Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-05 17:57:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I also want to point out that with the 25~ second TP time using 3 MNKs as dps, you could potentially have a single SMN lock all TP with mewing lullaby. I may try that next time I want to waste a dyna timer.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-05 17:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
You seem to mistakenly believe my posts were randomly written for no reason. You

I did not say you randomly write things out of nowhere either.....buukki asked a question, you answered and referenced your preference. I said you are talking about personal preference in ffxi, that's it. It doesn't go anything beyond that.

I didn't accuse you for randomly write things.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 18:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
You seem to mistakenly believe my posts were randomly written for no reason. You

I did not say you randomly write things out of nowhere either.....buukki asked a question, you answered and referenced your preference. I said you are talking about personal preference in ffxi, that's it. It doesn't go anything beyond that.

I didn't accuse you for randomly write things.
So me replying to a question asked personally of me offended you, why?

Nope, it didn't offend me.......do I seriously sound mad? I was typing all these perfectly calm.

Let me make this very clear.

When the video was out, you made an opinion about community isn't changing. Right or wrong, Its opinion at best, no one can really say for sure what people will prefer.

Buuki and Comeatmebro read it as you being stubborn anti mnk. Thus there were 5 pages of argument. Because you didn't make your pro mnk statement clear enough from the start.

I had nothing to do with this, only jump in to point out you are not being very clear about your intention and your points are largely irrelevant to what was being discussed.

Can you talk about your opinions about how community wouldn't change? Sure. Can you talk about you have WAR and SAM to get the job done thus you don't have to gear mnk for kin? Sure. But none of this is relevant to the discussion and more importantly, you present it in a way that it sounds like you are anti mnk to Buukki and Comeatmebro.

So they attacked you, and you fought back. And I jump in to make a few comment about dyna jobs and you are missing the point so you can see what's really going on.

And now I'm "offended" and attacking you in your eyes for pointing out why discussion turn into pointless arguments, ok.

If you are mad because people are here arguing, you aimed at the wrong person. It was Comeatmebro tossing personal attacks, not I. More like the other way around when you said I'm sucking his *** and attacking you.
By Ruaumoko 2018-08-05 18:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2018-08-05 19:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, this is more or less the same conclusion I came to 13 months ago:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36705/iipunch-monk-guide/127/#3273315

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36705/iipunch-monk-guide/127/#3272054

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36705/iipunch-monk-guide/155/#3280164

I think there was a more explicit discussion of it at some point, perhaps 7 months ago, about whether Gin or Kin has innate regain and whether MNK matters at all. idk the specifics but I think it was between Saevel and Thorny.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 19:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
When the video was out, you made an opinion about community isn't changing. Right or wrong, Its opinion at best, no one can really say for sure what people will prefer.
Nope.

Let me reiterate once again, and even your hero Thorny has said the exact same thing a few posts ago: This has all been discussed before. Thorny even said himself it was "8 months ago".

Do you see people using NIN and MNK for Kin? Do you see pick up groups shouting for NIN and MNK? No, I thought not. On what basis do you think this is about to change? (Please answer this point)

To base my belief on the factual reality of the last year is not a baseless opinion. It is informed by reality. Like I said previously, let's wait and see. I even offered the only MNK posting here on my server to show me and he backed down.

I didn't say your opinion about PUG's preferred DD is wrong in anyway, I only said it's your opinion and its not relevant to the discussion. It's like saying "I like cars" in the middle of "which fruit do you like" discussion.

can you stop derailing the thread just to attack people? thanks.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 19:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not interested in doing what you said because you said so.

Block me if you want, but i'm not blocking anyone, don't tell me what I do with my account.

And yeah I'm the person derailling the thread, ok. Kettle....black...
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-05 20:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Stepped out of town for a few days. What to heck.

For those saying MNK can't cleave, if you look back there's some screenshots of 27k? Cataclysm on Omen mobs. It can cleave just fine.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Snaps
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-05 20:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any reason why you need PLD or RUN to pull mobs?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 20:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Given the fact that MNK gains access to some pretty amazing Damage Mitigation gear, along with Chakra (a full heal), they would have no issue going to almost zero HP, and getting a full heal from JA on a pull, if expecting a sleep shortly afterwards. RUN is not much sturdier defensively vs a MNK, the difference being in their ability to parry and large idle regen sets to cut the difference, along with phalanx/ss/blink.
By Afania 2018-08-05 21:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
better make a video of it just in case.

