Random Politics & Religion #21

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #21
Random Politics & Religion #21
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 50 51 52
By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm also not sure why the hell my ISP would care that I'm on FFXIAH or what they pose to gain from it...
By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:08:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I have faith in Comcast...that they will implement fiber optics...when Hell freezes over !
By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »
Obsolete or not it's a good practice to use it accurately.

Quote:
The root word Semite gives the false impression that antisemitism is directed against all Semitic people. However, the compound word antisemite was popularized in Germany in 1879 as a scientific-sounding term for Judenhass "Jew-hatred", and that has been its common use since then.

Language evolves. The proper terminology for hostility or prejudice against Jews is "antisemitism", not Anti-Ashkenazi.

Yes language evolves. I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding in what I wrote.

When I wrote anti-Ashkenazi I did not mean it was the proper catch all phrase for being Anti-Jewish. I meant it purely in identifying the specific ethnic group that is being referred to when people talk about "Israel" and it's "Zionist" policies. Anti-Zionist is less esoteric obviously.

But on the subject of linguistics, what is your reaction when you hear/read : irregardless ?

I find the English language to be overly complicated with way too many exemptions and rules. I've studied a little bit of French. And it seems a bit easier than English. I tells ya !
By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

exceptions *
By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Quoting me on Jerusalem is again ironic, since the occupation of Jerusalem by Israel is illegal and recognised as such even by the US, and 178 other countries. So you want to call me out for supporting none violent means of attaining what is legally right, go ahead.

We are actually doing something perfectly democratic by western standards and that is to boycott Israel and attract investments away from it. AIPAC is trying to make that illegal. That's is at odds with your own constitution that protects freedom of speech.(youre going to be told you can't refuse to buy a product because you have reservations or objections about it ethically- how wonderfully democratic)

Keep misusing the antisemite card. Each time you do you, You expedite it's exile into ridicule and discredit it of having any relevance. Israel is desperately trying to play that card because it doesn't have anything left to stand on or hide behind, except military superior force. And any time a nation or Empire had to bet on it's hard power instead of it's soft power, has been followed by ruin and demise.

The fact is there are several military, political, social and law enforcement public figures who have said what I am repeating; Israel has a disproportionate influence on American politics and is the single most influential foreign body on American politics.

None of this is for Nobody's benefit. I don't think he actually wants to increase his knowledge on this. This is for the benefit of others who might not be aware but just never had the time or interest to look into it. That's how I feel about Africa. I don't know much and at first glance it looks too complicated with nuances and a history for me to make a judgment or even contribute to a discussion about.
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 08:22:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Evidence?

It's clearly stated by the NSA and the FBI, Trump himself also acknowledged the Russian hacks. All the proofs you need is classified, but then you'd need leaks to see them ... but leaks are bad unless it's about Obama/Clinton, right?
I'm gonna need a link or something.

And it'd better not be "probably".

January 10th-11th he said:

“As far as hacking, I think it was Russia,” Mr. Trump said, his first comments accepting the conclusions of United States intelligence officials that Moscow had interfered in the election.

But he also attempted to deflect so as to not offend Vladimir.
https://nyti.ms/2ikPF27
Ok so can "I think" be the universal standard for proof in the future for this forum? Or is it just gonna be the standard for progressives?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You want the proof...you want the proof...you can't handle the proof !
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 08:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the conclusions he spoke them about, let's crack those open too. Those conclusions are just people's opinions.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 08:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey fone you've heard of frinkiac.com right?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-30 08:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It always makes me laugh when people take the word of Julian Asange as legit... I guess it depends on whether you agree with what he's saying or not...

You're against leaking classified language but the word of the guy leaking all of it is appearantly trustworthy and you will use it as evidence to back up your claims lol... too funny...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-30 08:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Evidence?

It's clearly stated by the NSA and the FBI, Trump himself also acknowledged the Russian hacks. All the proofs you need is classified, but then you'd need leaks to see them ... but leaks are bad unless it's about Obama/Clinton, right?

“As far as hacking, I think it was Russia,” Mr. Trump said, his first comments accepting the conclusions of United States intelligence officials that Moscow had interfered in the election.

Ok so can "I think" be the universal standard for proof in the future for this forum? Or is it just gonna be the standard for progressives?
Idk your standard for proof seems to either be Trump said it so it's true or pretty much anything against liberals...

But yeah... please don't talk like you've actually put any type of thought or research into what you post in here... it's mostly just regurgitated from some conservative mouth piece or trumps tweets...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 08:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
It always makes me laugh when people take the word of Julian Asange as legit... I guess it depends on whether you agree with what he's saying or not...

You're against leaking classified language but the word of the guy leaking all of it is appearantly trustworthy and you will use it as evidence to back up your claims lol... too funny...
Leaks info exposing truths about government overreach, but sure he COULD have an pro massive government agenda.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 08:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Evidence?

Idk your standard for proof seems to either be Trump said it so it's true or pretty much anything against liberals...

But yeah... please don't talk like you've actually put any type of thought or research into what you post in here... it's mostly just regurgitated from some conservative mouth piece or trumps tweets...
If you want to discuss the validity of any particular statement we can.

Argue away.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-30 08:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
As a left of center American Jew I rather agree with Blazed and maldini.
Well, I feel sorry for you then.

You, of course, have a vested interest in Israel. Can you state the same for everyone else? If not everyone else, how about you give a percentage of the population?

