Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 15:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fondue said:
i think this has been a good lesson in wooooooooooooooooooooooosh yuna

see you again tomorrow :D
probably, im gonna look back at this later and wonder wtf i said, busy ragin atm though.

maxse....... a solo IS a solo....
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 15:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

probably, im gonna look back at this later and wonder wtf i said, busy ragin atm though.

Yes I agree but alot of people say solo than it turns out they had a cure bot or something else, so just asking you the specifics of your kill is all.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 15:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

Yes I agree but alot of people say solo than it turns out they had a cure bot or something else, so just asking you the specifics of your kill is all.
last person to bring up a cure bot is why i started raging Q.Q..... it was on dnc with pizza.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 15:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Fondue said:

last person to bring up a cure bot is why i started raging Q.Q..... it was on dnc with pizza.

Well kudos to you if you aren't exaggerating, I killed it pretty much as fast as I could and im sure it was over 10 mins.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 15:14:02
Link | Quote | Reply

gogo pyrrhic kleos and rudra's storm.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-04-16 15:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
assumptions~ but you're right i didnt solo it at 90, it was at 80 and literally only took just under 5 minutes

No Rudra's Storm at 80.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-04-16 15:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dun-dun DUN!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-04-16 15:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
assumptions~ but you're right i didnt solo it at 90, it was at 80 and literally only took just under 5 minutes

No Rudra's Storm at 80.
thats a suggestion for the now lvl 90 that you're at.
if i said yeah i used rudra, then yes there would be a problem.

note how i said it after:

Bismarck.Maxse said:
Well kudos to you if you aren't exaggerating, I killed it pretty much as fast as I could and im sure it was over 10 mins.

thanks for playin devil's advocate tho
 Leviathan.Novax
Server: Leviathan
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-04-16 15:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a little curious now, what kind of dmg are you people doing when you're stacking SA or TA w/ evis?

I do anywhere from 2400-3700 w/ just evis, and this will be an eyeball comment but I don't really see a huge jump when i SA+Evis.

Edit: high evis alone was 5121.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 15:46:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
So as you know, my current high level job choices aren't great.

And I've been considering what jobs I'd like to level up, and THF is one of them.

So a few questions:

1) Is Nin and War the only subs I'll need?

2) Do I need to get a ton of gear outside of abyssea, or can I do well on AH and Abyssea gear only?

3) Is the Twashtar worth it?

Thanks.

Twashtar is good if you're outside Abyssea or Sneak Attacking. It's also the best dagger for Evisceration. Depending on how much you like THF though, it may or may not be worth it.

NIN is what you'll use for the most part, I rarely use WAR. I also find sometimes /DNC is nice, for fights where I need a stun, and even though I'm maintaining capped evasion, a cure every now and then (the latter of which can be solved by using Bloody Bolts).

Really, the only gear you need from outside Abyssea, is Suppa, Brutal, Assassin's Armlets, and Homam Gambieras (Speaking from a TP standpoint, WS may not be the case). Homam Gambieras are the best feet to use with the rest of AF3+2, to maintain capped haste (After TH is on). Some people prefer 5/5 AF3+2, and I'll leave that to the math geniuses to decide.

I absolutely love THF, and it's fairly simple to gear up, so if you want to, I say go for it.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 15:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Leviathan.Novax said:
You'll need th gloves from dyna, nin war subs twashtar is good just the WS isn't. As far as gear get af3 and other abyssea items.
WS is great actually
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Oh and... What Merits are universally the best?

5/5 triple attack
5/5 flee
5/5 assassin's charge
5/5 feint

Optionally 1/5 Aura steal for dispel effect

>.< Flee merits.. really now?

3/5 Trick or Sneak attack
2/5 for the other one.

IMO 5/5 Trick attack is best, because you're probably not sneak attacking faster than the recast if you're soloing anyways.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 15:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Homam gambieras aren't necessarily a must, though they're very nice. Ballerines are much easier to get for Haste feet at this stage of the game
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 15:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Homam gambieras aren't necessarily a must, though they're very nice. Ballerines are much easier to get for Haste feet at this stage of the game

Yes, Ballerines will work, but the Attack- is unattractive. Just meaning best possible. I personally don't have Homam Gambieras (yet, Omega tonight ^^) so I was not intending to imply that they're needed. Just desirable.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 15:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Yes, Ballerines will work, but the Attack- is unattractive. Just meaning best possible. I personally don't have Homam Gambieras (yet, Omega tonight ^^) so I was not intending to imply that they're needed. Just desirable.

