Treasure Hunter Effectiveness
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-28 15:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

It's just random. I've gotten three procs in a row once on some Scar seal NM, but I've killed harder NMs for 15+ minutes (sometimes have to wait for proc, but I keep SA/TAing) with no procs at all.

And yes, tons of Abyssea NMs that have gone hateless.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 15:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Notice how THF got critical hit bonus at 78+? Maybe critical hits play a big part in the procing of TH effectiveness, which is why it would be great to have a WAR in your party to do blood rage and increase this even further.
Or you could use razed ruins.

oh wait, you don't like abyssea, nvm
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-28 15:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Crits do not affect it Kylos, and this is easily proven. In Abyssea you can achieve almost 100% Crit hit ratio, and THFs do not have better luck on TH in or out. It is an inherent trait of Sneak Attack and Trick Attack.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 15:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably helps that SA and TA were specifically mentioned in the update notes, but I wouldn't expect the OP to have the mental capacity to have observed that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 15:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
It's just random. I've gotten three procs in a row once on some Scar seal NM, but I've killed harder NMs for 15+ minutes (sometimes have to wait for proc, but I keep SA/TAing) with no procs at all.

And yes, tons of Abyssea NMs that have gone hateless.

Thanks that saves me going out there later and testing lol :)

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Crits do not affect it Kylos, and this is easily proven. In Abyssea you can achieve almost 100% Crit hit ratio, and THFs do not have better luck on TH in or out. It is an inherent trait of Sneak Attack and Trick Attack.

Aw what a shame lol, i thought it just made sense, i guess the only way to increase procs is to be in a party, have haste on constantly, SA and TA as much as possible and not kill the mob til you sure you got as much effectiveness as u can.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-28 15:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Xellith said:

Thief's Knife
Asassins Armlets
TH3 trait.
So you only had TH5 intial, and procced up 5 times. Assuming he didn't have +2 feet and treasure hound was not up, this refutes the +4 max proc theory.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 15:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes it does, this is why i asked how many times he proc'd it, but never got a response back
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 15:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way i never blocked anyone on this forum before, but i blocked tigerwoods + vegetto, he can say what he likes, i really do not care anymore, good riddance
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Vegetto 2011-01-28 15:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You care enough to have blocked me.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2011-01-28 15:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

+ Server merge (had to change name, etc.) =
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2011-01-28 15:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

but you said I was cool
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-28 15:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
By the way i never blocked anyone on this forum before, but i blocked tigerwoods + vegetto, he can say what he likes, i really do not care anymore, good riddance

OP is a retard and has to broadcast that he blocked someone. Here's a tip no one cares. And don't be butthurt just because tiger got irritated at you when he tried to help you and you keep acting like you are discovering something.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 15:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

He called me cool by the way when he thought I was Vegetto. Then he deleted it when he found out tiger = vegetto.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 15:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He did nothing to help me, he just wanted to upset me for the sake of it, all i wanted to do is discuss Treasure hunter effectiveness, nothing else

If you have to call me a retard then your no good then he is
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2011-01-28 15:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
He did nothing to help me, he just wanted to upset me for the sake of it, all i wanted to do is discuss Treasure hunter effectiveness, nothing else

First response he gave you pointed you to plenty of information on the subject. And you go paraphrasing here"cool story bro I don't like bg"

[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 15:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually reading all of that, it seems like its still under discussion, and there is no post about this in this forum, and i never use BG.

That is what i said, i never said i dont like BG, just that i dont use it, which is why i did not know all the facts about treasure hunter effectiveness, also i felt by putting a post of it here would help other players to understand it further, he made it out like what i was doing was completely wrong.

If he continued to be helpful in the thread like other players, then i would have seen no problem, dasva went off subject too and couldnt understand some things i said, but he didnt call me a moron for it
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 15:58:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't call you a moron till you said you could care less rather than couldn't.
[+]
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Server: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-01-28 16:02:41
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of topics on BG are 'still under discussion' technically speaking. No one's responded in a month in that thread because most of those conclusions have been accepted by the ffxi community. You might think Tigerwoods is abrasive, but you can't say he didn't contribute to the thread.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 16:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not posting anymore in this thread, its run its course, thanks to all the players who give great feedback and screenshots on your TH effectiveness, ill even thank tigerwoods for directing me to that BG forum.

Peace :)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 16:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-01-28 16:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Can this thread now be about bringing back the dancing chicken guy?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2011-01-28 16:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2011-01-28 16:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

just had to wade thru 4 pages filled with horseshit to get to 1 page worth of info. Get hit by a truck already.
[+]
 Sylph.Siccmade
By Sylph.Siccmade 2011-01-28 16:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I know right, the dancing chicken man should have been on page one.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Nooblet
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nooblet
By Quetzalcoatl.Nooblet 2011-01-30 16:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if that came out a bit small.
TH12. Was wearing TH knife/hands/feet. Was not using the TH atma.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By juro 2011-01-30 16:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Nooblet said:

Sorry if that came out a bit small.
TH12. Was wearing TH knife/hands/feet. Was not using the TH atma.
TH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscs
[+]
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-01-30 17:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Blue?
Red !! increases drop rate on atma and key items (I say increases because they are not 100% drop there is still a small chance of not getting).

Grellow !! increases drop rate on magian armor upgrade items

Blue !! increases drop rate on regular drops.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Abyssea

Look at weakness triggering for details.

hmm when you say magian wep upgrats I hope your not talking about things like iron plates and such because tbh I have been working on my plates currently 26/50 and everytime blue is procced 2 plates drop when blue is not proc only 1 plate regardless of TH or other procs I have also seen this with other e wep items ~
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9