Random Politics & Religion #21

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #21
Random Politics & Religion #21
First Page 2 3 4 ... 50 51 52
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-03-20 15:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Targeting specific parties and dissemination of facts I don't like is an escalation of interference. There's no need to minimize what Russia did as the same old ***that's always happened. It isn't and now that's it's been shown to be effective in at least rattling the election process, shouldn't be treated as such.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-20 15:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Libs have invested so much into this nothing-burger, and there is zero out there to support it. Their based is going to eat them alive when reality eventually comes knocking.

How long can they string this out you think?
IDK, the republicans investigated Bill and Hill for 25 years.

Except for Hillary she ACTUALLY broke the law! ...
I'm sorry but after 25 years and like 1/2 billion dollars all we got was a used blue dress and an E-mail server. Oh... a Trump presidency too.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-20 15:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty obvious that trump won't be impeached short of someone finding a picture of Trump deep throating Putin...

Also not sure if you can even sue the POUTUS for libel... even if I doubt it's something obama would even consider pursuing...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-20 15:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Also not sure if you can even sue the POUTUS for libel... even if I doubt it's something obama would even consider pursuing...
Read an article on that subject recently. Basically if he is acting in his capacity as president he can't be sued.
VIP
By Jassik 2017-03-20 15:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty obvious that trump won't be impeached short of someone finding a picture of Trump deep throating Putin...

In all honesty, I'd rather he wasn't impeached, cause then we'd be stuck with President Pence and VP Ryan. And, while I'm entertained by the comical levels of ineptitude streaming out of the White House on an almost daily basis, I'm really hoping they get their crap together soon, for all our sake.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-20 15:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Shruiken said: »

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Priorities!

We can trust FFXIAH though !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2017-03-20 15:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »

In all honesty, I'd rather he wasn't impeached, cause then we'd be stuck with President Pence and VP Ryan. And, while I'm entertained by the comical levels of ineptitude streaming out of the White House on an almost daily basis, I'm really hoping they get their crap together soon, for all our sake.
I'm in agreement with you on that...
By fonewear 2017-03-20 15:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Must be a slow news day when they talk to the FBI for hours and get "no comment" then spend the rest of the day reading into...umm no comment ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-20 15:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Much like this attempt to focus on the leaking and not what was contained in the leaks that led to the resignation of a National Security Advisor and the head of the Justice Department having to recuse themselves from being involved in the investigation regarding the Trump Campaign and Russia...

totally nothing to see with those types of reactions.

In both cases, the leaks revealed nothing illegal. Sooooo....

...both individuals lied when they didn't need to. Costing them.

So why did they feel the need to? If only those transcripts were in the public domain...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-03-20 15:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
fonewear said: »
ffxiah is the only place I actively check daily that offers news topics about your country, and I only come here because of the community.

I never care enough about your country to seek out new topics about it on my own, similar to how you feel about my country etc

No wonder you are out of your element !
[+]
By Zerowone 2017-03-20 15:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Shiva.Shruiken said: »

Priorities!

We can trust that your posts will continue to not be random in FFXI AH's Random Politics and Religion #21.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-20 15:56:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Targeting specific parties and dissemination of facts I don't like is an escalation of interference. There's no need to minimize what Russia did as the same old ***that's always happened. It isn't and now that's it's been shown to be effective in at least rattling the election process, shouldn't be treated as such.

Targeting specific parties is new? Dissemination of facts I don't like is new? The only thing new about that is the way the MSM is doing just that at unprecedented levels on both counts.

The only reason you think Russia's interference is new is because it's being blown up all over the media as a means of undermining the president. How many hours of coverage do you need to detail a witch hunt with zero released evidence?
[+]
By fonewear 2017-03-20 15:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of random where the hell is Uncle Nik he give up FFXIAH for lent ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-20 16:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Targeting specific parties is new? Dissemination of facts I don't like is new? The only thing new about that is the way President Trump is doing just that at unprecedented levels on both counts.

Fixed for accuracy.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-03-20 16:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Targeting specific parties is new? Dissemination of facts I don't like is new? The only thing new about that is the way President Trump is doing just that at unprecedented levels on both counts.

Fixed for accuracy.

That... doesn't even make much sense. Do you even FTFY, bro?
[+]
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-03-20 16:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I never care enough about your country to seek out new topics about it on my own, similar to how you feel about my country etc

A lot of Canadian news is pretty entertaining. Like the 18 Million Dollar Maple Syrup Heist, or anything Rob Ford.

Goodnight, sweet prince.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2017-03-20 16:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Libs have invested so much into this nothing-burger, and there is zero out there to support it. Their based is going to eat them alive when reality eventually comes knocking.

How long can they string this out you think?
IDK, the republicans investigated Bill and Hill for 25 years.

Except for Hillary she ACTUALLY broke the law! ...
I'm sorry but after 25 years and like 1/2 billion dollars all we got was a used blue dress and an E-mail server. Oh... a Trump presidency too.
This is a joke right?

Blue dress = impeachment over perjury.
Email = trafficking in top secret classified information.

And that doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what's going on at the Clinton foundation.

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-20 16:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Arrest Of Twitter User Could Have Serious Implications For The World Of Internet Trolling
The daily beast

Quote:
John Rivello was arrested Friday months after he allegedly sent a tweet that caused journalist Kurt Eichenwald to suffer a seizure.

