First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 363 364 365
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-05 13:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
That does ignore the fact that many people are automating/2boxing the WHM and BRD these days. You yourself do this but this is a side note and it is unnecessary to derail on this point.
You yourself say it is unnecessary to derail, so why mention it? Add some more filler to convince yourself you have a point to make..? MNK is more than capable of AOEing, period.

What is the purpose of conclusion to be drawn from undertaking this out of context study and producing the video then? I don't disagree that it might be the best choice for Kin (again, few people have MNK or NIN geared as a priority anymore anyway) but if it changes nothing, who cares?
There's been countless argument about the difference in TP. Simply watching these videos illustrates MNK's largest selling point; drastic reduction in enemy TP moves. Nobody cares about Kin so much as having a visual reference. Saevel was trying to say there was no meaningful difference in TP, but this is clearly not the case.

Everyone who plays MNK with any frequency already knew this, but this gives us a reference point for it that's easily digestable to people who are blinded by numbers.

DirectX said:
It is sad to see you resort to infantile and pathetic, irrelevant attacks and silly little meme pictures. You've gotta be in your 30s, how embarrassing.
You only came into this thread to shoot down other people's enjoyment about something they like using straw-men and horrible excuse for logic. You've racked up almost 1000 posts in under a year without providing any information or helping any other user in any way. Your entire presence here is a waste of space, so I'm not sure you have as much of a high horse here as you seem to think.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-05 13:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
You've racked up almost 1000 posts in under a year without providing any information or helping any other user in any way.

Even Eiryl has more contribution than this.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Vishwambhari 2018-08-05 13:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm loving the shitstorm
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-05 13:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

And we fall back to the typical Saevel strategy of 'flood so much crap nobody can dedicate the time to read and respond to all of it', now with assistance from DirectX and 800% more memes.

Shame.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 14:01:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously anyone can tell MNK isn't getting SMN level of bandwagon.......MNK is just another DD that serves exact same purpose as drg dnc drk etc, unlike SMN uses entirely different setup and strategy.

But if you assume no one will be interested in giving MNK a try after they see the video, you are making a very big assumption in a big community with wide variety of players.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-08-05 14:06:01
Link | Quote | Reply

This just in: MNK stands for Memes, Not Knucks
[+]
 Odin.Horu
Server: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-08-05 14:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I am curious, ruaumoko mentions 11 monster tp moves for monk-nin and 29 for sam-run, considering 4 of each of those moves for both teams is "Target" which is mandatory TP moves which will go off with or without tp (which is shown at 4:15 - 4:30seconds into the video where kin throws a TP, and the extended time was only because of a spell that came between the 2 tp moves)

In essence, it should be closer to 25-27 for sam-run and 7-9 tp moves for monk-nin depending on if "target" resets the tp feed. which means the tp feed could be alot more less,

while the question i am about to ask is a little pointless since subtle blow II gear has amazing stats so don't always gotta switch it out,I bring a question I put forth before, does monk's "Job Point" subtle blow actually break the subtle blow cap in which case using full subtle blow II equip could be 5% over cap if its capped like attack speed at 80%? or perhap does subtle blow II actually work more like penance tp reduction thus going over any said cap?
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-08-05 14:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I expect most people here, including trolls, to know better than to post certain things and at this point, it just looks like someone was pushing for a ban.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-05 14:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

who gives a ***if you can kill Kin 3 mins faster
yet, this is the argument for any anti-monk post. how ironic.
[+]
 Odin.Horu
Server: Odin
user: stratusx
By Odin.Horu 2018-08-05 14:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I expect most people here, including trolls, to know better than to post certain things and at this point, it just looks like someone was pushing for a ban.
I'm a little worried since it falls right below my last post. I haven't ment any offence and i will delete my post if needed

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-05 14:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
On what basis are you getting that I am "anti-MNK"? Stating the fact that this video is not going to change how people do Kin on any noticeable, let alone significant, level does not mean that I dislike MNK.

If you want to claim that this is going to change anything then you need to question why it hasn't since the last time the exact same points were raised. Over 6 months ago.
you're saying nobody gives a ***about kill speed, but that's the biggest argument for not using MNK. If you're not concerned about kill speed, why wouldn't you use a safer strategy?

And I don't expect it to change much, I just think you're *** annoying.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-08-05 14:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Horu said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
I'm a little worried since it falls right below my last post. I haven't ment any offence and i will delete my post if needed
It wasn't you.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 14:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Very possible you have a reading comprehension disorder. He never said you, just anti mnk in general. You're personalizing way too much
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-05 14:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On what basis are you getting that I am "anti-MNK"? Stating the fact that this video is not going to change how people do Kin on any noticeable, let alone significant, level does not mean that I dislike MNK.

If you want to claim that this is going to change anything then you need to question why it hasn't since the last time the exact same points were raised. Over 6 months ago.
you're saying nobody gives a ***about kill speed, but that's the biggest argument for not using MNK. If you're not concerned about kill speed, why wouldn't you use a safer strategy?

And I don't expect it to change much, I just think you're *** annoying.

This, the biggest contribution of the video is to show that theoretical max dps ceiling doesn't mean ***when mechanics could change DD hierarchy completely. The worst is now best because of NM design,

People making an argument of "but it's just one nm" "this design favors mnk, not fair" or "nobody will bandwagon it" is missing the point.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 14:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean you don't realize the entire discussion and argument as to why people don't include Monk stems from 1) not enough WS dps resulting in 2) slower content clears?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-08-05 14:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

you literally said nobody gives a ***about killing faster when that’s the biggest advantage to not using monk.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-05 14:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Very possible you have a reading comprehension disorder. He never said you, just anti mnk in general. You're personalizing way too much
Where were these claims made? That MNK is not used due to kill speed.

That's literally the entirety of the "lolmnk" and "can't use monk" sentiment.

*edit, wow, lol, beat TWICE. in 20 seconds.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 14:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to humor you.... What reasons would you not bring a Monk to a fight, if kill speed is not the issue.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 205 206 207 ... 363 364 365