New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Treasure Hunter Effectiveness
Treasure Hunter Effectiveness
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
By FOODNIPPLE127 2011-02-04 11:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Fattynoob said:
i have seen th9 proc starting w/ a base of 6.
TH can proc in WS's not showing in chat log
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-04 12:06:58
Link | Quote | Reply

FOODNIPPLE127 said:
Diabolos.Fattynoob said:
i have seen th9 proc starting w/ a base of 6.
TH can proc in WS's not showing in chat log

I don't think he meant all at once.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-07 19:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I had open a thread here btw:
Your text to link here...

U can actually get +6 thf max (proved atm).
So should be possible to hit 13 with thf 7.

Btw for thfs who went up a lot, i tried to switch thf+ gear and haste gear...but my best thf+ scores was when i was wearin thf+ gear full time...when i switch with haste gear, it CAN up still, but lot slower...
No one noticed this ?
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-07 20:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

what is a windower command that you can just press at the start of a fight to lock hands/feet slot until you get first proc message and then press another macro to unlock those slots to allow normal swapping?

cause SA/TA/WS/EVA/EVERYTHING macros take that ***off

:( pls halp.
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 20:15:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
I had open a thread here btw:
Your text to link here...

U can actually get +6 thf max (proved atm).
So should be possible to hit 13 with thf 7.

Btw for thfs who went up a lot, i tried to switch thf+ gear and haste gear...but my best thf+ scores was when i was wearin thf+ gear full time...when i switch with haste gear, it CAN up still, but lot slower...
No one noticed this ?

I noticed the same thing, i was wondering myself if the TH+ gear affect chance of raising TH. Never really did any test about it, just noticed since i now swap my gear TH have trouble to go > TH8.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-07 20:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
what is a windower command that you can just press at the start of a fight to lock hands/feet slot until you get first proc message and then press another macro to unlock those slots to allow normal swapping?

Theres none.
Test thf+ skill up with/without haste gear ask actually lot of memory and good macros w.
Personnaly i made like this:
1-Haste/acc gear
2-Sa/Ta gear
3-Thf+ gear

Of crouse since u get TK in thf gear, if u go from thf gear to haste gear u lost all tps.
So i made a 4-Haste/thf+ gear for test out the thf+ rate...but its kinda annoyin to use.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-03-07 20:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

Actually i tested it on Carabosse. Started with Thiefs Knife only(TH4). Meleed ONE time, didnt get proc, and switched to rapidus sax. First proc was TH5, so you dont need a proc. Melee one time with hands/feet, and your first proc is 6 no matter what, 7 if your using knife.
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-07 20:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

Actually i tested it on Carabosse. Started with Thiefs Knife only(TH4). Meleed ONE time, didnt get proc, and switched to rapidus sax. First proc was TH5, so you dont need a proc. Melee one time with hands/feet, and your first proc is 6 no matter what, 7 if your using knife.

really.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-07 23:06:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

really.

Yarly.

Just like TH before, Once you hit it once, Your highest base TH is applied. its the "starting".

Meaning if you equip all your TH gear and apply TH6/7 (atma). You can immediately dequip your gear and your next "up" will be 7/8 (depending on the above, atma/noatma).

Don't need to keep your TH gear on until a proc!
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-03-07 23:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
Yarly.

Huh what? Oh nevermind I thouht you were talking to me!
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-03-07 23:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Yarly.

Huh what? Oh nevermind I thouht you were talking to me!

I thought your title said "Azdaja Abortion" for a moment.
By Tortuga1004 2011-03-07 23:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
i thought there was just a screenshot that shows TH effectiveness going up to 9? no?

A screenshot where? Some people have stated TH effectiveness can go up to 11 apparently, using TH6, atma etc although this aint been proven.

Highest i ever seen with TH5, most likely with kupopower as well, was 8, no matter how many mobs i killed.

I personally hit TH11 last night on carabosse using gloves/knife/af3+2 feet/dread and then just using SA/TA and got a lucky proc while meleeing, and we definetly still only got a single drop, yet the time after i got th8, which is 1 proc with the same set up and got doubles, TH is seriously some kind of myth
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-07 23:44:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tortuga1004 said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
i thought there was just a screenshot that shows TH effectiveness going up to 9? no?

A screenshot where? Some people have stated TH effectiveness can go up to 11 apparently, using TH6, atma etc although this aint been proven.

Highest i ever seen with TH5, most likely with kupopower as well, was 8, no matter how many mobs i killed.

