Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 14:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
One is enough for situational use, the other points can be allocated to something that would be more beneficial.

a triple attack every 5minutes is hardly more beneficial lolol
brb de-meriting flashy shot and enlightenment since i can only use it every 5-10 minutes it's useless.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sigh, this thread is full of fail THF's.
^

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
One is enough for situational use, the other points can be allocated to something that would be more beneficial.

Ya means almost nothing with apoc on.
you people are *** after abyssea is over.

Thats pretty funny dude, because right now I am talking about 99% of the time with what people do which is abyssea.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 14:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
The rason so many ppl prefer WHM and MNK for blue proc is because you only need those 2 jobs to cover blunt procs.
It's not a matter of playstyle, just a matter of getting the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible because that's pretty much all we do in game now.. proc this, proc that, etc.

Of course if your team lacks the jobs to go the most efficient way, it will never notice the problem as long as they can cover the task in some other way. It simply won't be as efficient.

Many ppl here are saying how Feint is a nice JA to have even though situational, but so is Aura Steal, so I wouldn't go 5/5 on either simply because depending on the situation you're in you may need one or the other.

Triple Attack rate and Assassin's Charge are very useful because they allow you to TP faster or WS harder and can be used in conjunction with SA, TA to spike damage or land more hate on the tank. It's not just about your own damage.

Believe me, I understand all that, it's just pretty stupid that people assume that's the only way to get it done. Efficient is one thing, but it's not the end-all-be-all.

As far as Triple Attack goes, I already have 100% TP before SATA is ready - anything after that is wasted on WSs like Eviseration. Even fully meritted, and splitting the two for single WSs, I have to wait a few seconds. If Triple Attack is really going to feed that much more into my TP, then it's practically useless other than DoT (Which is even weaker outside of Abyssea). The best argument for Triple Attack is when the THF is tanking and unable to SA or TA, and I do that a good majority of the time, but I don't care to sacrifice my group advantages for my solo/duo play.

As you and many others said, it's about how people like to play a job, and I totally agree.

But, if you are tanking so oftenly then, as a tank, you'd want to have the best chances of holding hate so the rest of your team can do the rest of the job. Triple Attack will help you hold that hate by letting you gain TP faster and WS more often and harder.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-16 14:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I like my trick attack merits. I don't even use TA to WS with, I just TA behind someone to try for TH effectiveness proc. Two reasons why I find TA merits better:

- Easier to just TA behind someone than it is to SA if there's multiple DDs and the mob is constantly turning.

- Most importantly, I duo with with a healer a lot. I can't use SA when I'm on NMs alone, but what I can do is have the healer stand in front of me for a second so I can TA on them. I have so much hate there's not really any danger of them getting hate, and if they do, Collaborator is the perfect solution.

Other merits in group one are Triple Attack 5/5...I really don't understand why any THF would NOT merit Triple Attack...
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 14:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

brb de-meriting flashy shot and enlightenment since i can only use it every 5-10 minutes it's useless.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
^

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Stealth Shot (-10 Enmity per upgrade)
Flashy Shot (-2 minutes 30 seconds recast per upgrade)
Snapshot (-2% Delay per upgrade)
Recycle (+5% activation rate per upgrade)

considering the other merits for group2 ranger, I would call you a *** idiot :3 but thats beside the point, stop *** riding

feint vs assassins charge is utterly moot, this whole thread is mostly moot just play the ***how you want to as long as you arent wearing full aurore and refusing to quest evisceration i dont think anyone will give a ***
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 14:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Leviathan.Draylo said:
^

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Thats pretty funny dude, because right now I am talking about 99% of the time with what people do which is abyssea.
perhaps you missed the update timeline

ps. let me help you out, expanding abyssea is nowhere on that timeline.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 14:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:
I like my trick attack merits. I don't even use TA to WS with, I just TA behind someone to try for TH effectiveness proc. Two reasons why I find TA merits better:

- Easier to just TA behind someone than it is to SA if there's multiple DDs and the mob is constantly turning.

- Most importantly, I duo with with a healer a lot. I can't use SA when I'm on NMs alone, but what I can do is have the healer stand in front of me for a second so I can TA on them. I have so much hate there's not really any danger of them getting hate, and if they do, Collaborator is the perfect solution.

Other merits in group one are Triple Attack 5/5...I really don't understand why any THF would NOT merit Triple Attack...

And if you land enough hate on the mage you can always SA the mob.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 14:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Me and my WAR90/SAM35 are moot

Annoying and useless comments
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 14:30:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Leviathan.Draylo said:
^

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Perhaps I missed the reason you think I don't know what I am doing care to elaborate? PS if you look at my merits I have 5/5 Assassins charge. Just said right now it does little which is true, and I don't care about the future I can change my merits in 5 minutes being at any given time I have 20 stored thank you mr i just leveled my thief and havent even finished meriting it yet.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 14:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

you seemed a lot less HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE before you posted in this thread btw
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 14:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

you seemed a lot less HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE before you posted in this thread btw

This clown is still here?
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 14:31:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

and still better than your war Q_Q lol so /comfort
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-04-16 14:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said:

God I hate when that happens...nothing makes me scream at my TV more than when someone moves the mob as i just hit my SA macro...unless its someone in the DD group that whines "wtf dude? dont TA ME!"

needless to say I make him my TA *** through out the whole time.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 14:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Leviathan.Draylo said:
^

