First Page 2 3 ... 207 208 209 ... 363 364 365

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 16:23:21
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't. He claims to not know the discussion is about kill speed and "MNK dps is trash" (which is a kill speed issue), but a quick glance at the last few pages, and this is literally the exchange on nearly every other MNK post:

FichesAquarium said: »
Ignoring the fact that monk's damage is awfu
Asura.Saevel said: »
MNK has a very low damage ceiling
FichesAquarium said: »
monk is just unable to perform at a level it needs to. It's not a case of other's being buffed too high because literally every DD outperforms Monk in every field. There is no practical reason to bring monk to any content other than you want to.
Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I would say that kin is one fight where MNK is the superior DD. Back to back weapon skills slows down the fight.
Ruaumoko said: »
NIN and MNK have resulted in easily the fastest, easiest and safest Kin and Kyou runs I've done for some time.

I wholly endorse it.

Keen to try it on other content.
Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
i used 2 mnk for a couple wave2 bosses for the hell of it, and found the fights to be incredibly easy that way(25-30 seconds between tp moves.. nothing one shots back line so it gave a ridiculous amount of time to heal them back up and was never in any danger)

not saying it's the best way to do wave2 bosses, especially with wave3 having such a harsh dps check, but for a group struggling they really do have value

continue with the max damage mnk will never have any value gtfo circle jerk, tho
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
And those other jobs have better damage potential, so in addition to being sufficiently easy thanks to use of Subtle Blow, the fight takes less time.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
What needs to happen is videos.

3 Minute "omen boss" with Sam as only DD

5 Minute same boss with 2 mnks

Count tp moves. see if it ends up exactly the same because less tp feed but more time.

It's amazing seeing players who have a surface-level understanding of things rooted in complete bias stubbornly oppose any details disproving their beliefs of the job. It's as if no amount of proof or evidence would ever convince them otherwise. Truly lol
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-05 16:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
"Monk is ***."
"It can't do anything any other jobs can do better."
"It slows down the fights."
"The only reason to bring a monk is because you want to."

"Hey, here's a fight Monk can do better, with faster times!"

"Yeah, but it's only 3 minutes. Who cares? You still have 30+ left over, this changes nothing"

This is real summeraize of this pointless discussion:
Ruau: Here is the video of MNK NIN killing faster than RUN SAM.

DirectX: But it's not changing anything. I'm not going to spend 200m on HQ and aeonics to gear MNK.

DirectX: Nobody give a damn about MNK killing faster, it's just 3 min. And Kin is easy anyways.

DirectX: I like SAM WAR.

DirectX: I don't dislike MNK.

Thanks for writing 5 pages of posts talking about your personal life in FFXI, and stating the obvious that everyone already know.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 16:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Literally all you do is stalk Thorny on FFXIAH and sit on his ***, +1ing him and attacking anyone he disagrees with. The irony here is absolutely astounding.

Me? Or buukki?

I agree with him often, but not every single time. We had disagreement on RUN and epeo just quite recently.

I agree with him most of the time because our thought process are similar, (besides the situations that we both go personal/emotional), nothing more and nothing less. To me it's always about the content of the post, not the people who wrote it.

I don't suck *** in FFXI(more like the otherway around considering how frenquent I keep myself away from people), though I do appreciate insightful comment from people regardless of who they are. if you think I sit on his *** then you don't know me well enough.

You said you are just replying people, but maybe you need to cool down and take a look at what you wrote. You already stated your opinion about how you feel about DDs. Then it's done already.

But everytime you reply you create more holes in your posts, that's how people keep replying more.

and no, nobody is aiming at you, nor care. It's all about the content of the post.

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-08-05 16:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Go think about what you spend your life doing.
May want to take some of your own advice, dude.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 16:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

People like you and Bukkii say a person doesn't contribute or shitposts

Comeatmebro said that, though. You are just mad.

Saying someone isn't posting useful info isn't personal attack.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-05 17:01:17
Link | Quote | Reply

rather than block them and go spend your life constructively you spend it quoting every post the person makes
i'm not going to go back and check, but i'm going to guess you've got twice as many keystrokes into this argument as the next closest person(besides maybe saevel)

while we're talking irony
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-05 17:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I get topic banned for an on topic picture, but this ***is allowed to go on and on and on and on.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 17:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Thanks for writing 5 pages of posts talking about your personal life in FFXI, and stating the obvious that everyone already know.
>> Says I only state the obvious that everyone knows
>> Says they never said that I don't contribute

I make the statement exactly the same as they are written. You talked about personal preference aka you like SAM and WAR, you said people will not bandwagon mnk. I just rephrase it as it is, and stated that everyone already know that.

YOU are the one who gave extra layer of meaning in my words and read them as personal attack, not I.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-05 17:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't block anyone, on any form of media. I see it as some sensitive snowflake ***, akin to a trigger warning or whatever.