GL on drop!
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 15:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

GL on drop!

Thanks :L My almace is so gimp atm. I keep spazzing over the possibility over double heads ;;
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-16 16:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Leviathan.Novax said:
You'll need th gloves from dyna, nin war subs twashtar is good just the WS isn't. As far as gear get af3 and other abyssea items.
WS is great actually
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Oh and... What Merits are universally the best?

5/5 triple attack
5/5 flee
5/5 assassin's charge
5/5 feint

Optionally 1/5 Aura steal for dispel effect

>.< Flee merits.. really now?

3/5 Trick or Sneak attack
2/5 for the other one.

IMO 5/5 Trick attack is best, because you're probably not sneak attacking faster than the recast if you're soloing anyways.

way to add to a debate that was handled pages ago lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 18:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Depends on your set up. The -att doesn't really do that much in tp phase and if you aren't capping evasion without evasion gear the evasion on them will help your dps in just less shadow casting or being able to take out evasion gear for DD in tp phase.

Also they let you cap gear haste on thf without using a belt or atma without having to resort to zelus letting you use nuskus for more DW without having to make any real sacrifices :)
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 18:18:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Depends on your set up. The -att doesn't really do that much in tp phase and if you aren't capping evasion without evasion gear the evasion on them will help your dps in just less shadow casting or being able to take out evasion gear for DD in tp phase.

Also they let you cap gear haste on thf without using a belt or atma without having to resort to zelus letting you use nuskus for more DW without having to make any real sacrifices :)

Large edit:
You actually do need to sacrifice a fair bit. Without Zelus, or Dusk +1 gloves, you can only get 25% gear haste. You also need to sacrifice 2 pieces of AF3+2 to achieve this, as well as swap out Triplus for Rapidus Sax, and use Tiercel. You also lose all the nice bonuses from AF3+2 hands.

You can use Zelus, to cap haste without belt or Dusk +1, however that means you're sacrificing another piece of AF3+2. I try not to comment on whether things are better or worse, because the math *** are good at that. But that does seem like a great deal to sacrifice, unlike you stated.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 18:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
The most you can get is 25% haste without a belt + Ballerines, and you need to swap out two pieces of Empyrean +2.

Not saying whether or not this is the best way, but I certainly wouldn't do it. (Excluding Dusk +1, because they're still rare)

Edit: You can use Zelus, which means you have to sacrifice 3 pieces of Empy +2, as well as the nice stat bonuses on hands (either way, they need to go)I try not to comment on whether things are better or worse, because the math *** are good at that. But that does seem like a great deal to sacrifice, unlike you stated
You're wrong. Thf can actually hit 29% haste without belt. However you want to keep empyrean head and don't want to use lol aery buckler so that puts you down to 26%.

And hands/feet empyrean aren't that useful in tp phase. Stats on hands are mostly useless tp phase. I'd value feets stats more if I had hate lol. The only important things you are losing are a slightly better offhand dagger 2% DA and a really small chance to deal triple dmg to gain 5% DW. You vastly overestimate a little att or set procs worth in the tp phase. Also rapid sax isn't a bad dagger. Really low delay decent dmg and acc if you need which on several nms you aren't capping anyways...

Also damn your ninja editting. Dusk +1 isn't as rare anymore since it's become a T1 synth btw.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 18:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So Dasva you're suggesting this would be a top TP build?

