Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-28 14:21:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Question:
If you're fighting some mob in abyssea/whereever
And THF procs TH8 on the mob and thf dies...homepoints and comes back
does TH still stick if monster is stilled claimed by the thf's party?

Ifrit.Airius
Server: Ifrit
user: Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2011-01-28 14:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

TH11
big picture is big
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 14:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

He doesn't do abyssea bro!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Question:

I did read the comments on the BG forum, and apparently it does, as the initial TH is put onto the monster from the first hit from the THF, whether it was magic, ranged attack or a normal hit, i cannot see why a mob would essentially lose the effectiveness because the THF died.

It would be kinda like saying, if a RDM dies all the enfeebling that is on the mob will wear off, it will continue on whether or not that RDM dies, however there is no proof that the effectiveness could not diminish over time
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Airius said:
TH11
big picture is big

Wow 11! Now that is cool to see, now that is full on proof right there, thanks for sharing with us :)
 Ifrit.Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2011-01-28 14:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Question:

Yes. Once TH is there its sticks unless the mob goes yellow and to 100%. Also another thf with say TH4 can stack on top of another Thf's TH even if it is already lvl 8
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Airius said:
Question:

Yes. Once TH is there its sticks unless the mob goes yellow and to 100%. Also another thf with say TH4 can stack on top of another Thf's TH even if it is already lvl 8

Does that mean that 2 seperate THFs work on the effectiveness together? Or do they get their own effectiveness on the mob?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-28 14:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Airius said:
Question: If you're fighting some mob in abyssea/whereever And THF procs TH8 on the mob and thf dies...homepoints and comes back does TH still stick if monster is stilled claimed by the thf's party?
k kewl i was just checking to make sure my chat box didn't glitch. cuz my friends and i were fighting carabosse and the thf proc'd TH8 on it. he somehow died. i kited the mob while he homepointed and came back. mob went white. I reclaimed, he comes back, collaborator, hits the mob, bam TH9. and we were both like O.o okay..interesting.
 Diabolos.Artfuldodger
Server: Diabolos
user: cuccon
By Diabolos.Artfuldodger 2011-01-28 14:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

TH from other THF's can increase from another's base TH

edited for clarity
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 14:30:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg you can have 18 thfs in an ally with 18 individual th's!

Of course it doesn't work like that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-28 14:33:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

You are thinking to small. Severall allainces of thfs where you rotate them out for the ultimate TH. So much Th that even a simple mandy will ***out a relic empyrean weapon
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Airius said:
Question: If you're fighting some mob in abyssea/whereever And THF procs TH8 on the mob and thf dies...homepoints and comes back does TH still stick if monster is stilled claimed by the thf's party?
k kewl i was just checking to make sure my chat box didn't glitch. cuz my friends and i were fighting carabosse and the thf proc'd TH8 on it. he somehow died. i kited the mob while he homepointed and came back. mob went white. I reclaimed, he comes back, collaborator, hits the mob, bam TH9. and we were both like O.o okay..interesting.

Ohhh so even though it actually become unclaimed it never lost the effectiveness, maybe once a mob has already been hit by a thf, if it goes unclaimed it will still keep that effectiveness on as long as it still exists? Or maybe there is some kind of timer on TH effectiveness, so after it goes unclaimed there is a set period were you can come back, claim it and add more onto it, but after a certain amount of time it will reset?

I might try that later on, sneak attack a mob, get TH6 on it, use hide, wait for 5 minutes, then see if i can get up to 7
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-28 14:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, just because a mob goes white doesn't mean it's turned passive. White is okay. No hate on anyone, everything is wiped--staggers, TH.
[+]
 Ifrit.Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2011-01-28 14:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Ohhh so even though it actually become unclaimed it never lost the effectiveness, maybe once a mob has already been hit by a thf, if it goes unclaimed it will still keep that effectiveness on as long as it still exists? Or maybe there is some kind of timer on TH effectiveness, so after it goes unclaimed there is a set period were you can come back, claim it and add more onto it, but after a certain amount of time it will reset?

I might try that later on, sneak attack a mob, get TH6 on it, use hide, wait for 5 minutes, then see if i can get up to 7
Not quite. If the unclaimed mob goes back to full health everything you've done to it resets including TH
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-28 14:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Don't you have something better to do? I understand he doesn't have a feasible argument against Abyssea, but that's primarily because he's expressed feelings and not logic. You're welcome to nerd rage about ***all you want, but jeez. I'd think someone who's made some pretty feasible observations on this board would better spend their time than arguing/trolling someone who doesn't care.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Airius said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

Not quite. If the unclaimed mob goes back to full health everything you've done to it resets including TH

Yea i suppose that even if a mob still goes unclaimed, it still does have some initial hate unless everyone warps out or wipes, i might try test it anyways to see if TH effectiveness does reset completely.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-28 14:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Airius said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

Doesn't have to go back to full health.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 14:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

What is this troll of which you speak?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Don't you have something better to do? I understand he doesn't have a feasible argument against Abyssea, but that's primarily because he's expressed feelings and not logic. You're welcome to nerd rage about ***all you want, but jeez. I'd think someone who's made some pretty feasible observations on this board would better spend their time than arguing/trolling someone who doesn't care.