I saw that the first time and debated making a snappy comment at the absurdity of it, but the truth is that whether or not I'm correct on MNK, there's not a single person reading this garbage that would believe you have a noteworthy level of intelligence.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-05 17:15:25
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are misconstrued, it's because you are doing a very poor job of conveying your point(s). It is a jumbled mess of thoughts and run-ons.

You are still missing the point by fixating on Kin and 3 minutes instead of the connotations.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 17:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

No Afania, you are misconstruing everything I have written. I have never said "I prefer SAM and WAR to MNK". I clearly stated that I, personally, play WAR and SAM any time I,

Yeah, you said you have war and Sam geared and tend to play one or another. This is what you wrote.

Also because I have an almost 100% geared WAR and SAM (on different chars) and I tend to play one or the other

So what's so personal attack about saying you prefer Sam and war because you have them?

I mean, why are you even offended because someone made that statement? If you have certain job geared, of course you prefer that job, or would you prefer a naked ungear job more?

And now I'm personal attacking you for saying you prefer a job you have geared for. Wtf.

There is also no proof that using MNKs would make the overall run faster, if you care about speed. I do not, personally.

That wasnt the point of discussion. This isnt omen thread. The point of entire discussion is how theoretical dps ceiling has no real impact in game because of design. Not best setup for omen runs.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 17:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are misconstrued, it's because you are doing a very poor job of conveying your point(s). It is a jumbled mess of thoughts and run-ons.

You are still missing the point by fixating on Kin and 3 minutes instead of the connotations.

He wasn't getting the main point to begin with, and accuse anyone who try to direct the discussion to the right direction as personal attack.

Post deleted by User.
By Afania 2018-08-05 17:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

None of this is saying "WAR AND SAM ARE BETTER FOR KIN". You read way too much into this.

I didn't say that.

I said this:
DirectX: I like SAM WAR.

And this:
Thanks for writing 5 pages of posts talking about your personal life in FFXI,

I said you like Sam and war because you have the gears for them, and you spent 5 pages talking about what your like. That's all I said.

And now I'm personal attacking you and twisting your words Into " war and Sam is better for kin"? Where did that came from.

If you like orange, and tell everyone how you like orange, will you be mad if someone said you like orange? Why are you even offended when people said you like something?

You definately mistake me as someone else that you argue with. The person who attack you is someone else, not me.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 17:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit back on topic: so at what point does MNK's Subtle Blow/Penance trick start producing diminishing returns to the point where the tp feed between a subtle blow setup and a non-subtle setup is too close to matter? What's the magic number of dps, 3?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-05 17:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A bit back on topic: so at what point does MNK's Subtle Blow/Penance trick start producing diminishing returns to the point where the tp feed between a subtle blow setup and a non-subtle setup is too close to matter? What's the magic number of dps, 3?

That's where I would say it loses all effect. But without hard proof of concept. Unless said 3rd/4th dds were also specifically geared to cap their subtle blow too.

For instance, in the example, if the cor (in standard tp set) also meleed, it probably would've nearly negated all subtle blow.
By Afania 2018-08-05 17:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing you are saying makes much sense, nor is it relevant to or contributing to the discussion.

No, it is not. I'm just replying you because you don't seem to get what's going on and accuse anyone replying you as jerks personal attacking you, I'm just making it clear that we are not attacking you.

you have ranted at me for a dozen posts because I said that I personally play SAM and WAR.

That's not ranting though.

Where are you going with your arguments?

I'm not even arguing. At first I made the conclusion of "theoretical dps doesnt always equal to real kill speed" based on info from the video.

Then when direction turn into you v.s everyone else I made a note that you are posting personal preference on forums.

I made a few note about dyna popular jobs when you mention dyna, that's it.

I'm not attacking you, nor trying to prove that you are wrong, and I don't get why are you offended.

No idea what else you are even ranting about. If I contribute nothing of value to you, please don't reply to me. There are dozens of posters whose posts I do not value on this forum and I do not spend my life replying to them to tell them that I do not value their posts. Why other people do this is beyond me.

Yeah sure, your choice. Others may choose differently. I personally never blist anyone on forums, and just address and face whatever issue that pops. You are different, that doesn't mean I have to do the same as you.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-05 17:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

With all MNKs, even 4 of them will have a measurable decrease in TP usage. Otherwise, 2 MNKs and one other 50SB DPS should still have a measurable decrease. Anything past that and TP frequency should be approaching maximum.

Note that another thing not mentioned frequently enough is the monster's actual TP value. Even if the monster is TPing every 10-11 seconds, the subtle blow setup will be eating 1000-1200TP while the other setup will be frequently eating higher values. We don't know how mob FTP scales on their bigger weaponskills, but I would not be surprised if that caused a notable reduction in WS strength.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-08-05 17:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't know how mob FTP scales on their bigger weaponskills, but I would not be surprised if that caused a notable reduction in WS strength.

This goes back to the "safer" method argument, where more time between tp moves gives larger reaction window, easier for mages, etc
First Page 2 3 ... 207 208 209 ... 363 364 365