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Stealth Shot (-10 Enmity per upgrade)
Flashy Shot (-2 minutes 30 seconds recast per upgrade)
Snapshot (-2% Delay per upgrade)
Recycle (+5% activation rate per upgrade)

considering the other merits for group2 ranger, I would call you a *** idiot :3 but thats beside the point, stop *** riding

feint vs assassins charge is utterly moot, this whole thread is mostly moot just play the ***how you want to as long as you arent wearing full aurore and refusing to quest evisceration i dont think anyone will give a ***
i agree-ish, feint is situational, im sorry but if you really find yourself in a situation where getting to use feint 5 minute sooner than 1 merit allows then there's a gigantic problem. it goes in hand with what you just said: dont be gimp, if a thf has to get gear and do the evisceration quest, i would expect the people who you are playing with better atleast work on their combat skill if they even think about about trying to proc red/blue.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 14:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

Whatever makes you feel at the top of the pyramid pal! ;D
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 14:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

you felt the need to comment first broseph, dont get mad
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 14:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

abyssea has been out for how long now? im sorry but if you haven't got the majority of the gear you need to get you need to realize there ARE THINGS OUTSIDE OF ABYSSEA. common sense man...
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-04-16 14:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Bahamut.Bojack said:

And if you land enough hate on the mage you can always SA the mob.

Yea, true. Depends on the NM. It's rare that I lose hate especially if it's a WHM.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 14:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

abyssea has been out for how long now? im sorry but if you haven't got the majority of the gear you need to get you need to realize there ARE THINGS OUTSIDE OF ABYSSEA. common sense man...

actually by that logic you should just stop playing the game until mid may then because there is absolutely nothing you would have needed outside abyssea then either in the 8 years (OR WHATEVER) this game has been out beforehand, dont be dumb

we know abyssea is ending, we know 1 TRIPLE ATTACK EVERY 5 MIN IS ZOMGWTF DMG, and we know feint is only for gimps

but shut the *** up already! i think this goes fore veryone in this thread :| including me
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 14:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

you felt the need to comment first broseph, dont get mad

I felt the need to comment on the utility of your posts over the others on this topic so ya, I'm not mad, just trying to help the OP understand you are useless to him ;)
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 14:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

actually by that logic you should just stop playing the game until mid may then because there is absolutely nothing you would have needed outside abyssea then either in the 8 years (OR WHATEVER) this game has been out beforehand, dont be dumb

we know abyssea is ending, we know 1 TRIPLE ATTACK EVERY 5 MIN IS ZOMGWTF DMG, and we know feint is only for gimps

but shut the *** up already! i think this goes fore veryone in this thread :| including me

Nope just you.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 14:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Leviathan.Draylo said:
^

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Perhaps I missed the reason you think I don't know what I am doing care to elaborate? PS if you look at my merits I have 5/5 Assassins charge. Just said right now it does little which is true, and I don't care about the future I can change my merits in 5 minutes being at any given time I have 20 stored thank you mr i just leveled my thief and havent even finished meriting it yet.
sorry if i hadn't felt the need to add to my merit lists recently cause ya know that makes my thf brand new....

point still stands abyssea isn't the only thing in the game. feint doesnt help as much as one would think, cause ya know.... hi temp items.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 14:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:

we know 1 TRIPLE ATTACK EVERY 5 MIN IS ZOMGWTF DMG

Brb, removing Warrior's charge merits cause it's just useless
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 14:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

I felt the need to comment on the utility of your posts over the others on this topic so ya, I'm not mad, just trying to help the OP understand you are useless to him ;)

I made quite a few valid posts, but you were too mad bro

prettysure everything to be said has been said and in summation

PLAY THIEF AND YOU WILL DISCOVER WHICH JA's YOU LIKE USING MORE FOR GROUP 1 AND BASED UPON YOUR GROUP AND EVENTS, WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO FOR GROUP2

LOL OMG SO COMPRICATED LOL
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 14:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Nope just you.

Nope me too.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 14:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

we know 1 TRIPLE ATTACK EVERY 5 MIN IS ZOMGWTF DMG

Brb, removing Warrior's charge merits cause it's just useless

are you going to merit aggressive aim? cause thats a pretty bad trade off
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 14:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Really? First off, who brings a RNG to events? If you do, why are they using sidewinder/slugshot? Second, cap your skills out then...? Point is, no real group needs Feint when you are capped acc, it does nothing.
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
"Feint is great if you're using gimps to proc"

Tell them to level their skills. Much more effective ~_~

shut the *** up

and

shut the *** up

You're cute ;P
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 14:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Leviathan.Draylo said:
^

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

sorry if i hadn't felt the need to add to my merit lists recently cause ya know that makes my thf brand new....

point still stands abyssea isn't the only thing in the game. feint doesnt help as much as one would think, cause ya know.... hi temp items.

Go camp Simurgh than tell me feint doesn't help.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 14:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
in summation

PLAY THIEF AND YOU WILL DISCOVER WHICH JA's YOU LIKE USING MORE FOR GROUP 1 AND BASED UPON YOUR GROUP AND EVENTS, WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO FOR GROUP2

tldr: Idk how to play the job or hand out useful tips so go learn on your own
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 14:41:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
in summation

tldr: Idk how to play the job or hand out useful tips so go learn on your own

not really, but the personal attacks just show mad

where did the little tarutaru touch you
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 14:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo brd can wear pluvaile, love torque's come from abyssea, genbu's shield is obsolete, what the *** is a black belt, vicious mufflers aren't scholar's best nuking hands, getting a shadow mantle/ring is a waste of time. dude i can go on, i think you need to take you ***and get packin.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7