I personally hit TH11 last night on carabosse using gloves/knife/af3+2 feet/dread and then just using SA/TA and got a lucky proc while meleeing, and we definetly still only got a single drop, yet the time after i got th8, which is 1 proc with the same set up and got doubles, TH is seriously some kind of myth

nice sample size.

in order to prove anything you'd need to test that on like 10000 carabosse drops.
[+]
By Tortuga1004 2011-03-07 23:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

just a thought, not stating fact, you'd think with that amount of th you'd be guaranteed double drops.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-07 23:57:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tortuga1004 said:
just a thought, not stating fact, you'd think with that amount of th you'd be guaranteed double drops.
No you just have even more "Increases chance of getting treasure"
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-03-08 00:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

myth
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-08 00:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-08 00:29:27
Link | Quote | Reply

only 100% drops are guaranteed. You could have TH500 on a mob and not get full drops. You were just unlucky, don't jump to silly conclusions.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2011-03-08 00:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tortuga1004 said:

TH doesn't guarantee drops it just increases the likelihood of you getting something, same as proc'ing blue isn't a guaranteed drop.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By richwood 2011-03-08 01:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thf was my first 75 job, yes I paid over 10M for that damn dagger. That being said...

I have randomly killed NMs as many other jobs solo. and also as thf with max TH at the time...

TH Drops rates have hardly ever been that much higher on low drop rate items i.e. sky/sea/salvage.

BUT, when I farm materials for crafting or back in the day when a 75 thf could make almost 100k an hour farming bats, etc. TH worked wonderfully.

Also in abyssea it seems thf has been crap, especially if you are gonna duo, you are better off just going monk and whm during 22:00-6:59 game time.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-08 01:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

richwood said:
Thf was my first 75 job, yes I paid over 10M for that damn dagger. That being said...

I have randomly killed NMs as many other jobs solo. and also as thf with max TH at the time...

TH Drops rates have hardly ever been that much higher on low drop rate items i.e. sky/sea/salvage.

BUT, when I farm materials for crafting or back in the day when a 75 thf could make almost 100k an hour farming bats, etc. TH worked wonderfully.

Also in abyssea it seems thf has been crap, especially if you are gonna duo, you are better off just going monk and whm during 22:00-6:59 game time.

Of course TH is less noticeable on low drop rate items...because they are low drop rates. As for abyssea, most things are high drop rates, and TH helps a lot. Proccing blue is of course the best increase you can get for the items which rely on it,so by all means if you are restricted to duoing and need the blue item, go mnk+whm.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-21 16:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If your 90thf with the three th +1's (th6) and u attack, then switch your TH equipment for somehting else, can u still increase you TH lvl in combat from that th6 number? Or does its drop back to three and work its way up? Or merly stop increaseing all together
 Sylph.Thejon
Server: Sylph
user: thejon
By Sylph.Thejon 2011-03-21 16:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said:
If your 90thf with the three th +1's (th6) and u attack, then switch your TH equipment for somehting else, can u still increase you TH lvl in combat from that th6 number? Or does its drop back to three and work its way up? Or merly stop increaseing all together

After you smack the mob with your max TH gear on you can swap the gear out, and when you do get a proc it will be TH7.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2011-03-21 16:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Thejon said:
Odin.Godofgods said:
After you smack the mob with your max TH gear on you can swap the gear out, and when you do get a proc it will be TH7.

awsome
 Cerberus.Arcmarc
user: marc4497
By Cerberus.Arcmarc 2011-03-21 16:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is a myth that I always want with me.

With TH6 going after braireus helms i got 1 helm to drop 7 times in a row.

On a different occassion with no TH soloing braireus nin/whm, 3 times in a row 2 helms dropped each kill.

So if luck plays such a huge role I assume that TH is just a joke, however, I still like having TH over not having TH, even though I think its total ***.
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2011-03-21 16:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been made clear may times about how the TH works. Everything is a lottery in this game. you need to be able to get the right number randomed to get the item to drop. Example item is 50% drop you have th3 that's 3 chances at the item. So lets say the goal for a 50% drop is to break 499/999 and you random under that all 3 times it will not drop. Lets say you random a 501 it will drop out of your 3 chances. More Th on the more chances you get at the item. This may not be believable by a lot of you but it makes complete sense. I am sure this has been posted before. When it comes to dropping gear. When you die your TH is still in effect, I have personally witnessed macroing Treasure hunter gear for trick attack and sneak attack for the first few to get th started then tp in it for a short bit then macro out for WS gear. The th never went down but I don't think it will go higher without it.
 Bahamut.Phix
user: phix
By Bahamut.Phix 2011-03-21 17:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i personally wear all th gear for the 1st proc or 2 then change to tp gear more often than not and i regularly see higher procs..
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2011-04-06 10:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I can't speak personally for iron plates, but chloris buds, ulhuadshi fangs, glavoid shells, etc. are definitely not affected in any way shape or form by blue.
Not that its a large enough sample imo but I had my friend switch from MNK to THF while tanking Ironclads for my plates recently, we've done about 40 fights to get my plates and out of the last 15(he switched to THF) or so we've seen 10 2x plate drops.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9