Shiva.Mackstrife
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-04-16 13:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Feint is still useful >.>

Also, this:
Seraph.Gilhaven said:

Inside abyssea anyway..but keep in mind theres new hnm's enroute that ppl are thinking will be outside abyssea. In which case 5/5 feint still has some value.

In the end, it depends how people play the job. No one person plays any job the same.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 13:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that feint is far more situational than it was at 75.
I still use it for NMs as a habit but with Capped acc and cruor buffs + Atma it makes no difference.
It's still good to have for high evasion NMs, though you simply won't find yourself needing it as we would before the cap raise.

If your alli/pty members ae wiffing then they have to work on capping their skills badly.

Things may change with the new fighting ground added by SE if the mobs there are high enough, but as of now, it's not a 100% must.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Says the 90WAR/35SAM, 'nuff said. Try harder.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
"Feint is great if you're using gimps to proc"

Tell them to level their skills. Much more effective ~_~
So you two believe all whms have capped club and staff? and how well do you think a sam/rng can land sidewinder or slugshot as a thf/rng on a eva or even a normal NM?

Both of you try and tell me that you know even more than 2 whms with all capped melee skills nevermind "oh they all do"

Did you clearly miss the part where I said to keep at least one into feint for that exact situation? Stop being so angry when you see my post and actually read bro.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
Server: Phoenix
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 13:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
im mad

clearly :( got nothin for you brah
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 13:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are you guys fighting, shouldn't this forum be about helping others.
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 13:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
"Feint is great if you're using gimps to proc"

Tell them to level their skills. Much more effective ~_~
So you two believe all whms have capped club and staff? and how well do you think a sam/rng can land sidewinder or slugshot as a thf/rng on a eva or even a normal NM?

Both of you try and tell me that you know even more than 2 whms with all capped melee skills nevermind "oh they all do"

Did you clearly miss the part where I said to keep at least one into feint for that exact situation? Stop being so angry when you see my post and actually read bro.

PS noone reads your posts
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-04-16 13:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sidewinder/Slug are blue procs - that's who brings RNGs to events, since not everyone has decided to level MNK or WHM and fights only during blunt. In fact, I've preferred piercing times ever since blue procs were first determined because of the job disparity between me and my close friends.

Feint is a great JA. Despite what people say, it will increase overall effectiveness of all DD. With Abyssea's less-is-more situation, it doesn't help as much, but when compared to its siblings, is a no-brainer. I've maxed Aura Steal, because damn is it awesome. Assassin's Charge was no where on my list because simply put, I value my THF's utility over large numbers.

I also maxed Sneak Attack and Trick attack for the very same reason, because my control of hate is more crucial than 5% increase in TP and spike WS dmg. The addition of TH procs just made it more useful.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Sidewinder/Slug are blue procs - that's who brings RNGs to events, since not everyone has decided to level MNK or WHM and fights only during blunt. In fact, I've preferred piercing times ever since blue procs were first determined because of the job disparity between me and my close friends.

Feint is a great JA. Despite what people say, it will increase overall effectiveness of all DD. With Abyssea's less-is-more situation, it doesn't help as much, but when compared to its siblings, is a no-brainer. I've maxed Aura Steal, because damn is it awesome. Assassin's Charge was no where on my list because simply put, I value my THF's utility over large numbers.

I also maxed Sneak Attack and Trick attack for the very same reason, because my control of hate is more crucial than 5% increase in TP and spike WS dmg. The addition of TH procs just made it more useful.

What is this I don't even...
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-04-16 13:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, this thread is so fail.... I don't see but 1/5 posts actually making a solid suggestion. Rest are just insults. It's called play style. Play thf the way you're comfortable playing it. Gear it the way you're comfortable gearing it. If you fail, wash and try something else. I'm keeping my 5/5 feint merits I'm keeping my Assassin's charge my Aura steal; everything. No one here's convinced me of changing anything but my opinion of what a douche is ( with he exception of a few of ya'll).
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-04-16 13:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Sidewinder/Slug are blue procs - that's who brings RNGs to events, since not everyone has decided to level MNK or WHM and fights only during blunt. In fact, I've preferred piercing times ever since blue procs were first determined because of the job disparity between me and my close friends. Feint is a great JA. Despite what people say, it will increase overall effectiveness of all DD. With Abyssea's less-is-more situation, it doesn't help as much, but when compared to its siblings, is a no-brainer. I've maxed Aura Steal, because damn is it awesome. Assassin's Charge was no where on my list because simply put, I value my THF's utility over large numbers. I also maxed Sneak Attack and Trick attack for the very same reason, because my control of hate is more crucial than 5% increase in TP and spike WS dmg. The addition of TH procs just made it more useful.

[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 13:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:

I agree usually in abyssea you have to slow down on killing an NM to proc something anyway, so DoT and SPike damage isnt always everything.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-16 13:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem with feint is its a powerful move over a very short period of time. You only have about 15 seconds of significant eva reduction, it starts getting pretty low near the end.