Also, you missed the key point: Israel did not have a direct or indirect influence on the American election. Can you tell me how many times Israel was mentioned by any candidate? Hell, Russia was (probably) mentioned 100+ times greater during the campaign than Israel.

It's not a large or important topic for average Americans. Like you said, you have to be in a very specific group, and even then, I highly doubt the wellbeing of Israel was even in the top 5 topics for those people in your group (outside of Israeli citizens, of course, because they are human just like everyone else, regardless of what some people here say).
Idk where you've been but Israel is a big topic in politics especially among the religious...
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 08:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Regardless, those IC "conclusions" on hacking, aren't a smoking gun.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-30 08:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaks info exposing truths about government overreach, but sure he COULD have an pro massive government agenda.
So you're ok with some government leaks as long as you agree with the agenda?

As you said what on the previous page? Hacking the dnc is not hacking the government right? So those had nothing to do with government over reach and speaks more to a political agenda... maybe he was just pissed off at the Dems for pretty much confining him to that embassy...

Personally I couldn't tell you if the Russians had anything to d with it and I don't really think Trump himself had anything to do with any of it either... but for you to sit here and talk like Asange is some kind of reliable person well then I guess you're the type to use anything or anyone you can to justify your position regardless of any validity...

Just like someone else here who wanted to prove to you that they Russians hacked the dnc you don't have definitive proof either that they didn't... both sides are just believing what they want to and going with it...
By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

frinkiac.

No but I do now ! thanks
By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:53:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Look what you have done !

By fonewear 2017-03-30 08:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I speak for everyone when I say. What the hell does Israel have to do with anything !
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 08:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're ok with some government leaks as long as you agree with the agenda?

As you said what on the previous page? Hacking the dnc is not hacking the government right? So those had nothing to do with government over reach and speaks more to a political agenda... maybe he was just pissed off at the Dems for pretty much confining him to that embassy...

Personally I couldn't tell you if the Russians had anything to d with it and I don't really think Trump himself had anything to do with any of it either... but for you to sit here and talk like Asange is some kind of reliable person well then I guess you're the type to use anything or anyone you can to justify your position regardless of any validity...

Just like someone else here who wanted to prove to you that they Russians hacked the dnc you don't have definitive proof either that they didn't... both sides are just believing what they want to and going with it...
As a mild libertarian I clearly don't mind The concept of leakinG overreach. LeakinG national secrets is another story (especially in terms of a political witch hunt) is pretty much a full example of overreach.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 09:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone you can make GIFs. I just figured that you always post youtubes, you can make the gifs of them instead!
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-30 09:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Fone you can make GIFs. I just figured that you always post youtubes, you can make the gifs of them instead!

I'll work on it.
By fonewear 2017-03-30 09:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-30 09:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You, of course, have a vested interest in Israel. Can you state the same for everyone else? If not everyone else, how about you give a percentage of the population?

Also, you missed the key point: Israel did not have a direct or indirect influence on the American election. Can you tell me how many times Israel was mentioned by any candidate? Hell, Russia was (probably) mentioned 100+ times greater during the campaign than Israel.

It's not a large or important topic for average Americans. Like you said, you have to be in a very specific group, and even then, I highly doubt the wellbeing of Israel was even in the top 5 topics for those people in your group (outside of Israeli citizens, of course, because they are human just like everyone else, regardless of what some people here say).
Idk where you've been but Israel is a big topic in politics especially among the religious...
I know you are excellent at selective reading, but do I need to prove to you that you are full of ***?
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-30 09:06:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, assange's own statement that he didn't get the info from Russia is more solid evidence that Russia didn't do the hacking than the "conclusions" of the IC are that they did.

If someone wants to contest that, let's bust open those "conclusions" and find out.

The IC doesn't know ***. The DNC even refused to let them examine their servers during the election.
By fonewear 2017-03-30 09:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Intelligence committee is just facts I don't like.
By fonewear 2017-03-30 09:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

They want to talk about Russia so the Democrats look like they are doing something.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-30 09:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I know you are excellent at selective reading, but do I need to prove to you that you are full of ***?
I'd be interested to see how you do... it's not only a big thing in politics but big amongst average ordinary citizens... it's one of those weird things that crosses party lines too...

So hostile with that full of ***stuff there KN... someone miss his breakfast today? Lol...
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-30 09:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now, assange's own statement that he didn't get the info from Russia is more solid evidence that Russia didn't do the hacking than the "conclusions" of the IC are that they did.

If someone wants to contest that, let's bust open those "conclusions" and find out.

The IC doesn't know ***. The DNC even refused to let them examine their servers during the election.
It's not evidence at all... could tell you my hair is brown and hell it might be but it's not evidence of anything... if I showed up in front of you and you saw that my hair is brown or I give you a photo that's going along the lines of providing proof...

he won't tell you where he got it... all he did do eventually is provide a possible alternative... again not to say that makes it untrue but it definitely doesn't prove anything at all..
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-30 09:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be interested to see how you do... it's not only a big thing in politics but big amongst average ordinary citizens... it's one of those weird things that crosses party lines too...
Wrong, and also, wrong.

How can Israel be a big thing in politics when it wasn't even a big voting issue for the general election, nor is Israel even a top contender of foreign policy issues period.

More people are concerned with Mexico and Canada and Russia than they are about Israel.

Look, we get it, you love to argue and make statements that don't fit with reality, nor do you provide evidence to support your statements. But do you really need to argue for the sake of arguing?
First Page 2 3 ... 40 41 42 ... 50 51 52