New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Odyssey » The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
The Odyssey - || Strategy and Discussion ||
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 238 239 240
By SimonSes 2021-05-11 08:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Oh, Simon and Belkin were talking about dying to the final NM fight. That's not what I was responding to, lol. But that's not unique anyways. The situation I posted was specific to a group that doesn't do 3 NMs, but clears 1 effectively, so it wasn't a PUG scenario. It wouldn't be any different than going through the trouble of 3 NMs in a group and dying to Bumba on the 4th.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
also, i'm pretty sure if you fail a NM you have to reenter the same NM, so that may not trigger the amplifier anyway

You can re-enter any NM if you fail.

you can clear reliably but deaths can still happen. DC, lag, mad NM spamming Aura, human mistake etc. maybe not on Bumba zerg but Mboze, Ongo, Ngai
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-11 08:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

For sure. Seems best to use your amplifier at the lowest HP possible, and keep RR up at all times in case you do die.

I guess something else to consider here is if you do die and recover, it might be best to just pop your seal and take the boosted boosted RP from the partially depleted boss by waiting your time out vs trying to kill it (unless its at like 1%), else you risk not getting at least a portion RP for your efforts.
By FaeQueenCory 2021-05-11 09:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I misremembering or wasn't dying also an issue when they first added seals?
Give it a month and they'll probably do the same fix of making amplifiers persist.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-11 10:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
The entire reason htb wipe all buffs before you enter now.

I thought HTBF buff removal was due to getting that Level Restriction/Instance Icon when you enter the area. Wouldn't that be an easy fix to this Asylum glitch? Apply a Level Restriction of 99 every time you enter (and remove it when you exit) an NM in Gaol? A flat buff "dispel" seems like a sloppy way to code that, especially since it completely whiffs on Indicolure.

FaeQueenCory said: »
Am I misremembering or wasn't dying also an issue when they first added seals?
Give it a month and they'll probably do the same fix of making amplifiers persist.

Unrelated slightly: a party member last night mentioned that Mog Amplifier did NOT wipe after warping from the Lobby to the boss instance, which reassures me that it wearing off when you die is likely unintentional.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-05-11 10:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys honestly didn't think of that... till now? That's 2013 tech.

Asylum specific is pretty buggy though, admittedly.
I think HTMB wipes buffs because theyre just a copy paste of their original fight.

I went through my logs, and Lilith doesnt wipe buffs upon entry. Tenzen does. Same with some BCNM's. The SKC20 fights wipe buffs, theyre a copy paste of older fights that imposed a level cap status. The Phobos Orb fights dont wipe buffs.

Its strictly the level cap buff thats imposed that wipes buffs, which is stupid for uncapped fights.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2021-05-11 11:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Unrelated slightly: a party member last night mentioned that Mog Amplifier did NOT wipe after warping from the Lobby to the boss instance, which reassures me that it wearing off when you die is likely unintentional.
That's not unrelated cause that's exactly what I was thinking.

Went and double checked, and yup. May 2016 they added the Abdhalj's Seals; then the next update in June they made them not wipe when dead:
The effects of Abdhaljs seals no longer disappear upon being knocked out.
So I'm calling it now: June 2021's update will do the same with the amplifiers. (though you'd think they'd have learned from seals to have started with this.....)
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-05-11 11:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There was another adjustment they made to seals more recently, wherein you used to be able to use a seal even if the status was already active. The second seal would get consumed and you would get no benefit from it, thereby wasting it. Ten bucks says that issue is present as well.

Has anyone submitted an official bug report on this on the forms yet? It definitely seems worthy of one.

EDIT: Found the patch notes. It was from the December 2019 update patch

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56243

Quote:
Item-related

Abdhaljs seals and Abdhaljs tomes can no longer be re-used if their effects are already active.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-11 12:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

I think HTMB wipes buffs because theyre just a copy paste of their original fight.

I went through my logs, and Lilith doesnt wipe buffs upon entry. Tenzen does. Same with some BCNM's. The SKC20 fights wipe buffs, theyre a copy paste of older fights that imposed a level cap status. The Phobos Orb fights dont wipe buffs.

Its strictly the level cap buff thats imposed that wipes buffs, which is stupid for uncapped fights.

They put the 99"cap" in because it wipes the buffs, because it was being abused. It's kind of pointless now, might be why the newer ones don't have it if they don't. And "consistently inconsistent"
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-05-11 12:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

They put the 99"cap" in because it wipes the buffs, because it was being abused. It's kind of pointless now, might be why the newer ones don't have it if they don't. And "consistently inconsistent"
Then why was it not put there for Photon Orb fights? Why is it not there for Lilith fights (I know you zone, which would wipe songs/rolls, but all other buffs still remain)?

If this abuse was so rampant, why omit it for Phobos Orb fights? You can say "lol Phobos Orb fights", but I can easily counter with "lol SKC20".
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-11 12:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

IDK. The fake caps did not exist at first. They were purposefully added. Everyone was using cor and brd mules to prebuff and entering with no cor brd, effectively using 8-9 party members.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-05-11 16:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Something I'm wondering that might have been covered by the thread but didn't see with a quick use of the search function:

If you prep a x9 Amplifier with 3 V15 NMs, does it stay enhanced only within your next Gaol entrance, or all the way until your next Amplifier even if that's longer into the future?
By SimonSes 2021-05-11 16:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Something I'm wondering that might have been covered by the thread but didn't see with a quick use of the search function:

If you prep a x9 Amplifier with 3 V15 NMs, does it stay enhanced only within your next Gaol entrance, or all the way until your next Amplifier even if that's longer into the future?

