2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 237 238 239
By Butcherb0y 2021-01-13 10:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Wtf so to participate i need to have 3 99 jobs and on top of that I can only use 1 99 job per NM?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-01-13 10:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Rooks said: »
What does this new zone do that necessitates it?

Simply put, they made a new zone that has a moogle for changing gear/jobs (without access to porter slips/storage) and you are required to change jobs between fights. There is a timer in the zone (15 minutes) so if a player has to manually find all of their gear and doesn't get it in time, he will be kicked from the zone. It's dumb.
"How do we get people to buy wardrobe 3 and 4"
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 10:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Butcherb0y said: »
Wait wait, So I only have two 99 jobs, so does that mean I can only do 2 NM at a time? And is there a reset time similar to Moglophone every 20hrs.

The only lockout for Sheol Gaol is segments, which you need to farm in Odyssey Sheol A-C, which you mentioned you can only do once/20 hrs. You will have to level another job to 99, but you can take this advice since it's the best way to do this solo:

endxen said: »
Meh use 1 KI and warp out after, rinse and repeat without changing jobs.

---

Also, REQUIRED to change jobs? How does anyone new, with one 99 job play it? Are they just locked out?

Ineligible to participate. SE was trying to find creative ways to present a challenge to players and decided to make it in the most annoying way possible, for basically everyone. The event also locks out support jobs. New players can't even participate in Sheol Gaol until they clear the ROE's for A/B/C, so according to Simon, it takes over a month to even see that ROE from new player creation. This event is not directed at new players.
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-01-13 10:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's also recommended that you have different jobs from anyone you enter with. Once a job is used in a fight by one person, it's locked out for everyone else also. Of course, if you're just trying to get access to the base un-augmented item, there's nothing stopping you from just doing 1 fight then warping out.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-01-13 10:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
It's also recommended that you have different jobs from anyone you enter with. Once a job is used in a fight by one person, it's locked out for everyone else also. Of course, if you're just trying to get access to the base un-augmented item, there's nothing stopping you from just doing 1 fight then warping out.
Hold up, what?
So if PlayerA uses WHM in fight 1, no one else can use WHM in fight 2? lmao

I mean, its 2021, FFXI is almost 20 yrs old, no one has "only one job".
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 10:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hya said: »
It's also recommended that you have different jobs from anyone you enter with.

Not recommended. Required. Like, if a group of 6 people only have 10 unique jobs (not including overlapping jobs), they are ineligible to participate in the content as a group entirely. The requirement is you have to have "3 jobs at 99", but in a group, since you can't repeat the same jobs for subsequent runs, math (and the moogle) tells you that you need 18 unique jobs between a party of 6 people to be able to participate in 3 fights.

Fenrir.Positron said: »
Content Rules continued
In the case of entering with a Party, you must have 3x the number of jobs as party members, not counting overlaps between players.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-13 10:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, REQUIRED to change jobs? How does anyone new, with one 99 job play it? Are they just locked out?
They enter and do just one NM, I guess.

But let's get back to the topic! Any chance anyone can fix Organizer to work in there?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-01-13 11:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If you remove mog safe/locker stuff should work everywhere? Or at least mine does, but have not tired in there yet
 Bismarck.Radec
Server: Bismarck
user: Radec
By Bismarck.Radec 2021-01-13 11:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
They enter and do just one NM, I guess.

But let's get back to the topic! Any chance anyone can fix Organizer to work in there?

Lazy 'fix', in ~/Addons/Organizer/Items.lua, starting at line 32. If this returns false, it won't use the bag. Changing it to return true always will allow access. No promises on what unexpected actions this might have if you try to pull something from storage or when out of range of the moogle.

Code
local function validate_bag(bag_table)
    if (bag_table.access == 'Everywhere' or (bag_table.access == 'Mog House' and windower.ffxi.get_info().mog_house)) and
        windower.ffxi.get_bag_info(bag_table.id) then
        return true
    end
    --return false
    return true
end
By Taint 2021-01-13 11:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with good job combos on my main and mule until some secret is found from doing more than one mob at a time I'm just entering doing one mob and exiting.

Its not worth it to do more than one mob once you factor in inventory, job changing and the rediculas lag.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-13 11:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see this lag being a coding issue with the moogle since it takes twice as long to load invent it could be trying to load everyones invent twice.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 12:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a run yesterday where it took a total of three minutes in the staging area to fully load my gear across all bags. Thought I was disconnecting, it was so bad.

Have players on other not populated servers noticed bad lag, or is it only on larger servers?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-13 12:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Even with good job combos on my main and mule until some secret is found from doing more than one mob at a time I'm just entering doing one mob and exiting.