Please dont feed him anything, he will only carry on doing what he does, and i could care less, lets talk about TH effectiveness :D

What im still curious about, just how difficult is it to proc a monster 4 times with treasure hunter? do you need to be fighting it for 20-30 mins or something? lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-28 14:45:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Ifrit.Airius said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Ohhh so even though it actually become unclaimed it never lost the effectiveness, maybe once a mob has already been hit by a thf, if it goes unclaimed it will still keep that effectiveness on as long as it still exists? Or maybe there is some kind of timer on TH effectiveness, so after it goes unclaimed there is a set period were you can come back, claim it and add more onto it, but after a certain amount of time it will reset? I might try that later on, sneak attack a mob, get TH6 on it, use hide, wait for 5 minutes, then see if i can get up to 7
Yea i suppose that even if a mob still goes unclaimed, it still does have some initial hate unless everyone warps out or wipes, i might try test it anyways to see if TH effectiveness does reset completely.
if it starts to regen hp, need to get TH on it again
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 14:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Ifrit.Airius said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

If it's anything like gil finder, Serket usually drops around 20k gil (if memory serves me correctly). A long time ago (back when cap was still 75), I grabbed Serekt off a thf who wiped and when I killed it, I got 30k instead (as well as vclaw and serket ring)
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Flippant said:
Ifrit.Airius said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:

Have you seen this first hand? Any testing done on this at all? :)
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-28 14:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's random, like most things in FF. There is a parameter for each TH upgrade to proc, and if you don't fall in that boundary, you don't get it. If you do, by pure luck of a numbers system, you do.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-28 14:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Please dont feed him anything, he will only carry on doing what he does, and i could care less, lets talk about TH effectiveness :D

What im still curious about, just how difficult is it to proc a monster 4 times with treasure hunter? do you need to be fighting it for 20-30 mins or something? lol
So, just to get this straight. You COULD care less than you currently do?

It's "Couldn't care less" moron.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
It's random, like most things in FF. There is a parameter for each TH upgrade to proc, and if you don't fall in that boundary, you don't get it. If you do, by pure luck of a numbers system, you do.

Yes, clearly SA and TA are big parameters into increasing TH effectiveness, more then 75% of the time i get TH6 when i sneak attack a monster to start a fight, im just curious onto how difficult it is to get a 3rd and 4th proc, and how many SA and TA was needed, how long was the monster fought for etc
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-28 14:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In a 10 minute fight, duo with me tanking and the other healing, taking on a larger NM like Bennu, I can get anywhere from TH7-10. TH8 being the middle range, 9 being the high and 10 being the rare. I've only achieved TH10 three times, however. You can't SA/TA a mob you're the tank on though, so for pure melee attacks, I'd say the % of proc is very low. I'd ask someone who can parse it, as I don't feel like testing it over 1000 hits.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 14:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
In a 10 minute fight, duo with me tanking and the other healing, taking on a larger NM like Bennu, I can get anywhere from TH7-10. TH8 being the middle range, 9 being the high and 10 being the rare. I've only achieved TH10 three times, however. You can't SA/TA a mob you're the tank on though, so for pure melee attacks, I'd say the % of proc is very low. I'd ask someone who can parse it, as I don't feel like testing it over 1000 hits.

Im just wondering what im doing wrong, because i fought gieremund and tanked it for a while on my own til a couple of friends came, and i was never able to get past 8, true i dont have the greatest TP setup in the world but its not exactly bad, maybe i just been really unlucky so far

Has anyone thought that maybe critical hits play a big factor into increasing TH effectiveness? Seen as SA and TA are guaranteed crit hits, maybe increasing that stat will make it more likely that you will get procs? Just a thought which popped in there
 Ifrit.Airius
By Ifrit.Airius 2011-01-28 14:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said:
Ifrit.Airius said:
Cerberus.Kylos said:
Ohhh so even though it actually become unclaimed it never lost the effectiveness, maybe once a mob has already been hit by a thf, if it goes unclaimed it will still keep that effectiveness on as long as it still exists? Or maybe there is some kind of timer on TH effectiveness, so after it goes unclaimed there is a set period were you can come back, claim it and add more onto it, but after a certain amount of time it will reset? I might try that later on, sneak attack a mob, get TH6 on it, use hide, wait for 5 minutes, then see if i can get up to 7
if it starts to regen hp, need to get TH on it again
I'm a bit curious on this. I figured TH had the same properties as proc'ing !! in that in order for it to reset the mob must be at 100% hp. Not saying you're wrong, just would like to see a little more evidence proving this
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-01-28 14:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Every tier is probably more difficult to achieve. Just chalk it up to bad luck. Regardless, there's nothing you can do to fix it.

@Above post: Neutral is not 100% HP. Neutral is when the monster no longer has anyone on its hate list and begins to return to spawn. Even if it hasn't started walking that way yet, when all hate is off its list, you lose all !! procs, they randomize again, and I'm pretty sure TH falls off as well, but it's entirely possible that TH follows different parameters.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2011-01-28 15:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Notice how THF got critical hit bonus at 78+? Maybe critical hits play a big part in the procing of TH effectiveness, which is why it would be great to have a WAR in your party to do blood rage and increase this even further.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9