iiPunch - Monk Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 363 364 365
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-08-06 00:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK Idle set which offers near cap pdt, capped mdt with shell, and a smidge of regen all while having 2700+ HP. Great for pulling fodder ***in Omen and about about anywhere else. And because obviously not everyone has Ashera, there are a lot of other options for pdt which will keep you in the ~2600 HP range such as Relic +3, Emet Harness +1, an augmented Herc body, or Ryou Domaru +1. And if you're not into the Regen pieces can swap into Kenda Pieces for more MEVA.

ItemSet 360422
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-06 02:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
A bit back on topic: so at what point does MNK's Subtle Blow/Penance trick start producing diminishing returns to the point where the tp feed between a subtle blow setup and a non-subtle setup is too close to matter? What's the magic number of dps, 3?

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
1-There is a certain threshold where the total number of DPS jobs starts to diminish the effects of SB rendering it obsolete as a strategy regardless of the amount/delay.

From experience with two groups so far that utilizes SB [One Japanese and the other EU/NA] in alliance I would safely say that after the 5th DPS member it goes back to normal window of TP frequency.

Please note that 4 out of these 5 DPS jobs were capped on SB and were at [55, 70, 70, 75][DNC DRG MNK RUN COR] if it matters and targets were Teles, Albumen and Omen.[and soon Schah]

Also note that the window is a bit lower than what Rua showed in Kin video, it was [15-25 s] window on AVG between moves with 5 DPS.

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

I think there was a more explicit discussion of it at some point, perhaps 7 months ago, about whether Gin or Kin has innate regain and whether MNK matters at all. idk the specifics but I think it was between Saevel and Thorny.

Maybe It’s more like [Save TP + Occult Acumen] same as La Theine Liege NM.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2018-08-06 03:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
With a non 2-boxed Idris GEO, Regal COR and 4 song HM BRD and I am pretty certain that with a PLD disengaged tanking Kin (less TP feed) many good SAM, WAR and DRK could solo kill it in 5 minutes. I'd be happy to demonstrate this if I could get these kinds of buffs which few people that have without 2boxing characters and hence are less efficient (i.e. not getting Geo-Frail back up right away, keeping rolls on, not letting the DD die, etc.).

----------------------------------------

Buukkii who is a gimp that run away when asked to put his money where his mouth is.
I presented my video evidence, time for you to put your money where your mouth is. I'll wait.

Hell, if you need the GEO hit me up when you're online.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-08-06 03:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ad hominem attacks are fun.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-08-06 04:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

directx my man you need to upgrade from being dx8 to being dx12
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-06 04:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

This seemingly dogmatic approach is going to fade away anytime soon.
More often than not, Players will gravitate towards flexibility the more we share ideas outside the current meta.

Post deleted by User.
By Ruaumoko 2018-08-06 04:39:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
I presented my video evidence, time for you to put your money where your mouth is. I'll wait.

Hell, if you need the GEO hit me up when you're online.
You've also failed to respond to any of the questions I've asked you or points I've raised.

1. You wrote best of three. What are the other 2 kill times for each set up?
2. What were total run times?

As you've noted also, without parsing there is little data to try to understand more of the context.

I will happily come on Warrior if the rest are provided. If I don't cure it too much on accident then I think 5 minutes using savage blade will be doable. How much HP do you think it has? 2M-3M? Savage blade with those buffs should average over 30k.
I don't check the forums every other hour. Have to let that slide.

1. Monk and Ninja
5:25 / 5:50 / 4:40 (this is the one you saw).

Samurai and Rune Fencer
9:43 / 10:45 / 7:35 (this is the one you saw).

2. I actually didn't record the entire run.

Yeah, running Scoreboard would have been good in hindsight.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2018-08-06 04:49:42
Link | Quote | Reply

How much HP do you think it has? 2M-3M? Savage blade with those buffs should average over 30k.

