Game: FFXI
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
The only negative issue I can see with marijuana is it effects different people, very different. I've never had slow motor skills while high so driving high honestly effects me in no way. I'm normal. It if anything, relaxes me and that's it.

Some people aren't like that and it's just as bad as drunk driving, it's not an issue for me personally, but I understand it is for a lot of people, which makes it a hard issue.

You have proof it doesn't effect you? I can drink a 6 pack and feel fine to drive, that doesn't mean I am.

By driving and not running kids over or having my car contact anything other than the tires rolling on the road? Honestly, weed doesn't make me out of my mind... that's LSD, acid and shrooms. You DON'T drive on that ***.

I don't have weak weed out here either, I take huge *** hits, and it they hit me hard, it just doesn't *** with my mind, it chills me out and makes me relaxed. Like I said though, it effects different people differently, but you have to consider you get the wrong drug dealer and you could get some ***laced with another drug and it will *** you up. You might just get some really epic weed that's strong and you aren't used to it.

You need to use common sense, weed isn't a toy, but it's not near as bad as other legal things, as someone else has already mentioned, legalizing it lowers crime rates a lot. Look and Amsterdam.

Actually Amsterdam is considering making Marijuana illegal. The locals hardly ever use it. It being legalized there brings in tourism that causes an increase in crime rates. In the same vein Amsterdam is also taking steps to completely get rid of the Red Light district for the same reasons. They no longer want the type of tourists they are attracting. They're making attempts to clean up their streets.

I am for legalization btw. Pointing towards Amsterdam as a positive on the subject is no longer a viable option.

Not going to say you're wrong or not, cause I haven't looked up Amsterdam recently, but do you have a link or some sort to prove or support your argument? "Tourism brings in crime"? I really don't get that line.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 22:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Marrs said:
Its basic common sense, as it will be law, to not do it while driving.

Not everyone has a basic level of commonsense.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-08-04 22:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bart is a wise man!!! So true!!
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 22:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Does pot make girls slutty?
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-08-04 22:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That's why it won't be decriminalized though. There is no way to test the level of it in someone operating a motor vehicle. Also the Police just use discretion idea would never work. That would cause an unbelievably high number of lawsuits against the state/government along the lines of discrimination/harassment.

There is currently no viable way to ensure safety on the roads in regards to marijuana usage. I.E testing

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

On a relatively fun sidenote, how will pot be beneficial to society if legal?

-Economy,

-Less violence (how many people die during alcohol deals?)

-Less violence for Mexico

-A less intoxicating means for recreational drug use (vs alcohol) with an incredibly lower means of addiction rate (on par with caffeine

-A pain killer you can grow in your backyard (medical)

-Less tax payers being thrown in jail, meaning instead of sucking on tax money (cost for jail housing and jail guards), they are actually giving it (vie paying taxes)

I'm sure theres more, but im just trying to throw more points into play.

[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:
That's why it won't be decriminalized though. There is no way to test the level of it in someone operating a motor vehicle. Also the Police just use discretion idea would never work. That would cause an unbelievably high number of lawsuits against the state/government along the lines of discrimination/harassment.

There is currently no viable way to ensure safety on the roads in regards to marijuana usage. I.E testing

Do you think this keeps people from doing it? Does this mean we should still throw them in jail? Are you considering one con? Does it outweigh all the pros of it being legal?

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 22:34:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Catabolic said:

There is. If someone is swerving off the damn road like a maniac, pull them over, take their license and take them to the station for a drug test if the alcohol test doesn't show alcohol in them. Once they piss in the cup, call them a cab and send them home. If they are swerving off the road it will come back with SOMETHING in their system. Weed or not. Then they can send them the ticket in the mail or however they wanna do it.

Cops don't pull you over unless something is broken on your car or you are swerving on the road. It doesn't get any simpler than that. Edit: Seatbelts too, but irrelevant.

You can get *** up on too much caffeine if you are that kind of person and it could cause you to spazz out and run someone over, do we need to criminalize coffee too because we can't test for it?
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-04 22:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Marrs said:

-Economy,

-A less intoxicating means for recreational drug use (vs alcohol) with an incredibly lower means of addiction rate (on par with caffeine

-Less tax payers being thrown in jail, meaning instead of sucking on tax money (cost for jail housing and jail guards), they are actually giving it (vie paying taxes)

Also:

-Frito Lay (Doritos) and Yum Brands (Taco Bell) will turn incredible profits every quarter, leading to increased employment in the food sector.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Siren.Catabolic said:

One could keep it as illegal on the road as it currently is.
The next issue then becomes "availability".

"The more people who have it, the more who will abuse it".

Again, I'd be inclined to believe it, if over a million kids weren't dealing it right now.

Exactly, how many people do you know who want to smoke pot, but aren't cause its illegal? I don't. I can think of a situations in which they wont (ie bar), but these same people already are.

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

-Economy,

Also:

-Frito Lay (Doritos) and Yum Brands (Taco Bell) will turn incredible profits every quarter, leading to increased employment in the food sector.

Eye drops.
 Leviathan.Eburo
Server: Leviathan
user: Stephano
By Leviathan.Eburo 2010-08-04 22:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
Unicorn.Marrs said:

-Economy,

Also:

LMAO
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 22:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So here's a question. Why do you guys smoke pot to begin with?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-04 22:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
different state of mind, same reason people drink.
i wanted to do LSD since the age of 13 though :/
dunno why exactly that became a goal, but hell i completed that task with flying colors.
in the 10+ club :D
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 22:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

I honestly haven't in a while, but why do you drink? It relaxes me tbh. I have a problem sleeping which it helps with too. Not using that as an excuse at all, that's just a bonus.

It's not like it gives me trippy dreams or allows me to ride unicorns or some ***. :(
 Fairy.Spence
By Fairy.Spence 2010-08-04 22:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have a beer for the taste. Would you smoke a joint for the taste?

Edit - I'm curious now
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 22:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn pot heads!!!

So am I too late or have people already posted all the studies of the negative effects and the potheads debunked it as a government conspiracy?

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-08-04 22:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when I was a bouncer I never cared if someone was high on weed.Not the most violent folks, lol. Just told them not to bring it out in the club. I say make it legal and tax it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Eburo
Server: Leviathan
user: Stephano
By Leviathan.Eburo 2010-08-04 22:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't smoke it, but if I could I'd do it to ease my muscles, when I'm tense, nervous or stressed I get kinda twitchy :(
 Unicorn.Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-08-04 22:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:

Its natural for the brain to desire intoxication, take a look through out history (its not just some huge random coincidence a lot of people do or try drugs (outside of addiction, but thats passed tense), I'm sure religious people would want you to believe something is wrong in their lives though for example). But to me, personally, its more of a sense of, I can enhance this food right now, I can enhance this room, without any real come down, so, why not?

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-08-04 22:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
I'll have a beer for the taste. Would you smoke a joint for the taste?
Actually yes.
You buy the really good ***for the taste(and uber high), if you buy mexican brick weed you buy it for the cheap high.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-04 22:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Damn pot heads!!! So am I too late or have people already posted all the studies of the negative effects and the potheads debunked it as a government conspiracy?
We blamed it on the One World Government and the Lizard people controlling it.
Hmmm sounds about like the normal response on these forums. More or less. Well and to be fair from most smokers

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 17 18 19