with big -enmity) pull hate from an enfeeble and die because they are wearing errant/mahatma due to the negative stats.

Where as you, wearing AF (with no -enmity) don't pull hate and don't die.

The only way that can be true is if you aren't doing anything, as you should be pulling hate first.

Any good RDM will wear gear to improve the spell they are casting (and some times that means errants) and then they will switch to their idle set, which will offer far more protection than a simple VIT boost.
[+]
 Bahamut.Habs
Server: Bahamut
user: habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 10:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-30 10:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
as for what im wearing,yes i do have int/mnd legs that i remove quickly in case i pull hate,i prefer golliard feet to my dualists 1,i like my af 1 hat,af 1 body,and relic gloves.i sometimes swap out my magic d back for prisim,but swap back in the magic d quick like the legs.
what eg do i do?well pretty much everything.do i campaign?yes i do and wear diffrent gear there.i have a 20 feeb back i slot in,and instead of af 1 body i wear my aj.suppa/brutal blood ring/rajas,esword/oberons.

theres never an instance that requires errants body or the crapo hats suggested here.i see other rdms wear that crap and die.yet i dont,i must be doing something right.

fastcast lands spells fast,like heals.i assume you guys have healed a few no?getting a heal into a pal "fast" is way better than any crapo hat without it.i assume a few of you have relic hat,i bet you wear that no?do you bring your af as well?or have you completley rejected fastcast for refresh?
now that i think about it,the elite beret is quite useful soloing/duo zippy.other than that havent seen a need.

So errants body isn't good for nuking, or resting? Ok...

The question was re: enfeebling, in which you need m.acc/skill.

If you want to talk about haste and refresh then you should be casting in AF hat, Relic body, swift belt, Dusk hands and feet, Sentinel Shield etc.

Question, if the AF hat is so important for enfeebles, what do you think of the relic hat? Is that a waste too because it has no fastcast?
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 10:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 10:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I will use af hat for is lvl capped stuff! I will however use my AF+1 hat for nukes and if I'm soloing and time is such a concern buffs and cures. Otherwise relic it is
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 10:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-10-30 10:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
as for what im wearing,yes i do have int/mnd legs that i remove quickly in case i pull hate,i prefer golliard feet to my dualists 1,i like my af 1 hat,af 1 body,and relic gloves.i sometimes swap out my magic d back for prisim,but swap back in the magic d quick like the legs.
what eg do i do?well pretty much everything.do i campaign?yes i do and wear diffrent gear there.i have a 20 feeb back i slot in,and instead of af 1 body i wear my aj.suppa/brutal blood ring/rajas,esword/oberons.

theres never an instance that requires errants body or the crapo hats suggested here.i see other rdms wear that crap and die.yet i dont,i must be doing something right.

fastcast lands spells fast,like heals.i assume you guys have healed a few no?getting a heal into a pal "fast" is way better than any crapo hat without it.i assume a few of you have relic hat,i bet you wear that no?do you bring your af as well?or have you completley rejected fastcast for refresh?
now that i think about it,the elite beret is quite useful soloing/duo zippy.other than that havent seen a need.

Please do not judge my country based on this person. That's all I ask.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-30 10:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
In his defense, Warlock Tabard 1 gives 5HMP so you don't need errant body in that respect. If you have Goliard Saio, it's more useful for curing/hasting etc.

*Shows off his rdm gear*

Valid point about the hMP, but the Goliard Saio is only for the end of spells, always start in relic body/af hat.

(this is where spellcast comes in.)

Bahamut.Habs said:
Ramuh.Scarmiglione said:
Bahamut.Habs said:
oh o pullin some hate here it seems.put it this way,i wear what i feel i need. and yes even rdms that heal alot or feeb pull hate retard.i guess youve never seen a nm come your way after you toss a feeb at it?? idc what gear your wearing,if i see you in errants i consider you a shitty rdm.
You pull hate from 1 enfeeble? Oh, I guess it is the AF you are wearing that adds EMN 50 huh? Put on some errant and stoneskin yourself better so you arent a 1-shot AF RDM.

i guess youve never killed any nms in beadeaux s then.

Wow you must be famous (although I have never heard of you), you have found a zone where the normal rules of enmity don't apply... move over Kaeko... there is a new boss
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-10-30 10:20:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
i dont like errants body for resting no.why because ive had mobs walk up to me on a knee resting in dynamis etc,and 1 shot me .

wat

Why are you getting hit beyond AoE while resting in Dynamis? Even before lolrestinginDynamis? I sure hope you're using AF+1 body as well...
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-30 10:22:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Well I think OP got his answer, this thread should be locked, no-one is that stupid, so you must be a troll.