And better to be prepared for another 5 pages of irrelevant/missing the point comment like "But I already have WAR for cleave, why do I need to gear MNK" or "it's not gonna change what people shout for" after the video is done.

Post deleted by User.
By Nariont 2018-08-05 21:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasnt aware all that was necessary to pull trash in omen
[+]

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-08-05 21:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Block each other or take the arguing to PM.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 21:59:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The absurd leaps in logic this guy makes is baffling. Somehow "pulling trash fodder" in omen turns into "monk fan boys are pretending dt2 doesn't help". You see why I stopped replying to him?
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-05 22:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The absurd leaps in logic this guy makes is baffling.

+100.

Worse yet, got mad when others said "what you said here is not what we meant" nicely, then proceed with every forms of personal attack.

I almost feel guilty to reply people with zero idea what's going on like they're on med.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-08-05 23:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

RUN is not much sturdier defensively vs a MNK, the difference being in their ability to parry and large idle regen sets to cut the difference, along with phalanx/ss/blink.

Please don't weaken your arguments with this kind of silly exaggeration, that only hurts your credibility (and encourages some of the replies you're seeing that move away from truly relevant points). You make some reasonable points and I always respect your input even when I don't necessarily agree with all of it; I generally think of you as someone who is usually a pretty reasonable person. I really don't want to have to willfully ignore complete nonsense like "RUN is not much sturdier".

I'm not going to say that MNK can't turtle up enough to pull some Omen trash mobs, if you feel like doing that non-essential thing. But come on... RUN is working with a LOT more advantages than some parry and idle regen. Even excluding the ~140mil Ergon weapon that most serious endgame tanking RUNs
prob have
, you're discounting Battuta/Inquartata, insane elemental resistance and Valliance/Vallation, Foil, One For All/Liement, Pflug, a ton of Meva, Cocoon in the standard /BLU tanking sub...

What does it take to "gear Monk"? You mean su3 equipment and a rema?

To try to jump on a more... productive? tangent:

This is actually one of the good things about MNK, it's one of the easier jobs to gear to a respectable endgame level, especially if you already have other jobs that use light DD & 'martial artist' gear sets. MNK reforged AF/Relic sets aren't really vital/must-have stuff (a few nice pieces, but nothing super essential), and most of the other gear is useful for other jobs. HQ gear is obviously better, but NQ stuff (Su3, abjuration, Moon- accessories) is fine.

You'd generally want:
- Adhemar head/hands, useful for a ton of light DDs (alternative: Kendatsuba)
- Kendatsuba body/legs/feet, also useful for people who use SAM or NIN (also viable: herc body/feet, Samnuha Tights)
- A bunch of multi-job accessories. Most people with DD jobs probably have most/all of the relevant stuff like Sherida/Brutal/Cessance, DD rings, etc. Maybe Moonbeam/Moonlight neck and Moonbow Belt are more uncommon since they're used for less jobs.

So, the MNK exclusive stuff really comes down to:
(1) getting either (a) a Relic/Empy/Aeonic weapon, or (b) one of the other weapons that are more or less on the lower end of the "RMEA-tier" (Comeuppances, Jolt Counters) which are still plenty viable for the kinds of things you prob wanna use MNK for. Since focusing completely on DPS isn't quite as huge of a consideration in cases where you be more likely to want to use MNKs (that's kind of the whole point of preferring use of MNKs), it's really not as significant as it is on most DDs to to lose a little DPS from using a weapon somewhat below the absolute top tier.

(2) maybe picking up a couple of accessories you may not have had on other jobs - Moonbeam Neck and Moonbow Belt, perhaps.

(3) an Ambuscade cape or two.

From the perspective of "hey I guess we can try some stuff with MNKs", I'll admit that the barrier to entry is a lot lower than most jobs for people to gear up and use a lot of their existing equipment. Getting JP/gifts is the biggest slog, really.

