Treasure Hunter Effectiveness
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-30 17:06:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't speak personally for iron plates, but chloris buds, ulhuadshi fangs, glavoid shells, etc. are definitely not affected in any way shape or form by blue.

Considering I built Vereth and had to collect 100 items, I'm pretty sure on this.

No thf + blue = 1 more often than 2.

Thf at all = 2 more often than 1.
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-01-30 17:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

well I payed attention moreso to my lovely Iron plates and they are DEFFINENTLY 100% effected by blue proc although i wish it was grellow thats easier for me to proc~
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-01-30 17:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do with it what you will but to add to the thread ive hit TH 8 in abby on Blazing eruca with nothing but a TH knife at lvl 85 thf(no atama no gear)

SA and TA every time it was up.

mostly always proc'd on a SA or TA
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-01-30 17:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

also if you wanna talk outside of aby in Salvage they hit th11 and got no drop :P lol
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-30 17:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
I just like older content thats all, is it so odd that im one of the few players out there who dont like the concept of Abyssea? I have been to abyssea, and got 3 +1 head gears for my thf drk and pld, but it was extremely to do it even without atmas. I looked up other quests, i seen my father who does abyssea quite a bit, and it just looks extremely easy to me and not appealing in the slightest. Actually almost quit this game when abyssea came out just because exp became incredibly easy to come by, and its like no one cares to work at a job nowadays and finds it acceptable to leech whenever they can. Playing a hardcore version of FF7 at the moment, which is more fun then abyssea to be honest
If you don't take interrest in Abyssea, then I don't see how on earth you'd enjoy old content. It's all the same. Sky, Sea SCNMs, VNMs, ZNMs, and plenty of other crap ALL work the exact same way. Kill stuff to get more stuff and a pop, kill the next popped NM for more stuff, kill another NM for more stuff.

The only thing in the game that differs from this would be HNM and Dynamis (lol)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-01-30 17:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
I just like older content thats all, is it so odd that im one of the few players out there who dont like the concept of Abyssea? I have been to abyssea, and got 3 +1 head gears for my thf drk and pld, but it was extremely to do it even without atmas.

I looked up other quests, i seen my father who does abyssea quite a bit, and it just looks extremely easy to me and not appealing in the slightest.

Actually almost quit this game when abyssea came out just because exp became incredibly easy to come by, and its like no one cares to work at a job nowadays and finds it acceptable to leech whenever they can.

Playing a hardcore version of FF7 at the moment, which is more fun then abyssea to be honest

please delete your account you make me rage!

old ffxi was flawed in so many ways.like hmm merit partys where certain jobs just were not aloud to merit because they were useless to a merit party.which lets be right isnt good if you only had 1 75 back then.ok you decide to level a job that can join merit partys just for stupid merits....hhhhm yea see you in 6 months when that job is 75 and ready and able to merit.
its as simple as this,ffxi was not HARDCORE as you put it it was down right *** stupid.

P.s AF3 +1 is supposed to be easy you tard,go solo all your AF3 +2 then come back and repeat that statement.

and yes i was around way before abbysea and level sync blah blah.im not saying it should of been as easy as wow games but dam it was *** harder than supermans chin for crying out loud.the opposite of easy is hard and thats whats ffxi used to be.
you will fade away before the year is out festering away in old content area's,mark my words.
did you have to be hardcore to get af1 lol? didnt think so
 Quetzalcoatl.Nooblet
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nooblet
By Quetzalcoatl.Nooblet 2011-01-30 17:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

juro said:
Quetzalcoatl.Nooblet said:

Sorry if that came out a bit small.
TH12. Was wearing TH knife/hands/feet. Was not using the TH atma.
TH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscsTH = miscs

What? Did I miss something?
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-01-31 23:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
blablablabla boring useless ***blablablabla

did you have to be hardcore to get af1 lol? didnt think so

Try doing AF1 solo at level 50-60.

Better yet... try doing GK1 solo at level 50 or GK2 at level 55.

