First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 242 243 244
 Asura.Hya
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-03-13 10:39:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Harribel said: »
Has anyone else experienced strange variance in how much lag they get in ody: C?

When I go in with just my 4-box setup it's minorly laggy, maybe a lil delay here and there, but very playable.

I just went in with 5 people, adding only my american friend to the group setup, and it was unplayably bad, it honestly felt like the same lag I get in dyna D attempts with 12+ people.

Spells were going off, but I was not able to see start-of-cast or animations finishing, and it would take several seconds to confirm that I did actually use things like Rampart.

From word of mouth the other europeans I know also experience horrendous lag specifically in Dyna D at least.
I just did a Sheol Gaol run at a T3 with the same american friend 10 minutes after our failed Sheol C run and it was within 900R and no lag whatsoever.
Sheol C has been very laggy for me the past couple of days. Players and mobs teleporting, spells not showing in chat log, that kind of stuff. It's playable, but kind of rough. I'm on east coast US, for reference.
By SimonSes 2021-03-13 11:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Im from Poland, also from Bahamut and I never had lags in Odyssey A, b or C, but I solo or tribox. 2 days ago I went for C farming with a group and also had no lags. I have massive lags in Dynamis D with ally (very little lags when trioboxing) and I had massive lags (all the usual 5-10 sec delay, no animation etc.) in Gaol before update, but few times after update I had no lags at all.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-13 12:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Myself and others in my group have had bad lag in C since update. Not as bad as Gaol pre-update, but still bad.
[+]
By GlassyCraver 2021-03-13 13:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

On WAR would Mace+1/shield beat Karambit for blunt weak mobs, or not?
 Asura.Bippin
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-03-13 13:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Club for sure Judgment is very good, h2h on other hand you get what just Asuran unless you /mnk

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2021-03-13 18:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed V15 Mboze but still no clue about Tiiimbeeer.

It took 2 rounds, we won the second with 17 seconds left.

First setup: PLD, SAM, GEO, WHM, BRD, DNC.
Classic fight until the inevitable Tiiimbeeer which happened at ~40%.
Second setup: RUN, COR, RDM, SMN, BST, NIN.
BST used Leech pet for TP Drainkiss every 30 secs with Shun/Ten, Savage Blade and Predator Claws as damage sources (WS/Disengage with Tact Roll/Frontia Soda). NIN used Gokotai and a DW set for a strong Regain effect, did Mikage at the end. Garuda did most of the dmg.

I have mentionned this already but the "no TP strat" is an extremely effective method to finish a boss, it works on V15 Bee, Shark, Tree, Lion, T-rex and probably Bumba. With next to no buffs WSs are doing only like 4k but BPs are still doing 12-20k. SMN/Pet jobs in general have always been somewhat advantaged when nobody is receiving buffs. Despite the nerf Mewing Lullaby also works instead of TP Drainkiss but having to alternate between Cait sith and Ramuh/Siren/Garuda lowers SMN DPS.
However, if a boss manages to get its aura it's pratically over. Aura gives them a moderate Regain buff which TP Drainkiss / Mewing recast can't follow.

Also, not sure if this was known already, Mikage doesn't simply increases Subtle Blow but actually sets the TP given to 1.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-03-13 18:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bippin said: »
Club for sure Judgment is very good, h2h on other hand you get what just Asuran unless you /mnk

Club is superior by miles and warrior is the best job to use it. Mace/blurred+1, you get a ton of fencer bonuses so you basically get effective 2k TP judgements every 1K with moonshade. You'd use the neck in the set as well so you will pump out consistent high damage judgements with buffs vs skeletons. Don't even need to use warcry
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-03-13 20:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

When Kalunga (V10) had aura up, Light SCs were healing it for 99999.
By Guyford 2021-03-13 21:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So a few questions on timber/mboze.

Has anyone tried feather tickle/reaving wind? Are they effective at all? Maybe a cait sith and a backward facing blu?

Also, has anyone tested if timber dmg is proportional to number of buffs on Mboze? Root of the problem steals buffs, but droning whirlwind is an unresistable full dispel from blu. You could use this at 50% and then after every root of the problem getting random deal/wildcard from a cor and using unbridled wisdom as well.

I'll point out that all of the aforementioned blu spells are wind elemental.