I don't want to take sides, but if it really has 2M HP and your savage will avg 30k and with sword white damage being not that significant, you would need to make around 50-60 Savage Blades in 5min. That's one per 5-6 sec. All that while dealing with Target, turning/waiting during TP moves and getting hits by (short duration but still) amnesia. I would like to see you doing it in 5 minutes.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-06 04:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Samurai and Rune Fencer
9:43 / 10:45 / 7:35
What caused 3 minute variance with the exact same jobs and people?

Day of Week, Impact, Bio/Paralyze, Interference [Knockback/Dispel], [Target] taking longer than usual to switch hate.

All can be "managed" but last one since it really depends on the ability to grab hate...

If each target took 30 s longer to remove between same "setup runs" this adds extra 2 min easy...

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2018-08-06 05:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm really not sure what it has but I think a good weaponskill of 20-25k does around 1% of HP. As attack would be capped anyway you can use SAM and Tact rolls, along with the regain on Reikiko and other armor you can build TP well when turned also.
Yep, still not even close to doing savage every 5-6 sec imo with all that things I listed slowing you down. You can also add Interference dispel taking off some important buffs like rolls or songs (even with support being fast in rebuffing you) slowing you down even more.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Katriina
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-08-06 05:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

No. in that case in particular a single Chi Blast will make a huge impact.

TP feed depends on Delay/dAGI/WS.
Also GL swapping hate.

Taken from Rua's Video:

As far as HP goes [All based on observation and using AVGs for everything] so take these numbers with a grain of salt..unless someone is willing to add parse window!

AVG Ten: 25k
AVG RF: 20k
Total number of WS's= 20 Ten + 40 RF
AVG Hits DMG= 600 Katana, 1100 H2H

WS/Round = 2.5 for NIN and 3 for MNK
AVG Multi Attacks Proc = 5 hits/round in NIN, MNK

2.5 x 5 + 3 x 5= 12.5 NIN + 15 MNK
12.5 x 600 + 15 x 1100= 7500+16500= 24k
20 Ten x 25k + 7500 X19= 500000 + 142500= 642500
40 RF x 20k + 16500 x 39= 800000+ 543500=1443500
Total HP= 1507700 [+ or - 100k]~
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2018-08-06 06:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If I don't cure it too much on accident...

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2018-08-06 09:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That's quite amusing if you read the last 5-6 pages.

Using phrases like "on accident", "could care less" etc. suggests you don't think about what you are saying, you just repeat things you think sounds right without questioning if it makes sense.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-06 09:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
It's amazing seeing players who have a surface-level understanding of things rooted in complete bias stubbornly oppose any details disproving their beliefs of the job. It's as if no amount of proof or evidence would ever convince them otherwise. Truly lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-06 10:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kingkitt said: »
MNK Idle set which offers near cap pdt, capped mdt with shell, and a smidge of regen all while having 2700+ HP. Great for pulling fodder ***in Omen and about about anywhere else. And because obviously not everyone has Ashera, there are a lot of other options for pdt which will keep you in the ~2600 HP range such as Relic +3, Emet Harness +1, an augmented Herc body, or Ryou Domaru +1. And if you're not into the Regen pieces can swap into Kenda Pieces for more MEVA.

ItemSet 360422

The only thing with this set that kind of gets me is that Rao+1 pieces have no real practical MNK-idle/tanking paths. If you're adding them strictly for regen, then for pulling, that 7~ regen is probably not that useful, unless you're planning on adding that to Invigorate merits. Even still, you would probably be better off tacking on huge HP+ pieces (Genmei's Kabuto/Regal Cpt. Gloves, Hesychast's feet). The 300~ HP from those slots would dwarf Regen+7 pieces by far, and you could drop Ashera for Hesychast's Cyclas+3 for just about the same regen (5) and it would cap your DT as well.

For pulling, don't forget MNK can get away with using Hippo socks+1 for flee, since they are stuck at 12% otherwise. And we don't talk enough about the evasion kendatsuba+1 set adds. For MNK with Dodge, it's definitely worth considering to escape a few attacks.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-06 10:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Is there any reason why you need PLD or RUN to pull mobs?
I'd like to see a MNK pull an entire floor, yes. Or a NIN.