If you're going to talk ***to people whom you disagree with, at least make sure you don't sound like a retard. Did you honestly think that people were level 75 before AF1 was released?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-31 23:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Yarly said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
blablablabla boring useless ***blablablabla did you have to be hardcore to get af1 lol? didnt think so
Try doing AF1 solo at level 50-60. Better yet... try doing GK1 solo at level 50 or GK2 at level 55. If you're going to talk ***to people whom you disagree with, at least make sure you don't sound like a retard. Did you honestly think that people were level 75 before AF1 was released?
Dude~try getting sub job items. especially that magicked skull.
or actually partying in the dunes when mobs didn't despawn when the person they were chasing died and the mobs camped outside selbina slaughtering everyone. or when mobs didn't return to their original position after someone zoned a massive train. or when there wasn't abyssea.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-01-31 23:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
I just like older content thats all, is it so odd that im one of the few players out there who dont like the concept of Abyssea? I have been to abyssea, and got 3 +1 head gears for my thf drk and pld, but it was extremely to do it even without atmas. I looked up other quests, i seen my father who does abyssea quite a bit, and it just looks extremely easy to me and not appealing in the slightest. Actually almost quit this game when abyssea came out just because exp became incredibly easy to come by, and its like no one cares to work at a job nowadays and finds it acceptable to leech whenever they can. Playing a hardcore version of FF7 at the moment, which is more fun then abyssea to be honest
If you don't take interrest in Abyssea, then I don't see how on earth you'd enjoy old content. It's all the same. Sky, Sea SCNMs, VNMs, ZNMs, and plenty of other crap ALL work the exact same way. Kill stuff to get more stuff and a pop, kill the next popped NM for more stuff, kill another NM for more stuff.

The only thing in the game that differs from this would be HNM and Dynamis (lol)

the basic system is pretty much the same, getting different tier pops and whatnot, but you could do a lot less in sky and sea with only a few mediocre players.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-02-01 02:23:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
If you don't take interrest in Abyssea, then I don't see how on earth you'd enjoy old content. It's all the same. Sky, Sea SCNMs, VNMs, ZNMs, and plenty of other crap ALL work the exact same way. Kill stuff to get more stuff and a pop, kill the next popped NM for more stuff, kill another NM for more stuff. The only thing in the game that differs from this would be HNM and Dynamis (lol)
the basic system is pretty much the same, getting different tier pops and whatnot, but you could do a lot less in sky and sea with only a few mediocre players.
does the sky pop item holding mobs now drop 2 stones/gems?
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-02 09:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Semi-derail, semi-on topic:

I read through the BG thread as best as a guy who is working can. The one testimonial of "i wuz wearing TK and then put on other hand and still got another TH proc from 7-8" is way too vague for my taste. Has anyone tested the effectiveness of keeping TH on after first proc? Do you feel you get more TH increases leaving it on or not?

I'm a recreational thf at best and only ever on the job for low man or in a pinch. I don't get much time on it to make my own observations and any help is appreciated.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-02 09:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if this answers your question but for most of a day I'd take TK off either after the first hit or if I had decent tp then after I eviserated and my first TH proc was always 5 with no other TH gear.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-02 09:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

th3+boots+ knife, The boots I wear most the time because I'm evasion tanking or trick attacking. I put thfs knife on when I fight generally when the mob goes under 10% and if I see a proc in their which I do a good bit if my last proc was 6 without knife put knife on and the next procs is always th increases to 8. This was stated on the first page of the bg thread posted back on the first page. If I have thf knife on hit the mob, then I take it off, the first proc that shows up in my log without using thfs knife is th 6, I have to build up my thf to naturally have that th I had with the knife, before I can exceed it, or put the knife back on.
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Server: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-02-02 10:00:13
Link | Quote | Reply

In response to Volkom's question, I think all pop item NM's still have their 100% drop item, but now a second 'can' drop (i.e. affected by TH).

Ashman: I don't think any testing has been done, but from eyeballing (i.e. worthless) I'd say the TH+ melee proc rate is the same w/ or w/o TH gear on. I think most THF's do what Dasva does.

Any stabs at what the rate is? In my experience I'd say somewhere around 1-2% sounds close
 Remora.Laphine
Server: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-02 10:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Meleeing in full th or meleeing in dps gear it's all the same randomness. This is my conclusion cause, from my experience at least, i've never seen one better than the other.