That's one pricy bish of a build, damn <_<
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-04-16 18:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

Not so pricy >_>
Dusk+1 are like 2.5m now, atleast on cerb.. :P
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 18:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Not so pricy >_>
Dusk+1 are like 2.5m now, atleast on cerb.. :P

4-5M here still -.-' and tiercel is 1.5M
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 18:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:

Not sure but it would be the fastest and certainly be damn good. Also depends on what you mean by pricey...only 2 of the items on there can be sold on ah/bazaar and I think you can pick them up for around 3-7mil total depending on server. I don't think many people have caught on to the fact that dusk+1 gloves are easier to make. Now back when the gloves were 20mil.. yeah wouldn't suggest it lol

As far as the ra/ex +2 stuff is annoying to get for sure but meh and epona's is too but rest can be duo'd rather quickly.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-04-16 18:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeh, I'm just a cheap *** so whenever I see stuff going for over a mil I start panicking
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 18:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Shiva.Khimaira said:
The most you can get is 25% haste without a belt + Ballerines, and you need to swap out two pieces of Empyrean +2.

Not saying whether or not this is the best way, but I certainly wouldn't do it. (Excluding Dusk +1, because they're still rare)

Edit: You can use Zelus, which means you have to sacrifice 3 pieces of Empy +2, as well as the nice stat bonuses on hands (either way, they need to go)I try not to comment on whether things are better or worse, because the math *** are good at that. But that does seem like a great deal to sacrifice, unlike you stated
You're wrong. Thf can actually hit 29% haste without belt. However you want to keep empyrean head and don't want to use lol aery buckler so that puts you down to 26%.

And hands/feet empyrean aren't that useful in tp phase. Stats on hands are mostly useless tp phase. I'd value feets stats more if I had hate lol. The only important things you are losing are a slightly better offhand dagger 2% DA and a really small chance to deal triple dmg to gain 5% DW. You vastly overestimate a little att or set procs worth in the tp phase. Also rapid sax isn't a bad dagger. Really low delay decent dmg and acc if you need which on several nms you aren't capping anyways...

Also damn your ninja editting. Dusk +1 isn't as rare anymore since it's become a T1 synth btw.

I ninja edited to be more clear. I'm not saying you're wrong, or that it's not better. But there is a fair amount you do need to sacrifice to obtain that, so I brought that to light.

Zelus was implicit that it wasn't to be used, seeing as you did say "without Zelus".

And Dusk +1 aren't as rare as they used to be, but that doesn't mean they're common. We have a few on AH atm, but our price history is still below 20. They're still rare enough that you shouldn't expect them by any means.

Edit: Once again, edit. Why would THF not be capping acc? The few NMs I can think of where you struggle for Acc (Flame skimmer comes to mind), nothing makes a difference on. Feint is useful for that, if you have 2 THF you can keep it up. Either that, or god forbid, you could eat some acc food.
 Shiva.Khimaira
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-04-16 18:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sheelay said:
Yeh, I'm just a cheap *** so whenever I see stuff going for over a mil I start panicking

I wish this were facebook, so I could 'like' it.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Crolion
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Crolion
By Gilgamesh.Crolion 2011-04-16 18:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

if u want a good TP build and hella cheap check out my profile u can achieve capped haste without dusk period. a good setup that i use and rarely stop swinging in abys with is

that right there is capped haste.

none of which is expensive at all its a crazy TP build for thf that costs u 0 gil but does take time.

to me time over wasting loads of gil on replaceable gear easily.

EDIT: added in set to show u what i mean and ignore the twashtar not everyone has the patients to do it lol

u dont need dusk cause that right there is 30% haste way over cap put anything u want in the hands slot i currently use AF3+2 hands gotta update my sets ><
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-16 18:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:
Edit: Once again, edit. Why would THF not be capping acc? The few NMs I can think of where you struggle for Acc (Flame skimmer comes to mind), nothing makes a difference on. Feint is useful for that, if you have 2 THF you can keep it up. Either that, or god forbid, you could eat some acc food.
I didn't say struggle I said not capped. Which is plenty of nms. Though there are a few low tier ones I could mention in heros zones that it's rather noticable. And eatting acc food over att food is a huge loss in dps and ws dmg. And who feint is only 30 second... and who the hell fully merits it or brings 2 thfs to a fight.

People overestimate how accurate the jobs are alot just because they are always running around with +120 dex or so and hit most the time. But most people don't actually look at there actually accuracy
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-16 19:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have full merited thf. but that was for a while ago.

in any event, the significant eva minus doesn't last the whole time. so you're only getting a large benefit like the first 15 seconds.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7