This arrest appears to be the first of its kind and presents serious implications for the world of internet trolling, which seeks to annoy fellow users.

Eichenwald’s attorney Steven Lieberman and cyber jurisprudence expert Peter Stephenson told The Daily Caller Sunday they are unaware of any similar cases where an internet message or posting causing bodily harm and resulted in an arrest. Kevin Fu, a computer scientist at the University of Michigan, told The Washington Post, “This is a new era.”

Rivello, 29, is being charged under a federal stalking statute which says that someone can’t use an electronic communication service with the intent to kill or injure another person. Lieberman told TheDC that this law fits Eichenwald’s situation “like a glove.” The attorney said that someone doesn’t have to be directly touched for something to be assault and compared Rivello’s alleged tweet to poisoning someone.

People have been arrested or convicted under this statute for causing bodily harm but were from instances of continued online harassment.

In 2008, users on a forum for the Epilepsy Foundation suffered epileptic attacks after people posted animations designed to trigger seizures. No arrests resulted from the incidents.

Eichenwald, a Newsweek writer, suffers from epilepsy and has been public about this throughout his adult life. The tweet Rivello allegedly sent in December contained an image with flashing colors that said, “you deserve a seizure.” Eichenwald’s wife responded to the account Rivello allegedly managed saying that Eichenwald had indeed suffered an epileptic episode, and that the police had been contacted.

An FBI affidavit said that Rivello had sent direct messages to other Twitter users expressing a desire for the image to cause Eichenwald to have seizure. Rivello allegedly wrote “let’s see if he dies.” The affidavit also said that his iCloud account contained information about commonly reported seizure triggers.

The account Rivello allegedly managed, “@jew_goldstein,” was just one of many that sent Eichenwald similar images. The former New York Times reporter tweeted after the arrest that “identifying information about every person who sent me strobes after finding out about the assault is currently in the hands of the FBI.”

“More than 40 ppl sent strobes once they found out they could trigger seizures. Details of their cases are with the FBI. Stop sending them,” Eichenwald added. One Twitter user decided to respond to this tweet with an image that could conceivably cause a seizure.

However, the arrest of Rivello certainly has internet trolls gripped in fear. WeSearcher, which is ran by infamous internet troll Chuck Johnson, has raised thousands of dollars to provide for Rivello’s legal defense. “If this goes to trial, it will redefine ‘trolling’ and what it means to troll online. John can’t go to prison for tweeting a gif at Eichenwald,” the post soliciting the funds said.

Lieberman also agreed with the sentiment that this will change online trolling. “I think this arrest will have very significant implications. There were a significant amount of people who sent flashing strobe lights to Kurt for the purpose of injuring him for what he has written. Now that the word is out that authorities consider the act as criminal, something these people should have known, the behavior will decrease in volume,” the attorney told TheDC Sunday.

Danielle Citron, a professor at the University of Maryland who specializes in cyberstalking, told the Post that there is no first amendment defense for what Rivello allegedly did. “It doesn’t have expressive value. . . . It doesn’t express someone’s autonomy of views and opinions. It’s not contributing to the marketplace of ideas,” Citron said.

Breitbart tech writer Charlie Nash disagreed strongly with this and tweeted after the arrest, “Kurt Eichenwald managed to get a guy arrested for sending him a GIF on Twitter… *** this world.”

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-20 16:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed for accuracy.

That... doesn't even make much sense. Do you even FTFY, bro?

Makes tons of sense if you're a moderate American who is embarrassed by our President spreading false information from opinion editorials and blogs he just watched/had read to him.

Ex: Mark Levin's rant that Obama "wire tapped" Trump Towers & Napolitano's made up account of Obama contacting British Intelligence to get surveillance on Trump.

It's like he hasn't figured out he is President yet and has all the accurate information at his fingertips.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Shruiken
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Shruiken 2017-03-20 16:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

really the main takeaway of the hearing is how much director comey hates the new england patriots.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-20 16:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The distancing has begun.

Curiously enough at today's press conference Spicer said Paul Manafort had a very limited minor role in Trump campaign and for a limited time. That Flynn was only a "volunteer" for the campaign...

"Something" is coming down the pipeline for the revisions to start happening now. Especially in the capacity of "revising" role of the former National Chairman of the Trump Campaign in 2016.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-03-20 17:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I encourage Democrats to keep pursuing this Political loser in trying to convince the American people that President Trump is a Russian plant. Meanwhile, while you are distracted losing, he will be gutting Obamacare and appointing a young Conservative Supreme Court Justice.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-20 18:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
2. tRump went and committed an impeachable act....
As much as I hate to inform you outrageous =/= impeachable. Nor does ill considered. Nor does stupid.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-03-20 18:34:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
I encourage Democrats to keep pursuing this Political loser in trying to convince the American people that President Trump is a Russian plant. Meanwhile, while you are distracted losing, he will be gutting Obamacare and appointing a young Conservative Supreme Court Justice.
He isn't a Russian plant he is just in hock up to his bleached blond eyebrows to Russian banks and oligarchs.

And unless the republicans pull the nuclear option Grosuch is going nowhere.

As for the gutting Obamacare? republicans on their right wing don't like Ryancare, republicans on their allegedly moderate side don't like it, republican governors don't like it, and even the party hacks have to hold their nose to vote fore it. As I said before, dead in the water.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 50 51 52