What in fact helps speeding TH boosts is another thf. My base th with gear is 6 and the most i've ever got as solo thf in the pt is 8 (2 boosts - no th atma too), but with another thf i've reached 9-10 easilly (once an 11).

So yeah, i see th gear as a first action thing only. If you only equip them at the end you are doing it wrong. You essentially wasted all boosts you've got throughout the battle and you won't have many more chances of to get it up.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-02-02 10:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have thf5(90thf, armlets, knife). My treasure hunter procs at 6 and I have seen it rise to as high as 10( this was tanking Za'Dha Adamking, a long battle). Most of the time, outside of Abby, It's 7-8 during the course of a fight. Inside of Abby, with Atma, it rises as high as that as well, even during brief fights. What I usually do in Abby is, with a group, is get sea daughter atma, and only WS on the mob with TA(After the initial TH proc), so not to feed it too much tp.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-02 10:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
Meleeing in full th or meleeing in dps gear it's all the same randomness. This is my conclusion cause, from my experience at least, i've never seen one better than the other. What in fact helps speeding TH boosts is another thf. My base th with gear is 6 and the most i've ever got as solo thf in the pt is 8 (2 boosts - no th atma too), but with another thf i've reached 9-10 easilly (once an 11). So yeah, i see th gear as a first action thing only. If you only equip them at the end you are doing it wrong. You essentially wasted all boosts you've got throughout the battle and you won't have many more chances of to get it up.

I felt the same about that. Basically when I'm holding hate for a downed tank or low man/soloing it seems like such an epic waste to offhand a knife that had bad DPS at 71, let alone 90. I essentially want a reason to sleep at night if i take off the TK after first proc :3
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-02 10:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, gogogo^^

You just reminded me that thf solo tank + th proc doesn't fit so well too;; We pretty much lose the ability to sa/ta and that hurts it. We can always ask for a mage to get in range for ta i guess, but it's common to finish a battle with only 1 proc. But well, it really doesn't matter, i've done enough glavoids for 100 shells and i saw like 6 single drops total.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-02 11:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Remora.Laphine said:
Meleeing in full th or meleeing in dps gear it's all the same randomness. This is my conclusion cause, from my experience at least, i've never seen one better than the other. What in fact helps speeding TH boosts is another thf. My base th with gear is 6 and the most i've ever got as solo thf in the pt is 8 (2 boosts - no th atma too), but with another thf i've reached 9-10 easilly (once an 11). So yeah, i see th gear as a first action thing only. If you only equip them at the end you are doing it wrong. You essentially wasted all boosts you've got throughout the battle and you won't have many more chances of to get it up.

I felt the same about that. Basically when I'm holding hate for a downed tank or low man/soloing it seems like such an epic waste to offhand a knife that had bad DPS at 71, let alone 90. I essentially want a reason to sleep at night if i take off the TK after first proc :3

If your starting in th gear then take it off your doing it wrong. This causes your thf to start at 6 th( if you have all the peices) then your when you take it off your th drops down to 3, you then have to build your thfs th up to 6 to then begin exceeding 6. putting it on at the end will take whatever you built up to +gear, in other words putting on thfs knife on the end if your th is at 7 the mobs th rises to 8 whether the chat log says this or not it doesn't matter. The gear is a natural boost so it doesn't show up as a "proc".
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-02-02 11:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
If your starting in th gear then take it off your doing it wrong. This causes your thf to start at 6 th( if you have all the peices) then your when you take it off your th drops down to 3, you then have to build your thfs th up to 6 to then begin exceeding 6. putting it on at the end will take whatever you built up to +gear, in other words putting on thfs knife on the end if your th is at 7 the mobs th rises to 8 whether the chat log says this or not it doesn't matter. The gear is a natural boost so it doesn't show up as a "proc".

Um, nope...
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-02 11:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
Bismarck.Luces said:

Um, nope...

Um yes I spend 90% of my time on thf and tested it multiple times. If your getting different results then shits random and we still no nothing about th.
 Ragnarok.Neraya
user: Neraya
By Ragnarok.Neraya 2011-02-02 11:21:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
Hmmm wrong.

As I try to always engage with TK + Armlets (no feet yet) then swap back (/hurray /wait command) and then often got a 6 proc right after my first or second trick and/or sneak attack. And yes when it proc on my first sneak/trick attack that's about the next hit I removed TH gear.