If this works there are other forms of unresistable dispel that might be spammed when wisdom/learning is unavailable. (Shield Bash, Atomos come to mind)
 Bismarck.Zubuis
Server: Bismarck
user: Zubuis
By Bismarck.Zubuis 2021-03-14 00:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Has there been much testing on the schere earring? Is the -enmity noticeable?
 Bismarck.Sterk
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-03-14 00:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone's curious, you don't get the KI if a boss is CFH'd!
By Guyford 2021-03-14 01:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zubuis said: »
Has there been much testing on the schere earring? Is the -enmity noticeable?

It's 20 mp consumed per hit. That's the extent of my testing but I see no reason not to assume its a basic -20 enmity whenever it procs fully, and -whatever mp is consumed when u have less than 20
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-14 01:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

This is not really a guide but it's what we've accomplished thus far and how we did it. It's a node so some stuff is just labeled as WIP

Node 438
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-14 06:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
With next to no buffs WSs are doing only like 4k but BPs are still doing 12-20k. SMN/Pet jobs in general have always been somewhat advantaged when nobody is receiving buffs. Despite the nerf Mewing Lullaby also works instead of TP Drainkiss but having to alternate between Cait sith and Ramuh/Siren/Garuda lowers SMN DPS.

I think DNC could be a part of this strategy too. Steps would rise damage from SMN and you can WS using just steps/reverse to gain TP. Climactic WS would be strong even without buffs and they shouldnt add much TP feed. That being said Mboze resist piercing so it would be less effective. If only Onion Sword III wouldnt be walled by Bonanza...
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-14 16:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

is Marmorkrebs weak to any magic besides thunder? Does TF or leaden work?
 Asura.Nuance
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2021-03-14 17:07:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not great but opens fragmentation for you if nothing else for your SCH GEO BLM w/e
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2021-03-14 18:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
It's not great but opens fragmentation for you if nothing else for your SCH GEO BLM w/e

was more looking to solo v5 to save static some segments on the rankup grind. Guess goin to bite the bullet and give sch a go
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-15 07:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

FINAL FANTASY XI Updated (Mar. 15)
Quote:
[Update Details]
The following issue was addressed.

-In the battle contents for Odyssey, the strength of some of the skills for the Notorious Monster "Mboze" in Sheol?Gaol has been lowered.
.... Timber Nerf!?
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-03-15 07:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Quote:
[Update Details]

-In the battle contents for Odyssey, the strength of some of the skills for the Notorious Monster "Mboze" in Sheol?Gaol has been lowered.
.... Timber Nerf!?

:O

So we were trying to find a mechanic and they just Absolute Virtued us Tanaka style XD
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-15 08:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty funny
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-03-15 08:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Quote:
[Update Details]

.... Timber Nerf!?

:O

So we were trying to find a mechanic and they just Absolute Virtued us Tanaka style XD

"Okay... You caught us... We'll change it back to what it was supposed to be in the first place."
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2021-03-15 08:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Kilogram said: »
This debuff ***is cancerous, every group now mfers are like "DONT DO DEBUFFS"

its more likely that denounce is random, or triggered by healing too much of the wrong element

Just my example from last night.

Went 1/2 on Bumba. Pld whm cor brd mnk drg

Raging fists, leaden, stardiver dont chain, so we used those.

Did no debuffs except dragon breaker and shield bash(not sure if that counts) first fight. Wiped to Denoument.

2nd run same setup, no spells, no dragon breaker, no shield bash, did nothing to Bumba except tp and ws on him, he died, now i got hot pink armor.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2021-03-15 08:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bayonette said: »

its more likely that denounce is random, or triggered by healing too much of the wrong element

Did no debuffs except dragon breaker and shield bash(not sure if that counts) first fight. Wiped to Denoument.

2nd run same setup, no spells, no dragon breaker, no shield bash, did nothing to Bumba except tp and ws on him, he died, now i got hot pink armor.
I would note that Stardiver inflicts a debuff, so if that was still being used then the second run doesn't really count as a no debuff attempt.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-03-15 09:01:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Did they really nerf tiiimbeeer?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-03-15 09:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Did they really nerf tiiimbeeer?

[+]
By Kilogram 2021-03-15 09:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

its way more likely that leaden had healed it the first run.

the no debuff crap is silly
[+]
By Taint 2021-03-15 10:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK SP2 neuter's Bumba for those looking for an easy clear.
 Asura.Bayonette
By Asura.Bayonette 2021-03-15 10:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

its way more likely that leaden had healed it the first run.

the no debuff crap is silly

Oh that's a possibility. First run I was pld, 2nd run I was the cor. 1 of my leadens healed it for 16000 at about 20% on the successful run.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 102 103 104 ... 242 243 244