2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 237 238 239
By Pantafernando 2020-08-07 18:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna use this (fake?) card campaign to complete my reforged body so.
 Ragnarok.Gooey
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Stu
By Ragnarok.Gooey 2020-08-07 19:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're not doing the thf key method - whats the aim? Go in kill as many mobs as possible and reach top floor?
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-07 19:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Kill NMs, open chests/coffers.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-07 19:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gooey said: »
If you're not doing the thf key method - whats the aim? Go in kill as many mobs as possible and reach top floor?

Odyssey, at this point, only objectives are to farm hides and to farm MM. For the later, it was extensively discussed in the entire thread. For the hides farming, there are different methods to earn that depending how many are farming.

As a party, you can earn single boxes for all party members for halo+beastman kills and large boxes for all party members.

Do notice all Odyssey involves Izzat currency because this unique currency can be used both to open chests and pop NM, being keys and UNM mats just methods to bypass it. While its not clear the benefits of poping NMs from Izzat, opening chests with Izzat will have some chance of poping high tier chests.

Finally, you can earn 6k per nosto kill so if youre commited to just farm, you can earn some direct cash and some hides.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-08 00:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Got my first 2 Aurum strongboxes and did not gain a MM level. Last run on exactly my 37th NM kill, I got a MM level increase.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-08-08 01:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

37? In a row?
[+]
 Siren.Codegen
Server: Siren
user: Genome
By Siren.Codegen 2020-08-09 03:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I can verify that B has another moogle mastery increase at exactly 16 coffers, I am now at moogle mastery 18 (14 in A + 4 in B).

Side note BST can charm monsters there, should survive better than any jug pet and you can pick the right family for killer effects.

The highest moogle mastery seems to be 15 from each area, and the message showing the summed value is just broken.

The most NMs you could do in a run in theory is one per floor if you have a lot of materials to pop higher floors. (can get one etra from halo floors but would use up even more time to kill all guards etc). In practice you can probably solo at most 3-4 per run in B, and maybe 5 in A since those are much easier.

Also some monsters in B were sight only and dd not aggro sound at all, and apkallu seem to be true sight.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-09 04:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I think i read somewhere SE saying some mobs in Odyssey are behaving incorrectly?

Maybe those Apkallus are aggroing by blood or ja instead. Because i think i once passed through an apkallu camp with inv sneak without problem.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-08-11 05:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

o.O Big news, after the maintenance where they fied the effect of moogle mastery, I went in, got an accidental aggro from 3 other monsters while I was fighting one on THF after getting a chest, and my AAEV used a 2hr move, INNVINCIBLE, complete with the blue animation.
A message in white appeared saying
"ArkEV stands resolute thanks to the power of the bond that ties you!"
(I have moogle mastery 18)
By Ermah 2020-08-11 05:20:56
Link | Quote | Reply

That's not invincible, that's the event going on that enhances trust. When your trust die, minus Iroha 2, they come back to life with full health one time.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-08-11 07:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if gessho will mijin gakure out of nowhere
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-08-11 17:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

When I hit exactly 600 Nostos in Sheol B, I got Moogle Mastery VI.

My other stats were:
* 250 chests
* 30 coffers
* 2 Aurum Strongboxes
* 5 Langmeidong
* 1 Azdaha
* 1 Spyrysyon
* 1 Fleet-footed Lokberry
* 1 Count Malefis
* 1 Ishum
* 1 Tripix
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-11 18:18:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't gotten an upgrade in a while, so I might be roadblocked by coffers right now.

MM VIII
Nostos: 1600
Chests: 46
Coffers: 3
Man-Kheper-re: 1
Zacatzontli: 4
Ganji: 1
Bendigeidfran: 1
Kuk: 1
Shara: 6
Tabitjet: 1
Langmeidong: 1
Gravehaunter: 1
Ptesan Wi: 1
Chelama: 1
Azdaha: 1
Nerites: 1
Allergorhai: 6
Spyrysyon: 3
Taniwha: 4
Fleet-footed Lokberry: 1
Apollinaris VII-II: 1
Simir: 6
Count Malefis: 1
Akidu: 6
Fornax: 1
Ishum: 6
Maverick Maude: 1
Chnubis: 1
Tripix: 6
 Asura.Splendid
user: BlindLis
By Asura.Splendid 2020-08-11 18:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
o.O Big news, after the maintenance where they fied the effect of moogle mastery, I went in, got an accidental aggro from 3 other monsters while I was fighting one on THF after getting a chest, and my AAEV used a 2hr move, INNVINCIBLE, complete with the blue animation.
A message in white appeared saying
"ArkEV stands resolute thanks to the power of the bond that ties you!"
(I have moogle mastery 18)

Fascinating. Did any of your other Trusts do anything different?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-11 19:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

He was mistaken, lol. It was not invincible. it was just the Alter Ego Trust Power Up campaign that gives them double HP/MP, and they get one free revival per death. They all do that, it's a campaign that is active.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-08-11 19:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ermah said: »
That's not invincible, that's the event going on that enhances trust. When your trust die, minus Iroha 2, they come back to life with full health one time.
Ah that's disappointing :( anybody notice any difference after yesterday's maintenance then in terms of trusts doing anything more than they did before it?