Guess I was wrong.
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-30 10:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I am still waiting for him to give his view on the relic hat.

As he says fastcast > skill, that must mean the relic hat is useless
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 10:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
i dont like errants body for resting no.why because ive had mobs walk up to me on a knee resting in dynamis etc,and 1 shot me .

Heres a funny story... you will be resting longer without it giving you more a chance to be attack. Also namis mobs will do just about the same rediculous dmg to a mage in errant as normal mage gear so unless your resting in -dmg gear who cares about the -vit. Also seriously resting as a rdm in namis? I non stop buff and cure as needed and debuff and throw out nukes when I can and have yet to even use convert in namis let alone rest on rdm lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 10:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
I am still waiting for him to give his view on the relic hat. As he says fastcast > skill, that must mean the relic hat is useless

I think he meant player skill since he clearly has none.
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-10-30 10:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When not even one person will help back up your claim, chances are, you're wrong.
[+]
 Kujata.Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-30 10:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose we also ought to mention about potent slows and paralyses.

They need MND, and errants body is also perfect for that. That piece alone will reduce the mobs attack speed by 1-2% with slow II (depending on the rest of your MND build and merits).
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-30 10:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Nepharite said:
When not even one person will help back up your claim, chances are, you're wrong.

Tell that to Korpg.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 10:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Argettio said:
I suppose we also ought to mention about potent slows and paralyses.

They need MND, and errants body is also perfect for that. That piece alone will reduce the mobs attack speed by 1-2% with slow II (depending on the rest of your MND build and merits).

I mentioned it a few times but no one listens QQ
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 10:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Tell that to Korpg.

Lol. The only problem with telling him that is if he needs to be told it telling wont make a difference
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-30 10:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Tell that to Korpg.

Lol. The only problem with telling him that is if he needs to be told it telling wont make a difference

I lol'd
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
user: afranko22
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2009-10-30 10:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought all of this was common knowledge. After 4 years the troll still hasn't learned the job. Sorry, but dynamis isn't anything special, anyone can go in with any job and full AF and most groups won't care as long as you show up, like the trolls group. I know if I saw you wearing AF in dynamis, IE legs and relic hands, without casting a spell in regards to them, and resting in NQ AF body, I would be making a big deal out of it, especially if you gave me the same answer you did about errant body.

Sorry Dasva, stupid troll is stupid and got all the attention. Might need a bigger explination on potency for the OP and others. That would be decision enough to buy more INT and MND gear, for things where enfeebles land easily.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-10-30 10:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Tell that to Korpg.
I lol'd

What's even funnier is I think he is starting to get it and is taking a break from here
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-10-30 10:44:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's leave Korpg alone please.
 Fairy.Arcarsenal
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Arcarsenal 2009-10-30 10:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot fathom why a RDM would think Errant is a poor body choice for enfeebles. Unless he is comparing it to Mahatma (which he obviously isn't), there is no better piece for enfeebling potency (w.body is equal). Spells like dispel, sleep, silence, by all means you should be using your AF body, because all that is required is that you stick the spell.

However, once you begin to acquire better gear and merits, you will be able to land debuffs (Slow II and Paralyze II in particular) without any additional + skill; you may even be able to replace you staff with a +MND wand or even a Kirin's Pole. By stacking as much mind as possible, you are coming closer to bringing Slow II to it's cap of 39% delay increase (for example). Adding skill will do nothing once you are able to consistently land enfeebles. Errant is also one of the best nuking bodies on RDM behind Morrigans. It is also a great piece for cures due to the minus enmity if you don't have goliard body yet.

And as far as not wearing Errant Body because of minus stats, that is just silly. VIT is well known to be a broken stat in that it's relationship to actual damage taken is negligible. The only concern would be a RDM meleeing in Errant, at which point the concern is -STR and DEX, not VIT.

If you are pulling hate as a RDM and you are not RDM/DRK chainspell stunning, then you are indeed doing it wrong. The only other chance you should come close is when cure bombing. Even then, however, appropriate allocation of -enmity gear in your cure macros will easily prevent this.

I would really like to hear the opinions of people in your endgame shell about what you have written here. I have been a RDM since 2004. I have never, ever, in five years of playing, reading forums and discussing gear choices with other RDMs, heard of your opinions as having some foundation in legitimate logic. The reason is because you are wrong. The FFXI community figured out the mechanics of enfeebling potency quite some time ago. It's about time you caught up and started improving your potency as a RDM.
[+]
 Bahamut.Habs
By Bahamut.Habs 2009-10-30 10:46:03
Link | Quote | Reply

First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8