Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-15 20:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Katoke said:
bunch of bad advice in this thread.

5 trick attack - you can easily line up someone every 50 seconds than lining up behind a mob.

5 triple attack - self explanitory

5 assasins charge - using WS AC every 5 minutes will benefit your WS greater than any other t2 merit

5 feint - lowering a mobs evasion every minute thirty is beneficial to everyone.

anyone who says different should retire thief.

to the person who meritted flee, go kill yourself.
protip, lining up isn't hard.

protip #2, for the elitist thf you portray yourself as, you don't know how long ability timers actually are
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-15 20:49:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
thif is only good for TH so do 5/5 triple attack and 5/5 sneak attack just for minimally moar chances to proc
I've seen some really good thfs put out good numbers, you just have to want to be good. 5/5 sa doesnt give you any more dmg really with assn and just offsets your times incase you do want to use them together.

the 2 second delay should be covered if you hit your macro sometime between 1-2 seconds left on recast, but i can see that as personal preference.

outside of abyssea thieves dont "put out good numbers" and inside abyssea you onry need blue

so

idk bro
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-15 20:52:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
thif is only good for TH so do 5/5 triple attack and 5/5 sneak attack just for minimally moar chances to proc
I've seen some really good thfs put out good numbers, you just have to want to be good. 5/5 sa doesnt give you any more dmg really with assn and just offsets your times incase you do want to use them together.

the 2 second delay should be covered if you hit your macro sometime between 1-2 seconds left on recast, but i can see that as personal preference.

outside of abyssea thieves dont "put out good numbers" and inside abyssea you onry need blue

so

idk bro

i've seen career thfs put out solid numbers. They weren't top dd, but they were respectable. i've also seen career thfs suck lots
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-15 20:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree its all personal preference. Level your thief flion and you will see which you liek doing more

1/5 aura steal is very nice though at the least
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-15 21:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
I've seen some really good thfs put out good numbers, you just have to want to be good. 5/5 sa doesnt give you any more dmg really with assn and just offsets your times incase you do want to use them together. the 2 second delay should be covered if you hit your macro sometime between 1-2 seconds left on recast, but i can see that as personal preference.
Lol most of the stuff people are going for are either 100% droprate or you need grellow and TH.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-15 21:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

- OP: Hey guys, is THF a nice job to play?

>>Normal ppl: Yeah, it's lots of fun and can do a lot more than simply land TH. Enjoy :D

>>Elitists: {No fun allowed}

tldr: lolelitism in a videogame
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2011-04-15 21:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

well i am glad Flion you jointhe THF crew, most advices have been given already.. only thing i can suggest really at this point is to try build an evasion set.

Thf is actually very good at tanking in low man situations (solo duo or trio).and can still pull out good numbers in terms of dmg.

Have fun with it!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-15 21:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement guys. Don't worry about the mega elitist/negative people, I ignore them outside of the advice they offer anyway.

Thanks again, I'll try to do you thief mains proud :D
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-15 21:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Odin.Katoke said:
anyone who says different should retire thief.
to the person who meritted flee, go kill yourself.
I wonder exactly what someone is thinking when they type sentences like this.

"you do something you decided yourself on for a reason? YOU DON'T DESERVE TO EXIST" lol

I want to be in the blinking avatar too!!!! D:
 Titan.Bomber
Server: Titan
user: Bomber
By Titan.Bomber 2011-04-16 02:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Atmas i use RR+omnipotent+sanguine scythe ^^
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 02:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Bomber said:
No. With RR and job trait and loki's SS will only increase your crit dmg by 4.8%. Then you factor in you only have 1 crit rate atma leaving your crit rate at only a little over 50% makes it more like 3.5% increase in melee and crit ws dmg. If you are using crit daggers too it's pretty much nothing.

Omnipotent is only good is if you are seriously needing the haste to cap gear haste... which should only really happen if you are using nuskas
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-04-16 02:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally I dropped my Feint merits for Aura Steal and I find myself using it a lot more than I ever did Feint.

Atm I have

5/5 Triple Attack
5/5 Trick Attack

5/5 Aura Steal
5/5 Assassin's Charge

For Atma's, I usually use Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn and Alpha & Omega (will be Apocalypse when I get it).

That's normally when I'm tanking though, when I get Apoc and I'm not there to tank, I'd consider Razed Ruins, Alpha & Omega and Apocolypse. (I'd also consider this when I get 5/5 AF3+2)
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2011-04-16 13:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

lol 5/5 flee.

that's serious business.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-04-16 13:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Titan.Bomber said:
No. With RR and job trait and loki's SS will only increase your crit dmg by 4.8%. Then you factor in you only have 1 crit rate atma leaving your crit rate at only a little over 50% makes it more like 3.5% increase in melee and crit ws dmg. If you are using crit daggers too it's pretty much nothing.

Omnipotent is only good is if you are seriously needing the haste to cap gear haste... which should only really happen if you are using nuskas

6% Hat
1% Neck
5% Body
4% Hands
5% Legs
4% Feet
= 25% Haste with Nusku's Sash.

Not criticising you but just saying ~ don't even need Omnipotent here.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Feint is pretty useless nowdays... better off leaving in just one incase the WHM needs to melee for tp for blue proc. Better off putting them into Aura steal tbh.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Really? First off, who brings a RNG to events? If you do, why are they using sidewinder/slugshot? Second, cap your skills out then...? Point is, no real group needs Feint when you are capped acc, it does nothing.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-04-16 13:24:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"Feint is great if you're using gimps to proc"

Tell them to level their skills. Much more effective ~_~
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 13:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Really? First off, who brings a RNG to events? If you do, why are they using sidewinder/slugshot? Second, cap your skills out then...? Point is, no real group needs Feint when you are capped acc, it does nothing.
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
"Feint is great if you're using gimps to proc"

Tell them to level their skills. Much more effective ~_~

shut the *** up

and

shut the *** up
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-04-16 13:26:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Feint is pretty useless nowdays... better off leaving in just one incase the WHM needs to melee for tp for blue proc. Better off putting them into Aura steal tbh.

Inside abyssea anyway..but keep in mind theres new hnm's enroute that ppl are thinking will be outside abyssea. In which case 5/5 feint still has some value.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Good lord, why are there so many gimp scrubs who fling around insults every 5 seconds when they can't back up their point?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Inside abyssea anyway..but keep in mind theres new hnm's enroute that ppl are thinking will be outside abyssea. In which case 5/5 feint still has some value.

This is true, but atm that is a month away and merits can be gotten within an hour.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 13:27:12
Link | Quote | Reply

nice mermans rings bro, dark rings are hard to get
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:28:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dark rings don't do anything for me except save inventory space since I am already capped MDT, nice try bro.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-04-16 13:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Contrary to belief you aren't automatically capping accuracy with your main weapon on everything, secondary and sub weapons fall way behind that, Feint is still useful (less so than it was). Capped != capped hit rate.
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-04-16 13:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

This is true, but atm that is a month away and merits can be gotten within an hour.

I s'pose its a matter of personal preference. Saves time from deleteing merits and redoing them later...but if you plan on spending most of your time in abyssea then ya.. skip feint.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 13:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

nope, clearly from your last equipment screenshot you only have -18% mdt in your idle set which could be a lot better with dark rings

get on my level scrub
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 13:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Feint was very useful for me the other day on Simurgh lol, that thing still has serious evasion at 90 with capped skill.(even without him using feather barrier)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7