Its not worth it to do more than one mob once you factor in inventory, job changing and the rediculas lag.
There might be more "boons" in the future from doing more mobs in the same run.
That aside, are we sure there is no additional bonus atm?
Like more "RP" for killing NMs in the same game?
Shouldn't, like, NM#2 and NM#3 provide more points than NM#1?

If there really is no bonus, not even additional RP, then I agree for the moment it's not worth it.
But still, I think people need to adjust their strats and train themselves for the possibility that, quite clearly, even if it's not the case now, in the future it's gonna be worth it to do 3x NMs in the same run.
Let's not lie to ourselves, we all know it's gonna happen, right?
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-01-13 13:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done 8 single NMs runs now. And I only experienced major lag once. Minor lag a few times. Mostly lost aftercast packets, etc.

The major time was really bad though. Every time I attempted to perform an action, it took about 8 seconds for my character to start acting. The odd thing is, it's not like nothing else was happening. I could see other things happening, and the mob attacking. It just took forever for anything I did to initiate. It was bizzare.

Also, the other player I was with, who was quad-boxing, did not experience the issue at all.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 13:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Taint said: »

There might be more "boons" in the future from doing more mobs in the same run.
That aside, are we sure there is no additional bonus atm?
Like more "RP" for killing NMs in the same game?
Shouldn't, like, NM#2 and NM#3 provide more points than NM#1?

If there really is no bonus, not even additional RP, then I agree for the moment it's not worth it.
But still, I think people need to adjust their strats and train themselves for the possibility that, quite clearly, even if it's not the case now, in the future it's gonna be worth it to do 3x NMs in the same run.
Let's not lie to ourselves, we all know it's gonna happen, right?

??
Literally nobody said or currently believes this. Everybody has said the exact opposite, in fact. "until a secret is found" etc. Content is a day old, but for those looking to get clears, there is no reason to encumber yourself until that is discovered. So far, I have not seen anything to indicate you get extra RP for successive kills. I mean, just considering the system, the NMs and the RP gained from them are all independent. You also don't see any message or indication from killing a monster that you get anything extra from the monster. Someone who's have to kill one monster on veng+?, Exit, record points, enter, do 2 NMs on same difficulty. Exit. Check points. Repeat for 3.
By Shichishito 2021-01-13 13:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i guess one bonus of doing multiple NMs in a row is avoiding queue time.
some interpret this as a creative way to make content challanging, to me it's just another one of many unncessary inconveniences thrown our way.
omen card farming and the atrocious 1/10 trade ratio, only gaining cards for the job you entered with or dynamis also requiring to enter with a particular job for unlocks come to mind and nobody seems concerned.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 13:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference with dynamis or omen is the rewards are job specific. Although the ratio of cards conversion is absurd, the goal is they want you to do the work ON that job. Dynamis clear ON that job. Job points ON that job. And fittingly, the rewards are job specific. Nothing about Odyssey has anything to do with job specific progression at all. The support/main job restrictions are just a goofy way to create some kind of limitation/challenge, but they seem out of place. That's fine, whatever. Challenge accepted.

The trusts thing is probably my biggest "wtf" moment of the entire event. Trust are already limited in what they can do, so why the need to remove them from repeat use if you can summon freely if they die, without regards to enmity? And why are the UC trusts restricted? That's just an arbitrary handicap for no reason without any explanation. Many people create trust combinations with that unity trust in mind, removing that kind of screws everyone over even more. Odyssey has everything to do with Moogle Mastery and making your trusts stronger. Now they put out new Odyssey content that restricts what trusts you can use and how often? Make it make sense.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-01-13 14:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there is an explanation for that, and the explanation is promote party play at the cost of solo play.

I guess?
They tried to do it in a subtle way, they could've used the good old "need 6 people to enter" system, but that would've been way too much for what FFXI is in 2021 I guess.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 14:35:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Then Moogle Mastery is an illogical addition to Odyssey to begin with if the goal is to promote groups. If anything, trusts and Moogle Mastery help parties that can't fill slots. I just think the limitation behind that is arbitrary. Nonetheless, players will continue to kill one NM and exit for the foreseeable future unless there's a bonus for doing 3. That's what happens when you make arbitrary content, players just find smarter ways around it xD
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 14:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking this as promoting party play has no sense imo.
First your 6man party needs 18 unique jobs, which makes it rather ANTI party event. Second, you have MM system that strongly support Trusts and only Trusts.

so why the need to remove them from repeat use if you can summon freely if they die, without regards to enmity?

I think you just answered your own question. They gave you big handicap, but also big advantage. Being able to call trusts mid fight is huge. There is also another huge advantage of Trusts there. They are not restricted by job. Using Trusts, you can have even 3 WHMs at the same time.
By Taint 2021-01-13 14:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

They could have made better items for the brain damage required to do this event...

Farm Odyssey (which very few people enjoy) for segments, to pop lag infested mobs, to spend gil on meh items, and then spam said mob 100 times to get meh augments.