I would guess if you enter next Gaol and dont use Amplifier and dont make 3 fights again, the bonus will reset, because you havent meet requirements.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-11 21:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

So I hate to be "that guy", but is somebody going to submit the Asylum glitch (might as well include the Entrust glitch) as a bug on the OF?
By Foxfire 2021-05-11 22:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody likes a narc
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-11 22:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather have something clearly wrong reported and fixed than have dozens of people exploit it and risk getting banned.
[+]
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Kingofthenorth 2021-05-11 22:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Do share.
By Shichishito 2021-05-11 22:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Rather have something clearly wrong reported and fixed than have dozens of people exploit it and risk getting banned.
what are you talking about? folks getting banned for hardcore cheating and exploiting is as good as it gets.

damn i always have a bottle of champagne ready on ice just for the rare occasion of one of those threads popping up.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-05-11 22:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll gladly retire if something like this is actually banworthy. Not hurting anyone.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-05-11 23:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
what are you talking about? folks getting banned for hardcore cheating and exploiting is as good as it gets.

damn i always have a bottle of champagne ready on ice just for the rare occasion of one of those threads popping up.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-11 23:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So I hate to be "that guy", but is somebody going to submit the Asylum glitch (might as well include the Entrust glitch) as a bug on the OF?

These are methods completely enabled by SE's bad coding and one can do them completely vanilla. If that's a bannable offense, that's some messed up logic.

That would be the equivalent of SE banning the DRKs who did Soul Eater/Blood Weapon kclub strats on old school Absolute Virtue. Its an unintended consequence of bad QA and coding, not an abuse developed by players through cheating.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ared
user: dracoth
By Carbuncle.Ared 2021-05-11 23:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

These are methods completely enabled by SE's bad coding and one can do them completely vanilla. If that's a bannable offense, that's some messed up logic.

That would be the equivalent of SE banning the DRKs who did Soul Eater/Blood Weapon kclub strats on old school Absolute Virtue. Its an unintended consequence of bad QA and coding, not an abuse developed by players through cheating.

The only problem with this logic is that the Salvage Duping was also enabled by SE's bad coding and one could do it completely in vanilla (all you had to do was disband the alliance - each party got its own drop). SE has, in its past, completely banned people for abusing their own code. The extent that this counts to the same level that did is arguable (not to mention this was shared VERY publicly as opposed to the Salvage bug), but it's happened in the past already.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-05-11 23:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

solid points. and backed up by a track record of SE covering their mistakes at the expense of players who happened to find the already existing back door into the club. The only difference I could possibly cite is that the overall population is so much lower now I don't know what level of financial loss SE is comfortable with.

...and I still say its some messed up logic ;)
By Ruaumoko 2021-05-12 04:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't use the Asylum exploit now that it's wider knowledge purely because there is a precedent in the Salvage bans from eons ago. Just because something is poorly coded/overlooked doesn't matter, if something seems too good to be true it probably is and SE will ban people who knowingly exploit it.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-05-12 08:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sterk said: »
I'll gladly retire if something like this is actually banworthy. Not hurting anyone.

Unlikely it's ban worthy in my opinion, but there's still a difference between accidentally popping Asylum once and doing a half dozen runs with it. Pretty easy to tell someone who is trying to abuse a clearly unintentional mechanic from someone who accidentally found the interaction by parsing number of occurances. It is more likely everyone who abuses it gets away with it, but you can't really pretend that using it for multiple runs isn't cheating.

Also, nothing 'hurts' anyone, it's a game. However, altering the balance still has negative impacts. This content was meant to last several more months at minimum, and using this exploit allows groups that otherwise would've had to do a lower vengeance or gear up more to win anyway. Given a few weeks of usage, you could have hundreds of players that are capped out who otherwise wouldn't be. This artificially invalidates a large amount of SE's work and causes negative ramifications for the game in general, because people are back to sitting in town with nothing to do.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-12 09:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So are the weird Nyame prices I'm hearing about on asura normal or is it a glitch?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-05-12 09:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

They are lowered over time, so "weird" ? Means what, lower? Yeah, that's intended.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2021-05-12 09:34:35
Link | Quote | Reply

1.7mil a piece seems a bit low.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-05-12 09:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

Compare that to Bunzi gear which is still over 5 mil. The price difference is a direct correlation to how many people are doing easy Bumba spams vs the much more challenging Mboze.

Most people are content to get the Mboze clear out of the way and move on (I still have friends who haven't beaten 15 because it's a crapshoot), but Bumba is so easy that it's naturally going to have the highest participation rate. Plus the gear is clearly the best set across the board, so it's a no-brainer that people would flock to that NM immediately. Over time, the prices of other items will drop. And Asura has the highest population anyways, so it will see price drops faster than any other server.

SE really whiffed with the whole "this will be the hardest NM for the effort" thing
 Bahamut.Belkin
Server: Bahamut
user: Belkin
By Bahamut.Belkin 2021-05-12 09:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Khajit said: »

On Bahamut, Nyame price is down to 4.5m. I would say 1.7m is probably on par with what Asura should be at.

The price gets lowered because Bumba is the only Atonement 4 NM to do, and everybody is spamming it all day every day.

The NM to lower all of Atonement 3 prices is Mboze (which is probably the same for Asura). Mboze does not get spammed. Therefore, prices of Atonement 3 items stay relatively the same.
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 238 239 240