Remember, 18/25% PDT II, Phalanx, 100 HP recovered per parry, Sentinel etc are all irrelevant , yes. MNK is now even as defensive as RUN!

RUN and PLD taking less damage than MNK does not mean they are necessary to pull mobs. I've pulled entire floors on MNK and cleaved them plenty of times. Your healer can toss out a Cure if things get dicey while you're pulling.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-08-06 10:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to back read the guide but I did the calculations on my spreadsheet and there is a 34.25% chance the arguments presented. Added nothing of value.

Also all monk really needs is a super fun amazing Black Belt. Maybe 100% haste critical hit/dmg 100% WS DMG. Monk great again.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-06 10:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Along that line of thought, don't forget about Mantra. You can build a set for it that gives you almost +1600HP during use and +30% HP upon activation. Though you lose a bit of HP during the gear-swap back to PDT set, you still raise the base HP rate higher for Mantra to give you a higher return. Of course, you could just pull in your max/HP set and then change to your DT set when enough HP is lost between the difference of your mantra set and DT pulling set.

ItemSet 360438
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-08-06 10:45:18
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I was going to back read

start here
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-06 11:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The point was regarding the speed of "kill all" floors (in regards to overall zone completion speed) where RUN can pull all mobs with ease and shockwave. No sleeps or heals needed. It might be possible for 50% DT DDs to pull an entire floor (1 & 2) but I have not seen it done myself. I never said that it was not possible, I am very interested in seeing it done.
The only reference I have is messing about using Fell Cleave on WAR (immediately swapping into 50% DT) and even 8-10 mobs can be risky, let alone 20 with 2 Trans included. I would like to see a MNK pull all mobs and cleave them down, with BRD sleep/s if necessary. Although, again not to trigger Thorny into another rant about "straw men", I rarely have the pleasure of having a BRD personally. I just made 2 HM BRDs so that I will have more access to BRD for Omen etc though.

Pulling an entire floor on any job with 50% DT is trivially easy. PLD or RUN are not necessary.

How useful is Shockwave sleep when the mobs literally all die in one WS? You've focused so much on something you were wrong about and admittedly had no experience with that it's only served to take away credibility from the rest of the points you've been trying to make.

Thank you Rua for actually going out and testing something instead of just shitposting on the forums. There's still a lot of anti Monk sentiment here. I'd recommend you all just accept that you were wrong about how useful Subtle Blow II and Penance are and move on with your lives.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-06 11:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Snaps can you post your Cataclysm set for us please? Also, Gozuki or Exalted +1? I feel meh dropping cash on that staff; thought it's probably amazing for it.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-06 11:58:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Thank you Rua for actually going out and testing something instead of just shitposting on the forums. There's still a lot of anti Monk sentiment here. I'd recommend you all just accept that you were wrong about how useful Subtle Blow II and Penance are and move on with your lives.

This argument wasn't even anti MNK. It's basically one guy who made a random comment/personal opinion in subtle blow discussion about how mnk wouldn't become meta.

I agreed his opinion right on the very first post.

Afania said: »
Obviously anyone can tell MNK isn't getting SMN level of bandwagon.......MNK is just another DD that serves exact same purpose as drg dnc drk etc, unlike SMN uses entirely different setup and strategy.

But friendly reminded him that meta isn't relevant to the discussion because it was about subtle blow. And he is making a statement that everyone already know, and agreed with.

Then he gone mad and proceed to attack everyone and fighting to prove he is right to save face. His statement went from "mnk aren't going to be a thing" to "I support mnk" to "mnk can't pull". After 7 pages he still repeats the same "mnk isn't becoming meta" from fist page. Then he continue to post things just for the sake of posting, and attacks everyone for not having a life if they dare to remind him that his post isn't making any sense.

Can mod look into this? This is bad for the discussion if one person continue to get off topic then personal attack anyone who reminds him for being off topic.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 209 210 211 ... 363 364 365