"[Update Details]
The following issue has been addressed.
- In the Odyssey battle content, the Pilgrim Moogle's active effect acquired in Sheol B does not activate properly, and its effect is lower than the value displayed when entering the area."
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news26113.shtml

Btw 2hr moves would have been a nice addition and easy to implement :(
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-11 19:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Its just stats, you aren't really going to notice. at some point you'll go, oh, yoran survived that aoe finally instead of dying, that's your MM bonus.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-11 20:51:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The message you get upon zoning in is still bugged, shows "...Moogle Mastery ."

There's no way to tell how much stronger these are, especially eyeballing, primarily because we don't know what it really does so we can't make a determination on how better is is now vs before. And B wasn't working anyways, so now there's an even greater blur as far as how strong the trusts should have been vs now.

This campaign ensures you will never be able to properly test how good the MM effects are right now, since they have enhanced stats. You might say "oh MM made my trusts resist than" but it could have justbeen base bonus from Alter Ego HQ

Quote:
Alter Ego Expo Campaign HQ
Alter egos will receive the following improvements for the duration of the campaign.
- Alter egos' Maximum HP and MP will be increased by 50%.
- Alter egos will have a stronger resistance to status ailments.
- When an alter egos takes an amount of damage exceeding its remaining HP, the damage will be negated and the alter ego's HP will be restored to maximum one time only.*

Honestly, that campaign should be standard from, it's already more useful than MM probably will ever be because the HP bonus makes survival with them a lot more manageable.
 Siren.Codegen
By Siren.Codegen 2020-08-13 02:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

One difference I notice with the same trust summoned in SheolB compared to outside (I tested in past areas in case there was a sigil effect) is at least HP shows a difference, AAEV was 3009 outside and 3043 inside. It's not much but it could be used to at least see how things scale up at different levels of moogle mastery, would be especially interesting if it didn't just scale up linearly as there might be some hope for bigger jumps at higher levels.
By soralin 2020-08-13 22:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

ಠ_ಠ
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2020-08-14 05:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

soralin said: »
ಠ_ಠ

Enough mimics for ya?
By soralin 2020-08-14 05:24:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Enough mimics for ya?

That was the penultimate "Well I guess the runs over now" moment for me, never seen that before lol
 Bismarck.Batton
Server: Bismarck
user: BattonBiz
By Bismarck.Batton 2020-08-14 07:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect example of you being able to open the chest behind the small pillar on your left (if the distance is under 6'). Lock in, pop the mimic and walk straight back > 20' and carry on (mimics detect by sight)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-16 16:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Codegen said: »
One difference I notice with the same trust summoned in SheolB compared to outside (I tested in past areas in case there was a sigil effect) is at least HP shows a difference, AAEV was 3009 outside and 3043 inside. It's not much but it could be used to at least see how things scale up at different levels of moogle mastery, would be especially interesting if it didn't just scale up linearly as there might be some hope for bigger jumps at higher levels.

What MM level are you Codegen? I checked inside + outside Odyssey with a similar trust set I roll with. I did notice the trusts start out with their base HP/MP values they have outside Odyssey, and then regen/refresh to their max inside, so it's definitely coming from the MM.

The bonus is really small though. +51HP/+20MP to AAEV at MM20 >.>
By SimonSes 2020-08-16 16:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

If its for example also 1% DT for each MM level then having for example 45% at rank 45 in Sheol C should be quite significant. It can also be other stuff like some stats, acc, macc, eva, meva etc. that their are getting.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-16 17:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
If its for example also 1% DT for each MM level then having for example 45% at rank 45

You just made me think of something. I can start tracking HP/MP bonus after every level increase to see how much both values go up by. Wouldn't tell us exactly stats like mdb/meva/macc/acc/att/def, but it would give an idea of what increase patterns we are looking at per level.

Does anybody with really low MM (or none at all) can enter Odyssey and show me what your HP/MP values for the above trusts looks like?
By SimonSes 2020-08-16 17:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I can for Koru-moru tomorrow. Other trusts there are kinda harder to get for my half naked mules. I think I have MMIII on them just from opening chests :P
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-16 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think they're getting pure DT from MM, unless it's something like 1% per 5 MM. It's more likely to be something like Defense +1% per level.

Someone should record needle damage next time they encounter cactuars and compare it to how much they take outside.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-08-17 00:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but if you die to an NM after it pops its adds, the adds depop, but the NM retains whatever Buff it got from using it's 1hr. Had this happen to me a few times on previous NMs but was reminded of it again last night when I fought an NM.

Also, I stumbled on a gimmick (while fumbling for my Reward macro) for dumping adds if you play pet jobs. Couldn't get the ability off, pet dies, and it was the only acting on the adds, so they depop. Of course, Akidu kept his insane defense bonus. You can probably replicate this by having a mule account do the same without anyone else acting on them.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Also, the -90% DT effect to secondary targets via AOE does not apply to the popped NM's adds:

First Page 2 3 ... 49 50 51 ... 237 238 239