If I follow your statement this should have put me back to 4 and no gain as you say. But in fact I proc a 6 (with no gear) since it already got a base 5 (TH3 +2 from gears).

As it was mentioned month ago already. 1st hit set TH value, next hits can proc a +1. Keep it simple.

*edit* : take a look on this post, Can't be explained better (for me at least).
 Remora.Laphine
By Remora.Laphine 2011-02-02 11:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

you got the other way around completely man. Try it for yourself, /ra with full th and then melee with no th at all. Your first boost will be th3+gear+1. You don't need to melee to set th, any kind of offensive action on a target will do.

If taking off th gear made th drop, another thf with lower th would also make th drop. That is not the case. SE said long ago that the highest amount remains active. It's like a debuff and a weaker version will have no effect when a higher tier one is already active. Now at least another thf, even with a lower tier th, can contribute with th boosts.

Diabolos.Artfuldodger
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-02-02 11:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:

Um yes I spend 90% of my time on thf and tested it multiple times. If your getting different results then shits random and we still no nothing about th.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything, but unless you've got a pic of you setting TH6, removing your TH gear, then proc'ing a +1 and getting a +4 result, I'll gladly eat crow...
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-02 11:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Then my th is broken just like my atma of the apoc has failed to give me RR 2 times now. Because if I take of my th gear I have to build back up my th to proc it. Neither the less arguing over some thing as small as putting it on the end or start doesn't matter since the th values are ending up the same according to y'all.

For me I'll stick with my personal hours that I have spent only testing th and th proc.

*edit I have tested it. Spent about 4 hours testing it when this system first came out when I only had thf knife and atma, then another 2 hours after I got my +2 boots to make sure it still worked that.
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-02-02 11:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it still matters though. Switching your TK out for a better weapon will obviously improve your damage, unless you're there for setting TH and not trying to to +1 off of procs. Switching it out for a lower delay weapon could even boost the rate at which you proc a +1 since you're getting more swings/time.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-02 11:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Remora.Laphine said:
you got the other way around completely man. Try it for yourself, /ra with full th and then melee with no th at all. Your first boost will be th3+gear+1. You don't need to melee to set th, any kind of offensive action on a target will do.

If taking off th gear made th drop, another thf with lower th would also make th drop. That is not the case. SE said long ago that the highest amount remains active. It's like a debuff and a weaker version will have no effect when a higher tier one is already active. Now at least another thf, even with a lower tier th, can contribute with th boosts.

When you take off your gear your thfs treasure hunter becomes 3 making the highist th on the mob 6, meaning your thf still has to build up 3 lvls to exceed that. In no way shape or form does that imply that a thf with lower th would cause the mobs th value to drop. Please stop putting words into my mouth.
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-02 11:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
Then my th is broken just like my atma of the apoc has failed to give me RR 2 times now. Because if I take of my th gear I have to build back up my th to proc it. Neither the less arguing over some thing as small as putting it on the end or start doesn't matter since the th values are ending up the same according to y'all.

For me I'll stick with my personal hours that I have spent only testing th and th proc.

*edit I have tested it. Spent about 4 hours testing it when this system first came out when I only had thf knife and atma, then another 2 hours after I got my +2 boots to make sure it still worked that.
Huh?
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-02-02 11:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Artfuldodger said:
I'd say it still matters though. Switching your TK out for a better weapon will obviously improve your damage, unless you're there for setting TH and not trying to to +1 off of procs. Switching it out for a lower delay weapon could even boost the rate at which you proc a +1 since you're getting more swings/time.

The discussion is whether it matters at the start or at the end. In my 6 hours of testing putting the gear on at the end yields better results, according to the other 2 guys you thf magically stays at th6 without having th gear on, this is se though which does "magical" illogical things all the time. I start without th knife and put it on after my "final ws" aka shortly b4 the mob dies. The others are putting it on at the start then taking it off then stating their thf is able to maintain a treasure hunter value of 4,5 or 6 without wearing any of the gear. This has never happened in any of my testing so if you have screen shots to prove it then this mean that my th somehow preforms differently then these other peoples meaning someones th is broken.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9