Wise Cap Or Elite Beret For RDM?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Wise Cap or Elite Beret for RDM?
Wise Cap or Elite Beret for RDM?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-31 10:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yash, no idea what you're trying to say with your maths there sorry (I'm no math wiz). But my point at it's base is that if you can land the spell then the recast doesn't matter a damn, because you've already landed it. So if you don't have the greatest hit rate, surely it's best to improve your chances of landing the spell as much as possible rather than worrying about a few seconds of recast time. Who knows, that 5 macc might be just enough to get you over the line to make the spell land, in which case you won't need the faster cast time.

Korpg, so by your logic, if you have duelists chapeau you can do all your enfeebles completely naked except for d.chapeau, but if you don't have it, you should put enfeebling magic skill in as many other spots as you can, EXCEPT for the head, where you should put something that doesn't help you land the spell at all.

You are literally saying that without d.chapeau you are screwed, won't land debuffs to save yourself and should let a d.chapeau rdm land them instead. In a HNM fight with no adds, you're half right, you should let the best rdm stick to the debuffs (unless you both have different group 2 merits, and can share that part), however that doesn't mean you shouldn't gear yourself to be able to land spells as accurately as possible. What if:
-The d.chapeau rdm dies/dc's/afks
-You get an add
-There are multiple mobs
-The other rdm is busy when grav/bind/sleep wears

A rdm's main job is enfeebles, and as such you should be geared to land them as reliably as possible, regardless of whether or not you have d.chapeau. If you're not required to at least enfeeble in an emergency then why are you even on rdm? Go change to whm, brd or cor or something. And all of that's just talking about group situations with another d.chapeau rdm. There are also a million and one solo and low man situations, or even large scale events where there will simply not be a d.chapeau rdm, so what then? Should the only available rdm cast in full fast cast gear because they have a low chance of landing the spell? I'll answer that one for you, no, they should maximise their potential to land debuffs the FIRST time, which, (shock horror) may just happen to mean swapping out Warlock's Chapeau for, you guessed it, wise or elite.

But hey, that's just my opinion, and it's how I'll be doing it until I get d.chapeau.
 Bahamut.Yash
Server: Bahamut
user: Yashi
By Bahamut.Yash 2009-10-31 18:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hihihi @ Blazza. I'm not good at this kind of stuff too^^ Was happy when i got my D.Chap so i could stop thinking about that.

As Raenryong said there is a point where quantity is your better option. But i would never try a Faust with just <64% Bind-Acc.

For Elite beret vs Wise Cap: IMO Wise > Elite +1 since you can use Wise for Drain/Aspir and it has some Enmity-. Although Elite looks much better and has a cool Phoenix feather.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-10-31 19:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

D hat thingy > www.Mask > Condom Cap > Elite Ferret. At least in a macro for enfeebles nowhere in this equation does Warlock's even belong.

This is how it breaks down pretty much, me i never take off D Chap or dalmy for that matter unless im actually being used to enfeeble ***then i use the ol rdm af body along w/ D chap, for any non-hnm fighting ***though +5mp/tick (6 in toau) while keeping the lost +15 enfeeble skill from the body is pretty much the only way to roll.
 Unicorn.Smurfo
Server: Unicorn
user: Stubbie
By Unicorn.Smurfo 2009-10-31 19:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Habs said:
oh o pullin some hate here it seems.put it this way,i wear what i feel i need.
and yes even rdms that heal alot or feeb pull hate retard.i guess youve never seen a nm come your way after you toss a feeb at it??

idc what gear your wearing,if i see you in errants i consider you a shitty rdm.

P.S. This dudes an asshead I suppose he doesn't realize that if you are able to land Enfeeble WITHOUT AF body I.E. elemental seal's slow II on khim anyone wanna slow him even more since skill doesnt really matter with ES?

Anyway. then MND becomes sort of the next thing you want to stack as it helps slow% and para proc ? Who let these people become red mages?

I hope no aspiring red mages listen to tools like him lol Errant is a very situation piece yah but one every rdm should carry.
[+]
 Seraph.Zoey
Server: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2009-10-31 21:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I used Wise Cap +1 until I obtained Duelist's Chapeau. Enfeebling+5 from that Elite Beret +1 is pretty nice.

I would say Wise Cap +1>Elite Beret +1
 Asura.Slamm
Server: Asura
user: Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-11-01 04:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Zoey said:

I would say Wise Cap 1>Elite Beret 1

edit : nvm i thought wise cap gave 6 magic acc lol

nq wise cap and hq elite beret are exactly the same

but one is 300k the other is like 10k and looks like a condom + can be used for dark magic
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-01 04:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

It's true.

5 skill=4.5 M.ACC almost all the time.
[+]
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-11-01 04:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

nah on that blog i posted earlier the guys tests showed magic acc and skill are completely equal
 Hades.Kvazz
Server: Hades
user: kvazz
By Hades.Kvazz 2009-11-01 07:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Wise cap -> Elite beret.
Simple as that!
As it's just a macropiece you wont be needing to wear the condom at all times anyways.

Edit: Wise cap helps your dark magic too!
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-01 10:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, not exactly up there with the easiest things to get, but it's probably a fair site easier to obtain than d.chapeau, is this.

The good thing is that if you get this, and then get d.chapeau it's not going to go straight to your mannequin, as it also happens to be the best drain/aspir head piece in the game for both rdm and blm (and also whm/smn/blu if they're /blm or /sch).
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2009-11-01 11:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Also, not exactly up there with the easiest things to get, but it's probably a fair site easier to obtain than d.chapeau, is this.

The good thing is that if you get this, and then get d.chapeau it's not going to go straight to your mannequin, as it also happens to be the best drain/aspir head piece in the game for both rdm and blm (and also whm/smn/blu if they're /blm or /sch).

n.turban is at least a common drop from ultima and not much of a line for it in most ls.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-01 11:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

True, but most limbus shells tend to focus more on apollyon rather than temenos. Our shell tries to do it evenly and yet we still end up with about twice as many Omegas than Ultimas due to difficulty of the NM, ability to farm chips during Omega fight, and 4 runs in apollyon vs 6 in temenos.
 Asura.Slamm
By Asura.Slamm 2009-11-01 12:22:24
Link | Quote | Reply

split zones and you can get ultima pop in a week
2 weeks max

most of nashira gear is ***compared to homam though sadly
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-01 13:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

When it comes to debuffs actually landing them should come first. Then getting full duration/max potency then maybe worry about recast. Yeah you might be able to cast gravity (or other random debuff) twice as often with enough fast cast/haste but guess what you probably will have to if you gear up like that. Even if you land it duration will probably suck and you'll just be building alot of mobs resistance to the spell if you spam it.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8