Odyssey's first update was its best, its been very slippery since then.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 15:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean seeing some of those datamined augments that's not up yet gives hope for much better rewards. Also I think people don't enjoy keying in Odyssey. I don't recall people whining on farming segments. The problem is it's another daily activity that takes at least 30min (more if you actually optimize it and go with 6ppl and need to prepare and gather)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 15:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I think you just answered your own question. They gave you big handicap, but also big advantage. Being able to call trusts mid fight is huge. There is also another huge advantage of Trusts there. They are not restricted by job. Using Trusts, you can have even 3 WHMs at the same time.

All salient points. But you have to be reasonable. Most players will use their best trusts first, and there is a huge drop off in quality from the Ygnas/Monberaux/AAEV/August 's, and the next tier of tanks and healers. So it's an advantage only up to a point really. Now you can do the kaggra method and just summon qultada for his rolls and any other supplemental trusts to boost your chances for first fight, then dismiss them afterwards and call another trust. Then exit because you'll have nothing left to use on next runs. Like I said, the trusts are limited to begin with, and I think there's only so high you as a player can go solo with trusts even with max MM. Still doesn't explain why UC trusts are blocked from the event.

IDK maybe I need to try full GEO bolster at veng+10 and see if matsui-p can handle the damage solo.
By SimonSes 2021-01-13 16:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK maybe I need to try full GEO bolster at veng+10 and see if matsui-p can handle the damage solo

Matsui-P is a beast at attack cap, so I wouldnt be surprised.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 18:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
On V10 it was this...

Just did Veng+9 and he did not use Noahionto, so he must gain access at +10. Going to try it shortly and see if he uses it, or if it's a party-only thing he does in response to something.

V10:192

Veng+9 gave me 164 RP.

Also, there is a "convert RP into segments" option at the Pilgrim Moogle. For science, I traded 1 RP to see what it would give me, and it was 1 segment. >.> Should have known it was a pathetic exchange rate after the lustreless conversion rate.
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-01-13 18:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean seeing some of those datamined augments that's not up yet gives hope for much better rewards. Also I think people don't enjoy keying in Odyssey. I don't recall people whining on farming segments. The problem is it's another daily activity that takes at least 30min (more if you actually optimize it and go with 6ppl and need to prepare and gather)

Group content odyssey is a waste of time except for the segments. The gil/hour from the wings is pretty low and only going to get worse as people spam farm it to do the bosses.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 18:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't farm Odyssey in a group for wings anyways, so that's a moot point. Gil farming = solo. Segment/MM farming = group. You take your pick on what you want to do but you can't prioritize both
 Asura.Botosi
user: Botosi
By Asura.Botosi 2021-01-13 18:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You wouldn't farm Odyssey in a group for wings anyways, so that's a moot point. Gil farming = solo. Segment/MM farming = group. You take your pick on what you want to do but you can't prioritize both

That was pretty much my point. I’m just really baked right now and had a hard time explaining it lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-01-13 18:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Creaucent said: »
Odin.Creaucent said: »
Planning on trying Venge 20 later.
Turns out we were assuming too much. After clearing V15 and re-entering, V15 is still the highest option. So there isn't a V20. /disappoint.

I guess I should have figured since the V15 clear unlocked the R20 augment.

This is kinda strange because update notes says you need to make NM at rank same or higher than your augment to get RP. So what you gonna do when you hit rank 16?

Martel clearly says that the V15 clear unlocked the r20 augments.

Unlocked augment and farming RP is 2 separate things.
It would kinda have sense that if you dont clear V15 you wont have access to 20augment, because clearing V15 should unlock ability to do 16-20 to farm RP up to 20.

Does it not? I assumed doing the rank 15 fight over again would rank it up from 16-20 since they showcased the rank 20 augments.

Once again quote from update notes
Quote:
3. You must defeat the monster on a level equal to or greater than that of your equipment’s current augment level.

Sorry to double post

I think this line is a translation issue. I think it simply means that for an R15 item, you need to beat Veng+15 to unlock the ability to augment up to R20. You dont have to keep fighting on Veng+15+ though, because the Pilgrim Moogle does not differentiate points obtained from any specific Veng+, it's just a cumulative total.

I just checked the Moogle for my ammo and it only showed me R15 max augments with Line 2 blanked out like this --------.
Once I beat Veng+15, It will probably fill in line 2 with the STR+5 augments. We have the benefit of data mined augments, but i guess that was their way of hiding from players what the final augment would be in the end so it would be a surprise when players finally beat highest level. You likely only need to kill highest Veng level once in order to augment to cap. You can go back to soloing lower levels afterwards (otherwise you would be stuck until you could get a group that does the difficulty you need).
By Ghostchild 2021-01-13 20:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you need to purchase the equipment in order to earn RP?
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 237 238 239