Now, I *still* have yet to see much of a compelling argument that RNGs aren't generally a better choice than MNKs if you're strongly considering using "safer" DDs. But hey, if people want to use MNKs for that kind of setup I guess it works. At a minimum, I guess I'd agree that RNG is harder to gear to endgame levels, with expensive RMEA making a bigger difference and a lot more niche gear needed (reforged relic hat/body/legs, AF head/body, ranged only accessories, WSD/MAB pieces that are generally not used for much more than RNG COR, etc.)
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 23:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm not going to say that MNK can't turtle up enough to pull some Omen trash mobs, if you feel like doing that non-essential thing. But come on... RUN is working with a LOT more advantages than some parry and idle regen. Even excluding the ~140mil Ergon weapon that most serious endgame tanking RUNs
prob have, you're discounting Battuta/Inquartata, insane elemental resistance and Valliance/Vallation, Foil, One For All/Liement, Pflug, a ton of Meva, Cocoon in the standard /BLU tanking sub...

What are you talking about? From a physical perspective, pulling fodder, none of the bolded is relevent. We're talking about pulling 127~ level monsters. Don't read too much into the comparison and dismissing the context here. A monk using Su3 and full DT set is just fine, comparable to a lazy RUN in their tank/pulling gear. I didn't compare the two in their ability to negate damage of all forms, was strictly speaking about the pulling aspect, since that other guy was claiming that MNK pulling was somehow gimped in some way. I'm not discounting any of what run can do to TANK. I know very well. But we're talking about pulling a few shitty monsters and aoe them down, which was that guy's original argument. No need to psycho-analyze into a rant.
By Afania 2018-08-05 23:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Please don't weaken your arguments with this kind of silly exaggeration, that only hurts your credibility (and encourages some of the replies you're seeing that move away from truly relevant points). You make some reasonable points and I always respect your input even when I don't necessarily agree with all of it; I generally think of you as someone who is usually a pretty reasonable person. I really don't want to have to willfully ignore complete nonsense like "RUN is not much sturdier".

Did you read past 7 pages of ***fest to know what Buukki is talking about though?

The context of this discussion is someone claiming a setup of NIN + MNK is not ideal for omen because it's going to be slow on fodder floor, because RUN is sturdier to pull on fodder floor.

I've pulled on aettir RUN before, the difference between a 50% DT DD and 55% DT RUN is small enough. When you are pulling, you are not parrying. So the argument of parry is invalid unless you pull then engage in the corner.

/BLU is also irrelevant since it's not a popular SJ in omen. I exclusively use DD SJ on RUN in omen, because /BLU isn't required.

I usually save battuta for mid boss, so I can DPS vomit on mid boss, so battuta makes no difference on fodder floors.

It's a lot safer to pull with an epeo RUN, obviously. But since the context of this entire argument is someone claming gearing MNK cost 200m gil and not worth it for omen, I don't think it's fair to compare an epeo RUN with a 50% DT MNK or NIN.

Just FYI, I didn't fangirl MNK, nor I have unrealstic illusion about a 50% DT DD's ability to pull fodders. I just think it's ridiculous to focus on fodder floor pulling ability as main argument, considering 90% of fodder floor speed is your proc speed and not even actual kill speed. Even if you don't proc it's mostly about cleaving speed anyways, ability to pull fodder rarely affect anything.

indi barrier, run in, curebomb the NIN, MNK aoe cleave, is it THAT hard?

Now, I *still* have yet to see much of a compelling argument that RNGs aren't generally a better choice than MNKs if you're strongly considering using "safer" DDs. But hey, if people want to use MNKs for that kind of setup I guess it works.

The universally best setup for Omen/endgame content wasn't what was being discussed. Since appearantly you missed the show I'll rephrase exactly what happened in past 7 pages of ***posts.

1) Someone posted a video comparing MNK+NIN and RUN+SAM kill time on Kin to show how Subtle blow has meaningful impact on actual kill speed against an NM with special mechanics.

2) Someone intrepret the result as MNK fanboys and fangirls advocating MNK as best DD in omen.

3) 7 pages of ***fest.

the argument of none RUN DD's pulling ability on fodder is just byproduct of this ***fest. It's not even the main point of the video nor arguments.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-08-06 00:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

nice goalposts
First Page 2 3 ... 208 209 210 ... 363 364 365