It makes it a very significant move to have during points of high melee dmg from multiple sources, during tp or SE burn.

Its still a nice thing to have, but most dd should have decent acc. Its not the end all must have choice that it used to be during the time when people would kill everything with BW/SE spam.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

One is enough for situational use, the other points can be allocated to something that would be more beneficial.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 13:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said:
Its not the end all must have choice that it used to be during the time when people would kill everything with BW/SE spam.

how i miss those days
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 13:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
One is enough for situational use, the other points can be allocated to something that would be more beneficial.

a triple attack every 5minutes is hardly more beneficial lolol
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 13:46:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Ya means almost nothing with apoc on.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: Atma can be used outside Abyssea.
[+]
 Shiva.Mackstrife
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Mackstrife 2011-04-16 13:49:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:50:17
Link | Quote | Reply

More beneficial than nothing at all EH?
[+]
 Phoenix.Fondue
By Phoenix.Fondue 2011-04-16 13:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:

shut the *** up
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 13:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:

The rason so many ppl prefer WHM and MNK for blue proc is because you only need those 2 jobs to cover blunt procs.
It's not a matter of playstyle, just a matter of getting the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible because that's pretty much all we do in game now.. proc this, proc that, etc.

Of course if your team lacks the jobs to go the most efficient way, it will never notice the problem as long as they can cover the task in some other way. It simply won't be as efficient.

Many ppl here are saying how Feint is a nice JA to have even though situational, but so is Aura Steal, so I wouldn't go 5/5 on either simply because depending on the situation you're in you may need one or the other.

Triple Attack rate and Assassin's Charge are very useful because they allow you to TP faster or WS harder and can be used in conjunction with SA, TA to spike damage or land more hate on the tank while killing faster.

It's not just about your own damage.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 13:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

shut the *** up

Make me

Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2011-04-16 13:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

osht the "make me" card was played.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-04-16 14:10:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
The rason so many ppl prefer WHM and MNK for blue proc is because you only need those 2 jobs to cover blunt procs.
It's not a matter of playstyle, just a matter of getting the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible because that's pretty much all we do in game now.. proc this, proc that, etc.

Of course if your team lacks the jobs to go the most efficient way, it will never notice the problem as long as they can cover the task in some other way. It simply won't be as efficient.

Many ppl here are saying how Feint is a nice JA to have even though situational, but so is Aura Steal, so I wouldn't go 5/5 on either simply because depending on the situation you're in you may need one or the other.

Triple Attack rate and Assassin's Charge are very useful because they allow you to TP faster or WS harder and can be used in conjunction with SA, TA to spike damage or land more hate on the tank. It's not just about your own damage.

Believe me, I understand all that, it's just pretty stupid that people assume that's the only way to get it done. Efficient is one thing, but it's not the end-all-be-all.

As far as Triple Attack goes, I already have 100% TP before SATA is ready - anything after that is wasted on WSs like Eviseration. Even fully meritted, and splitting the two for single WSs, I have to wait a few seconds. If Triple Attack is really going to feed that much more into my TP, then it's practically useless other than DoT (Which is even weaker outside of Abyssea). The best argument for Triple Attack is when the THF is tanking and unable to SA or TA, and I do that a good majority of the time, but I don't care to sacrifice my group advantages for my solo/duo play.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-16 14:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sigh, this thread is full of fail THF's.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 14:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do we need to trick attack a "tank" any dd worth his salt can cap hate in 2-3 WS. The game mechanics are so broken nowadays trick attack as a hate management tool is a laugh, its more just a damage increase and TH chance increase than anything else .
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-04-16 14:23:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:

As far as Triple Attack goes, I already have 100% TP before SATA is ready - anything after that is wasted on WSs like Eviseration. Even fully meritted, and splitting the two for single WSs, I have to wait a few seconds. If Triple Attack is really going to feed that much more into my TP, then it's practically useless other than DoT (Which is even weaker outside of Abyssea). The best argument for Triple Attack is when the THF is tanking and unable to SA or TA, and I do that a good majority of the time, but I don't care to sacrifice my group advantages for my solo/duo play.

Meriting SA doesn't do anything in regards to hate management, I did Trick mostly because getting behind mobs spinning like a top is painful, with TA it's significantly easier. Though in regards to using it as a hate tool, VE caps so fast nowadays it's almost useless.
Triple Attack increases your own DoT (the higher portion of THF DMG) as well as WS frequency, and higher numbers, thus increasing kill speed, helping your group out. Along with bigger advantages to solo. Assassin's Charge arguably being pretty good too, forcing your next attack to TA in between fights for faster TP gain, or forcing your main hand to deal higher DMG on your next WS. I can't really see any practical uses for Aura Steal in a group, considering you'd likely have a form of Dispel handy.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 14:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

brb de-meriting flashy shot and enlightenment since i can only use it every 5-10 minutes it's useless.

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Sigh, this thread is full of fail THF's.
^

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:

Ya means almost nothing with apoc on.
you people are *** after abyssea is over.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7