First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 19:16:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
I have full merited thf. but that was for a while ago.

in any event, the significant eva minus doesn't last the whole time. so you're only getting a large benefit like the first 15 seconds.
Yeah it decays rapidly.

Also homan isn't that hard to get. Much easier than +2 items and such and less time involved. 3/4 appolyon zones were solo'd with skill and sometimes luck at 75. Pretty sure blu can solo the 4th now. Omega can be trio'd maybe duo'd now. Wasn't too hard with 5 at 75
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-04-16 19:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
I'm a little curious now, what kind of dmg are you people doing when you're stacking SA or TA w/ evis?

I do anywhere from 2400-3700 w/ just evis, and this will be an eyeball comment but I don't really see a huge jump when i SA+Evis.

Edit: high evis alone was 5121.
SA won't add too much to evis unfortunately, because it is a Multi-Hit WS.
Thus only guaranteeing 1 of 5 hits to be critical.
It more beneficial to use them separately, especially if you max out a build for SA only.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 19:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

With a decent build SA could add a good 1k+ dmg not counting the maybe giving you an extra crit on the ws... basically about whatever you doing on solo SA.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 21:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
I have full merited thf. but that was for a while ago.

in any event, the significant eva minus doesn't last the whole time. so you're only getting a large benefit like the first 15 seconds.
Yeah it decays rapidly.

Also homan isn't that hard to get. Much easier than +2 items and such and less time involved. 3/4 appolyon zones were solo'd with skill and sometimes luck at 75. Pretty sure blu can solo the 4th now. Omega can be trio'd maybe duo'd now. Wasn't too hard with 5 at 75

Well, it's not hard to get, but it takes significantly less time to get +2 items.. Homam is a minimum of 15 days per omega, if you don't get a chip from him.

+2s, depending on the mob, can be completed in as little as 15 minutes after farming pops (assuming you have the +1 already)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 21:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Well, it's not hard to get, but it takes significantly less time to get +2 items.. Homam is a minimum of 15 days per omega, if you don't get a chip from him.

+2s, depending on the mob, can be completed in as little as 15 minutes after farming pops (assuming you have the +1 already)
The way you state it is kinda false. You count farm time into omega but not into +2 stuff. And completely ignore the +1 time as well.

And time it takes to get something is not how long it takes to get if you get what I mean. While you were waiting on soap you could be getting +2s for other jobs. If you factor in the actual amount of manhours of actual play time it takes to get I bet omega takes less now.

You are also assuming the omega farmer is farming all those zones solo AND that omega doesn't drop any chips. Assuming you could even do it the time required to farm up popsets for +2 stuff would suck.

And to actually kill most those NMs fast enough with enough procs and TH to ensure you get a +2 made in that 15 min you could've sent 2 groups to kill 2 omegas in at 10-15 min each. Though really you'll want to stall to get more pods for chips.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 21:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

The way you state it is kinda false. You count farm time into omega but not into +2 stuff. And completely ignore the +1 time as well.

And time it takes to get something is not how long it takes to get if you get what I mean. While you were waiting on soap you could be getting +2s for other jobs. If you factor in the actual amount of manhours of actual play time it takes to get I bet omega takes less now.

You are also assuming the omega farmer is farming all those zones solo AND that omega doesn't drop any chips. Assuming you could even do it the time required to farm up popsets for +2 stuff would suck.

You do have a point. I assumed you were speaking in terms of speed to obtain. Though I will say, having just finished my omega set, I was kind of annoyed by the amount of time it took, even with 2-6 people each zone. That being said, I did completely ignore +1s aswell. My THF feet took 2 hours to +2, but 14 to +1 (Fuuu Iktomi).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 22:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
You do have a point. I assumed you were speaking in terms of speed to obtain. Though I will say, having just finished my omega set, I was kind of annoyed by the amount of time it took, even with 2-6 people each zone.
Sounds like you guys aren't that experienced with it. At 75 my ls used to:

NW- 3 people 1-1.5 hours
SW- 2-3 people <30 min
SE- 3-4 people. 30-60 min
NE- 3-4 people. 1-1.5 hours
Omega- 5-8 people. 10-30 min. Actually would take longer with more because we'd feel safer about farming gunpods

If we had extras we'd send them to NE or NW since those took the longest and best on coins too. Especially NW. Tried to keep SE at 4 people.

Can just imagine how much faster it is at 90 and how much less people it would take. I'm fairly confident I could solo every zone. Hell I can solo T1 temenos zones and those are so much more random with TE and more floors garunteed links etc

Which reminds me I actually might have to since I have more jobs that are 75+ now... might need some af+1 lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 22:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
That being said, I did completely ignore +1s aswell. My THF feet took 2 hours to +2, but 14 to +1 (Fuuu Iktomi).
You should've seen my rng feet. I get 7/8 seals rather quick since had a pt with full grellow procs. 15 grellowed kills later and still not another one. In that time a good 40-50 other seals dropped... my ls started to hate me at that point but everyone had bst feet seals ^^
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-16 22:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My group would duo all but the zone w/ the peryton SE i believe?
Pretty easy efficient takes only 2 days if you only have 8 ppl.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 22:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
My group would duo all but the zone w/ the peryton SE i believe? Pretty easy efficient takes only 2 days if you only have 8 ppl.
The big birds were NE. But yeah only thing about that zone that was lame was the gigas. Since we generally manaburned and getting the magic immune one made things take a bit longer lol. In fact for awhile we just did a lame melee setup with more people until I convince them we could anyways and ended up being faster even with less people even if we got lame gigas.
 Ragnarok.Gunit
Server: Ragnarok
user: Gunit
By Ragnarok.Gunit 2011-04-16 23:00:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
You do have a point. I assumed you were speaking in terms of speed to obtain. Though I will say, having just finished my omega set, I was kind of annoyed by the amount of time it took, even with 2-6 people each zone.

NW- 3 people 1-1.5 hours
SW- 2-3 people <30 min
Omega- 5-8 people. 10-30 min. Actually would take longer with more because we'd feel safer about farming gunpods

If we had extras we'd send them to NE or NW since those took the longest and best on coins too. Especially NW. Tried to keep SE at 4 people.

Can just imagine how much faster it is at 90 and how much less people it would take. I'm fairly confident I could solo every zone. Hell I can solo T1 temenos zones and those are so much more random with TE and more floors garunteed links etc

Which reminds me I actually might have to since I have more jobs that are 75+ now... might need some af+1 lol
Can do Omega with 3-4 easy btw.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 23:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Oh yeah my numbers were for lvl 75. Now I'm pretty sure you can duo it. Heck I wouldn't doubt it if someone ended up soloing it. Gogo almace/ochain pld?
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 23:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Gunit said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:

NW- 3 people 1-1.5 hours
SW- 2-3 people <30 min

Never said the runs themselves took long. The longest was 45min (NE apollyon, and that was because my WHM afk'd).

Just saying it feels like it takes longer because of the 72 hour wait between entries. Everyone can solo just about any limbus zone if they aren't a complete tool, and don't get unlucky with vortexes. I've solod NW and SW, haven't tried the other two, but that wasn't the point I was trying to make.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 23:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well with 6 people you should actually be able to set it up where you do an omega each run lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7